The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Friday 25th October
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES F

RIDAY, 25TH OCTOBER.

INDEPENDENT OF EXTERNAL FORCES.

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content (Philippians 4:11).

The Greek rendering of the word “content” in our theme scripture is “Autarkes,” from where the English word, “Autarchy” is derived. Autarchy is the policy of economic independence on external forces; to be self-sufficient. In 2 Corinthians 9:8 (AMPC), we see that it’s God’s will for us to walk in this level of self-sufficiency.

It says, “And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation].”

This is easy to accept, believe and understand, when you truly know who the Christian is: he’s one in whom Christ dwells, and Christ is everything. When you have Christ, you’re full; you’ve arrived; you have it all. But not many have come to this understanding.

I came across the foregoing verse as a teenager, and made up my mind to have it actuated in my life. I chose to walk in the light of it, and it’s been my life ever since. Make up your mind to live in blessings and abundance, because it’s the life God has given to you in Christ.

Refuse to allow the circumstances of life dictate your response. Live by God’s Word. Be absolutely independent of circumstances, such that no matter what happens, you’re always on top. You’ve become an oasis of love in a troubled world. There could be chaos everywhere, but you’re unruffled; only making progress, and moving forward. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you, for you’ve granted me all things that pertain to life and godliness; I don’t lack anything good, because the world belongs to me. I’m steadfast and unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord. I’m strengthened by the Holy Spirit in my inner man, and I win all the time, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? [shall] tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

1 Corinthians 3:21-22
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; 22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
2 Timothy 1:1-18 & Jeremiah 17-18

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
John 7:32-44 & 2 Kings 13-14

#TALKINGSESSION

25TH OCTOBER.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your life that is at work in me. My body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, therefore, no sickness, disease or infirmity can lodge in it.

I cut out any disease-germ or growth that tries to attach itself to my body, in the Name of Jesus, and I continually glorify God in my spirit and my body as I walk in divine health today.

Thank You for impacting righteousness into my spirit, thereby making it possible for me to live and function rightly in life. That righteousness has brought precision and excellence into my life, enabling me to do the right thing always, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: FRIDAY 25TH OCTOBER 2019

THEME: ANY EXPECTATIONS FROM GOD?
MEMORISE:

And Jesus stood still, and called them, and said, What will ye that I shall do unto you? Matthew 20:32
READ: Matthew 20:29-34

20:29 And as they departed from Jericho, a great multitude followed him. 20:30 And, behold, two blind men sitting by the way side, when they heard that Jesus passed by, cried out, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou son of David. 20:31 And the multitude rebuked them, because they should hold their peace: but they cried the more, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou son of David. 20:32 And Jesus stood still, and called them, and said, What will ye that I shall do unto you? 20:33 They say unto him, Lord, that our eyes may be opened. 20:34 So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed him.

It is a sad thing to realise that some children of God virtually expect nothing from Him. In the guise of modesty and spirituality, some people practically live a life of begging. Like Lazarus, they live off the provision of their fellow brethren, whom they sometimes consider to be "worldly". Rather than asking God and working towards having something productive to do that will meet their needs, they prefer living at the expense and mercy of other people.

They can be likened to the older brother of the prodigal son, who did not realise who he was and the enormous resources at his disposal as the dutiful son of a very rich man (Luke 15:11-32). It was in his presence that his younger brother foolishly asked for his share of their father's inheritance and went away to squander it.

The older brother kept on working faithfully in his father's business but never bothered to ask for anything meaningful to celebrate with his friends, even though he desired to do so. The reason he did not ask was because he chose to feign spirituality and modesty. His inward nature and desire came to the fore when his younger brother returned in repentance, and their father forgave him and even celebrated the occasion by killing the fattest cow this older brother has been grooming! Probably he had been planning to ask his father to let him have that cow to celebrate a special occasion.

Unfortunately for him, the cow was used to celebrate a lost son who was found! Luke 15:28-30 captures his reaction to this, saying:

"And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him. And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends: But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf."

In response, his father reminded him that all he had was his. In other words, if he had asked, he would have received whatever he wanted.

The bottom line here is that the older son neither knew what he wanted nor his place in his father's household. He was even asking for just a little goat out of all his father had, which actually belonged to him! He ended up being jealous, and this kept him outside while others enjoyed themselves in his father's banquet hall. Beloved, what is your expectation from the Lord as you serve Him and do is bidding? In today's Bible reading, Jesus asked the blind men, "*_What will ye that I shall do unto you?_*"

They wisely responded, "*_Lord, that our eyes may be opened._*" Consequently, Jesus compassionately touched them, and they received their sight. The Lord will have compassion on you today, provided you sincerely tell Him what you desire from Him. There is no impossibility with God; He will surely meet your expectations.

KEY POINT:

"Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full." (John 16:24)

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:

2 Chronicles 31-32, Revelation 19:6-21
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN 8: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE

1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Saviour divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*APPOINTMENT WITH THE MASTER*

25 October, 2019

It is the consciousness of consequence that imparts caution to action.

SCRIPTURE: And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Revelation 22:12

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It is the consciousness of consequence that imparts caution to action.
Appointment can be understood as an arrangement to meet someone at a particular place and time.

It is important to note that appointment goes hand-in-hand with preparation � be it a divine appointment or an earthly appointment. The question is, how prepared would you be if our Master Jesus Christ gives you an appointment to meet with Him today? If the King of Kings summons you now, could you meet Him the way you are now?

If you were told that Jesus Christ wants to see you now, would you meet Him with your conscience that is smeared with compromise? Would you be meeting Him holding grudge in your heart against that person? Would you meet Him with those artificial things that have transformed your face, making you to look like someone? Would you meet Him with that lifestyle of pretense? You laugh or smile with someone as though you are happy with them but your heart speaks otherwise.

The truth is, when we get to eternity there will be a lot of surprises, �I am a Pastor or a Church worker� will not mean anything to God then.
What will matter is what you would be comfortable with when you appear in the Presence of Jesus and your conscience is justified. What do you think you would have to change in your life if you were told that Jesus is waiting to see you? Change it now! Adjust your life now because one day you will appear before Him on the judgment day (Hebrews 9:27).

REMEMBER THIS: It is the consciousness of consequence that imparts caution to action
ASSIGNMENT (S):

1. Take out time today to reflect on your life; the way you are right now, are you prepared to meet Jesus?
2. Adjust whatever needs to be adjusted in your life now in order to be fit to meet the Master.
For Further Understanding, Get This Message: What Will You Do?

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I make demands on Your grace to live ready for Your soon coming. Help me to maintain a godly character and lifestyle that would give me access to Your Presence, Lord, in Jesus� Name.
For Further Understanding, Get This Message: What will do?

QUOTE: Through your appearance, something can be cited about your life that can affect your identity, dignity, authority, prosperity, mentality, beauty as well as opportunities in the realm of the spirit. Culled from �Who Are You?� by Dr Paul Enenche
AMAZING FACT: The sun, which is a star, is 93 million miles away from us, a gigantic celestial body with a circumference of three million miles around. And there are stars in the universe that are 1,000 times as large as the sun.

DAILY READING: Jer 48:1 to 49:22, 2 Tim 4:1 to 22, Ps 95:1 to 96:13, Prov 26:9 to 12.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: The grace to live ready be released on you in Jesus� Name
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: FRIDAY 25TH OCTOBER, 2019*

*TOPIC: HIS THUMBPRINT IS ON YOU! KEEP MOVING!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: GENESIS 19:17-26*

One of the temptations every man or woman must prepare to face and resolve to overcome is the temptation to look back! The instruction of the angel in Verse 17 of today’s scripture is clear: 

*“Escape for your life, DO NOT LOOK BEHIND YOU…”* If you have no future to look forward to, it will be impossible to resist the temptation to look back. Lot’s wife had no future to forward to. *She had lived all her life for Sodom and Gomorrah and not for Jehovah God.* Because she had nothing to look forward to, she looked back, and she became a pillar of salt (Genesis 19:26).

*Do you know that the rear view mirror of a car is always smaller than the wind shield?* This is because it is more important to focus on where you are going to, than where you have left behind. I will say that again, in another way. *Nothing Is More Important To You Now Than Where You Are Going To. Pay More Attention To Where You Are Going To Than To Where And What You Have Left Behind.* What have you left behind? What abusive relationships have you left behind? What are those hurtful things in your *past that you have left behind?* The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward!

Hear Martin Luther King Jnr: *“If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”* C.S. Lewis admonished thus: 

“There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” I remember Byron Pulsifer: “What is past is past and it does not forbode well to relive past mistakes or transgressions. Move forward rather than being struck in the past. No one can redo the past but everyone can create a better future.” As 2019 ends, the Spirit of God is charging you today: DON’T LOOK BACK because God’s THUMBPRINT IS ON YOU! Your life will show the world that MIRACLES still happen! Hold on! Hold out! Keep moving!

*THIS LAZARUS MUST RISE AGAIN!*
*TOMORROW SATURDAY OCTOBER 26TH IS LAGOS (OGUDU) OCTOBER ANOINTING SERVICE!*
*TIME: 8am – 11:30am. Theme: “THIS LAZARUS MUST RISE AGAIN.” I shall lay hands on all present! DISCOVER THE SECRETS OF RAISING EVERY DEAD LAZARUS! WOW! Satan is in trouble!*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take Song 1: Higher Ground…

1. In your own words, pray on today’s word as led.
2. I will not look back. I will move forward and higher into the brighter future that God has for me in Jesus name.
3. I am marching forward! Lord, use my life to show the world that MIRACLES still happen *(Pray it seriously for 7 days).*
4. Pray about today as led now. *Pray for me.* Pray about the Lagos anointing service!

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: MARK 11-13*
*BY BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/WRITER OF ODM_

*Song 1: I’m Pressing On The Upward Way.*

1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”

*Refrain:*

Lord, lift me up, and let me stand
By faith on Canaan’s tableland;
A higher plane than I have found,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

2. My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.

3. I want to live above the world,
Though Satan’s darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught the joyful sound,
The song of saints on higher ground.

4. I want to scale the utmost height
And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I’ll pray till rest I’ve found,
“Lord, lead me on to higher ground.�
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH

THE LIVING WATER {July ~ Dec., 2019}

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Friday, October 25, 2019
TOPIC: YOU CAN SUCCEED

Read Genesis 26:12-14

12. Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the Lord blessed him.
13. And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:
14. For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.
MEMORISE: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13)

EXPOSITION

'... With God all things are possible', says the Bible (Matt. 19:26b). If all things are possible for God to do, all things are possible for His children (cf. Jn. 14:12). Why? God dwells in them and the power of the Holy Spirit is in them. 

Children of God, go ahead to do everything within God's purpose and programme for your lives, in the power and strength of God. Moses thought that he would use his human power to deliver the children of Israel from Egyptian slavery, but God showed that it was neither by power, nor by might (Exo. 2). God told him, 'I will certainly be with you' (Exo. 3:12a). The presence of God in your life makes it possible for you to succeed. You can succeed in all areas of your life.

You will succeed as long as God is in you. You carry the power of God for success in you. There is no room for failure in your life, when your life is rooted in God of success. God's ability has been deposited in you from the beginning. You just need to activate His power to succeed. There are gifts of God in you for success. The Word of God says, 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.'

The practical gifts of God in you are tools to make you succeed in life. The level of faith and boldness with which you approach your life, will guarantee your success. Just do away with fear in your life and pursue your life's purpose with great faith in God. Success is sure.

PRAYER POINTS

1. I reject failure in my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Lord, equip me with everything I need for life and godliness, so that I will succeed and be prosperous the way You want it for me.
3. Lord, help our teeming youths to stop pursuing success the wrong way in life - internet fraud, prostitution, money rituals, etc.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Isaiah 62:7 - 66:1; 2 Thessalonians 2:12 - 3:15

Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM