The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Wednesday 23rd October
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

WEDNESDAY, 23RD OCTOBER.

YOU’RE OF A DIFFERENT BREED.

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? (2 Corinthians 6:14).

In the verse above, the Apostle Paul used an interesting analogy to distinguish our relationship with unbelievers. He said, “Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers….”

When you have a situation, for example, where two cows are yoked to pull a plough, that’s an “equal” yoking. However, a situation where a cow and a horse are yoked is an “unequal” yoking. One will likely be dragged along and impede the progress of the other. This is what Paul tries to explain.

As a Christian, someone who isn’t born again shouldn’t be your strongest ally or most dependable confidant; that’s a wrong association; an unequal yoking. “...what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness” (2 Corinthians 6:14)? The Christian is called righteousness, while the non-Christian is called “unrighteousness.” To further make the difference clearer, the non-Christian is called darkness, while the Christian is called light.

If you think that isn’t strong and differentiating enough, read the 15th verse; the non-Christian is called “Belial,” which represents the devil, while the Church, of which you’re a part, is called Christ. Glory to God!

Aren’t you just glad you’re born again? You’re different from the rest of the world. You see with the eyes of God. You think the thoughts of God. You’ve gone past the carnal level of life. You’re God’s man; the bearer of His righteousness, glory and grace. You’re of a different breed; the divine breed.

Therefore, as the Bible says, “…come out from among them, and be ye separate…” (2 Corinthians 6:17). You’ve been sanctified by the Spirit; separated to God for His divine use; holy and undefiled.
This is why we preach the Gospel and pray for non-Christians around the world. It’s so they would be converted and translated into the same glorious life we have in Christ. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for choosing me before the foundation of the world, to be holy and without blame before you in love, according to the good pleasure of your will. You’ve made me the light of the world; therefore, I shine ever so brightly. Not only are men drawn to the radiance of your righteousness in me, they’re turned from darkness to light, and to the liberty of the sons of God, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

2 Corinthians 6:17-18 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you, 18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

1 Peter 2:9-10 But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: 10 Which in time past [were] not a people, but [are] now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

1-YESR BIBLE READING PLAN
1 Timothy 5:1-25 & Jeremiah 13-14

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
John 7:11-19 & 2 Kings 10

#TALKINGSESSION

23RD OCTOBER.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD

Dear Father, I thank You, for I have received the Spirit without measure, because as Jesus is, so am I in this world.

I am filled with the fullness of God; therefore, nothing is impossible to me. I face life with the consciousness of a victor.

I can do all things because my sufficiency is of God. Hallelujah! I am the king's kid; thus, all the forces of life and nature are at my disposal, they work together for my good. I am conscious of my heavenly heritage and walk in the light of who I am; an associate of the God-kind!

The devil and his cohorts have no place in my home, body, job, and finances. I exercise my authority in Christ to keep them where they belong—under my feet—in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: WEDNESDAY 23RD OCTOBER 2019

THEME: PRAISE HIM

MEMORISE:
Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. Psalm 106:1

READ: 2 Chronicles 20:19-22

20:19 And the Levites, of the children of the Kohathites, and of the children of the Korhites, stood up to praise the LORD God of Israel with a loud voice on high. 20:20 And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper. 20:21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever. 20:22 And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.

God's children have so much to praise Him for. That you are alive today and able to read this devotional is a good enough reason to praise Him. I believe that most Christians know that there is power in praising God. Some have even experienced great miracles as a result. I am therefore surprised that some of us still find it hard to praise God as often as we should. One reason for this may be our preoccupation with meeting life's daily demands. Sometimes, these demands occupy our time so much that we forget to praise God. We must be like David who made a firm commitment to never forget God's benefits in his life. In Psalm 103:1-2, he said:

"Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:"

Endeavour to emulate this good attribute that David had, even if it means setting reminder on your phone or putting up reminder notes on your walls at home. Make up your mind to offer praises to God on a daily basis, irrespective of the situation you are passing through or how you feel. In all you do, never forget to praise God.

When we praise God, it shifts the focus of our mind away from ourselves and our reality to God and His infinite possibilities, and when our focus is on God rather than our situation, we will begin to see how great God is compared to the size of our problems. Also, when we praise God in spite of how we feel or what we are going through, we declare our dependency on Him and acknowledge that we are not in control of our lives. As a result, we receive peace and strength in place of worries and burdens.

One great benefit of praising God is that it causes our enemies to scatter. 2 Chronicles 20:22 says:

"And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten."

This verse describes what happened when three big nations connived to battle against Judah, knowing that they had just a small army. Considering their numerical disadvantage, Judah would have lost the battle woefully. However, God turned the situation around in their favour when they praised Him. Do you have enemies bigger than you? Activate the power of praise today and see them destroyed for your sake. The fact is when we refuse to praise God, we shortchange ourselves and prolong our problems. Therefore, let praising God become your lifestyle from today.

KEY POINT:
Praising God helps us to focus on His ability and opens the door of possibilities to us.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 26-28, Revelation 17:15-18:13

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 14: LET US WITH A GLADSOME MIND

1 Let us, with a gladsome mind,
Praise the LORD, for He is kind:
For His mercies shall endure,
Ever faithful, ever sure.

2 Let us blaze His Name abroad,
For of gods He is the God:

3 He with all-commanding might
Filled the new-made world with light:

4 All things living He doth feed;
His full hand supplies their need:
5 He His chosen race did bless
In the wasteful wilderness:

6 He hath with a pious eye
Looks upon our misery:

7 Let us therefore warble forth
His high majesty and worth:
*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*THE MATTER OF KNOWING WHO TO MARRY*

23 October, 2019

Any relationship you manage can damage you; any relationship you pamper can tamper with your life and destiny

SCRIPTURE: And the LORD God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Genesis 2:18

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Any relationship you manage can damage you; any relationship you pamper can tamper with your life and destiny
It is confirmed that one of the most critical directions to seek in life is the direction as to who to marry. 
This is because a larger percentage of a person�s success in life is connected to whom he/she married. Marriage failure at times equals destiny failure; a shattered home can equal a shattered life. No matter how anointed a man is, if his house is not in order, his ministry can never be in order. Samson�s downfall or tragedy was connected to the wrong women he associated with. (Judges 14:16-20 and 16:1-21).

Beloved, do not allow the flesh to choose for you whom to marry. That the man is tall, rich and handsome does not mean he is your husband. That the lady is beautiful, fair to look upon and intelligent does not mean that she is the right person for you. Sister, do not allow desperation or any form of pressure make you to make the wrong choice in marriage. Do not say, �I will manage him,� or �I will manage her.�

Get this:
*Any relationship you manage can damage you; any relationship you pamper can tamper with your life and destiny. There is something worse than being single, and that is marrying the wrong person. Marriage is a fixed deposit.

*Sister, that man you are in a relationship with, and he can lift his hand to slap you but drops it on a second thought, when you eventually marry him, know that that slap must happen.

*Never marry anybody who you have lost your peace over. Do not marry anybody out of pity.
*Do not cheapen your life by engaging in premarital sex. Imagine that, the man has not married you but he has seen everything about you. Apart from eternal consequences, that sort of action is a major reason for the abortion or failure of marriage. That is, the marriage ended before it even started. (Hebrew 13:4).

But you shall make it, in Jesus� Name.
REMEMBER THIS: Any relationship you manage can damage you; any relationship you pamper can tamper with your life and destiny.
ASSIGNMENT(S)
1. Wait on the Lord in prayer and fasting to know who to marry. Any time spent to know who to marry is not a waste of time (Genesis 2:18).
2. Ensure you have an inner witness accompanied with a peace of mind over the person you are thinking of marrying.
3. Determine to keep yourself and the relationship pure devoid of premarital sex.

PRAYER: Lord, I ask for divine intervention in my marital relationship. I ask for your mercy in any area I have slipped in time past. Deliver me from marital confusion; I settle for Your Will for my life Lord, in Jesus� Name.

QUOTE: Your masculinity is not for the beating of your wife but for protecting your wife; your femininity is not for talking back at your husband but for talking for your husband. Marriage is responsibility. Culled from �In-laws, In-loves and outlaws� by Dr Becky Paul-Enenche
AMAZING FACT: The nearest heavenly body to us is the moon, and the moon is approximately 245,000 miles away.

TODAY IN HISTORY:23/10/1760 � First Jewish prayer books were printed in North America
DAILY READING: Jer. 42:1 to 44:23, 2 Tim 2:1 to 21, Ps 92:1-93:5, Prov 26:3-5
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: The LORD guide you into His perfect will for your life in this season in Jesus� Name
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: WEDNESDAY 23RD OCTOBER, 2019*
*TOPIC: RESIST INDIGESTION NOW!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURES: PHILIPPIANS 3:12-14; 1SAMUEL 13:5-14*

It was billionaire businessman, Naveen Jain, who said, *“Great entrepreneurs focus on opportunities where others see nothing. This focus and intensity helps to eliminate wasted effort and distractions. Most companies dies from indigestion rather than starvation, i.e., companies suffer from doing too many things at the same time rather than doing few things very well.”* Wow! *THE PRINCIPLE OF INDIGESTION* (thinking of so many things and fighting so many battles at the same time). It has led to SHAME and the DEFEAT of many! As 2019 is ending, the Holy Ghost is still screaming out the need for you to KEEP YOUR FOCUS!

End of the year is a season when millions lose their FOCUS which they had in January! They lose their trust! This happens because of the attack of DELAYS and the intense thoughts of DISCOURAGEMENT! No matter how 2019 has been, refuse to lose your focus now! As long as there is life, there is GREAT HOPE that you will STILL SING YOUR NEW SONG! Yes! You will still fast again – 21 DAYS in January 2020 and you will still be at the TBS LAGOS for the LAST DAY ANOINTING SERVICE - *ELEVATION NIGHT! Tell the devil, you are not a quitter!* That is the power of focus!

King Saul lost his FOCUS and lost his throne because of a FEW MINUTES of IMPATIENCE! He was in a hurry and was probably angry against his God (JEHOVAH) and His prophet (Samuel). They key to ELEVATION and a GREATER TOMORROW is to FOCUS on where you are going, *AGAINST ALL ODDS!* The key to progress is focus! The key to fulfilling destiny is focus! No wonder Paul declared, “This ONE THING I do!” (Philippians 3:13). What is that “ONE THING” that God has called you to do? The ONE THING you must do is summarised in two words – *“FOCUS/TRUST”* (F&T)!

Yes, two words in one – *the “F&T” SECRET!* See where you are going (FOCUS) and TRUST YOUR GOD AGAINST ALL ODDS! Hear the words of Kris Humphries: “I’m someone who always comes on the court no matter what’s going on in my life. It’s all about basketball, regardless of what’s going on or what people are talking about.” That’s stubborn focus! Go and live likewise! I see INDIGESTION ending! I see Focus and Faith rising! Hold on and hold out!

*Today is the beginning of Women Interdenominational Power Conference. Theme: “DANCING IN THE RAIN” Venue: Ogudu Mountain, Lagos. Your Lazarus will rise again as I also lay hands on all women this SUNDAY, 8am.*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take Song 1: Higher Ground…

1. Pray generally on today’s word as led now.
2. I determine to FOCUS/TRUST! I resist discouragement/depression! I resist comparing myself to others! I am not a quitter! I shall not be paralysed by “indigestion.” I shall wait till my change comes in Jesus name *(Pray it for 3 days).*
3. Pray about today!

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: MARK 4-6*
*BY BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/WRITER OF ODM_

*Song 1: I’m Pressing On The Upward Way.*

1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”

*Refrain:*

Lord, lift me up, and let me stand
By faith on Canaan’s tableland;
A higher plane than I have found,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

2. My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.

3. I want to live above the world,
Though Satan’s darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught the joyful sound,
The song of saints on higher ground.

4. I want to scale the utmost height
And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I’ll pray till rest I’ve found,
“Lord, lead me on to higher ground.�
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH

THE LIVING WATER {July ~ Dec., 2019}

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

TOPIC: SUCCESS NEEDS FOUNDATION
Read Genesis 26:12-14

12. Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the Lord blessed him.
13. And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:
14. For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.
MEMORISE: Then Isaac sowed in that land and reaped in the same year a hundred folds; and the Lord blessed him (Genesis 26:12)

EXPOSITION

Everybody loves success. Everybody desires success. Everybody prays for success. "Beloved, I wish above all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers" (3 John 2). 

Everybody wants to succeed. It is the will of God for you to succeed in life. But success has principles that make it happen. God has designed it to be so. A lazy man may wish to jump into success without any work at all. Things do not work like that. God has laid down certain things to follow, if you want to succeed. God worked in creating the heaven and the earth. As sovereign God, He showed us good example to follow, if we want to succeed.

Isaac became prosperous and very rich, when he followed one pivotal foundation of success. 'Then Isaac showed in that land...' Sowing was the foundation that Isaac needed for his success. What are you doing now in order to succeed? What kind of foundations are you laying to succeed in the nearest future? What do you plant that can yield blessings for you? What are your godly investments for future harvest? Success calls for solid foundation.

Famine did not prevent Isaac from sowing the seed he had. He planted the seed and they yielded fruits in hundred folds. You can go and learn an art, or a trade. You can acquire more skills to fetch you more money - entrepreneurship. Laying the foundation for success is a necessary step to succeed. Success works on the wings of solid foundation. Begin to lay good foundation for yourself now, and God will grant you success; most especially, you have to sow your life totally in Jesus, and you shall become successful.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Father, open my eyes to those things I must do to facilitate my success.
2. God, help me to overcome all barriers militating against my success in life, in Jesus' name.
3. Pray that God should prosper His works in the hands of the Authority of our great Mission.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Isa. 54:12 - 58:11; 1 Thes. 5:10 - 5:28; 2 Thes. 1:1 - 1:2
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM