The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Sunday 20th October
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

SUNDAY, 20TH OCTOBER.

FEED YOUR FAITH, NOT YOUR FEARS

…It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God (Matthew 4:4).

In today’s world, people are more particular about what they eat. While some eat the right foods to stay healthy, there’re those who, from eating all the wrong things, have put their health in jeopardy. It’s the same thing spiritually. As a Christian, you must feed on the right information. You must feed your faith with the Word of God. Some Christians would rather feed their fears than feed their faith. You feed your fears when you give attention to wrong or noxious information.

The food for the human spirit is God’s Word. Jesus said, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4). Whilst God’s Word makes the human spirit come alive—buoyant with faith, hope and love—unwholesome words poison and destroy the human spirit.

The effect of feeding on wrong information in the life of a Christian may not be seen overnight; but with time, such a person gets weaker and weaker spiritually. Before long, he’s no longer as fervent in spiritual things as he used to be. Then, his life takes a completely different turn from God’s original plan.
Give attention to the right information. Fortify and energize your spirit for success with God’s Word.

The forces of life are domiciled in your spirit; as you feed your spirit with the Word, you’ll be able to produce every good thing you want in life from within you. Jesus said, “A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things” (Matthew 12:35).

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for the opportunity to hear and receive your Word. My passion for the Word is increased, and it’s producing faith, knowledge and joy in my spirit. Therefore, your wisdom is working in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Acts 20:32; 1 Peter 2:2; Colossians 3:16
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Timothy 2:1-15 & Jeremiah 7-8

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 6:52-60 & 2 Kings 6

AFFIRMATIONTRAIN

20TH OCTOBER.

I affirm that I know who I am! I am the effulgence of God’s glory; the radiance of His grace and beauty! I am anointed with the Holy Ghost; anointed to decipher between light and darkness, and I am deeply rooted in the Word of truth.

I can never be deceived, because I dwell in the light. I am an associate of the God-kind and a member of the assembly of the saints in light! My life is garnished by the Spirit of God for I am the workmanship of God in Christ Jesus; created unto good works. Daily, I reign in life as a king and rule over all circumstances.

The love of God is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit and it drives me today to put in everything and do all that is required for the message of the Gospel to reach out to the ends of the earth. I am rightly positioned today, in God’s place of opportunity for me. Wisdom guides and moves me from within to take the right steps that are consistent with God’s purpose and calling for my life.

There’s no uncertainty or confusion in my path. I am set on the path of success, glory, victory and divine destiny! I walk in preordained pathways, for predestination is at work in me! The course of events in my life has been structured by God to bring Him glory, having established me to fulfil my destiny in Him! Blessed be God. Hallelujah!

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
*OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

DATE: SUNDAY 20TH OCTOBER 2019

THEME: GODLY LEADERSHIP PRINCIPLES.

MEMORISE:
If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. John 13:14

READ: Luke 22:24-27

24 And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.

25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.

26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

Leadership is very vital to God’s created order, so much so that even animals have a way of choosing leaders among themselves. When you watch wildlife documentaries, you will appreciate how important leadership is in fulfilling God’s *plan* and purpose in the affairs of living creatures, today, we shall be considering leadership from God’s perspective. I believe this will help us to set our priorities in order as we go about our leadership obligations wherever God has placed us, whether in the family, school, church, community of country.

In today’s Bible reading, our Lord Jesus Christ taught godly leadership principles in response to an argument among His disciples on who should be their leader, He also taught them practically with His leadership lifestyle. He specifically said in Luke 22:27:
“For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.”

In this verse, the Lord established the principle of leadership by example. It is however amazing that many do not lead by example. Even in the Church today, some leaders demand hero-worships from the flock of Jesus Christ. Many guest ministers dictate the type of *hotel* accommodation their host should provide for them as part of the preconditions for accepting invitations to minister God’s word. Some even have a “price list” stating the honorarium they must receive and the class of flight they must be flown in. Instead of the richer ministers to support the upcoming ones with the wealth of experience they have, they scare them away from partaking of their anointing through the enormous cost of inviting them for ministration. Some senior pastors are becoming burdensome to junior ones because just one statutory visit from them places unbearable financial obligation on their growing parishes. If the spread of the gospel will not be inhibited, we must go back to the leadership principles of our Lord in John 13:13-15, which says:
“ Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.”

Beloved, only the principle of leadership through service can stand the test of time, even in the political arena. Selfish and self-centered leadership does not endure beyond the ordained tenure of a leader. Let us follow the leadership principles of Jesus Christ, built on love and firmness and devoid of hypocrisy.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, impart in me the leadership traits of Jesus Christ my Lord.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Chronicle 19-20
Revelation 14:14-15:8

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 3: I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS.
1. I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

2. Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;

3. The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
SEEDS OF DESTINY*

* WHEN AMBITION IS NO MORE�*

20 October, 2019

What will matter is that thing that matters when nothing else matters.

SCRIPTURE: �Watch out! Don�t let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don�t let that day catch you unaware, like a trap. For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth.
Luke 21:34-35

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: What will matter is that thing that matters when nothing else matters.

We live in a very careless generation where people mind the immediate and ignore the ultimate. You see, people prepare for wedding but never prepare for the marriage � their wedding succeeded but the marriage is a mess. In the same manner, you see people with great ambitions of achieving diverse things on the earth but with zero ambition concerning eternity. What a tragedy!

The question is, what is the ambition of millions of those lying dead at the cemeteries of the world? What is the ambition of those in mortuaries? What do they want to achieve? What is on their expectation cards? Nothing!

Beloved, don�t waste your life chasing shadows. A time will come when ambition would be zero. That is, no more ambition to pursue, and that is when the Owner of life has taken it.

What will you do if the curtains of time are drawn and the channels of eternity are opened? What will you do when the silver cord is broken, when the golden pitcher is broken? What will you do when man returns to his age-long home, when dust returns back to his dust and the spirit returns to the Maker? What will you do when no one cares how well dressed you are because, of course, no one cares about how well dressed a dead person looks? What will you do when nobody cares how fine or beautiful you look because no one cares how beautiful a dead person looks?

Please, don�t spend your life time chasing vanity; don�t squander your time on things that don�t really matter. What will you do if you have just 24 hours to live on earth because one day you will have just 24 hours left to be alive? Will you be able to meet God the way you are looking now? What will you have to straighten out in your life if you have been told that only 24 hours is left for you to be alive. Please straighten it now. Do it now!

REMEMBER THIS: What will matter is that thing that matters when nothing else matters
ASSIGNMENT(S)

1. Reflect on the message of today and take action steps
2. Be conscious of Christ�s second coming
3. Live ready

PRAYER: O Lord, I ask that You lead me away from the things that hinder me; deliver me from the vanities of this life and grant me the grace to live with the consciousness of Christ�s soon coming, O Lord, in Jesus� Name.

For Further Understanding Get This Message: What Will You Do?

QUOTE: This life is not a rehearsal, it is reality; heaven is real and hell is also real. Culled from 365 Wisdom Capsules by Dr Paul Enenche
AMAZING FACT: When a male penguin falls in love with a female penguin, it searches whole beach to find a perfect pebble to give as a present to her.
DAILY READING: Jer 35:1 to 36:32, 1 Tim 5:1 to 25, Ps 89:14 to 37, Prov 25:25 to 27.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: The grace to live ready and not be taken by surprise is released on you in Jesus� Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: SUNDAY 20TH OCTOBER, 2019*

*TOPIC: LOVE ALL! TRUST A FEW!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: GENESIS 16:1-16*

Welcome to today’s devotional with the Holy Spirit, the giver of all good gifts. Note from today’s first scripture that a gift that is not filled with and wrapped with love is no gift at all. It’s not your gift that counts (that is, the physical thing, or the physical act of service), rather it is the love that the receiver feels that matters.

It is the attitude that backs your giving that counts. No wonder the Bible says, *“God love a cheerful giver” (second scripture). A hand that gives must be supported with a heart that gives.* If your hands give, but your heart withholds, you are not giving with a heart of love. Oh! I remember William Shakespeare: *“LOVE ALL; TRUST a few! Do wrong to none!”*

LOVE MUST BE SEEN AS A VERB; AN ACTION WORD! *No wonder Martin Luther King said: “In the end, we will remember, not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”* And it’s always a LOUD SILENCE that bleeds! Love involves LISTENING to OTHERS! Love means you are a SOLUTION to others, despite your own battles! But catch this warning: *Be careful who you talk to about your battles, because a listening ear could also be a RUNNING MOUTH – a gossip!* Close with the saintly Mother Theresa: “A life not lived for others is not a life.” Live your life for God and live it to be a blessing to those you meet daily as 2019 ends and your 2020 ELEVATION years begins!

*WOMEN DELIVERANCE/LAYING ON OF HANDS: Be at the ANNUAL Manna Women Interdenominational Power Conference. Theme: “DANCE IN THE RAIN.” Date: 23rd – 25th October, 2019. Venue: Ogudu Mountain, Sunday 27th October is Thanksgiving Service. Time: 7am. Your Lazarus will rise again! I HEAR A NEW SONG CONCERNING YOU!*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take any song of praise as led.
1. In your own words, pray over today’s word seriously.
2. Holy Ghost, Giver of all good things, make me a channel of blessing to my generation.
3. Help me never to trust men foolishly! I refuse to be a victim of foolishness in Jesus name.
4. I turn my focus on the Word of God and I refuse to be distracted by the actions, inaction or disappointments of men!
5. Holy Ghost, as 2019 ends, disappoint the devices of the crafty concerning my life, family and ministry in Jesus name (Pray it seriously for 5 days).
6. Pray for Israel today! Pray for your local church!
7. Pray about today! *See pages 7-9 NEW devotional prayers today and daily!*

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: MATTHEW 23-25*
*BY BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH

THE LIVING WATER {July ~ Dec., 2019}

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Sunday, October 20, 2019

TOPIC: BE RESPECTFUL
Read Exodus 20:12

12. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
MEMORISE: You shall rise before the gray headed and honor the presence of an old man, and fear your God: I am the Lord your God (Leviticus 19:32)

EXPOSITION

The culture of courtesy, respect and honour is being eroded in so many cultures. Younger people now find it very difficult to show regards to their elderly ones. However, the culture of the Bible supersedes every other culture in the world, and should be the yardstick for all people, everywhere.

The Bible commands the young ones to 'rise before the gray headed' and honour their 'presence'. This is a proof of fearing Lord God (Lev. 19:32). Also, God commands, 'Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you' (Exo. 20:12).

Whatever you do to elderly people is indirectly done to God. This is a form of worshipping God. Children who curse, disobey, hurl insults at, or steal from their parents are incurring the wrath of God. Children who are doing all these are nothing but the children of Belial.

What some of our young ones do today is worse than the attitude those children put up against the man of God in 2 Kings 2:23-25. The way you look down on aged people as if you are not going to become old like them someday, infuriates your Maker and theirs.

Solution: When you see an elderly person standing in a queue with you, courtesy demands you allow him/her to be served before you. Courtesy demands you don't choose ahead of your seniors (remember Lot's mistake). As it is in your power, render any form of assistance to elderly citizens and don't make life unbearable for them. Be respectful. You will be glad you did (Eph. 6:1-3).

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord, let Your love saturate our hearts, so that we can honour those whom honour is due.
2. The spirit of humility, possess our young ones and deliver them from the destructive spirit of arrogance, in Jesus' name.
3. Lord, help government, both in the church and politics, to see to welfare of their retired citizens and be apt to the payment of their pensions.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Isaiah 44:13 - 47:9; 1 Thessalonians 1:8 - 2:18
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM