The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional For Friday 18th October
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES FRIDAY,

18TH OCTOBER.

HE RESPONDS TO FAITH

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us (1 John 5:14).

Our opening scripture isn’t referring to whether or not your request is consistent with the Father’s will. Rather, it’s talking about having a hearing before the Father. If you pray according to God’s will for prayer—His will for asking — you’ll be heard.

God has a will—a design or plan—for prayer. His will for prayer is that you pray in the Name of Jesus; otherwise, you won’t be heard, even if you cry day and night.

Recall the account in Matthew 9, of two blind men who followed Jesus, crying, “Son of David, have mercy on us” (Matthew 9:27). Jesus didn’t say anything to them. They kept wailing and yelling, following Him; yet, He didn’t respond. Eventually, He asked them, “Believe ye that I am able to do this?” And they replied, “Yes, Lord, we believe” (Matthew 9:28).

The Bible says, “Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you” (Matthew 9:29), and walked away. You’d have thought because of their persistent crying, the Master would oblige them immediately, but no; He’s moved by your faith, not your tears.

On another occasion, a woman cried after Him until the disciples were disturbed, and said to Him, “Master, she’s crying after us; send her away” (Matthew 15:23). Jesus ignored her, until she stopped crying, and started worshipping (Matthew 15:25). It’s not about how much you cry; you have to act on the Word.

You can cry in worship and fellowship as you channel your emotions towards God; that’s okay. But crying from pain, sickness, or as a result of trouble in your job or business, hoping God would respond, won’t change anything.

The knowledge of His Word is what you need, because His will is unveiled in His Word. The more you speak in tongues, and study the Word, the more His will is unveiled to you. Praise God!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege and opportunity of prayer. Your will is unveiled to my spirit, through your Word, and I’m confident of your love and power at work in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

1 Peter 3:12; Romans 8:26-27; Luke 12:32
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
2 Thessalonians 3:1-18 & Jeremiah 3-4

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 6:30-40 & 2 Kings 4

#AFFIRMATIONTRAIN

18TH OCTOBER.

I affirm that I am excited about my life in Christ. I’ve passed from death to life; from sin to righteousness; from sickness to health; from poverty to wealth. I have the life and nature of God in me; I’ve put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

God has made all grace [every favor and earthly blessing] come in abundance to me, so that I may always [under all circumstances, regardless of the need] have complete sufficiency in everything [being completely self-sufficient in Him], and have an abundance for every good work and act of charity.

This is my time and my season; I am rightly positioned by the Spirit of the Lord for a wealth transfer. Hallelujah! The Spirit of God has open the eyes of my understanding to the right connections and ideas I need to be ahead in my field.

I am divinely connected with all resources—human, material, financial—that are consistent with my destiny in Christ. My eyes are anointed to see opportunities, and I am divinely empowered to take advantage of them.

I believe and acknowledge the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ who though was rich, made Himself poor that I might become rich. I accept my prosperity as His will and plan for my life. Blessed be God. Hallelujah!

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: FRIDAY 18TH OCTOBER 2019

THEME: TELLING LIES?

MEMORISE:

Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Ephesians 4:25

READ: John 8:42-44
8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

To tell a lie is to intentionally make a false statement. According to Proverbs 6:16-19, lying is one of the seven abominations that God hates. Despite this fact, lying is still the most common sin, even amongst Christians. The reason this is so is because it is very easy to lie and also because many people do not consider lying to be a serious sin. Lying is a characteristic of the old Adamic nature we had before we became born again. Speaking on this, Colossians 3:9 says:

"Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;"
The Holy Spirit makes it clear in this verse that lies can only be found on the lips of those who haven't put off the old man with his deeds.

The moment you become a child of God and shed the old man and his deeds, lying shouldn't be part of you anymore. It then means that any Christian who still finds it easy to tell lie should check his or her salvation, because at the point of new birth, your nature changes from the nature of the devil whose authority you were under, to the nature of Christ, who is the Truth. The devil is revealed to be a liar in John 8:44c, which says:

"When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."
Speaking the truth at all times is an attribute of the new man. In fact, this virtue is one of the defining characteristics of the new man. This is because the Spirit of Christ that births the new life of God in us when we become born again is the Spirit of truth.

Declaring His nature, the Lord said in John 14:17:
"Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."

It is clear from this scripture that the Holy Spirit dwells in all those who are born again, to teach and counsel us to walk in the truth always. He Himself said in 1 John 2:27:

"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."

If you are a true Christian, you therefore find it very difficult to tell lies. The Bible says it is out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks (Luke 6:45). If the Spirit of truth resides in you and teaches you all things, then through His influence, you will naturally tell the truth at all times. However, if it's the spirit of the old man that you still possess, then you will find out that it very easy for you to tell lies. How is it with you today?

PRAYER POINT:

Father, pleass fill me up with Your Spirit and cause me to walk in Your truth at all times.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 14-16, Revelation 13
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN 4: TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE

1.Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise,
Let them flow in endless praise..

2.Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3.Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose,
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.
*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF MARRIAGE*

18 October, 2019

Your muscles are not meant to fight your wife but to fight for your wife; it is not to intimidate your wife but to accommodate her.

SCRIPTURE: Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.

Ephesians 5:22, 25.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Your muscles are not meant to fight your wife but to fight for your wife; it is not to intimidate your wife but to accommodate her.

Marriage is the legally or formally recognized union of two people, a man and a woman. Simply put, it is the state of being married.
In marriage, a man leaves his father and his mother in order to be united with his wife (Genesis 2:24). It is critical also to know that God is the originator of marriage. (Genesis 2:18). So, marriage is not just recognized by humanity but it is also approved and recognized by Divinity.
Now, marriage itself is responsibility.

The man should be responsible to his wife and the wife should be responsible to her husband.
The truth is, you are meant to relate with your husband or wife the same way Christ relates with His Church. And this applies to singles who will get married someday. Anytime a woman sees her husband, she should be reminded of Christ, and not be reminded of the devil. The man is not meant to be a picture of wickedness in the home or a symbol of tyranny to his wife.

The tragedy today is, some men are the lions of the tribe of their families, including those who are Christians and church workers. When they are returning home from work, their children and wives would begin to quake. This is absolutely not of God.
Beloved, your muscles are not meant to fight your wife but to fight for your wife; it is not to intimidate your wife but to accommodate her. Masculinity is responsibility, and marriage is responsibility.
REMEMBER THIS: Your muscles are not meant to fight your wife but to fight for your wife; it is not to intimidate your wife but to accommodate her.

ASSIGNMENT:

1. Determine to be responsible or to become more responsible in your marriage
2. Let your wife or husband see Christ in you by the way you treat him/her.
PRAYER: Lord, I ask for the Grace to embrace responsibility in my marital relationship. I refuse to be a source of pain to my wife or to my husband. Make me a reflection of Your Image when my spouse beholds me, Lord, in Jesus� Name.
For Further Understanding, Get this Message:jRevelation of Marriage

QUOTE: When you are getting into marriage, understand your husband�s practice with his people. This knowledge will help you to continue the practice in marriage. Culled from �In-laws, In-loves and outlaws� by Dr. Becky Paul-Enenche
AMAZING FACT: Frogs breathe through their skin in hibernation

DAILY READING: Jer. 31:27 to 32:44, 1 Tim :1 to 16, Ps 88: 1 to 18, Prov. 25:20 to 22.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: The grace to exist as a picture of Christ both in the home and in life generally is released upon you in Jesus� Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: FRIDAY 18TH OCTOBER, 2019*

*TOPIC: BE A CANDLE OR A MIRROR!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: JOHN 13:21-28*
It was Israel More who said: *“You should either be like the candle that produces light or like a mirror which reflects it.

Pray for love; sow love, show love and share love.”* In 251 A.D. for example, a great plague struck the Greco-Roman world. Memories were revived of a plague a century earlier in which more than a third of the population died.

Fear was everywhere. Those who could afford it fled to the countryside. Those who could not remained in the cities. When they went to the temples, they found them empty, the priests having fled. The streets were filled with those who had become infected, their families left with no option but to push them out the door.
Christian communities however took an entire different approach. They saw it as their responsibility to love the sick and dying, so they took them into their homes and nursed them. This action meant that many people recovered who otherwise would have died. Historians suggest that elementary nursing could have reduced the mortality rate by as much as two thirds, but it also cost a number of Christian workers their lives (culled from – “In the Early Church”, Henry Chadwick)j. Beloved, we can never talk about us being Christians without genuine love for other believers and people around us. I have come to discover that one of the easiest way to either win people to Christ or touch their lives positively is to love them. People are naturally attracted to wherever they feel loved.
Jesus said (Paraphrased) – “BY THIS shall *ALL MEN* know that you are my disciples – IF YOU LOVE one another” (John 13:35). *ALL MEN means *ALL MEN* and *ALL NATIONS* – every mortal man/woman understands,

*IT IS THE LANGUAGE OF LOVE!* No wonder Nanette Matthews opined: *“Ignite the fire of lovingkindness in your soul, fuel that fire with understanding and compassion for others, and start a bonfire of love worldwide.”* As 2019 ends, determine to show more kindness and love daily! See 1Corinthians 13 later before bedtime and pray about those qualities of love! *Be a candle that shines out love or a mirror that reflect it!* You will end 2019 with a testimony that will shock you in Jesus name. Pray now and read 1Corinthians 13 tonight!

*Next week October 23rd, 2019 is the beginning of Manna Women Interdenominational Power Conference. Theme: “DANCING IN THE RAIN” Venue: Ogudu Mountain, Lagos. Be there! Your Lazarus will rise again! I see 5 fruit-of-the-womb visitations as I lay hands on all women!good.

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take a song of adoration to God.
1. Thank God for today’s word and pray as you are led.
2. Father, forgive me in any way in which I have not walked in love towards others.
3. Father God, make me Your MIRROR and Your CANDLE! Let my life make a difference as 2019 ends in Jesus name.
4. As I love others sacrificially and show kindness, I call forth destiny helpers into every areas of my life and ministry in Jesus name *(Pray it seriously).*
5. Pray about today seriously, and any other prayer(s) as led..

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: MATTHEW 16-19*
*BY BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/WRITER OF ODM_ gr
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH

THE LIVING WATER {July ~ Dec., 2019}

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Friday, October 18, 2019

TOPIC: POOR IN SPIRIT

Read Luke 18:15-17

15. And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them.
16. But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
17. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

MEMORISE: Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it (Luke 18:17)

EXPOSITION

We just marked the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty, yesterday. A way to overcome poverty is to be poor in spirit. What does this mean? Children are a heritage of the Lord, and Jesus held them in high esteem in His ministry. Jesus first says, "The kingdom of heaven belongs to the poor in spirit", and now, He says, "The kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children." Therefore, the poor in spirit are those who are like children. What features do children exhibit?

First is innocence. They act without knowing what they do. Why would a child touch fire, if he knows that it burns? This is the natural life humanity lost in the Garden of Eden - not having the practical knowledge of good and bad. We were just created not to be too wise on our own.

Humility and simplicity are other features of a child. A child is naturally humble and simple. A child enters the world naked, and with cry. No wonder, before the Fall, man was joyfully going about without clothes, apart from the "shekinah" of God. Pride and all associated with it came after the Fall. Nakedness (openness) before God is quintessential to be poor in spirit.

Moreover, a child is teachable and dependable. Have you noticed that the best place you can find love and kindness is the circle of children? In addition, the level of receptiveness, especially to the gospel is usually high with the children than among adults. Jesus concludes, 'whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it'. Be poor in spirit.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Oh Lord my God, imbue in me, the mind of Christ, so that I would resemble Christ in all things.
2. Lord, let the ministry to the children be paramount in my heart, and make me committed to the development of both my biological and spiritual children.
3. Those children that are victims of abuses, Lord Jesus, intervene in their matters.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Isaiah 39:8 - 42:2; Colossians 3:8 - 4:4

Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM