The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Thursday 17th October
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

THURSDAY, 17TH OCTOBER.

AVOID WRONG ASSOCIATIONS

Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them (Romans 16:17)

As a Christian, it’s so important that you avoid wrong associations. Keep away from people that try to corrupt your spirit with negativism, because it’s poisonous to your spirit. The Bible says, “…evil communications corrupt good manners” (1 Corinthians 15:33)

Oftentimes, your association could determine whether you’ll be productive or unproductive. You’d consciously have to put away those things or people causing you distractions, to make much progress in life. If you keep company with murmurers and complainers, you’re going to be where they are. So, don’t “sit where they sit”; be different. Be positive and excited about life.

There’re different ways Satan can come into people’s lives to mess things up; he can come through distractions, wrong influences, or wrong associations. It’s therefore important that you protect your spirit from corrupt influences.

Avoid people who peddle rumours, bad news, and only see the negative side of everything. When you separate yourself from distractions, you’re more focused and your fellowship with the Holy Spirit will be enriched. It’s like “refining gold”; removing the leftover impurities after the smelting process, so as to unveil the beauty of the pure gold.

As you identify and eliminate the sources of distractions in your life, your life becomes more inspiring. You become a source of progress and prosperity to others. Praise God!

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the correction and guidance I receive from your Word. By the help of your Spirit, I identify any association that could impede my growth in the things of the Spirit, and I thank you for granting me the courage and confidence to eliminate them, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

1 Corinthians 5:11 AMPC; 1 Corinthians 15:33-34 AMPC; Proverbs 14:7 NIV

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
2 Thessalonians 2:1-17 Jeremiah 1-2

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 6:22-29 2 Kings 3

#AFFIRMATIONTRAIN

17TH OCTOBER.

I affirm that I am an answer from God, and I am going to be the best of me for God. I came at the right time! The Spirit of God has given me an understanding of the Word; He has shown me how to run with patience the race that is set before me.

My spirit is open to correction and I have a teachable heart! My heart is full of joy, love, kindness, and compassion.

I refuse to allow bitterness, anger, or strife to take root in me. I walk in love today and always, confident that no weapon fashioned against me shall prosper.

My gaze is on the Lord Jesus, and my energies are channelled on fulfilling His plans and purpose for my life. I function from a vantage position of rest without struggles, worries, or anxieties over anything. Jesus paid the price for all things;
and now I live a life of glory, grace, favour, and increase.

I refuse to compare myself to anyone else, but measure my success base on my assignment here on earth. I walk by the same principles of faith by which my heavenly Father made the heavens and the earth! Today, by my faith-filled affirmations, I am framing my world, causing spiritual forces and the circumstances of my life to synchronize with God’s perfect will for my life. Blessed be God. Hallelujah.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 17TH OCTOBER 2019

THEME: GIVE CAESAR WHAT BELONGS TO HIM!

MEMORISE:
And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him. Mark 12:17

READ: Romans 13:1-7
1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

There are some characters that portray children of God in a bad light today. For example, some of us want to enjoy the social amenities provided by government but don’t want to pay taxes. Those who manifest such behavior are only trying to reap where they did not sow. Contrary to this, Paul admonishes us in today’s Bible reading to be patriotic enough to pay our taxes and perform other civic responsibilities that are expected of us. Our obedience to civic laws should not be by coercion but voluntary, as unto the Lord. The Holy Spirit describes those who are in authority as ministers of God, looking out for our own good (Romans 13:4). It is therefore surprising that some Christians despise their political leaders through their “holier-than-thou” attitude. Christians who defraud the government by not paying their taxes are no better than the government officials whom they despise for stealing government funds. They will all definitely be judged according to their evil deeds on the last day. A government worker who is expected to put in eight hours of work but does just three and uses the rest for his or her personal activities is as guilty as those who loot the government treasury with the pen. As an employee, do you really work for the expected amount of time for which you are being paid?

What do you understand from what the Lord is saying in today’s memory verse? Many people erroneously think that giving to Caesar what belongs to Caesar means bribing their way into Caesar’s favor. This is not true! Caesar takes receipted tributes, such as taxes, dues and levies and not bribes. When you pay your taxes, God is happy with you because you are contributing to the wellbeing of the community you live in. this does not however exempt you from paying your tithes, offerings and first fruits to God. Caesar does not take tithes and offerings, but he must also not be denied his dues and taxes for the construction of roads, bridges and other social amenities. Notwithstanding, let it not surprise you as I say today that if you pay your tithes and offering but default in paying taxes, you are guilty of reaping where you did not sow when you enjoy social amenities being provided by the government you refuse to pay taxes to. If you are guilty of this, repent today and begin to go the extra mile of giving back to your community through Christian social responsibility (CRS).

PRAYER POINT:
Father, give me all I need to play my role in the society and in Your house, through the payment of my taxes to the government and my tithe and offering to You.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Chronicle 11-13
Revelation 12

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 3: TRUST AND OBEY.

1. When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
o Refrain:
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

2. Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.

3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.

4. But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.

5. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*THE RAIN OF REVIVAL AND THE IGNITION OF FIRE*

17 October, 2019

It is an abomination for your spiritual life to suffer dryness in seasons of revival; any revival that doesn�t affect your spiritual fire is a waste.

SCRIPTURE: Ask ye of the LORD rain in the time of the latter rain; so the LORD shall make bright clouds, and give them showers of rain, to every one grass in the field.

Zachariah 10:1

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It is an abomination for your spiritual life to suffer dryness in seasons of revival; any revival that doesn�t affect your spiritual fire is a waste.

According to our anchor Scripture, rainfall refers to the end time move of the Holy Ghost. It is a quick work that shall be done by the Holy Spirit just before the coming of the Son of Man. Thus, it is critical for every Christian to consciously expose himself to that rainfall. Surrender yourself to the influence of the Holy Spirit. Be connected to the Holy Spirit, so you don�t end up dry in the season of rainfall.

Just as it is an abomination to suffer shortage in the midst of abundance, or to be thirsty around a river; so it is also an aberration for your spiritual life to suffer dryness in seasons of revival. Struggling in your personal prayer life or battling to study the Word of God in the season of revival is an abnormality. In the days of Pentecost (revival), none of the disciples was permitted to exist fireless (Acts 2:3). The rain of revival triggers spiritual fervency and intensity in the lives of the saints. The rain of revival ignites spiritual fire and revolution.

Beloved, any revival that doesn�t affect your spiritual fire is a waste.
My counsel is, be connected to the frequency of the Holy Spirit at all times because the Holy Spirit is the channel for revival.

Today, I prophesy the release of the dew and rain of heaven over your life and destiny. The last time you suffered spiritual dryness and kwashiorkor is the last forever, in Jesus� Name.
REMEMBER THIS: It is an abomination for your spiritual life to suffer dryness in seasons of revival; any revival that doesn�t affect your spiritual fire is a waste.

ASSIGNMENT:

1. Never take seasons of revival for granted.
2. Connect to the frequency of the Holy Spirit at all times.
3. Consciously intercede consistently for the rain of revival in your location or for your generation
PRAYER: Lord, I make demands on the rain of revival in my life, in the body of Christ and in my generation. Let there be the escalation of the activities of the Holy Ghost in this season, Lord, in Jesus� Name.

QUOTE: When proof is lacking, it is as if God has called or sent you out to kill you. Culled from Making Full Proof of Ministry by Dr Paul Enenche.
AMAZING FACT: Bumblebee bats are the world's smallest mammals.
DAILY READING: Jer. 30: 1 to 31:26, 1 Tim 2:1 to 15, Ps 87:1 to 7, Prov. 25:18 to 19
FOR FUTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: All Flesh is Grass.
DON'T FORGET TO ATTEND: This Friday's Vigil - FREE INDEED(2). It is a night of freedom from financial captivity. Invite friends and loved ones. God bless you as you do so.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: Your dry days are over. Dry season is over in your life. Rainy season is here in Jesus� Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: THURSDAY 17TH OCTOBER, 2019*

*TOPIC: GATHER THEIR BROKEN PIECES!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURES: 1JOHN 4:4-12; 1CORINTHIANS 13:13*

Many historians believe that central to the rise of Christianity was the simple fact that Christians generously loved each other and their neighbours. They point out that in the ancient world, mercy was widely seen as a character defect that ran counter to justice. Justice demanded that people get what they deserved and was seen as appropriate, whereas mercy extended grace, love and kindness to people who had done nothing to deserve it. Yet the Christians valued mercy! Christian communities became places where people tended to live longer and healthier lives, for when they suffered from sickness, poverty or mishap they had brothers and sisters in Christ who provided for their needs.

And Christians extended love way beyond the boundaries of family and congregation to their pagan neighbours. 1John 4:7-8 says “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.” Did you get that? 

*WHOEVER DOES NOT LOVE DOES NOT KNOW GOD!* Wow! I love this BLUNT BOOK – THE BIBLE! It’s acidic and yet edifying! Hear it again – *WHOEVER DOES NOT LOVE DOES NOT KNOW GOD!* So, no matter your position in church and no matter how many spiritual gifts you manifest, if you don’t walk in line with 1Corinthians 13 bullets, then YOU DON’T KNOW GOD! It means you are going to hell and your salvation is suspicious!* Oh God! This is serious! No wonder 1Corinthians 13:13 says: “And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”

Hear Vera Nazarian in “The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration” as quoted: “A fine glass vase goes from treasure to trash, the moment it is broken. Fortunately, something else happens to you and me. Pick up your pieces. Then help me gather mine.” Yes! *HELP OTHERS GATHER THEIR BROKEN LIFE PIECES!* I remember *Jack Welch: 

“Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.”* Close with *Maya Angelou:* “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” May your life and ministry be described daily as THE LOVE EMPIRE!

*The Lagos Ogudu Anointing Service is next week Saturday October 26th; TIME: 8am – 11:30am. Theme: “THIS LAZARUS MUST RISE AGAIN” Satan will regret!!!*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take Song 1: Higher Ground…
1. Thank God for today’s word and pray as you are led.
2. LORD, use me to help others to gather the broken pieces of their lives in Jesus name.
3. Lord, as I help others and walk in live, I shall not lack helpers and I shall not lack the oil of comfort in Jesus name.
4. As I love others sacrificially and show kindness, I call forth destiny helpers into every area of my life and ministry in Jesus name *(Pray it seriously).*
5. Pray about today seriously, and any other prayer(s) as led.

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: MATTHEW 12-15*
*BY BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/WRITER OF ODM_

*Song 1: I’m Pressing On The Upward Way.*

1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”

*Refrain:*

Lord, lift me up, and let me stand
By faith on Canaan’s tableland;
A higher plane than I have found,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

2. My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.

3. I want to live above the world,
Though Satan’s darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught the joyful sound,
The song of saints on higher ground.

4. I want to scale the utmost height
And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I’ll pray till rest I’ve found,
“Lord, lead me on to higher ground.
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH

THE LIVING WATER {July ~ Dec., 2019}

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Thursday, October 17, 2019

- International Day for the Eradication of Poverty

TOPIC: THE GOSPEL OF BLESSINGS

Read Genesis 13:1-4

1. And Abram went up out of Egypt, he, and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with him, into the south.
2. And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.
3. And he went on his journeys from the south even to Bethel, unto the place where his tent had been at the beginning, between Bethel and Hai;
4. Unto the place of the altar, which he had make there at the first: and there Abram called on the name of the Lord.
MEMORISE: Abram was very rich in livestock, in silver, and in gold (Genesis 13:2)

EXPOSITION

Who can stand poverty on earth? Who can enjoy the pains and sorrows attached to poverty? Who has ever been in fasting and prayers for a minute and said, "Lord, I want to be poor". No one has prayed this prayer in the history of man, because poverty is full of sighs and sorrows. Certain levels of poverty can stain your Christian testimonies, unless there is divine intervention. Poverty is an affliction from Satan, targeting your salvation, so that you can deny your God and Jesus Christ, your Saviour.

The problems attached to poverty are many, and people who suffer from its grip look for ways to get out of it.

Years back, people had been praying for blessings and prosperity from God, because of the comforts and rest of mind and body attached to them (Deut. 8:18). God can teach you how to get out of poverty and reign in blessings without losing your salvation. Your generation will praise your God, when you are blessed, and are not in poverty. No one will praise God for your poverty. Therefore, position yourself for the blessings of God, today. Poverty has no honour, but shame.

God blessed Abraham (Gen. 12:3; 13:2). He blessed Isaac (Gen. 26:12-14, 22-24). He blessed Jacob (Gen. 31:16). He blessed Jabez (1 Chr. 4:9-10). He blessed the Widow of Zarephath (1 Kgs. 17:9-16). He blessed the widow in abject poverty and debt (2 Kgs. 4:1-7). He blessed the Shunammite woman and her family (2 Kgs. 4:8-17). He can also bless your spouse, so that there will no longer be any quarrel in the family. He can bless your womb, so that they will no longer call you witch. There are financial blessings for someone today. Claim this for yourself.

PRAYER POINTS
1. Father, I reject the spirit of poverty in my destiny and family.
2. I accept Your blessing, O Lord Jesus; bless me indeed, beyond reproach.
3. Pray that God should bring another period of prosperity to this nation, and give us selfless leaders, like Joseph, who would preserve the prosperity for a very long time.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Isaiah 37:5 - 39:7; Colossians 2:9 - 3:7
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM