The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Wednesday 16th October
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

WEDNESDAY, 16TH OCTOBER.

REFUSE TO BE OFFENDED

A man’s wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense (Proverbs 19:11 NIV).

Every day, we’re presented with opportunities to be offended. Offences will come, according to the Bible. People will do things that may hurt or offend you, but it’s entirely up to you to decide whether or not to be offended.

In Mark 7, the Syrophenician woman whose young daughter had an unclean spirit could have been offended at Jesus’ statement. She had cried after the Master for help, and in their ensuing dialogue, Jesus said, “Woman, it’s not right for us to give the children’s bread to dogs” (Mark 7:27).

The woman could have said, “How could He call me a dog, just because I’m asking him for help? Is this how He talks to people?” But no; she was smarter than that. In a remarkable display of humility, she replied, “...Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children’s crumbs” (Mark 7:28). Consequently, she got her miracle!

Why wasn’t she offended by the Master’s statement? She had the heart of a true worshipper! As a true worshipper, you don’t care what anyone calls you, says to you or about you; you don’t care how anyone treats you. All that matters to you is your love for the Lord and your desire to please Him.

Always remember that it’s to your glory to overlook an offence. Don’t say, “I can’t take that insult for any reason!” You’ve been decorated with honour and kingdom dignity; no one, and nothing, can dishonour you.

This was the Apostle Paul’s understanding when he said, “For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities…” (2 Corinthians 12:10 ESV). Glory to God!

CONFESSION

Loving heavenly Father, thank you for the counsel in your Word. I submit myself wholly to your Word, to walk in your righteousness always, showing forth your divine virtues in me. You’ve decorated me with honour and kingdom dignity, and my heart is full of love and humility. Continually, your character and personality are revealed in and through me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

1 Corinthians 6:7 AMPC; Proverbs 12:16 ESV; 1 Peter 5:6

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
2 Thessalonians 1:1-12; Isaiah 64-66

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 6:15-21; 2 Kings 1-2

#TALKINGSESSION

16TH OCTOBER.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for ushering me into a life that is beyond the ordinary plane of natural perception. Thank You for the privilege of prayer and the tremendous blessings and impact it brings to my spirit.

My spirit, through fellowship with You is conditioned to know and walk in Your perfect will, and manifest excellence always.

I am strengthened by the Spirit through the Word today as I speak in other tongues; I am built up from within like an edifice, charged with divine fire-power! My spirit is receptive and open to receive from Your Word. Through Your Word, and by Your Spirit, I culture my tongue to speak only faith-filled words! No unwholesome communication is allowed to proceed from my mouth.

I speak only life-giving words that are consistent with Your plans and purposes for my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONA

DATE: WEDNESDAY 16TH OCTOBER 2019

THEME: HOW COMPLETE IS YOUR RESTORATION.

MEMORISE:
For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after. Jeremiah 30:17

READ: 2 Samuel 19:11-15

11 And king David sent to Zadok and to Abiathar the priests, saying, Speak unto the elders of Judah, saying, Why are ye the last to bring the king back to his house? seeing the speech of all Israel is come to the king, even to his house.

12 Ye are my brethren, ye are my bones and my flesh: wherefore then are ye the last to bring back the king?

13 And say ye to Amasa, Art thou not of my bone, and of my flesh? God do so to me, and more also, if thou be not captain of the host before me continually in the room of Joab.

14 And he bowed the heart of all the men of Judah, even as the heart of one man; so that they sent this word unto the king, Return thou, and all thy servants.

15 So the king returned, and came to Jordan. And Judah came to Gilgal, to go to meet the king, to conduct the king over Jordan.

God’s desire is to completely restore all those who apply His principles of restoration to any aspect of their life wherein they suffer loss. The degree of restoration a person experiences depends on their level of adherence to the details of these principles.

For example, Samson only experience partial restoration because that was what he asked for. He prayed to God in Judges 16:28, saying:
“O Lord God, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.”

Sadly, he died with his enemies. You will not die with your enemies in Jesus’ Name. in contrast to Samson, Naaman experience total restoration. Speaking on how God restored wholesomeness to him, 2 Kings 5:14 says:

“ Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.”

Naaman’s example is a model for those who want their restoration to be compete. The first thing to note about his restoration in 2 Kings 5:14 is that he went down before restored. We must get off our high horse of self-importance if we desire complete restoration after suffering any form of loss.

The next thing to consider is that Naaman dipped himself seven times according to the instruction of God’s prophet, not five or six time. In other words, our obedience must be complete as we wash in the Blood of the Lamb. We must forget our self-righteousness if we want to experience complete restoration spiritually or physically.

Many Christians who fall from grace are never completely restored because they did not thoroughly confess or restitute their ways completely, some have been caught in extra-marital affairs that produced children out of wedlock, and under the pretext of taking care of the children produced by such illicit relationships, they still involve themselves in semi-polygamous lifestyles with their mistresses.

There is no way such Christians can be fully restored, and as a matter of fact, they are gambling with eternity in hell. Some so-called children of God are even still riding cars they stole before their new birth! They have not completely repented of their old ways and therefore cannot experience the restoration described in today’s memory verse, like David did in our Bible reading.

Beloved, you can also be totally restored if you completely return to God. Your health that is failing because of your extra-marital wandering will return if you dismiss all your concubines and other strange women in your life. Have you fully restituted your ways?

PRAYER POINT:
Father, I believe in the possibility of complete restoration; please restore me to wholeness in all areas of life today in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Chronicle 9-10
Revelation 11

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 8: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE.

1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*TOPIC: RISING ABOVE YOUR MESS*

16 October, 2019

It doesn�t matter how much you have messed up and missed it, you can still make it if you mean it; nothing mesmerizes your mess like the mercy of God.

SCRIPTURE: It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. Lamentations 3:22

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It doesn�t matter how much you have messed up and missed it, you can still make it if you mean it; nothing mesmerizes your mess like the mercy of God.

It is established that human beings are bound to make mistakes at one point or the other in life. For as long as you are in the flesh, failing or making mistake can be unavoidable especially before encountering Jesus Christ.

The truth is, there is no perfect man, and there is no perfect woman on earth (Ecclesiastics 7:20). Everyone on earth is striving towards perfection until we meet with Jesus Christ face-to-face.

Nevertheless, that no one is perfect on earth is never a license for careless living because careless living can ruin your life and destiny. The crux of the matter is, don�t kill yourself because you made a mistake in the past; don�t end your life because you messed up in the past. Determine to rise again.

Get this: it doesn�t matter how much you have messed up and missed it, you can still make it if you mean it; no matter how far you have gone in the wrong direction, a U-turn is possible. Don�t cry over spilt milk; don�t lament what you cannot amend. If it is not amendable, it is not lamentable. Rise up and move on!
My counsel is, apply for the mercy of God to wipe off your mess. Nothing mesmerizes your mess like the mercy of God. (Hebrews 4:16)

It is a new day for you, in Jesus� Name.
REMEMBER THIS: It doesn�t matter how much you have messed up and missed it, you can still make it if you mean it; nothing mesmerizes your mess like His mercy.

ASSIGNMENT:

1. Consciously make the decision never to allow your past mistakes to keep you on the floor.
2. Ask God for His mercy to wipe away your mess and mistakes.
3. Determine not to repeat or make those mistakes again.

PRAYER: Lord, I receive Your mercy and forgiveness from my past errors and mistakes. My past mistake(s) can never keep me on the ground. I arise by the mercy of God to take my place in life and in destiny, Lord, in Jesus� Name.

QUOTE: If you fall make sure you land on your back because if you can look up, you will get up. Culled from 365 Wisdom Capsules by Dr Paul Enenche
AMAZING FACT: Gentoo penguin is the fastest swimming bird in the world.

TODAY IN HISTORY: 16/10/1964 � China became world's 5th nuclear power.

DAILY READING:Jer. 28: 1 to 29: 32, 1Tim. 1:1 to 20 Ps 86:1 to 17, Prov. 25: 17

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING GET THIS MESSAGE: Readiness for Eternity.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: I decree your rise above every messy situation of your life today in the Name of Jesus Christ. It�s a new day.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: WEDNESDAY 16TH OCTOBER, 2019*

*TOPIC: HE MEETS YOUR NEEDS! NOT YOUR GREED!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: PHILIPPIANS 4:1-10*

_“My God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus”_ *(Philippians 4:19 NIV).* One of our biggest worries tends to be about our ability to provide for our needs. But it shouldn’t be! The Bible says, _“My God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus”_ (Philippians 4:19 NIV). What a joyful promise for those who are in Christ. *God doesn’t promise to meet all our greed; GREED IN NOT A NEED! Did you get that? He doesn’t promise a Rolls Royce or an unnecessary mansion. God is not a genie in a bottle, but He does promise to meet all of our needs! Most of us don’t really get this, so we don’t pray for it.

One of my favourite verses in the Bible is Psalm 84:11: _“The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right”_ (NLT). Take note of these three words: *_NO GOOD THING.* When my kids were growing up, I wanted to give them good things. I wouldn’t withhold anything good from them. I might withhold something bad from them – something that will cause them to be stunted in their spiritual, physical, or emotional growth. 

But I’m not going to withhold anything good from them. If I want that as a dad, how much more does a Heavenly Father who is perfect want to do likewise? God solved your biggest problem when He came to Earth and died for you. If He was willing to do that, don’t you think He cares about the other issues you’re dealing with?

Absolutely! *HE CARES ABOUT YOUR CARES!* He cares about your finances! He cares about your health! He cares about your career! He cares about you! Also take note of these words: *“MY GOD WILL MEET or SUPPLY…”* It did not say your FRIENDS, BROTHERS, SISTERS, SPOUSE, 

GOVERNMENT or even PARENTS will meet all your needs. So stop looking at others or getting disappointed when THEY FAIL TO HELP YOU because God may decide to change His SUPPLY ROUTE! Remember Madam Elizabeth Elliot: *“By trying to grab fulfilment EVERYWHERE, we find it NOWHERE.”* So, as 2019 ends gradually and 2020 begins, determine to FOCUS on God and God alone as your CHIEF SUPPLIER! *HE CARES ABOUT YOUR CARES!* Look up!

*Follow me daily on my Instagram handles: ourdailymanna_bishopchris, my facebook page: bishopchris kwakpovwe@odm and my personal twitter: ODM_DrChris*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take any song of gratitude as led.
1. Thank the LORD for His care now! Worship Him now.
2. Repent from ways in which you have looked at men or women as your source in the past!
3. I repent from pursuing MY GREED! Lord, purge me day by day.
4. Lord, choose how You will meet MY NEEDS! I refuse to FOCUS on, or get angry with anybody in Jesus name.
5. Scatter every end-of-year arrow of anxiety, WORRY and PANIC!
6. Loose and end of year special testimony! Pray about today now!
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: MATTHEW 8-1*
*BY: DR. GODSWILL OBIOMA (DGI)* &
*BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOV
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH

THE LIVING WATER {July ~ Dec., 2019}

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Wednesday, October 16, 2019
- World Food Day

TOPIC: ARISE AND EAT!
Read 1 Kings 19:1-10

1. And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and withal how he had slain all the prophets with the sword.
2. Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I make not thy life as the life of one of them by to morrow about this time.
3. And when he saw that, he arose, and went for his life, and came to Beersheba, which belongeth to Judah, and left his servant there.
4. But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.
5. And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him, and said unto him, Arise and eat.
6. And he looked, and, behold, there was a cake baken on the coals, and a cruse of water at his head. And he did eat and drink, and laid him down again.
7. And the angel of the Lord came again the second time, and touched him, and said, Arise and eat; because the journey is too great for thee.
8. And he arose, and did eat and drink, and went in the strength of that meat forty days and forty nights unto Horeb the mount of God.
9. And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the Lord came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah?
10. And he said, I have been very jealous for the Lord God of hosts: for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.
MEMORISE: And the angel of the Lord came back the second time, and touched him, and said, "Arise and eat, because the journey is too great for you" (1 Kings 19:7)

EXPOSITION

16th of October every year, Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) observes the World Food Day. As this is done today, let us see how God positively used food to deliver a man from being downcast. The man is Elijah, the man who became discouraged, weary and afraid just after he broke a great revival record in his ministry. His expectation that the revival would start from the royal family of Ahab didn't work out. Instead, he received threat to his life from Queen Jezebel.

Elijah, being 'a man with a nature like ours' (cf. Jas. 5:17), was disappointed at, and discouraged by Jezebel's threat. He became afraid and ran for his dear life. There in the desert, dejected, he sat down and prayed. (1 Kgs. 19:4). Disappointment is part of life's experiences that we should prepare for everyday. We become disappointed, when our expectations seem not met. Don't be discouraged, when you are disappointed; only God never disappoints (Num. 23:19).

Elijah became weary and worn out. Two times God sent His angel to strengthen him for the long journey that was ahead of him (1 Kgs. 19:7). God still had great things to do through him, hence the divine endowment and enablement, but he was overcome by the discouragement around him (vv. 9,10). It is likely this made God to terminate his ministry, replacing him with Elisha (vv. 16,18).
What then? Know that no matter what you are passing through, God won't leave you alone. So, never lose hope in times of trouble (Psa. 46:1). When it seems there is no hope, do not be hopeless. God is by your side.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord, give me the capacity to control life situations with Your Word of hope.
2. Whatever Satan uses to weigh me down, I shake them off, now, in Jesus' name.
3. Pray for divine enablement and support for all missionaries who are depressed because of difficult situations on the mission field.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Isaiah 33:15 - 37:4; Colossians 1:16 - 2:8
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM