The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Wednesday 9th October
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

WEDNESDAY, 9TH OCTOBER.

A GOSPEL OF LIFE AND RIGHTEOUSNESS

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith… (Romans 1:16-17)

From our opening scripture, we observe that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the power of God to bring sinners out of sin, into the life of righteousness. His righteousness is revealed in the Gospel.

Therefore, there’s no other way for man to be ushered into, learn about, receive, or understand the righteousness of God outside the Gospel.

Thus, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the Gospel of righteousness. What is righteousness? It’s the nature of God, which you received at the New Birth, and it’s one of the cardinal gifts of God (Romans 5:17). Furthermore, the Bible tells us that through the Gospel, life and immortality have been brought to light (2 Timothy 1:10). What kind of life is it referring to? It’s eternal life, the God-life.

1 John 5:11-12 says, “…and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life….” This transcendent life, with the gift of righteousness, was imparted to you in Christ, through the Gospel. According to the Scriptures, you’ve passed from death to life, from mortality into immortality, from age into agelessness. How profound this is!

Eternal life is the life with agelessness. Age makes the body grow old, weak and die. But because of eternal life, your strength is renewed day by day; you’re growing, but not ageing. It’s part of the glorious impact and blessings of the life of Christ in you. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

I’m the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and I have the life of God in me. My spirit, soul and body are vitalized through and through by the power and effect of righteousness and the fullness of the God-life that I’ve received through the Gospel. I’m walking in the reality of my divine heritage in Christ, conscious of His grace and awesome presence in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

1 John 5:11-12 NIV; Romans 1:16-17 NKJV; John 3:36
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Colossians 2:6-23; Isaiah 48-49

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 4:43-54; 1 Kings 15

#TALKINGSESSION

9TH OCTOBER.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for the revelation of Your Word to me; my life is improved! I am a partaker of the divine nature. I live in the fullness of the blessings of the Gospel of Christ.

I am joined to the Lord and that makes me impregnable and more than a conqueror. I am a victor for life, for You've granted me the grace to reign in life and live for Your glory. Hallelujah! Righteousness and goodness are the hallmarks of my life; therefore, I do righteousness and walk in Your perfect will today, and always.

I am gracious and kind, even as You are gracious and kind. I esteem my brothers and sisters in Christ highly, because the love of Christ in me compels me to do so. The kindness of the Spirit of God is seen in my communication, attitude, and character. My life is fruitful and productive, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: WEDNESDAY 9TH OCTOBER 2019

THEME: DON’T BURY THEM YET!

MEMORISE:

Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Galatians 6:1

READ: John 8:1-11

1Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.

2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

There are many unpleasant prophesies about people’s attitude and character in the end times, which are bound to be fulfilled. It is the responsibility of every believer living in times as these to avoid the fulfilment of such prophecies in their lives. One of such properties is the abhorrent act of brother giving up brother to death and children rising up against their parents. The prophesies was given by the Lord in Matthew 10:21, which says:

“And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.”

Unfortunately, this is happening in the Body of Christ today. He then further said in Matthew 18:7
“ Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!”

Even though these prophesies of the Lord are bound to be fulfilled, do not allow them to be fulfilled in your life through your conduct and interpersonal relationship with the brethren. When an individual gives his life to Christ genuinely, he or she becomes a member of God’s family (john 1:12). All other believers in Christ become his or her brothers and sisters. In such a big and complex family, disagreements are bound to arise. A brother or sister may err and fall, but this should not be the end of their Christian journey. It is the responsibility of other members of the family to ensure that such precious souls and brought back to their feet in right standing with God.

Unfortunately, in these last days, instead of looking out to stabilize the weak and restore the fallen, some so-called brethren sit in judgement against other brethren. Some of them even mastermind the fall of fellow brethren, thereby fulfilling the Lord’s prophesies. Some other brethren do not cause the fall of others but watch out for faults in their lives in order to crucify them. Contrary to this attitude, the Holy Spirit admonishes us in today’s memory verse to work with every sense of humility towards restoring brethren who have fallen, understanding that we ourselves can be tempted and taken in our weaknesses. There are indeed modern-day Pharisees in the Church today. It is sad that brethren bury other brethren who are in spirit coma, instead of working to revive them of life. We must be like our Master who said in Luke 9:56a:

“For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.”

The Lord is speaking to those who have constituted themselves as accusers of other brethren to repent today. Are you one of such?

ACTION POINT:

With the help of the Holy Spirit, make efforts to restore those who have erred and have fallen into sin.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicle 21-22

Revelation 4

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 5: LET OTHERS SEE JESUS IN YOU

While passing thro' this world of sin,
and others your life shall view,
Be clean and pure without, within;
Let others see Jesus in you.

Refrain:
Let others see Jesus in you,
Keep telling the story, be faithful and true;

2. Your life's a book before their eyes,
They're reading it thro' and thro'
Say, does it point them to the skis,
Do others see Jesus in you?

Refrain

3. Then live for Christ both day and night,
Be faithful, be brave and true,
and lead the lost to life and Christ.

Refrain
*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*IMITATION � THE LIMITATION OF DESTINY*

09 October, 2019

Imitation is the foundation for limitation; to be the best, you must be yourself.

SCRIPTURE: Beloved, do not imitate what is evil, but what is good The one who does good is of God; the one who does evil has not seen God.
3 John 1:11

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Imitation is the foundation for limitation; to be the best, you must be yourself.

Imitation is the copying of a pattern of activity or thought of a person.

From our anchor Scripture above, it is clear that there is an imitation that is good, void of offence and free of competitive jealousy. On the contrary, there is an imitation that is bad. This type of imitation tries to outdo, undo and outshine others. It is potent with competitive jealousy and strife.

The truth is, imitation is the foundation for limitation; the struggle to be like somebody is the reason for nobodies. Nothing brings out the best in you like being yourself. To be the best, you must be yourself; to be yourself is to beat the rest.

Beloved, the fact that your neighbour is flourishing in kerosene business or real estate business does not mean God destined you to do same. That your neighbour relocated abroad and he is now doing well does not mean your destiny is to live abroad. 

Most people run to America thinking that once they get there, all their problems would be over. On the contrary, the problems of some of them even worsened.

The truth is, help is not abroad; help is above. Your allocation is not necessarily abroad; your allocation is connected to where God wants you to be per time. If God did not send you to Germany and you relocate there, you must jam needs there. If God did not send you to England and you relocate there, you won�t be glad there. And if God didn�t send you to Russia and you go there, you must rush back.

My counsel is, locate your God-ordained spot and remain there. You shall make it, in Jesus� Name.
REMEMBER THIS: Imitation is the foundation for limitation; to be the best, you must be yourself.

ASSIGNMENT(S)

1. Determine to be who God plans for you to be.
2. You can humbly follow the good examples of others but never follow anybody in the wrong direction no matter who they are.
3. Desire and strive to be like Jesus Christ ultimately.

PRAYER: Lord, I thank You for Your Word to me today. Deliver me from the lifestyle of imitation and the struggle to be like everyone. Help me to be myself and to be the best in life Lord, in Jesus� Name

QUOTE: Imitation is the foundation for limitation; to follow the crowd is to be lost in the crowd. Culled from 365 Wisdom Capsule by Dr Paul Enenche
AMAZING FACT: A Rhino's horn is not attached to its skull; it is compacted mass of hairs that continue to grow throughout the animal's lifetime.
TODAY IN HISTORY:9/10/1824 Slavery is abolished in Costa Rica

DAILY READING: Jer. 12: 1to 14: 10, 1Thes 1: to 2:8, Ps. 79:1 to 13, Prov. 24:30 to 34
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING GET THIS MESSAGE: Where are you standing?
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: The grace to be who God ordained for you to be in life is released upon you now in Jesus� Name

DON'T FORGET TO ATTEND: This Friday's Worship, Word and Wonders Night by 9:30pm. THEME- Free Indeed (Freedom from foundational and ancestral curses) at the Glory Dome, The Lord's Garden, Airport Road Abuja, Nigeria.
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: WEDNESDAY 9TH OCTOBER, 2019*

*TOPIC: REPAIR YOUR ALTAR!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURES: LUKE 18:1-8; JAMES 5:10-18*

Welcome! What bullets are in the gun of a soldier, prayer is in the life of a believer. You cannot afford to live your life without learning to pray Effectual Fervent Prayer (EFP) – today’s scriptures. Elijah prayed this kind of prayer and the heavens were closed for forty-two months. And then he prayed again and rain poured down abundantly upon God’s people. 

*But note that in 1Kings 18, before he could pray, followed by the undeniable result of FIRE FROM HEAVEN, he had to REPAIR THE BROKEN ALTAR! Ah! It was a repaired ALTAR that DISGRACED THE EVIL PROPHETS OF BAAL! Until your altar is repaired, DISGRACE will be your name!*

Abraham prayed this and the wombs of the women of king Abimelech were opened (See Genesis 20:9-18). Hezekiah prayed this prayer and God added fifteen extra years to his life (see 2Kings 20:1-6). Hear the words of Jesus again in Vs. 1 of our 1st scripture, “Men ought always to pray and not to faint.” Refuse to FAINT NOW! John Piper said, *“Until you know that life is war you cannot know what prayer is for.”* This war called “LIFE” is a war that you can only win by effectual fervent prayers *(EFP).* Hear E.M. Bounds, *“God shapes the world by prayer. The more praying there is in the world, the better the world will be, the mightier the forces against evil.”*

If you are not satisfied with the SHAPE that your life, family and ministry is in today, CHANGE IT USING THE MIGHTY TOOL OF PRAYER. Even if you are happy with your progress, you can only SUSTAIN that progress through UNDILUTED PRAYER FIRE! As 2019 ends, resist discouragement! Yes! You may have fasted and prayed a lot this year, but REFUSE TO SLOW DOWN NOW! You might even be a prayer warrior, but the LORD is saying: “MORE PRAYER FIRE AHEAD! MORE TIME ALONE WITH ME! MORE PRAYER BULLETS TO BE SHOT!” Repair your BROKEN ALTAR again! I see FIRE FALLING again as in the days of OLD in Jesus name! declare 3 days fasting for REVIVAL!

*It takes a year to prepare for the January World anointing night; let God use you! People’s testimonies from that night, shall provoke your own. Sow your World anointing Night seed to: MANNA MIRACLE MOUNTAIN MINISTRY (JWAN) UBA ACCOUNT NUMBER: 1015310823 or any account on page 29 of ODM.*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take your best song of worship now.
1. Pray now and thank God for His Word today!
2. Holy Ghost, REVIVE ME! Revive and REPAIR my PRAYER ALTAR again in Jesus name *(Pray seriously).*
3. Every weakness that has crept into my life as a result of prayerlessness, be reversed NOW! Spirit of weariness, loose me NOW in Jesus name *(Pray for 3 days).*

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: HAGGAI 1-2*
*BY BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/WRITER OF ODM_
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH

THE LIVING WATER {July ~ Dec., 2019}

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Wednesday, October 9, 2019
- Yom Kippur

TOPIC: SACRIFICIAL LOVE
Read 1 Samuel 18:1-4

1. And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.
2. And Saul took him that day, and would let him go no more home to his father's house.
3. Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.
4. And Jonathan stripped himself of the robe that was upon him, and gave it to David, and his garments, even to his sword, and to his bow, and to his girdle.

MEMORISE: Now David said, "Is there still anyone who is left of the house of Saul, that I may show him kindness for Jonathan's sake?" (2 Samuel 9:1)

EXPOSITION

Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement) is the holiest day of the year in Judaism, usually observed with about 25-hour period of fasting and intensive prayer, often in synagogue services. Its central themes are atonement and repentance. Christ is the real fulfilment of the Day of Atonement. His wonderful sacrifice is worth emulating. Sacrificial love entails strong feeling of affection and concern towards another person, arising from kinship or close friendship. This can also be described as a kind of love which talks about self-sacrificing. It has to do with pure motivation to alleviate the sufferings of others.

David and Jonathan had strong personal and intimate friendship - sacrificial love (cf. 1 Jn. 3:18). They both had selfless, genuine mutual love that was characterised by giving, just as Jesus Christ gave, emptied Himself to enrich us (2 Cor. 8:9). The friendship between the duo was also characterised by supplication, honesty and modesty. It was void of hatred and jealousy, and as such, filled with kindness and obligation (2 Sam. 9:1ff).

God is not expecting anything less from us, in our relationships. God expects His children to give their all, in form of time, money, prayer, compassion, godly and timely counsels, etc. to fellow brethren. Apostle Paul in 1 Cor. 13:2 harped on true love to God and fellow humans, without which the most glorious gifts we possess will amount to nothing, of no esteem in the sight of God.

Brethren, it is high time we added this virtue, 'sacrificial love', to our service to others. If you have an open hand without a liberal and charitable heart, it amounts to nothing. Jesus sacrificed His all for all of us. Should we do anything less?

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord, let true love reign in our lives, so that we can in turn, extend it to others
2. Help those who are suffering, O Lord; arise to their aids, now, and relieve them of all their pains.
3. Restore Your Church to her original love for You, in which the saints sacrificed their lives for the sake of Your gospel.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Isaiah 10:3 - 13:9; Ephesians 5:23 - 6:11
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM