Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police arrest herdsman with Ak-47 rifle, pistol in Bauchi

Police arrest herdsman with Ak-47 rifle, pistol in Bauchi

[Image: Police.jpeg]

A suspected Fulani herdsman, Sadiq Mohammed, has been arrested by police in Bauchi State with an AK-47 rifle and a pistol during the weekend.
He, however, claimed he was using them to protect himself.

Mohammed, who spoke to reporters while being paraded at the Police Headquarters in Bauchi, said the guns were not his.
The father of two said, “I have had these guns for 11 years. I have got them since I was in Plateau State. The man who first bought this gun is dead.
“He was killed, so I took it. I have never killed any person with these guns but I’ve been using them to protect myself and my cows from people who may want to attack me and steal my animals.

“Any time I take my cows to Plateau State, I use the guns to protect myself while moving with them.”
The suspect said he and his colleagues were losing their cows to rustlers, hence he opted for guns to protect himself and his animals.
“I have never killed any person with these guns but I’ve been using them to protect myself and my cows from people who may want to attack me and steal my animals.

“Any time I take my cows to Plateau State, I use the guns to protect myself while moving with them.”
The suspect said he and his colleagues were losing their cows to rustlers, hence he opted for guns to protect himself and his animals.
“I know that carrying a gun without a licence is an offence, but because of the way things are in our place that is why I rear my cows with the gun. So long as I am with my cows, I don’t put my gun away, I am always with it even if I am sleeping. I keep it beside me. I hold it in broad daylight boldly like the police hold their rifles when I am with the cows and nobody has ever stopped me.”

[Image: Daily_Post_Logo_Transparent_200x30-1.png]
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20 people crushed to death by trailer being chased by the police in Yola Edoman 0 8 11-12-2019, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Edoman
  Lagos police release list of six captured cultists who killed Fashola (Photo) Edoman 0 9 11-11-2019, 07:18 AM
  Police officer allegedly kills man at a wedding ceremony attended by the state govern Edoman 0 11 11-09-2019, 08:28 PM
  29 people killed in fresh outbreak of yellow fever in Bauchi State Edoman 0 13 11-08-2019, 09:49 AM
  Kogi University Cult Killings: Police recover body of 200 level student shot dead at Edoman 0 14 11-07-2019, 08:46 PM
  Italian: Notorious Kidnapper Justice Amadi Wanted By Rivers Police Edoman 0 20 11-02-2019, 06:12 PM
  Border security arrest two Nigerian nationals while trying to enter India illegally ( Edoman 0 22 10-31-2019, 11:37 PM
  Police confirm release of Catholic priest, Fr. Madu 72-hours after he was abducted Edoman 0 20 10-31-2019, 10:25 AM