The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Saturday 5th October
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

SATURDAY, 5TH OCTOBER.

WORDS ARE “THINGS”

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24).

Things” in the scripture above is translated from the Greek word “logos,” which is translated “word” in John 1:1: “In the beginning was the Word….” In the verses preceding our theme verse, there had been prophetic “words” about the fierce persecutions the Apostle Paul would face in Jerusalem. In spite of everything that had been said, Paul submitted, “None of these things move me....” He referred to the words that had been spoken as “things.”….”

He could have as well said, “None of these words move me.” That’s because in the Kingdom of God, words are things; they’re like spiritual particles; spiritual substance, and have spiritual tangibility. Every word that comes out of your mouth is a “thing” that’ll never be destroyed, because it’s of spiritual origin. When it goes out of you, it represents you everywhere. The only thing that can destroy and render it powerless is another word from you.

Jesus said, “Any word that you speak that’s useless, you’ll give account of it in the day of judgement” (Matthew 12:36). That tells you the power and importance of words; they’re of spiritual value. How you form and use them is your responsibility for which you’ll give account.

So, as a child of God, your life is really up to you. You create your situation, either good or bad. If you know that the last ten years haven’t been as beautiful as God would have them, you can change things now, and recreate your next ten years to be what God has destined for you.

It makes no difference what your struggles in life have been; you can recreate your world, by your words. Jesus said you shall have what you say (Mark 11:23). That’s where your life, and the power to shape it aright is—words! Speak the right words (God’s Word) about your life and situation.

CONFESSION

The Word of God is in my heart and in my mouth, even the word of truth which I’ve received. My words are potent, bringing forth victories, increase, promotion and abundance for me. My life is the testimony of God’s grace, glory and excellence. Praise God!

FURTHER STUDY
Joshua 1:8;
Romans 10:8;
Proverbs 6:2

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Philippians 3:12-4:1-3; Isaiah 40-41

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 4:1-9; 1 Kings 10-11

#TALKINGSESSION

5TH OCTOBER.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your Spirit is alive in me. Every thing in me is under the influence of the Holy Ghost; thus, I am making progress, far ahead of my competitors, detractors and adversaries.

I am guided by Your Spirit, who also has beautified my life and made me the testimony of Your righteousness and grace. I am an offspring of the Word and my profiting through the Word is undeniable! Today and always, I go out with joy and I'm led forth with peace; the mountains and the hills break forth before me in singing and all the trees of the field clap their hands. Hallelujah!

I win everyday by Your Spirit that is at work in me. I am a success, and my path is as a shining light, shining brighter and brighter unto the perfect day! Every step I take is a step of progress, prosperity, success and greatness, in Jesus' Name. Amen!

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SATURDAY 5TH OCTOBER 2019

THEME: PART OF THE DIVINE MAJORITY?

MEMORISE:

Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. John 16:32

READ: John 6:25-69

6:25 And when they had found him on the other side of the sea, they said unto him, Rabbi, when camest thou hither?

6:26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.

6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

6:31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.

6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

6:34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

6:36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

6:41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.

6:42 And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

6:43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

6:48 I am that bread of life.

6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

6:52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

6:59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

6:61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

6:62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

According to the worldly way of thinking, one needs to belong to the mainstream majority in order to make appreciable impact. Against this background, when one considers the humble birth of Jesus Christ and the "strange" doctrines He taught, one is left wondering how He was able to accomplish all He did while here on earth, and He is still making impact even while in heaven (Mark 1:27, Luke 5:26). How come He was successful, even though His peculiar teachings caused many of His disciples to desert Him (John 6:66)? What gave Him strength and resilience even when His closest allies ran away in His darkest hour (Matthew 26:56)? The answer to all this lies in what the Holy Spirit says in Acts 10:38:

"How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; *_for God was with him._*"

In essence, Jesus was in the divine majority, even when it seemed He was alone. He spoke the words of today's memory verse to His disciples, from which we understand that walking in agreement with the Father was all that mattered to Him. No wonder He felt so much pain when the Father looked away from Him as He embodied sin on the cross (Mark 15:34, Habakkuk 1:13, 2 Corinthians 5:21).

It is therefore amazing that some Christians cannot take any stand that is contrary to popular opinion, even when it relates to the Father's will. Some pastors moderate their sermons when they observe that their congregation numbers are dropping. Some even dabble into things that chase the presence of the Father far away from them in order to pull crowds to themselves. Such pastors are foolish and do not know the ways of God. When the crowd murmured at Jesus' teachings, instead of backing down, He delved deeper, so much so that many of them ran away. In spite of that, He turned to those who were left and asked if they also wanted to leave! The secret behind the successful ministry of Jesus Christ was that God the Father was with Him throughout. What a great lesson this is to us! The truth is that Jesus Himself never left God the Father; they were in communion at all times. He would not do anything without the Father's approval. Before He preached, He would have taken counsel from God the Father and the Holy Spirit - this was the spiritual majority that mattered to Him. Beloved, are you in the world's majority or God's majority? Are you yearning to become part of the world's majority due to the ridicule you suffer for being godly? Please choose to stay in the spiritual majority. Jesus Christ was alone with His Father and it was more than enough for Him to do the unprecedented. It is more than enough for you too.

KEY POINT:
Those who stand with God against the world will stand out with Him in glory.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicles 11-12, Revelation 1

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 3: TRUST AND OBEY

1. When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His word
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey

Chorus:
Trust and obey,
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.

2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt nor a fear
Not a sigh nor a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.

3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.

4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favour He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.

5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we'll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do
Where He sends we will go
Never fear, only trust and obey.
*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*LOOKING UP TO JESUS*

05 October, 2019

Nothing finishes a person like trusting in man; to trust in man is to rust in life.

SCRIPTURE: Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith�Hebrews 12:2a

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Nothing finishes a person like trusting in man; to trust in man is to rust in life.

Looking up to God implies having total trust and confidence in God. Looking up to God is focusing your gaze completely on God. Looking up to Jesus is looking away from your money or possessions and focusing on Jesus alone. Looking up to God is turning away from man as your reason for living.

The tragedy today is, most people look at their pastor as their healer instead of God; But the pastor is just an instrument in God�s Hand. Some see their rich relations or boss in their offices as their savior or the reason why they are alive. They could go as far as telling such people, �If you don�t help me, I am dead.� This is an aberration! How can you tell a mortal man that if he doesn�t help you, you are finished? It means you are really finished; that statement has finished you already! Never put your trust in man.

Nothing finishes a person like trusting in man; to trust in man is to rust in life. This is because man can fail, man can change, man can lie, man can die, man can age, but God is ageless, changeless, dieless and weariless. God is too dependable to deceive you, He is too reliable to reverse, He is too faithful to fail you. So, fix your gaze on Him alone at all times. He will help you.

REMEMBER THIS: Nothing finishes a person like trusting in man; to trust in man is to rust in life.
ASSIGNMENT(S)

1. Ask God for mercy and repent of any area you have looked up to man as your saviour other than God
2. Determine to look up to God alone as the source of everything in your life and in all you do
PRAYER: Lord, I ask for mercy in any area I may have looked up to a man as my source. I look up unto You Lord as my helper, saviour and the source of my life, in Jesus� Name.

QUOTE: You cannot look up to God and end in shame; they that trust in the Lord cannot rust in life. Culled from 365 Wisdom Capsules by Dr Paul Enenche

AMAZING FACT: An eagle can fly carrying a weight 4 times as much as its own body weight.
TODAY IN HISTORY: 05/10/1905: Wilbur Wright pilots Wright Flyer III in a flight of 24 miles in 39 minutes, a world record that stood until 1908.

DAILY READING: Jer 4: 19 to 6: 15, Col. 1: 18 to 2:7, Ps. 77: 1 to 20, Prov. 24: 23 to 25
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING GET THIS MESSAGE: The Demand of Excellence and Authority

DON'T FORGET TO ATTEND: The Blessing Sunday Service tomorrow in any of the 3 power-packed services; 6:00am, 8:00am and 10:00am respectively at the Glory Dome. Invite your friends and loved ones. God bless you as you come.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: As you look up to God in this season, every trace of shame and reproach disappears from your life in Jesus� Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: SATURDAY 5TH OCTOBER, 2019*

*TOPIC: YOU ARE NOT THEIR GOD!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: PROVERBS 13:15-25*

It’s been popularly reported that a rich Harvard university graduate said: “My one big mistake in life has been providing a trust fund for my five children. I’m very comfortable paying for an education for a long as long as they want to study 
in a reputable university. However, providing additional funds so they could have a lifestyle beyond what they have achieved on their own was a mistake”. A leadership teacher, John Maxwell says “If you do everything for your children, what will they do for themselves?” By the time they finish university education, we have slaved and built houses for them, put car keys in their hands, bankrolled their weddings when they’re getting married. What then will they do for themselves? In the course of doing these for them, some people develop hypertension and all sorts of illness. Some slump and die. Some steal to achieve these luxuries for their children.

Inheritance goes beyond material things. Give them the right values, strong character and a revelatory knowledge of the power they carry as an extension of God; they will create water to sell in the desert and sell sand to the Arabs to build mansions for themselves. Do something for your children to make them have a softer take off but do not take over their lives.” The above is so true but the LORD wants you to know that YOU ARE NOT THE GOD OF YOUR CHILDREN.

You are their parent or guardian! Their ULTIMATE PROVIDER is Jehovah God! Let those you are helping know this. Yes! Proverbs 13:22 (NIV) says: “A good man leaves an inheritance for his children’s children…” but balance it with Vs. 24: “He who spares the rod hats his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.”

So leaving an inheritance and USING THE ROD (meaning training, discipline and experience – NOT SPOILING THEM) must go together! If you leave and inheritance without training, then that inheritance will be ABUSED! Tell your children HOW TO MAKE THEIR OWN MONEY! Allow them to make their own mistakes! *And let them know if God could do it for you, He can do it for them! 

Always remind them that the only thing guaranteed to them is A GOOD EDUCATION and a FANTASTIC ROD (balanced training)! Nothing more!* If they get a house or cash from you, it is a privilege, not a right! Make sure you enjoy your little blessings or wealth as much as possible because your children might even go to court to fight themselves after your death – WILL or no WILL! Oh what a life! STOP PLAYING GOD!

*ODM is interdenominational! If you need deliverance, see your pastor or be at eh Manna Mountain this Saturday, 8am (OGUDU, Lagos), 9am (Lekki, Lagos).*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take any song of praise as led!
1. Thank the LORD for His care now! Worship Him now!
2. Repent from ways in which YOU HAVE ACTED AS GOD to your children!
3. Repent from thinking that MONEY can take the place of discipline!
4. Repent from NOT SPENDING TIME WITH THEM.
5. Pray seriously for your children today (mention names). Loose their success and salvation.

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: MICAH 5-7*
*BY BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/WRITER OF ODM_
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH

THE LIVING WATER {July ~ Dec., 2019}

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Saturday, October 5, 2019
- World Teachers Day

TOPIC: RAISED TO RAISE OTHERS
Read Acts 4:19-20

19. But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.
20. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.

MEMORISE: "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Acts 28:19-20)

EXPOSITION

We are in the dispensation of grace. The full wrath of God is yet to come, the more reason He chooses you as a priest unto the people of the world, as He did to Moses, Aaron, Joshua, etc. in their generations. He sends us to our families, communities and the entire world (Lk. 4:18-19).

Man is saved for the main reasons of worship and spreading the gospel to the dying world. God raised Christ so that we should be raised from our spiritual death, now, and delivered from eternal death, later. Through His grace, we are raised. He wants us to use this grace to raise others for Him. 

God sent Joseph to Egypt so that He could save His countrymen and the world then, from famine. He raised Apostle Paul to lead the gentiles to the saving knowledge of Christ. Your office and platform are to help others attain to the purpose of God for their lives. Do not be afraid to tell others about Christ, as you help the saved grow in Him, in all circumstances (cf. Acts 4:1-22). Paul wanted children he would present before God (1 Thes. 2:19,20).

Apostle Paul ensured that Timothy was given the assistance needed to make the young bishop grow in the Lord. We must bring the knowledge of salvation to the lost wherever they are. It is our responsibility to bring sinners into Christ and His house. We were made disciples of our Lord Jesus so as to make other disciples. This is the greatest responsibility of those of us in the end times. Where are your Timothy and Titus?

PRAYER POINTS

1. Empower me anew, O Lord, to vigorously pursue the assignment committed into my hands.
2. Open my eyes to renewed vision for You and Your work, O Lord.
3. Pray that every teacher (both spiritual and secular) would see themselves as God-sent of raising the next generation for Christ.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: S of S. 5:3 - 8:14; Isa. 1:1 - 1:9; Eph. 2:10 - 3:9
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM