The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Wednesday 2nd October
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

WEDNESDAY, 2ND OCTOBER.

BE ACTIVE IN A LOCAL CHURCH

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching (Hebrews 70:25,).

Upon receiving salvation, one of the first things the Spirit of God does for you is to bring you into the house of God, to be a member of a church. Church membership is compulsory. You can’t be a “floating” Christian; you must be a stable member of a local church.

The Church is your place of refuge and security. The Bible tells us that the Church is the pillar and ground of truth: “But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth” (1 Timothy 3:15). The only place to hear the voice of truth and encouragement is the Church.

The enemy knows the power and import of being an active member of a local church, which is why he tries to cut people off from the Church and sow hatred in their hearts against the Church.

Never allow the enemy or anyone pitch you against the Church, because that’s where your strength comes from; that’s where you have people always praying for you. Think about it: the first people that God uses in blessing you are people who know you, or who are associated with you, such as your brothers and sisters in the Lord.

Even when they don’t know you personally, because they’re associated with you, God puts words of blessings in their mouths for you. As they pray in the Holy Ghost, they intercede for you, according to the will of God for your life (Romans 8:26-2 7).
Your membership in a local church is a strong support system for your spiritual growth and effectiveness in the Kingdom of God. Therefore, be a vibrant and active member of a local church.

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for making me a member of the body of Christ—the Church. I’ll be active in the local church, fulfilling my ministry in the Gospel, with joy and gladness; strengthened with might by the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Luke 4:16; Hebrews 10:25 TLB
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Philippians 1:1-30 & Isaiah 33-34

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 3:1-8 & 1 Kings 7

#AFFIRMATIONTRAIN

2ND OCTOBER.

I affirm that God has lavished His grace on me, with all Sophia and Phronesis. I am an answer from God! My experience in life is different because I am full of the wisdom of God. My faculties are all submitted to the wisdom of God. Wisdom is using my mind; wisdom is using my brain; wisdom is using me, walking and functioning through me.

The Wisdom of God has made His home in me; I’ve got wisdom for every situation. God has made me wise and I am a wonder to my world. Everywhere I go, the lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places, for I have a goodly heritage. I know what to do at all times because the wisdom of God is functioning through me. Hallelujah!

I am a problem solver; a solution bringer. I am an answer from God! I am relevant and needed everywhere. I see and hear by the spirit; I know and understand by the Spirit. I am a spirit-led man (woman, boy or girl) and I am full of the Holy Ghost. I’ve got the life of God in me; thus, I’ll never be sick.

There’s only one way in my life; it is the way of prosperity, it is the way of victory, it is the way of success. I do not fail because victory is already mine! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. Greater is He that is in me than the darkness in the world.

Greater is He that is in me than the wickedness and evil in the world. Greater is He that is in me than the violence in the world. I am moving forward by the speed of the Holy Spirit and my light is shining brighter and brighter unto the perfect day. Glory to God. Hallelujah!

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: WEDNESDAY 2ND OCTOBER 2019

THEME: REDUCED TO A PIECE OF BREAD!

MEMORISE:
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 1 Corinthians 6:18

READ: Proverbs 6:20-26

6:20 My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother: 6:21 Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck. 6:22 When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee. 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life: 6:24 To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman. 6:25 Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids. 6:26 For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adulteress will hunt for the precious life.

One of the deadliest sins is sexual immorality of any kind, the reason being that the repercussions do not wait until the great White Throne judgement before stinging their victims (Revelation 20:11-12). The consequences include broken relationships, destroyed families, sexually transmitted diseases and much more. This is the reason why the Holy Spirit is warning us in today's memory verse to flee from it. Sexual immorality carries a lot of evil baggage, the most grievous of which is spiritual in nature. For example, Reuben slept with his father's wife and got an everlasting curse for it (Genesis 35:22, Genesis 49:1-4). Another example is Samson. Once a Nazarite consecrated to God, he lost his glory after allowing himself to fornicate with an idol worshipper who betrayed him. His two eyes were removed and he became a grinder of corn and an object of scorn in the temple of Dagon, the god of the Philistines (Judges 16:19-23).

The word of God is the sure refuge against the destructive sin of sexual immorality. Speaking in today's Bible reading, the Holy Spirit shows us the way of escape we need, saying in Proverbs 6:23-24:

"For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life: To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman."

God's word has power to shield us from falling prey to the seductive instincts of evil men and women. Only the wise who walk in the fear of God like Joseph did can escape this satanic snare. However, we can walk in the fear of God only if the word of God is hidden in our hearts (Psalm 119:11). Speaking particularly, God's word has forever established that extramarital wandering is forbidden. The Almighty God who knows the end from the beginning, knows what will be the end of that sexual escapade, and He forbids it. He says in Proverbs 6:25-26:

"Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids. For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adulteress will hunt for the precious life."

God reveals in this scripture that sexual immorality hunts for the very best of mankind to destroy their future. Indeed, when you look through history, you will observe that sexual immorality has destroyed so many precious souls and destinies.

Beloved, I plead with you not to allow this age-long enemy of mankind to destroy you. If you are indulging in sexual immorality, repent, and if you are being tempted to go into it, run for your dear life like Joseph did. God bless you.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to keep myself pure for You, and give me the strength of character to flee from all forms of sexual immorality in Jesus' Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Chronicles 4-5, Daniel 11:14-28

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 4: TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE

1.Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2.Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3.Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose,
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.
*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*RUNNING WITH VISION*

02 October, 2019

What you don�t see coming may never come; what is not clear to you is not there for you.

SCRIPTURE: And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. Habakkuk 2:2.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: What you don�t see coming may never come; what is not clear to you is not there for you.

Vision is the capacity to project into the future. Vision is seeing tomorrow from today. Where you will be tomorrow is determined by what you see today.

Beloved, what is your vision for this month of October in particular and for life in general? What are your plans? What do you want to achieve and how do you intend to achieve them? Don�t start this month without a definite agenda of how you want it to go for you. Don�t be empty at heart because an empty heart equals an empty life; a blank mind equals a blank future. Don�t live your life to chance because whatever is left to chance would have no chance.

The truth is, what you don�t see coming may never come; what is not clear to you is not there for you; what you do not visualize, you cannot realize.
Our anchor Scripture admonishes us to write our vision down and make it plain so that when we read it, we can run with it to get it fulfilled.
Any vision that is not written down is a daydream and unrealistic.

Beloved, I prophesy that this month and the remaining part of the year shall yield great profits in your life, in Jesus� Name.

REMEMBER THIS: What you don�t see coming may never come; what is not clear to you is not there for you.

ASSIGNMENT(S)

1. Write out what you want to achieve in the remaining part of the year and how you will go about achieving them.
2. Set a target or time frame within which you would like to achieve them.
3. Deploy maximum action to achieve your vision.
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your Word to me today. I make demands on Your grace to run with your vision for my life. Deliver me from vision distractors and destiny destroyers, Lord in Jesus� Name.

QUOTE: It doesn�t matter how rich you are, if you have no vision, you begin to perish. If you are not looking forward to a future, you begin to rupture. Culled from 21 Foolish Things People Do by Dr Paul Enenche

AMAZING FACT: Honey is the only food that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life, including enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and water; and it's the only food that contains "pinocembrin", an antioxidant associated with improved brain functioning.

TODAY IN HISTORY:2/10/1792. The Baptist Missionary Society was formed in London
DAILY READING: Isa. 66: 1 to 24, Phil. 3: 4 to 21, Ps. 74: 1 to 23, Prov. 24: 15 to 16
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING GET THIS MESSAGE: The Demand of Excellence and Authority

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: I prophesy clarity of vision with the supernatural capacity for fulfillment in Jesus� Name.
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: WEDNESDAY 2ND OCTOBER, 2019*

*TOPIC: THE PHILOSOPHY PROFESSOR!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURES: PSALM 14:1; PSALM 112:1-10*

There was a professor of Philosophy who was a deeply committed atheist. *His primary goal for one required class was to spend the entire semester proving that God couldn’t exist.*

His students were always afraid to argue with him because of his impeccable logic. Sure, some had argued in class at times, but no one had ever really gone against him because of his reputation. At the end of every semester on the last day, he would say to his class of 300 students, *“If there is anyone here who still believes in God, stand up!”* 

In twenty years, no one had ever stood up. They knew what he was going to do next. *He would say, “Because anyone who believes in God is a fool.* If God existed, he could stop this piece of chalk from breaking when it hit the ground.

Such a simple task to prove that He is God, and yet He can’t do it.” And every year, he would drop the chalk onto the tiled floor of the classroom, and it would shatter into a hundred of pieces. All of the students would do nothing but stop and stare. 

Most of the students thought that God couldn’t exist. Certainly, a number of Christians had slipped through, but for 20 years, they had been too afraid to stand up! Then a certain young man got admitted into the university. He was a Christian and had heard the stories about his professor. He was required to take the class for his major, and he was afraid. But for three months that semester, he prayed every morning that he would have the courage to stand up no matter what the professor said or what the class thought. Nothing they said could ever shatter his faith.. he hoped.

Finally, the day came. The professor said, “If there is anyone here who still believes in God, stand up!” The professor and the class of 300 people looked at him, shocked, as he stood up at the back of the classroom. *The professor shouted, “You FOOL!!! If God existed, he would keep this piece of chalk from breaking when it hit the ground!”* He proceeded to drop the chalk, but as he did, it slipped out of his fingers, off his shirt cuff, on to the pleat of his pants, down his leg, and off his shoe. As it hit the ground, it simply rolled away unbroken.

*The professor’s jaw dropped as he starred at the chalk. He looked up at the young man and then ran out of the lecture hall. The young man who had stoop up proceeded to walk to the front of the room and shared his faith in Jesus for the next half hour. 300 students stayed and listened as he told of God’s love for them mand of His power through Jesus.*

The story of this professor is a lesson, but always remember Psalm 14:1 – *“Only fools say in their hearts, there is no God.”* Note: IN THEIR HEARTS! You may not voice it out to others, but each time you get depressed over your battles, you are indirectly saying *in your heart,* THERE IS NO GOD you can trust! Yes! Each time you get discouraged and compare yourself to others, you are indirectly saying *in your heart,

* THERE IS NO GOD! Ah! Each time you get worried/anxious over your future and begin to imagine HOW and WHEN your testimony will show up, then you are indirectly saying *in your heart* that, THERE IS NO GOD! Arise today and tell the devil that DELAY is not a denial! Tell the devil that no matter the battles, YOU WILL TRUST JEHOVAH forever because your eyes are FIXED on Him!

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take your best worship song to God now.
1. Thank God for today’s word and pray as you are led.
2. God has a wonderful plan for you! Repent from worry, doubt or allowing depression now! Reject self-pity now!
3. Declare Psalm 112: 7 now! Personalize it: My heart is FIXED; trusting in the LORD God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob! I am not a QUITTER!
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: AMOS 7-9*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

*Wednesday, October 2, 2019.*

*INTERNATIONAL DAY OF NON-VIOLENCE & WORLD FARM ANIMALS DAY*

*THE RACE*

*Read Philippians 3:12-14*

*MEMORISE*

*I returned and saw under the sun that – The race is not to the swift, Nor the battle to the strong, Nor bread to the wise, Nor riches to men of understanding. Nor favor to men of skill; But time and chance happen to them all. (Ecclesiastes 9:11)*

*EXPOSITION*

Once upon a time, in an animal world Olympic contest, the marathon race saw the rabbit and tortoise making it to the final. The rabbit boasted to come first, while the tortoise bragged of being the best. 

The forest was thick with the loud noise of the animals waiting to celebrate the winner. In the early hours of the final competition, the tortoise had a plan to cheat on the rabbit. He had planned to set delicious meals with attractive aroma at every junction; he knew the rabbit enjoyed eating without control. Who would have doubted that the rabbit emerge the winner? Most surprisingly and unfortunately though, the rabbit had great speed, his gluttonous habit prevented him from winning the race.

The above story is typical of Christians who had set their minds/faces on running the race to meet their Redeemer. The rabbit represents Christians who joyfully run the race to heaven, expecting the rapture and running the race to eternity with endurance. The tortoise represents the taproot of the world, the hindrances that block the Christian’s way to heaven. The cunningness of the tortoise represents the devil’s tactfulness at setting distractions on the paths of unsuspecting Christian pilgrims.

Brethren, what is that tortoise in your life as you journey to heaven, preventing you from running? What are the sins in your life that make you lose focus? Many Christians have deviated from their heavenly race through gluttonous habits, bad companies, worldly desires, demonic songs/
dances, carefree attitudes, prayerlessness, laziness in the things of God, etc. They have lost focus and their identity as citizens of heaven. Examine your life today, whether you are still on track (2 Cor. 13:5). If not, call upon the Lord to help you conquer the hurdles on your way to heaven.

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. Lord, I refuse to be distracted in my race to heaven; help me O Lord.
2. Pray for children of God who have backslidden, that God, in His infinite mercy, should restore them.
3. Father, uphold ministers of the Gospel to set their priorities right in discharging their duties, as representatives of God.
*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Ecclesiastes 5:15 – 8:16; Galatians 5:11 – 6:6*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM