The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Friday 13th September
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

FRIDAY, 13TH SEPTEMBER.

BE MEEK AND LOWLY IN HEART

Whoever will humble himself therefore and become like this little child [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving] is greatest in the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 18:4 AMPC).

The more knowledgeable you are in the things of the Spirit, the more humble you become. If your knowledge in Christ, and of God, doesn’t produce a greater level of humility in you, then something is wrong; your knowledge is of the flesh and such knowledge puffs up (1 Corinthians 8:1).

True knowledge of God is the knowledge of the Spirit, and in unity with His Spirit. The more you know Him, the more you reveal and reflect Him in your thoughts, character, words and actions. In Matthew 11:29, He said, “…I am meek and lowly in heart….”

The One who said this is the same One described as the embodiment of all knowledge and wisdom. Philippians 2:5-8 further lets us in on His humility. It says, “Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him he form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”

Don’t be high-minded. That’s what Jesus meant when He used the word, “lowly” in our theme verse. It means to “condescend without being condescending”; it’s one of the key things about humble people.

Humility is a life; it’ll work in you, whether you’re with the high and mighty or with the lowly. It’s often expressed in action by the willingness to take on the responsibility of service to others, in loyalty to the Word.

Something else about humble people is that they take responsibility, even for other people’s errors, and don’t keep record of the wrongs done to them. They free those who hurt them, because true humility is submitting to the Lordship of Jesus Christ through the Word.

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for the impact of your Word in my spirit. I’m completely yielded to the authority, influence, and impact of your Word, producing positive transformations in my character, lifestyle, communication, and attitude, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

1 Peter 5:5-6; Proverbs 29:23; James 4:6
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:

2 Corinthians 12:1-21; Ecclesiastes 3-5
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 22:44-53; 2 Samuel 1
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: FRIDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER 2019

THEME: BEWARE OF THE “THIRD PARENT”

MEMORISE:
Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
1 Corinthians 15:33

READ: 2 Samuel 13:1-15, 2 Samuel 13:25-29

1 And it came to pass after this, that Absalom the son of David had a fair sister, whose name was Tamar; and Amnon the son of David loved her.

2 And Amnon was so vexed, that he fell sick for his sister Tamar; for she was a virgin; and Amnon thought it hard for him to do any thing to her.

3 But Amnon had a friend, whose name was Jonadab, the son of Shimeah David's brother: and Jonadab was a very subtle man.

4 And he said unto him, Why art thou, being the king's son, lean from day to day? wilt thou not tell me? And Amnon said unto him, I love Tamar, my brother Absalom's sister.

5 And Jonadab said unto him, Lay thee down on thy bed, and make thyself sick: and when thy father cometh to see thee, say unto him, I pray thee, let my sister Tamar come, and give me meat, and dress the meat in my sight, that I may see it, and eat it at her hand.

6 So Amnon lay down, and made himself sick: and when the king was come to see him, Amnon said unto the king, I pray thee, let Tamar my sister come, and make me a couple of cakes in my sight, that I may eat at her hand.

7 Then David sent home to Tamar, saying, Go now to thy brother Amnon's house, and dress him meat.

8 So Tamar went to her brother Amnon's house; and he was laid down. And she took flour, and kneaded it, and made cakes in his sight, and did bake the cakes.

9 And she took a pan, and poured them out before him; but he refused to eat. And Amnon said, Have out all men from me. And they went out every man from him.

10 And Amnon said unto Tamar, Bring the meat into the chamber, that I may eat of thine hand. And Tamar took the cakes which she had made, and brought them into the chamber to Amnon her brother.

11 And when she had brought them unto him to eat, he took hold of her, and said unto her, Come lie with me, my sister.

12 And she answered him, Nay, my brother, do not force me; for no such thing ought to be done in Israel: do not thou this folly.

13 And I, whither shall I cause my shame to go? and as for thee, thou shalt be as one of the fools in Israel. Now therefore, I pray thee, speak unto the king; for he will not withhold me from thee.

14 Howbeit he would not hearken unto her voice: but, being stronger than she, forced her, and lay with her.

15 Then Amnon hated her exceedingly; so that the hatred wherewith he hated her was greater than the love wherewith he had loved her. And Amnon said unto her, Arise, be gone.

25 And the king said to Absalom, Nay, my son, let us not all now go, lest we be chargeable unto thee. And he pressed him: howbeit he would not go, but blessed him.

26 Then said Absalom, If not, I pray thee, let my brother Amnon go with us. And the king said unto him, Why should he go with thee?

27 But Absalom pressed him, that he let Amnon and all the king's sons go with him.

28 Now Absalom had commanded his servants, saying, Mark ye now when Amnon's heart is merry with wine, and when I say unto you, Smite Amnon; then kill him, fear not: have not I commanded you? be courageous, and be valiant.

29 And the servants of Absalom did unto Amnon as Absalom had commanded. Then all the king's sons arose, and every man gat him up upon his mule, and fled.

The influence of peer groups has always been great in moulding a person's character either for good or bad. Indeed, friends and peer groups are the "third parent" to every individual. Peer pressure has the power of enticing a person into things they would never have considered doing. No wonder the Holy Spirit says in Proverbs 1:10:

“My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.”

Yo entice is to persuade a person to carry out an act, usually by offering something pleasant and attractive as dividend. An example of this is the serpent's dangling of the forbidden fruit before Eve (Genesis 3:6). Enticement usually works hand in hand with deception. May you never fall victim to the enticement of the world like Demas did in Jesus' Name (2 Timothy 4:10).

The power of temptation lies in its ability to entice its victim. Parents do not lure their children into temptation; rather, they lead their children on the path of greatness and right living. The Holy Spirit in our lives represents our divine parents, the Holy Trinity, and this is why we must always listen to the counsel He gives and reject any counsel contrary to His inspired word. The truth is, the Holy Spirit cannot lead you to do anything that is contrary to God's written word. Speaking on His mandate, our Lord said in John 16:13:

“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.”

He then went on to say in John 17:17:

“Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.”

In other words, the Holy Spirit is to guide us into all of God's word, which is truth.

Associating with evil people has the potential to corrupt any person of good character. That is why the Holy Spirit is sending the warning in today's memory verse. Those who are wise will give heed to what the Holy Spirit says because He knows more than we know and sees better than we see. To avoid the snare of wicked peers and finish your race in heaven, let the Holy Spirit have the greatest influence on you. Do not keep friends like Jonadab in today's Bible reading, whose advice cost Amnon his life. Jonadab and Amnon were even cousins! Irrespective of family links, don't allow anyone influence you into destruction, because when it's all said and done, you will bear your cross yourself. May the Lord make you wise concerning this in Jesus' Name.

ACTION POINT:
Examine if the company you keep influences you for good and adds value to you. Discreetly withdraw from those who influence you negatively.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 16-17, Daniel 2:17-35

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 2: OH JESUS, I HAVE PROMISED

1 O Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me,
My Master and my Friend;
I shall not fear the battle
If Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway
If Thou wilt be my guide.

2 O let me feel Thee near me,
The world is ever near;
I see the sights that dazzle,
The tempting sounds I hear;
My foes are ever near me,
Around me and within;
But, Jesus, draw Thou nearer,
And shield my soul from sin.

3 Oh let me hear Thee speaking
In accents clear and still,
Above the storms of passion,
The murmurs of self-will;
Oh speak to reassure me,
To hasten or control;
O speak, and make me listen,
Thou Guardian of my soul.

4 O Jesus, Thou hast promised
To all who follow Thee,
That where Thou art in glory,
There shall Thy servant be;
And, Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end;
O give me grace to follow,
My Master and my Friend.

5 Oh, let me see Thy footmarks,
And in them plant mine own;
My hope to follow duly
Is in Thy strength alone.
Oh, guide me, call me, draw me,
Uphold me to the end;
And then to rest receive me,
My Saviour and my Friend.
*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*UPRIGHT LIVING � A HEDGE AGAINST CURSES*

13 September, 2019

Beloved, it does not matter who prays for you or the number of scriptures you quote, as long as you are putting on a filthy garment, you cannot resist the devil.

SCRIPTURE: And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him�Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel. Zechariah 3:1-3

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: As light is the answer to darkness, the blessing is the answer to the curse.

It is one thing for a person to be delivered from the grip of generational or family curses, but it is another thing for that person to remain free. There are conditions that guarantee the maintenance of freedom or deliverance from curses, and we are going to look at one of those conditions today.
How do you remain in freedom after being delivered from curses?

Live uprightly

Ephesians 4:27 says, Neither give place to the devil. So, the devil can be given a place. That is why it is possible for someone to be delivered and after a while the same condition from which they were delivered resurfaces.

Our anchor Scripture tells us about Joshua, the high priest, who gave a place to the devil by wearing a filthy garment and the devil stood beside him to resist him.

Beloved, it does not matter who prays for you or the number of scriptures you quote, as long as you are putting on a filthy garment, you cannot resist the devil. So, if you want to stay free, you must make up your mind to be free of iniquity. Little lies, fraudulent practices, seductive dressing, immorality etc. give the devil a place to operate in a life.

It has been confirmed that the Blessing of God is the cure for the curses of life. As light is the answer to darkness, the Blessing is the answer to the curse. Whatever will release the Blessing will terminate the curse. And Psalms 24:4-5 says, He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord�. This implies that when you live uprightly, you are not permitted to remain under curses.
Remember this: As light is the answer to darkness, the blessing is the answer to the curse.

ASSIGNMENT(S):

1. Guard your freedom by living uprightly; flee from sin or compromise.
2. Set out at least a day in a week for consecrational fasting and prayer.
3. Study the Word of God daily. (Psalm 119:9, 11).
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: ESCAPING CURSES AND WALKING IN LIBERTY.

PRAYER: Lord, thank You for my redemption in Christ Jesus. I receive the grace to remain in freedom, Lord in Jesus� Name.

DAILY BIBLE READING: Isaiah 12:1 to 14:32, 2 Corinthians 13:1 to 13, Psalm 57:1 to 11, Proverbs 23:9 to 11
QUOTE: Your nature affects your future. Your character affects your destiny. Your habit affects your habitat. Culled from WHO ARE YOU? by Dr Paul Enenche.

AMAZING FACT: A day in Mercury lasts approximately as long as 59 days on earth.
TODAY IN HISTORY: 13/9/1541: John Calvin returns to Geneva to reform the Church under a body of doctrine known as Calvinism.
DON�T FORGET TO ATTEND: The Home Church meeting by 6:00pm tomorrow at a Home Church near you. Also invite your friends and neighbours. God bless you as you do so.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: FRIDAY 13TH SEPTEMBER, 2019*

*TOPIC: PONDER ON THIS TIPS*

*BASIC SCRIPTURES: EXODUS 1:12-22; ECCLESIASTES 8:12*

Exodus 1:20 says: “Therefore God *DEAL WELL* with the midwives: and the people multiplied, and waxed very might.” When the sun rises, remember that the sun shines on thousands of evil people as well as thousands of good people! 

No wonder our 2nd scripture says that there are seasons when evil people proper, but despite them, IT SHALL BE WELL WITH GOD’S PEOPLE! Fear not! Yet! It must be well with you! Thank God you have little or enough to eat. Remember life that the sun shines on souls in various prisons, but somehow, you are free! Always remember that the sun shines on thousands of sick soul in various hospitals around the globe, but you are healthy!

Even if you are currently ill or in prison, always remember that the sun does not shines on the dead! Determine to wear a positive attitude to life! In this your STORY to GLORY year, always looks up and be courageous! Be hopeful, ambitious and keep climbing. *Remember that life is in minutes and seconds! There is no such thing as a better end, because an end is always a beginning into something else! Always learn from your mistakes and just keep moving! Only the living can mistakes!

No matter how this year has been, thank God daily that you are alive! Life is like a building that can be renovated and rebuilt from scratch!* Be contented while yearning for more!

A little that makes you happy is better than a lot that makes you miserable! Life in a hut with hope and faith is better than living in place with worry, doubt and anxiety! Show mercy to the week, give to the needy, bear no grudges, forgive easily, Just as God *DEALT WELL* with the midwives, I see Him doing the same for you as you ponder over these tips today! Ah! He says I should tell you: All shall be well!

*Would Vigil Day. The battle of the Night, a typical one hour prayer vigil against the three hours in which the powers of darkness shake the world (God to page 133-134 of OMD for more prayer).*
*PRAYER POINTS:* Take any song of praise now!

1. Worship God for the Word today! Pray about it now!
2. Thank you LORD for the gift of life Ask for the grace to be hopeful. Bind anxiety, depression and worry,
3. Lord, deal well with me in this 2nd half of 2019.
4. Lord, in this 2nd half of 2019, it must be well with me! My blood shall not be used for the renewal of evil covenants *(Pray it Now/Tonight 12am-1am).*
5. *MIDNIGHT PRAYERS TODAYS! All ODM Users worldwide Are To pray Between 12am-1am 

Tonight. Pray concerning your Destiny And pray for Others! The Holy Ghost Will DEAL WELL WITH HIS PEOPLE TONIGHT For Signs And Wonders! See page 133!*
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: EZEKIEL 25-27*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PU
*THE LIVING WATER*

*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Friday, September 13, 2019

*TOPIC: MARY MAGDALENE*

*Read: Matthew 27:54-56*

*MEMORISE: _And many women who followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering to Him, were there looking on from afar_ (Matthew 27:55).*

*EXPOSITION*

Tradition identifies Magdalene with the nameless woman with a sinful past, who went to the house of Simon the Pharisees, where Jesus was eating, and stood behind Jesus, crying and wetting His feet with her tears. 

Then she dried the feet with her hair, kissed them, and poured perfume on them *(Matt. 26:6ff; Lk. 7:36ff).* Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven; you faith has saved you. Go in peace” *(cf. Lk. 7:47).* Since then, she had committedly followed Jesus. She was later one of the woman who witnessed His crucifixion.

Since you believed, how consistent have you been in your fellowship with the Lord and the work of discipleship? The discipleship qualities of Mary Magdalene is ever preaching and witnessing to us today: her consistency in following Jesus; her relationship with the other Marys. That Jesus Himself even announced His resurrection first to her *(Jn. 20:17).* is a positive attestation to her passionate attachment to the Lord.

Jesus requires nothing less from you! Are you one of the 21st Century Marys who promise never to quit the faith, hoping to see Him at death or rapture? In your walk with Jesus, be consistent. You have no excuse not to be. May Mary Magdalene not be instrument of judgement to us on the last day, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

*PRAYER POINTS*

*1.* My Lord Jesus, help me to be consistent in my daily walk with You.
*2.* Please, Lord, help my family not to foot-drag in their walk with You.
*3.* Pray for our women to be more committed to the things of God, at home, in church in the marketplace, and everywhere.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Psalms 136:19 – 141:1; 1 Corinthians 15:37 – 15:58*
*Author: CAC WORLDWIDE*
*Remain Blessed!*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM