The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Thursday 5th September
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

THURSDAY, 5TH SEPTEMBER.

LOVE YOUR ENEMIES

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you (Matthew 5:44).

Some Christians have what they call, “Enemy vanquishing services,” where they pray against their perceived enemies. But that’s not scriptural. The Word says, “...Love your enemies….”

Whatever God tells you to do is for your benefit. If He tells you to love your enemies, it means you can, and it’s also for your advantage. So, you’ve got to do the Word. Moreover, the Word shows that the adversary we contend with isn’t flesh and blood: “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood…” (Ephesians 6:12).

Christians who pray against their enemies do so mainly out of fear and insecurity, and that’s because they’re ignorant. If Jesus Christ is your Lord, the Master and Shepherd of your life, then you have nothing to fear. David understood this and exclaimed in Psalm 27:1, “The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” Have this same consciousness.

Consider Solomon; the Lord said to him, “...Ask what I shall give thee” (2 Chronicles 1:7). Solomon asked for wisdom and knowledge. Then, God said to him,

“...Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies… Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like” (2 Chronicles 1:11-12). This is instructive! The Lord commended him for not asking for the destruction of his enemies.

The desire of the Spirit is to see the salvation of your enemies. They’re already in trouble with God if they don’t repent. However, your role is to intercede for them and bring them words by which, or through which they can be saved.

PRAYER

Gracious and loving heavenly Father, I thank you for the counsel in your Word. You’ve given me a heart that loves only, and granted me the capacity to express your love that’s shed abroad in my heart by your Spirit. I lavishly express your love today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

1 John 4:16; Matthew 5:43-45; Romans 5:5
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
2 Corinthians 3:7-4:1-18; Proverbs 16-17

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 21:1-9; 1 Samuel 24

#TALKINGSESSION

5TH SEPTEMBER.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD

Heavenly Father, how gracious and loving You are to me. Thank You for making my body the temple of Your Spirit. I am continually strengthened with might in my inner man as the anointing of Your Spirit runs through every fibre of my being, making me sickness and disease-free.

Thank you for making Your Word available to me. I take advantage of the presence of the Holy Spirit who is in me, and with me to teach me Your Word as I study it wholeheartedly today. I declare that I am built up by the Word to live a life of success, victory, and promotions, dealing wisely in all affairs of life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER 2019

THEME: NURTURE, DON’T DISCARD

MEMORISE:
And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord._
Ephesians 6:4

READ: 1 Samuel 22:1-2

1 _David therefore departed thence, and escaped to the cave Adullam: and when his brethren and all his father's house heard it, they went down thither to him._

2 _And every one that was in distress, and every one that was in debt, and every one that was discontented, gathered themselves unto him; and he became a captain over them: and there were with him about four hundred men._

Three vital ingredients are necessary to make every parent successful in the task of nurturing children as precious gifts from God. These are knowledge, understanding and godliness. Unfortunately, many people who are privileged to be parents do not have what it takes to effectively fulfill their responsibilities. Parents need the type of knowledge that is found only in God's word to carry out their parental responsibilities in line with God's expectations. Speaking on the significance of children in our lives, Psalm 127:3 says:

" Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward."

Parents need to understand that through procreation, God gets His reward for all the care He has bestowed on them from the time they were born! In other words, because of human reproduction, God does not need to repeatedly go through the process of moulding clay to create new generations of worshippers that He desires. Children are God's reward, so nobody should attempt to share His glory with Him over them. Parents must stop "playing God" over their children; rather, they should nurture them to meet God's expectations, according to today's memory verse.

Our Bible reading tells us an interesting story of "abandoned children", who were once social miscreants, identifying with a man who had the heart of a father to take them in. It is equally interesting that this man, David, was also a fugitive. He was on the run because a jealous king wanted to kill him. David did not discard these boys; rather, he nurtured them to become useful for themselves, their families and the society at large. In Nigerian street parlance, he became the "area father" of about four hundred "area boys" who became soldiers for the nation of Israel when he became king. Here is a roll call of a few of them and their exploits in 2 Samuel 23:8-10:

" These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time. And after him was Eleazar the son of Dodo the Ahohite, one of the three mighty men with David, when they defied the Philistines that were there gathered together to battle, and the men of Israel were gone away: He arose, and smote the Philistines until his hand was weary, and his hand clave unto the sword: and the Lord wrought a great victory that day; and the people returned after him only to spoil. "

From their example, let us learn to nurture and train our biological and spiritual children to the point of fulfilling their destinies. When we develop them like David did to the abandoned vagabonds, they will go on to become useful assets for God and humanity in the near future.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, teach us to nurture and not despise Your heritage in the children placed in our care._

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 3-4, Ezekiel 45:10-25

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 16: GOD, GIVE US CHRISTIAN HOMES

1. God give us Christian homes
Homes where the Bible is loved and taught
Homes where the Master's will is sought
Homes crowned with beauty Thy love hath wrought
God give us Christian homes

2. God give us Christian homes
Homes where the father is true and strong
Homes that are free from the blight of wrong
Homes that are joyous with love and song

3. God give us Christian homes
Homes where the mother, in caring quest
Strives to show others Your way is best
Homes where the Lord is an honoured guest

4. God give us Christian homes
Homes where the children are led to know
Christ in His beauty who loves them so
Homes where the altar fires burn and glow
God give us Christian homes.
*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*THE DANGER OF CONSULTING OTHER gods*

05 September, 2019

Beloved, occult and witchcraft involvement is a highway to destruction; it is another origin of curses. Whatever gives you an image to bow to; whatever gives you a point of contact to relate with is involving you in the occult realm.

SCRIPTURE: Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the Lord your God. Leviticus 19:31
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Occult and witchcraft involvement is a highway to destruction.

Sometime ago, a man testified in one of our church services about how he was invited somewhere by someone who wanted to show him how to make quick money. The place he went to did not look evil but the first thing they asked him to bring was a cock, and when he brought the cock, his father died. 

They demanded for the second cock and when he brought it, his mother died. He brought the third cock, and another member of his family died, but his condition remained the same � no prosperity. Then, he realized that the cocks he had taken there for sacrifice represented the members of his family and he decided to run for his life.

Beloved, occult and witchcraft involvement is a highway to destruction; it is another origin of curses. Whatever gives you an image to bow to; whatever gives you a point of contact to relate with is involving you in the occult realm. Consulting native or witch doctors and involvement with the occult invite a curse. People may tell you: �You don�t have to come to the native doctor yourself; send us money, let�s do something for you.� 

Now, that is a trap. Do not send a dime no matter how terrible the situation is because it is an invitation unto curse and destruction.

Another origin of the curse is enchantment and divination. This is the situation where someone is limited in life by satanic enchantment. Many people are in affliction because an agent of darkness is making enchantment against them, but I decree upon your life today: every enchantment and divination against your life and destiny is neutralized by the Blood of Jesus.
Remember this: Occult and witchcraft involvement is a highway to destruction.

ASSIGNMENT(S):

1. Refuse to consult other gods; refuse to be involved in the occult and witchcraft.
2. Repent and disconnect yourself from every form of evil.
3. Make demands on the Blood of Jesus for the termination of every spell of limitation around your life.

PRAYER: 

O Lord, cause Your light to shine into my life and terminate every darkness around me. I command every spell or enchantment against my life, family and destiny to catch fire, in Jesus� Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: ESCAPING CURSES AND WALKING IN LIBERTY.

DAILY BIBLE READING: Ecclesiastes 10:1 to 12:14, 2 Corinthians 8:1 to 15, Psalm 49:1 to 20, Proverbs 22:20 to 21

QUOTE: Sin is an attack on spirituality. And an attack on a person�s prayer life is an attack on his relationship with God. Culled from PRINCIPLES AND POWER OF PRAYER by Dr Paul Enenche.

AMAZING FACT: There is a planet called HD189733b where it rains glass sideways.
TODAY IN HISTORY: 5/9/1991: Nelson Mandela chosen as president of African National Congress.
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL

A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS

DATE: THURSDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER, 2019

TOPIC: HE CALLED FOR 5 MONTHS! WOW!

lBASIC SCRIPTURE: 1SAMUEL 30:1-6; 18-19

Remember Mr. Smith, the 56 YEAR-OLD billionaire who paid off the student loans of about 400 black students in Georgia USA? He is the founder of the private equity firm ‘Vista Equity Partners’ and one of the US most prominent African-American philanthropists. His company, Vista, which focuses on software companies, is now valued at over $46bn and is one of the best-performing firms in its class, according to Forbes. Mr Smith’s net worth is estimated to be around $5bn – making him the wealthiest black American, ahead of Oprah Winfrey.

But catch his story of PERSISTENCE and tenacity now; He grew up in a primarily black neighbourhood in Denver, Colorado, the son of two school principals with doctorate degrees in education.

When he was a high school student, Mr Smith applied for an internship at a scientific development company, Bell Labs, but was told that he was too young. Because he refused to take a ‘NO’ for an answer, he reportedly continued calling the company every week for five months until he was accepted! Wow!

That is demonstrating the kind of determination that would become the secret of his success! Mr Smith went on to study Chemical Engineering at Cornell University in upstate New York and later received his MBA from Columbia University. Following his Masters, Mr Smith took a job in San Francisco at Goldman Sachs, where he began working with technology companies Apple and Microsoft, among others.
In 2000, he left Goldman Sachs and founded Vista, and he remains the company’s chief executive. 

And the Holy Ghost wants you to learn this lesson today: A DREAM BECOMES REALITY through SWEAT, DETERMINATION and HARD WORKS! Yes! Success is achieved by ORDINARY people with EXTRAORDINARY determination! That is why you MUST NEVER QUIT! Oh! Get this: Strength and Determination will lead you to a BETTER YOU! That was the secret of DAVID even when he lost EVERYTHING and weeping became his name! did he not recover all at last? Yea! Determination will always TAKE BACK all that the AMALEKITES HAVE STOLEN! Mr Smith called that company for 5 months and he got it! You are the next to hold on and hold out and be ready to dance because I hear the sound of abundance or RAIN! Determination pays!

ODM MOBILE APP UPGRADE!
We tested it for 3 months! Now we are upgrading for final PERFECTION till September. The final WORLD CLASS APP begins September! Please bear with us! Wow!

PRAYER POINTS:

Take Song 1: What A Friend We Have In Jesus…
1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
2. Determination pays! I shall not quit holding on till my change comes!
3. I scatter every plan to make me end up in the garden of depression in Jesus name. Pray about today. See page 7-9 prayers.

THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: LAMENTATION 1-5
BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (C
LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Thursday, September 5, 2019

YOUR GIVING, YOUR GAIN (II)
READ: Luke 21:1-4

And he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury.

And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites.

And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all:

For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.

MEMORISE:

And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all: For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had. (Luke 21:3,4)

EXPOSITION

God really wants us to resemble Him in all ramifications, giving inclusive. He is a Giver who cannot be out-given. Even if you can give your all today, God gave far more than that (Jn. 3:16; Rom. 8:32). Therefore, we need a positive attitude to giving.

How many people have you put smiles on their faces, giving them life, hope and better future, through your giving? The widows mite in Luke 21:1-4 caught Jesus attention. If our giving is not important to God, why would Jesus stay by that offering box to see people gave? When you give with sincerity and right attitude, you gain. This was how God differentiated between the first two givers in the Bible (Gen. 4:1ff; Heb. 11:4-5).

Your gift to either God or man speaks volume about who you are on the inside. The woman gave all she had without considering her poverty, while others gave God out of their abundance. She wasn't alone in this. The widow of Zarephath presented her last meal to Elijah. She didn't regret (1 Kgs. 17:1ff).

On this year's International Day of Charity, God ask you, “How do you spend your time, money and other resources?” God needs donors who give willingly and charitably, from a greatful heart, to further the course of His gospel. Not people who give as if they are doing God good. You can't out-give God.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Help me to give You everything without reservation, O Lord.
2. Lord, give me the heart of gratitude and sincere spirit of benevolence as I give to further Your course and better the lots of humanity.
3. Lord, caution those in positions of authority offering to help others in exchange gratification—sexual, or otherwise, and help them to desist from such.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Psalm 107:12-109:18; 1 Corinthians 10:12-10:33

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM