The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Thursday 22nd August
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

THURSDAY, 22TH AUGUST

ETERNAL LIFE: YOU HAVE IT ALREADY

And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life… (1 John 5:11-12).

The Lord Jesus said in John 5:26, “For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself.” In our opening scripture, we read that God has given us eternal life. Many think of eternal life as a promise from God, but it isn’t. It’s your present-hour possession in Christ. You have eternal life NOW!

When you were born again, you received the life and nature of God into your spirit; it happened in realtime. That eternal life, which is the life and nature of God, ought to have an impact in your physical body. That’s what the Bible says: “But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies…” (Romans 8:11).

The verse above became a reality in your life the moment Christ took up His abode in you. Thus, your hitherto death-doomed (mortal) body was vitalised. Oh, that the Church would major on this reality! This has to become something you’re conscious of every day.

John writes in 1 John 5:13, “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life….” Eternal life is in Jesus Christ; it’s the life that He gives everyone who believes.

The reason some may be struggling with their health is their lack of understanding and consciousness of eternal life. Eternal life isn’t subject to sickness; it’s death and disease-proof! Your physical body has become the living tabernacle of a living God. Do you know what that means?

The Word declares: if Christ be in you, though your body be dead because of sin, the Spirit gives it life because of righteousness (Romans 8:10). In Colossians 1:27, Paul declares: “…Christ in you, the hope of glory.” Blessed be God!

CONFESSION

Christ lives in me! His divine power has given me everything I require to live a godly and triumphant life, fulfilling my divine purpose in Him. I’m the God-man, full of the graces and glories of divinity. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY

John 17:1-3; 1 John 5:11-13 NIV
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 1 Corinthians 7 & Psalms 119:113-176

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Luke 18:9-17 & 1 Samuel 9

#TALKINGSESSION

22ND AUGUST.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for the inspiration and assurance that comes from Your Word. Thank You for the opportunities I have to preach the Word to those around me. I move with the speed and urgency of the Spirit, guided by Your wisdom in leading many to righteousness.

I receive increased grace and ability to fulfil the ministry of reconciliation to those in my world, and in the regions beyond. I have no consciousness of need because You’ve given unto me all things that pertain to life and godliness. You have qualified me to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. Thus, by faith, and with joy, I draw from the wells of salvation, having all sufficiency in all things, and abounding in every good work, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 22ND AUGUST 2019

THEME: A MASTER OF CIRCUMSTANCE

MEMORISE:

Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. *James 5:17*

*READ: Joshua 10:8-14*

8 And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear them not: for I have delivered them into thine hand; there shall not a man of them stand before thee.

9 Joshua therefore came unto them suddenly, and went up from Gilgal all night.

10 And the LORD discomfited them before Israel, and slew them with a great slaughter at Gibeon, and chased them along the way that goeth up to Bethhoron, and smote them to Azekah, and unto Makkedah.

11 And it came to pass, as they fled from before Israel, and were in the going down to Bethhoron, that the LORD cast down great stones from heaven upon them unto Azekah, and they died: they were more which died with hailstones than they whom the children of Israel slew with the sword.

12 Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.

13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

14 And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.

*MESSAGE*

A lot of Christians are being buffeted daily by the circumstance of life, even though that is not God’s desire for us. From Joshua’s story in today’s Bible reading, we see that God’s plan for us is to live as masters over every circumstance that life throws at us in this world. Circumstances are those factors that determine the course of events around us, and they can be natural or spiritual in nature. To live as a master of circumstances is to exercise authority over events or situations of life and the factors which control them.

The Bible emphasises the fact that God is sovereign over all of creation. In other words, He has absolute authority and control over everything in heaven and earth. Yet, He has delegated a limited degree of control over His creation to Mankind. Through this delegated authority, man has gained tremendous knowledge of the universe over time and this has given him a greater level of control over situations and circumstances of life. Without doubt, man has made giant strides and acquired advanced knowledge in several fields of human endeavour. However, because of these achievements, a greater part of humanity wrongly assumes that they are masters of the universe and are therefore in charge of things. How wrong they are! Daniel 4:35 says,

“And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?”

From this Bible passage, it is clear that God is unquestionably in charge. He does as He pleases in the distribution of His mercy, blessings and favour. He gives strength, makes great, promotes and gives knowledge and wisdom, all at His pleasure. The Lord controls the hearts of kings, and He also controls times and seasons. He deposes kings and installs others in their place. He is the source of every element in creation, the fountain of life and the fountain of goodness from whom all blessings flow. All hail the true Master of the universe, the Redeemer of mankind and the Savior of the whole world! Our God can empower anyone He likes to become a master of circumstances of life. He gave Joshua the power to control the sun and the moon; He gave His prophets the power to see into the future and control rain from heaven at will; He gave the Apostles the power to heal the sick and raise the dead, and He also gave them authority over demonic powers and natural elements of life. This same God is ready to give you power and authority over all circumstances of life today if you are ready to become a willing tool in His hands. Are you ready to surrender your all to Him?

*PRAYER POINT:*

Father, demonstrate Yourself as the Master of the universe through my life in Jesus’ Name.

*BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:*
2 Samuel 1-2
Ezekiel 38:1-16

*AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE*

HYMN 13: I AM A VICTOR

1. Yes, I know I am a victor
For the Bible tells me so
God made me more than a conqueror
Much stronger than all my foes

CHORUS
Jesus loves me and I love Him
Together we rule the world
Christ with me I will overcome
By His Blood, His Name, His Word

2. Yes, I know I am a victor
Stronger than demons I am
To Satan I am a terror
I am free, o yes, I am
CHORUS

3. Yes, I know I am a victor
Stronger than lack, poverty
All my needs Jesus provides for
I have life abundantly
CHORUS

4. Yes, I know I am a victor
Barrenness no more indeed
Fruitful is the God I live for
All my dreams shall be fulfilled
CHORUS

5. Yes, I know I am a victor
By His strength I shall succeed
No more loss and no more failure
Glory to glory proceed
CHORUS

6. Yes, I know I am a victor
No more sorrow, no despair
Jesus Christ is my own Succour
Tomorrow is joy and cheer
CHORUS

7. Yes, I know I am a victor
Very soon I’ll reign with Him
His promise is my sure anchor
He’s coming to take me home
CHORUS

8. Jesus loves me and I love Him
We rule this world together
As He is so right now I am
Hear me shout Halleluyah
CHORUS

9. Jesus loves me Halleluyah
Hear me shout Halleluyah
Halleluyah, Halleluyah
Glory be to God on high
CHORUS
SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*THE TRAP OF WRONG ASSOCIATION*
22 August, 2019

If the devil wants to destroy a person with a great destiny, all he needs to do is simply connect him with the wrong people.

SCRIPTURE: Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. 1 Corinthians 15:33
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Your association can be your preservation or destruction.

I know a young man who was so anointed to a point where he laid hands on a sick person in the hospital and the power of God surged through the patient, took him from the bed and landed him on the ground, and he got up healed. The young man was not a pastor; he was just a Christian on fire for God. Then he got into a relationship with a lady who had no sound relationship with God, married her and afterwards, the lady became angry about his dedication to God and His work for God. After a short while, she encouraged him to drink alcohol and he stopped going to church.

They would drink and break bottles on each other. Afterwards, he got married to another woman, divorced her and married another. He did not only become a drunkard, he began to do drugs as well. His life is scattered and battered because of one wrong company.

If the devil wants to destroy a person with a great destiny, all he needs to do is simply connect him with the wrong people.

Beloved, your association can be your preservation or destruction. There are people who would not have died were it not for those they were connected to. Associate wisely. Be led by the Spirit of God into relationship.

Remember this: Your association can be your preservation or destruction.
ASSIGNMENT(S):

1. Make demands on God to keep you away from wrong companies.
2. If you are yet to marry, allow the Spirit of God to lead to the right person.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: THE FORCE OF DESTINY
PRAYER: Lord, open my eyes to see those who are positioned by the devil to deviate me from You and Your purpose for my life, and keep me away from them, in Jesus� Name.

DAILY BIBLE READING: Job 4:1 to 7:21, 1 Corinthians 14:18 to 40, Psalm 32:30 to 40, Proverbs 21:27

QUOTE: Association affects acceleration, and can also cause stagnation. Culled from 30 SECRETS TO THE TOP by Dr Paul Enenche.
AMAZING FACT: Goats have rectangular pupils to give them a wide field of vision.

TODAY IN HISTORY: 22/08/2012 Research finds that elderly men pass on more genetic mutations to their children if they become fathers.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: The wrong association with the capacity for destiny destruction shall never survive in your life from henceforth, in Jesus� Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: THURSDAY 22ND AUGUST, 2019*

*TOPIC: THE BILLIONAIRES’ MEETING OF 1923!*
*BASIC SCRIPTURE: PSALM 73:1-22*

I am led to remind you about the famous 1923 Edgewater Beach Hotel meeting which took place in Chicago. It was a meeting of some of the world’s most powerful billionaires. The roll call was intimidating: Charles Schewab – president of the largest independent steel company; Rich Whitney – president of the New York Stock Exchange; 

Albert Fall – member of the US president ‘s cabinet; Arthur Cotton – the greatest wheat speculator; Jesse Livermore – the greatest bear (a person who sells shares) on Wall Street; Leon Fraser – head of the world’s greatest Monopoly; 

Samuel Insull – president of the largest gas company. Collectively, they controlled more than all the wealth in the US Treasury then. Now, the Holy Ghost’s search light in today’s devotional is on the bitter/frustrating end of these rich gurus and the devotional messages are: (1) Becoming rich and famous does not guarantee contentment! (2) Success is not money! (3) *Since we cannot get what we like, let us like what we get!*

In this second half of 2019, consider the end of all the powerful men listed above:

After living on borrowed money for the last five years of his life, Mr. Schwab died penniless; Samuel Insull too died a destitute, a fugitive from justice and in a foreign country. He ended up with insanity. Mr. Cotton, despite his vast wealth from wheat, died penniless and outside his country. 

Richard Whitney and Albert Fall ended up in prison; lastly, Livermore and Fraser committed suicide! *Oh truly, there is no fire like passion and there is no torrent like greed!* Why are you envying others, pitying yourself or blaming God? David made the same mistake till God showed him the end of the wicked (Psalm 73:17).

*A wealthy lawyer once said he would gladly trade everything he had for a change in the behaviour of his sons. Is it not true that there are blessings money cannot buy?* In this second half of the year, thank God for where you are and you will get to where you should be! *ODM MOBILE APP UPGRADE!*

*We tested it for 3 months! Now we are upgrading for final PERFECTION till September. The final WORLD CLASS APP begins September! Please bear with us! Wow!*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take your best song to God.
1. Thank God for the Word and pray on it as led now.
2. Lord, baptize my destiny with Your holy fire in Jesus name.
3. I command any unholy desire in me that will destroy my destiny and future to die now, in Jesus name.
4. Still pray about this second half of 2019 as led.
5. *Worship the Lord again for His mercy blessings which money cannot buy.* Bind depression, sorrow and self-pity.
6. Pray about today now. Pray the morning, afternoon and evening devotional prayers. See pages 7-9 now.

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: JEREMIAH 4-7*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CE
THE LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Thursday, August 22, 2019

TOPIC: GENUINE REPENTANCE
Read Luke 22:60-62

60. And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately, while he yet spake, the cock crew.

61. And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
62. And Peter went out, and wept bitterly.

MEMORISE:

For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death (2 Corinthians 7:10)

EXPOSITION

John the Baptist came into the country of Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. When an individual is confronted with the reality of his sinful nature and the certainty of hell, if he is not a reprobate, he would mourn for his woes. The best way to mourn for one's sins is to confess and forsake them.
When Peter realised that he did not fulfil his promise not to ever deny Jesus Christ, the Bible says, '... he went out, and wept bitterly' (Matt. 26:75).

This is what we call genuine repentance and it has its blessings. Proverbs 28:13-14 says, 'He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy. Happy is the man who is always reverent, but he who hardens his heart will fall into calamity'. In Luke 18:11-14, the Pharisee went to the temple, only to begin to eulogise himself about all his good deeds. The Publican, on the other hand, smote his heart and mourned for his sins. Some of us have been so self-conceited for long that we have piled-up sins that are now standing on our ways of spiritual revival.

Beloved of the Lord, let us examine ourselves and see where we are falling short of God's grace for living holy. Let us repent genuinely and come back to our first love.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Father, I need a revival of holiness; please revive me again.
2. Lord, revive the people of this country to erode all forms of sinful tendencies from our society.
3. Lord, please give me the grace to practice genuine repentance greater than Peter's.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Psalms 62:2 - 66:18; Romans 13:5 - 14:12
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM