The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Tuesday 20th August
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

TUESDAY, 20TH AUGUST

BUILD YOUR LIFE WITH THE WORD

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever (1 Peter 1:23).

Christianity is an exciting life—a life of victory through the Word. In true Christianity, you don’t need to struggle to please God, because the Holy Spirit helps you live the faith life that pleases Him. All you have to do is pay attention to Him through the Word. Live in, and by His Word.

When you live according to the Word of God, you won’t need to keep watching your life to know whether or not you’re pleasing God. It takes faith to please Him (Hebrews 11:6), and faith is acting on the Word.

The Lord Jesus described for us the life and wisdom of the one who acts on God’s Word. According to the Master, “He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock” (Luke 6:48).

It parallels what James 1:22-25 says: “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.”

When your life is built on the Word, you’ll forever stand strong and tall, even in the midst of the harshest of storms. The Word of God will make you what God wants you to be, without you having to struggle. Remember the words of Jesus in Matthew 4:19; He said, “...Follow me and I will make you fishers of men.” All they had to do was to follow, and He’ll make them a success. The Word will keep you in health, strength, and victory, and you’ll experience unprecedented progress, peace and prosperity in your life

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for your gracious, enlightening, and inspiring Word, which continually builds me up and sets me on an upward course. I’m completely yielded to the ministry of the Word, in study and meditation; therefore, I walk in health, strength, and victory, peace and prosperity, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

1 Peter 1:25; Acts 20:32; Luke 6:48-49 NIV
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
1 Corinthians 5 & Psalms 117-118

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 17:31-37 & 1 Samuel 5-6
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: TUESDAY 20TH AUGUST 2019

THEME: YOU ARE NOT THERE YET.

MEMORISE:

Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12

READ: Philippians 3:10-16

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

In today’s Bible reading, Apostle Paul’s example stands as a shining light on the importance of the role that our mind-set plays in determining whether we succeed or fail in life. His persistence and tenacity contributed to his success, coupled with a mind-set that was content but not complacent. Till he went home to be with the Lord, he was ever desirous of attaining new heights in God, regardless of his prior achievements. Like Paul, we should realize that it is not over until it is truly over. Many of us seem to be celebrating the victory we are yet to win, relaxing as if we have arrived. Beloved, I am using this medium to tell you that believers in Christ are continuous “work-in-progress” in the hands of the Almighty. Therefore, run the Christian race with the mindset that is never complacent, always remembering the words of the Holy Spirit in 1 Corinthians 10:12, saying:

“Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.”

Beware of the spirit of pride and all the subtle ways it manifests itself. If given room to operate, pride will stop you from seeing yourself as a work-in-progress that needs to be examined and re-examined from time to time before the day of delivery and commissioning. Let Jesus remain your Master-builder and allow Him work on you until you see him in glory.

If we look at our Christian race in the light of sporting activities and apply the lessons learnt to our lives, it will give us a fair understanding of how well we are faring in our journey. We should not be athletes who are satisfied to just participate and enjoy the support and encouragement of spectators. Our ultimate goal should be to make heaven and receive the crown of righteousness, and so we must be prepared to undergo vigorous training in the word of God and persevere through the process of sanctification. Like the eagle, we should focus on our flight to heaven and ignore the multitude around us. Our minds must be fixed on the crown of righteousness and the glory that awaits the saints in heaven. So that we can go through our course in this world with joy. Let us submit ourselves to the discipline, control and regimented lifestyle required of us from time to time by our divinely appointed Coach, who is the Holy Spirit, and strive to live by the mind-set enunciated in Philippians 3:13-14, which says:

“Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”

God bless you as you do so. Amen.

PRAYER POINT:

Father, help me to always be focused on the ultimate goal of making heaven, in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 26-28
Ezekiel 36:33-37:14

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 12: DEEPER, DEEPER IN THE LOVE OF JESUS

1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
o Refrain:
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.

2. Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.

3. Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.

4. Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.

5. Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*LIVING A LIE � A HIGHWAY TO DESTRUCTION*

20 August, 2019

Until you open your life to God, God does not open your destiny to you.

SCRIPTURE: And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. Genesis 32:27-28

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Until you open your life to God, God does not open your destiny to you.
Our anchor Scripture confirms that the admission of truth is one of the factors that determine the fulfilment of destiny. When Jacob�s father asked Jacob who he was at the time he wanted to get the blessing, he said that he was Esau (Genesis 27:32). That was a lie. But when the angel asked him who he was, he had to open up to the angel by saying that he was Jacob. That truth led him into destiny fulfilment.

Today, we live in a generation where many people live a lie in everything. Some people get involved in an arranged marriage in order to travel abroad, some people forge documents in order to get a job. For some people, the different parts of their body are mobile lies. Sometime ago, I heard that a woman did an artificial silicone implant of the breast and while she was in an aircraft travelling, one of the breasts exploded in the aircraft. What vanity!

Beloved, take note of the following:
a. Until you open your life to God, God does not open your destiny to you.
b. Cover-up is the way to a closed life. Truth is key to triumph. Until people are set for the truth, they are not set for their future.

Beloved, you should be able to open up to God and say, �Lord, I lie, I cheat, I deceive, I masturbate, I am a lesbian, a homosexual, a smoker, or a drunkard,� if that is what you find yourself in. Tell God, �Lord, I know this can destroy my life and take me to hell. Lord, please help me destroy this wrong desire.� Ask God for mercy and He will intervene, change you and open up your destiny.
Remember this: Until you open your life to God, God does not open your destiny to you.

ASSIGNMENT(S):

1. If you have committed a sin, confess it and ask God for mercy.
2. Live a life free of sin; live with the consciousness of eternity.
3. Make demands on God for the grace to walk in righteousness.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: PATHWAY TO DESTINY

PRAYER: Lord, have mercy on me. Lead me away from things that keep me from You, and separate me from those things that hinder me from accessing Your glory, Lord, in Jesus� Name.

DAILY BIBLE READING: Esther 8:1 to 10:3, 1 Corinthians 12:27 to 13:13, Psalm 37:1 to 11, Proverbs 21:23 to 24

QUOTE: When you begin to enjoy sin, God turns His eyes away from you. Culled from 15 KINGDOM STRATEGIES FOR SURVIVAL by Dr Paul Enenche.

TODAY IN HISTORY: 20-08-1917 � Kenneth Erwin Hagin, an American preacher known as Apostle of the "Word of Faith" movement, was born in McKinney, Texas.

AMAZING FACT: Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke, a German Pentecostal evangelist was born again at the age of nine after his mother spoke with him about a sin that he had committed. He left for missionary work in Africa at the age of 10 and said that he had the experience of Baptism in the Holy Spirit. He is the son of a pastor and ex-serviceman in the German Army; he has overseen 75 million recorded conversions to Christ.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: Grace for total deliverance from a life of falsehood is released upon you, in Jesus� Name.

DON�T FORGET TO ATTEND: The Power-packed Communion Service tomorrow with friends and loved ones for the preservation of your life and destiny by 5:30pm. God bless you as you come
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: TUESDAY 20TH AUGUST, 2019*
*TOPIC: AVOID DISTRACTIONS! DON’T MISS YOUR TIMING!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: LUKE 1:5-17*

The story of Zechariah and Elizabeth is one that should encourage every believer in pressing on the Christian race. As we progress in today’s devotional, be reminded of the story below which was highlighted some years ago:

A man of God standing in the office of the prophet, with a strong prophetic anointing with signs following, was in a meeting when he was directed by the Holy Ghost to look towards a seat which a particular woman always sat during the meetings. However, on that particular evening in the course of ministration, he noticed that the seat was empty. Then he saw an angel who brought two babies (twins) to that empty chair.

Unfortunately, the lady was not there. The following day, the prophet, who did not know much about the woman, asked her what her problem was and why she had not turned up for the meeting the previous day. She confirmed that her problem had been barrenness of a long duration, but that the previous day, *a sharp quarrel with her husband had prevented her from coming to the programme.* It was a great tragedy! She missed the day of her visitation.

Now back to Zechariah and Elizabeth – what if on the day Angel Gabriel brought the good tidings of the birth of John the Baptist, Zechariah was not at the temple (church)? He would probably have missed his timing for an age-long, desired blessing!

In this 2nd half of 2019, the Holy Ghost is using today’s devotional to warn: Avoid distraction that keep you away from important appointments, work, school, church, prayer meetings, fasting programmes and things that would make your life to move forward. That church programme or occasion you want to miss may just be your time of visitation and breakthrough.

*IF YOU MAKE YOUR FOCUS YOUR FOCUS, YOU WOULD SOON BECOME THE FOCUS OF MEN!*
*Wow! Follow me on my personal instagram handle - @ourdailymanna_bishopchris, my Facebook PAGE: bishop chris kwakpovwe ODM and personal Twitter: ODM_DrChris, ODM official instagram handle @ourdailymannaonline, Facebook official: our daily manna, Twitter: TweetODM*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take your best worship song to God now.
1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
2. I command all satanic plans to make me miss my blessings in this 2nd half of 2019 through distraction; dry up now in Jesus name.
3. Lord, do not let me be absent on the day of my visitation.
4. Pray the morning, afternoon and evening devotional prayers on pages 7-9 today and DAILY.
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: ISAIAH 64-66*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (
LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - World Humanitarian Day

TRY HIS LIKENESS
READ: Proverbs 21:25-26

Proverbs 21:25-26 The desire of the slothful kills him, for his hands refuse to labor.

He covets greedily all the day long, but the [uncompromisingly] righteous gives and does not withhold.

MEMORISE: He covets greedily all the day long, but the [uncompromisingly] righteous gives and does not withhold. (Proverbs 21:26)

EXPOSITION

One good thing we must not be tried of, is giving, especially to God, the poor, widow's and our neighbours (cf. Gal. 6:9). The cake the widow of Zarephath gave Elijah opened her door to abundance. If she had stopped at that, her miracle would have expired long before the end of the famine. She kept making cakes for Elijah daily for the entire period (cf. Jas. 2:14). Abraham's hospitality to those visitors in Genesis 18 gave him the specific time to the solution to his long-term problem.

King Solomon sacrificed 1000 cows (1 Kings 3:4-15) and the doors of wealth, wisdom and honour were opened unto him. In 1 Kings 8:63, he gave God offering of 22,000 oxen. He continued to increase in wealth because he sustained his giving.

God is looking for those who would be His treasurers and channels of blessings. As He finds them, He will put on them financial blessing, so that they can bless others in need. God in John 3:16 had done it all! Try His likeness in your capacity as a man. According to today's Bible reading, the righteous man is identified by his giving. The one who always gives never lacks what to give. There is no limit to what you can give, provided your motive is right. As you go out today, replicate Jesus' gesture of giving to all and sundry.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Father, destroy the spirit of callousness in us all, so that we can enjoy the blessings in giving.
2. Lord, help our leaders to make the care of their followers a matter of priority.
3. Lord, empower us to do that which will please You; to give unto others joyfully as You have given unto us Your only begotten Son.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: PSSLMS 51:12-56:10; ROMANS 11:18-12:3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM