The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional For Sunday 18th August
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

SUNDAY, 18TH AUGUST

THE TIME IS SHORT

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken (Luke 21:25-26).

Deliberate cruelty, violence, terrorism, man’s viciousness and inhumanity to his fellow man, are on the rise today. Statistics show that not only is the world more wicked and in a more desperate situation, the pressures of life are greater today than ever before.

This is a clear indication that we’re in the last days, which Jesus gave us a hint about in our opening scripture. World leaders remain perplexed and completely at a loss as to how to solve these myriads of problems. Sadly, more and more people are looking up to them for answers or for solutions, which they surely can’t provide. But we have the answer: the solution is Christ and His glorious Gospel.

Jesus said, “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come” (Matthew 24:14). He didn’t tell us that everybody will believe; but it’s our job to tell the whole world. We’ll be held accountable for the information at our disposal.

Therefore, we must, with unfettered urgency of the Spirit, preach the Gospel to the whole world. The dark places of the earth are filled with the habitations of cruelty, but we’re the light to a dark world. We bear the light of the Gospel. Therefore, light up your world with the Gospel.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:16, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father, which is in heaven.” In Mark 16:15, He further emphasized, “...Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature.” Take this mandate seriously.

Your dreams must go beyond yourself; take up the course of the Gospel. Put in your time, resources and energy, and preach it with much urgency until it reaches the ends of the earth!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for the privilege of preaching and proclaiming the Gospel, which is your power unto salvation, to all men. I declare that the Gospel spreads evermore, permeating homes, schools, and institutions, convicting the hearts of many and turning them to righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Psalm 67:2 TLB; Mark 16:15-16; 2 Timothy 4:2
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
1 Corinthians 3 &Psalms 109-112

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 17:11-19 & 1 Samuel 3
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SUNDAY 18TH AUGUST 2019

THEME: BIG THINGS START SMALL.

MEMORISE:

Though thy beginning was small, yet thy latter end should greatly increase. Job 8:7

READ: Mark 4:30-32

30 And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?

31 It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:

32 But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.

Today we live in a world that glorifies things of great proportions, with a special attraction for gigantic projects. Anything that is not massive, huge, tremendous or colossal does not seem to catch the attention of the current generation. In the common parlance of the 21st century, things that turn people’s heads usually stat with the word “mega”, like mega-corporations, megastores, megacities, mega-churches, and so on. Because society is so obsessed with all things mega, small things have become unattractive and inconsequential to a lot of people. People nowadays despise the days of little beginnings and deride small things. However, as people of God’s kingdom, our culture is different. Zechariah 4:10a states our creed as follows:

“Do not despise these small beginnings, for the LORD rejoices to see the work begin…….”

Every great work of God usually starts small, beginning sometimes only as a vision in the mind of a faithful servant of God. In this sense, the mustard seed in today’s Bible reading is a perfect example of a small beginning. Although a mustard seed is very small, measuring only about 1 or 2 millimeters, when it is sown, it grows into a tree of about 3meters high. This is a 3000% increase in size! I prophesy according to the word of the Lord coming to you now, no matter how small your beginning is, your latter end will increase tremendously in the Name of Jesus.

In God’s dealings with man, there have been so many stories of little beginnings becoming great. Usually, in the days of small things, critics are numerous, unleashing vicious condemnation without reservation. The heaven –appointed builder is typically tagged a dreamer and made to face ridicule and mockery. Many times, the voice of critics will ring through repeatedly, saying that the dream being pursued is not achievable. Be careful not to pay attention to their words because there is no truth in them. Their objective is to cause discouragement and make you lose focus. In spite of such pessimistic verbal attacks and threats, Zerubbabel zealously pressed on with the work of rebuilding God’s temple in Jerusalem (Ezra 3-5, Haggai 1-2, Zechariah 4). Be assured that the glorious completion of your assignment will put to shame all those who scorned its small beginning. To the glory of God, The Redeemed Christian Church of God is a good example of how God can make a mustard seed grow to become a tree greater than all herbs with great branches. Just be faithful in the little that God has committed into your hands. Do not despise the days of small beginnings. If you are holy, diligent, prayerful and focused, the Lord will crown all your efforts with resounding success and make your latter end to increase beyond measure, according to His word.

ACTION POINT:

Restate your firm commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and to the cause of His Kingdom.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 20-21
Ezekiel 34:25-35:15

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 9: IN CHRIST ALONE

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
'Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*RELEASING THE OLD TO ESTABLISH THE NEW*

18 August, 2019

Until the person you used to be dies, the person you are meant to be cannot live. The truth is, there is a person God has in mind for you to be. There is an anointing you can never step into until something in you goes.

SCRIPTURE: And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel:� Genesis 32:28.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Until the person you used to be dies, the person you are meant to be cannot live.

In our anchor Scripture, we see that when Jacob was about to shift to another phase of his life, he was asked one of the most vital questions in life by the angel: �What is your name?� and he replied: �My name is Jacob� (Genesis 32:27). Now, remember that before this time, his father also asked him, �Who are you?� when he was about to receive the blessing (Genesis 27:32), and he said that he was Esau. When he told the angel that his name was Jacob, a supplanter, the angel seemed to say, �You are neither Jacob nor Esau; 
Jacob is a bad name, and the Esau you claimed to be when you wanted to receive the blessing was a lie. Your name shall be called Israel (Genesis 32:28).� There was a change of identity before he was launched into his destiny. Jacob was the person he used to be but Israel was the person he was meant to be.

Now, take note of the following:

i. Until the old you goes, the new you will not emerge.
ii. Those who hold on to the old never lay hold of the new.
iii. Until the person you used to be dies, the person you are meant to be cannot live. The truth is, there is a person God has in mind for you to be. There is an anointing you can never step into until something in you goes.
So, until the �Jacob� in you dies, the �Israel� in you cannot live; liberty and destiny cannot be expressed, and capacity cannot be enlarged.
Beloved, the �Jacob� could be a deceptive lifestyle, immorality, financial fraud, bitterness, etc; let it give way to a new you according to God�s desire and you are set to fulfil destiny.
Remember this: Until the person you used to be dies, the person you are meant to be cannot live.

ASSIGNMENT(S):

1. Desist from every lifestyle that is preventing the manifestation of God�s purpose and power in your life.
2. If your name has an evil connotation, you can consider a physical change of name.
3. Make demands on God for a change of identity at the place of prayer; let the old you die completely.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: PATHWAY TO DESTINY
PRAYER: O Lord, have Your way in my life. Crush every habit in me that hinders your power and purpose for my life, Lord, in Jesus� Name.
DAILY BIBLE READING: Esther 1:1 to 3:15, 1 Corinthians 11:17 to 34, Psalm 35:17 to 28, Proverbs 21:19 to 20

QUOTE: Integrity compels audacity and iniquity invites calamity. Culled from 15 KINGDOM STRATEGIES FOR SURVIVAL by Dr Paul Enenche.
AMAZING FACT: The largest eye on the planet belongs to the colossal squid, and measures around 27cm across.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: The grace to identify the �Jacob� in you and the grace to release it out of your life is released, in Jesus� Name.
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: SUNDAY 18TH AUGUST, 2019*

*TOPIC: THE FROG AND THE BOILING WATER!*
*BASIC SCRIPTURE: ROMANS 12:14-21*

Put a frog into a vessel filled with water and start heating the water. As the temperature of the water begins to rise, the frog adjusts its body temperature accordingly. 

The frog keeps adjusting its body temperature with the increasing temperature of the water. Just when the water is about to reach boiling point, the frog cannot adjust anymore. At this point, the frog decides to jump out. The frog tries to jump but it is unable to do so because it has lost all its strength in adjusting to the rising temperature. Very soon, the frog dies. What killed the frog? The general answer would be: The boiling water! But the truth about what killed the frog was *its own ability to decide when to jump out.*

We all need to FORGIVE, ENDURE, BE LONG SUFFERING, etc, with people and situations, but you need to be sure when you need to GET OUT and MOVE ON! Today’s scripture, Vs. 18 says: “If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.” Note: *“If it be possible.”* You cannot be at peace with everyone, because A LOT of the QUALITY OF PEACE you enjoy in such relationships, depends on others also – not just you! That was why Paul wrote: *“IF IT BE POSSIBLE,* as much as lieth in yo!” So, there are times when people around you are the determinants of peace or war! Jump out of anybody who is REDUCING you instead of increasing you! There are times when those around you become TOXIC and not a blessing! At such times, you need to face the situation and take decisive actions.

If you allow people to manipulate, exploit, use or abuse you physically, emotionally, financially, spiritually or mentally, they will continue to do so. Jump out of such relationships while you are still alive and have the strength to do so! Yes! Jump out now before REGRETS and HAD-I-KNOWN become your daily songs! Learn from the frog in the boiling water! Pray now! *(Note: If a spouse is involve, please see your pastor first before jumping out or see me at the Manna Mountain Ogudu-Orioke Lagos, for further counsel any Sunday, 8am).*
*Follow me Dialy on my INSTAGRAM HANDLE: ourdailymanna_bishopchris, my Facebook PAGE: bishop chris kwakpovwe ODM and my personal Twitter: ODM_DrChris.*

*PRAYER POINTS* Take any song of victory as led!
1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
2. My Father, my Father, search and X-RAY every man or woman around my life, family and ministry; SHAKE AWAY anyone who will DRY UP my destiny in Jesus name.
3. I receive GRACE to JUMP OUT of any relationship that is POISONOUS to my star in Jesus name.
4. Lord God, turn my past failures, mistakes and errors to fortune in Jesus name.
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: ISAIAH 58-60*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/AUTHOR AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF_
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH

THE LIVING WATER {July ~ Dec., 2019}

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Sunday, August 18, 2019

TOPIC: BE OPTIMISTIC
Read Micah 7:1-8

1. Woe is me! for I am as when they have gathered the summer fruits, as the grapegleanings of the vintage: there is no cluster to eat: my soul desired the firstripe fruit.
2. The good man is perished out of the earth: and there is none upright among men: they all lie in wait for blood; they hunt every man his brother with a net.
3. That they may do evil with both hands earnestly, the prince asketh, and the judge asketh for a reward; and the great man, he uttereth his mischievous desire: so they wrap it up.
4. The best of them is as a brier: the most upright is sharper than a thorn hedge: the day of thy watchmen and thy visitation cometh; now shall be their perplexity.
5. Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide: keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom.
6. For the son dishonoureth the father, the daughter riseth up against her mother, the daughter in law against her mother in law; a man's enemies are the men of his own house.
7. Therefore I will look unto the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me.
8. Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.

MEMORISE: Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; when I fall, I will arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me (Micah 7:8)

EXPOSITION

Things may seem not favourable to you, today. It doesn't mean it is all over with you. What matters is the state of your mind. The law of correspondence states, "What goes on within is what goes on without" (cf. Matt. 12:34b); the more reason you should believe that good things are on the way, despite your present situation (Psa. 30:5b). The good God is always at work.

At a time, Israel's enemies were mocking her because of her precarious situation. Yet, Israel did not allow her enemy's mockery to weigh her down. Having realised that her sins brought her the suffering, she repented, and God forgave her, promising her the times of refreshing. In our memory scripture, Prophet Micah spoke optimistically on behalf of the nation, believing that their downfall would not be their end. Your precarious situation today is not the end of your life. You just need to be optimistic in the Lord.

You must possess the inner capacity to live beyond your present situation. Do not allow what you experience to take charge of your thinking faculty. Learn to think positive and utter positive, Bible-based words, even if the reverse is the case (cf. Psa. 118:17). Christians are expected to walk by faith, not by sight. Goodness and mercy are following Christians all the days of their lives (2 Cor. 5:7; Ps. 23:6). If you are of God, He will never allow your sorrowful situation to prevail over you (Psa. 37:23-24). Let your thoughts and words agree to what God says about you, regardless of your present situation, or what the devil says. The Lord's word is that "you will surely rise again" (Prov. 24:16).

PRAYER POINTS

1. No matter the situation today, my future will be better than today, in Jesus' name.
2. Lord, grant me the capacity to live above my feelings and situation today.
3. Lord, continue to uphold me with Your right hand of righteousness in the midst of the challenges of life.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Psalms 44:6 - 48:5; Romans 9:28 - 10:16
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM