The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional For Saturday 17th August
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

SATURDAY, 17TH AUGUST

BEYOND HUMAN ABILITIES

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power (1 Corinthians 2:4).

That you have a gift of the gab or have your way with words doesn’t mean you’ll be able to persuade sinners to be saved or turn them to righteousness. Beyond one’s intellectual prowess, charisma or ability to persuade others with enticing words, there’s a spirituality of ministry that must be understood.

Being an effective Christian or minister of the Gospel has nothing to do with your human ability; your ability and competence must be by the Spirit! The Spirit, through the Apostle Paul, expresses this clearly for us in 2 Corinthians 3:5-6: “Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant--not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life” (NIV).

Life in the Kingdom, and our service to God, have to be by faith, through the power of the Holy Spirit. That’s why the greatest sermons in the world may never change anybody’s life. The wisest words may never change the hardest of hearts. The greatest communicators of the world may never be able to go into the deepest core of the human nature, no matter how smartly they communicate; no matter their choice of words! Without the Holy Spirit, it’ll all be lifeless.

It’s the Spirit that “quickeneth”; that means gives life. Zechariah 4:6 says, “...Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.” Hallelujah! 1 Corinthians 4:20 (NKJV) declares, “For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power”; the power of the Holy Ghost!

Prioritise fellowship with the Holy Spirit and meditation on the Word. That’s where you get more acquainted with Him to know His will, with power to walk accordingly, and be an effective witness for the Lord.

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for making me an effective witness for Christ; my competence is born of you to preach the unsearchable riches of Christ. My words are operative, efficacious, productive, fruitful and potent with grace, producing righteousness in the hearts of sinners, and bringing them to the true and accurate knowledge of your love, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

2 Corinthians 3:5-6 AMPC; Philippians 4:13 AMPC
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
1 Corinthians 2 & Psalms 107-108

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 17:1-10 & 1 Samuel 2

#TALKINGSESSION

17TH AUGUST.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD

Dear Father, I thank You for the investment of Your Word in me, and the training that I receive through the Spirit, which has helped me form an excellent character. I recognize and take advantage of Your grace in me to do more, and attain higher heights
of greatness.

I thank You for granting me the grace to receive and believe the Gospel of Christ, which is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes. I thank You for separating me from the destructions that ruin men’s lives, and the judgment of this world. I am identified with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection, and now walk in newness of life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SATURDAY 17TH AUGUST 2019

THEME: COUNTING THE COST.

MEMORISE:

For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? Luke 14:28

READ: Hebrews 11:8-16

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

12 Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Our Lord Jesus Christ did not impulsively come to the earth to die for our sins, He carefully considered all it would cost Him to accomplish this difficult task (Hebrews 10:5-70). He considered the cost of leaving His throne in heaven, with an innumerable company of angels at his beck and call, to live on earth as one having nowhere to lay His head (Luke 9:58). He considered the agony of rejection He would go through at the hands of those He came to save. He considered the sorrow of having those He healed, cleansed and raised back to life crying “Crucify Him!” Above all, he considered the pain of becoming sin, hanging on a cross and being separated from His Father. Shedding more light on this, the Holy Spirit says in Philippians 2:5-8:

“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.”

Having considered the cost of all this and much more, Jesus still chose to go through it all because of the joy of our salvation that was set before Him (Hebrews 12:3). What a wonderful Savior we have! The Holy Spirit is admonishing us to have the same mind, which counts the cost of a task before undertaking it.

The lives of many Bible characters also reflects the principle of counting the cost. Abraham is one example; he never once thought of going back to his native country after leaving it. He properly understood God’s instructions and followed through without looking back. Also, the four Hebrews boys were well aware of what was at stake the moment they got of Babylon. They quickly counted the cost, and in Daniel 1:8, we are told that Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego made a commitment to God that cost them the right to the king’s delicacies. Because they had counted the cost and made a firm commitment to follow through, they dared the fiery furnace and the lion’s den. The good news is that when we made up our minds with a strong commitment to serve the Lord at all cost, it attracts great rewards from heaven. Count the cost of going all the way with Jesus, surrendering all to Him and living holy, and then make a firm commitment to serve God’ no matter what it takes.

ACTION POINT:

Restate your firm commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and to the cause of His Kingdom.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 20-21
Ezekiel 34:25-35:15

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 9: IN CHRIST ALONE

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
'Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*SURRENDERING OF STRENGTH AND THE FULFILMENT OF DESTINY*

Saturday  17th August, 2019

So, beloved, if you want to prevail with God and fulfil destiny, you must surrender your strength; you must surrender whatever can make you boast, whatever is the secret of your pride � it maybe your skills, wisdom, beauty, achievements, etc. Surrender anything you are counting on in order to see the one that God can give you.

SCRIPTURE: And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: If you want to prevail with God, you must surrender your strength.
Genesis 32:24-28 gives us the account of Jacob�s experience at the verge of receiving a breakthrough unto destiny fulfilment. That was the point where he finally rode on the wings of the blessing and overcame the power of perpetual struggle that characterised his life and destiny. 

When the angel wrestled with Jacob and could not prevail, the Bible says that he touched the hollow of Jacob�s thigh and it went out of place (Genesis 32:25). Now, the thigh bone or the femur is by most measure, the strongest bone in the body. It makes us to stand erect and walk. That was where God had to weaken in order to prevail with Jacob, and when Jacob surrendered his strength, the blessing (power) for destiny fulfilment came on him.

So, beloved, if you want to prevail with God and fulfil destiny, you must surrender your strength; you must surrender whatever can make you boast, whatever is the secret of your pride � it maybe your skills, wisdom, beauty, achievements, etc. Surrender anything you are counting on in order to see the one that God can give you. The reason why most people do not see what God has for them is because they are too possessed with what they think they have; they are too impressed with themselves as well as their skills, wisdom.

Please note the following:
a. Surrender is key to destiny.
b. Surrender is key to success in life.
c. Surrender is key to survival. It is not possible to do well in life until there is surrender to God.
Remember this: If you want to prevail with God, you must surrender your strength.
ASSIGNMENT(S):

1. Surrender your life and all you think you have completely to God.
2. Make demands on the grace to lay everything down on the altar of God at the place of prayer.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: PATHWAY TO DESTINY
PRAYER: Lord, I surrender all to You. Draw me close to You and let me be completely lost in You so I can fulfil my destiny on earth, Lord, in Jesus� Name.

DAILY BIBLE READING: Nehemiah 12: 27 to 13:31, 1 Corinthians 11:1 to 16, Psalm 35:1 to 16, Proverbs 21:17 to 28
QUOTE: Deficiency and shortage in life is a product of existing independent of God. Culled from 21 FOOLISH THINGS PEOPLE DO by Dr Paul Enenche.
AMAZING FACT: Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: As you surrender your strength unto God in this season, fresh dimension of Blessing and power is released on you in Jesus� Name.

DON�T FORGET TO ATTEND: The Sunday Service by 9:00am tomorrow. Endeavour to come to Church with your friends and loved ones. God bless you
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: SATURDAY 17TH AUGUST, 2019*

*TOPIC: THE VIETNAM RAT PLAGUE!*
*BASIC SCRIPTURE: JOEL 2:18-27*

Remember the COBRA EFFECT? (the unintended consequence for a well-intentioned idea leading to making the problem worse). Note that every solution has consequences and those consequences may lead to certain situations where rather than solving a current problem, you may end up with more complex problems. Years ago, the rulers in Vietnam realized that there were too many rats in the city of Hanoi which led to the spread of the rat plague – the BUBONIC plague – caused by bacteria transmitted by rats! They created a reward program that paid a prize for each rat killed. To obtain the reward, people would provide the severed tail of a rat.

After initial success, the officials however, started noticing the rats with no tails. The rat catchers would capture the rats, cut off their tails, and then release them back into the gutters so that they could breed and produce more rats, thereby increasing the profit of the rat catchers. So, the good intention of government produced more rats! What an irony! *I call it, THE BOOMERANG or BACKFIRE SYNDROME –* when your good intentions BACKFIRE against you because you are human! And we all have passed through that road once or twice! Indeed, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, but the outcome is PAIN!

The Holy Ghost wants you to do a check-up on your life, family and ministry today! What are the past decisions that became your LAND OF PAIN? 

He is sending me to announce to you that THERE SHALL BE RESTORATION! See Joel 2:21 – “Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice:, for the LORD will do great things.” No matter that REGRET in your heart, FEAR NOT! Great things will come out of every past error! Ah, see Vs. 25 – “And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm…” All past decisions that BACKFIRED will REFIRE by the Holy Ghost! He is a Specialist in turning failure to fortune!

*IT TAKES A YEAR TO PREPARE FOR THE JANUARY WORLD ANOINTING NIGHT. LET GOD USE YOU! PEOPLE’S TESTIMONIES SHALL PROVOKE YOUR OWN. SOW Your World Anointing Night seed to: MANNA MIRACLE MOUNTAIN MINISTRY (JWAN) UBA ACCOUNT NUMBER: 
1015310823 or into any account on page 29 of this booklet.*
*PRAYER POINTS:* Take Song 1: What A Friend We Have In Jesus…
1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
2. Lord God, turn my past failures, mistakes, errors or BACKFIRED DECISIONS to fortune in Jesus name.
3. Holy Ghost, reverse every EVIL BOOMERANG now in Jesus name.
4. My MAKER, do GREAT THINS from every BITTER STORY OF MY LIFE, family and ministry in Jesus name.
5. I stretch forth my hands now and I receive RESTORATION of ALL that I lost in my past!
6. I stretch forth my hands now and I receive the LATTER and FORMER rain in ONE SEASON in Jesus name!

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: ISAIAH 55-57*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/AUTHOR AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
THE LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Saturday, August 17, 2019

TOPIC: I WILL; BE WHOLE
Read Matthew 8:2-4

2. And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
3. And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.
4. And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

MEMORISE: Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed (John 8:36)

EXPOSITION

Jesus is still in the business of meeting people's needs. Just as He came down from heaven to save sinners, went as far as the seaside to rescue Peter and others from labour loss, took a bypass to reach Samaritans through the adulterous Samaritans woman, was sensitive enough to bring down Zacchaeus from the tree, and would not allow multitudes to go away from Him with empty stomach, Jesus is still burdened with our afflictions.

The man in today's devotion thought Jesus did not have concern for him. He knew He was a man of authority and anointed to heal him. However, he wasn't sure, if Jesus could be willing to help him out of his predicament. He wasn't sure Jesus was out to search for people of his calibre. He thought as anointed Saviour, He would not have time for his kind. No wonder he said, if Jesus was willing, He could make him whole.

We feel that way most times. What answer did he get? 'I am willing; be cleansed' (Matt. 8:3). Wholeness in the context of the KJV translates 'heal' (TLB), 'clean' (NIV), 'cleansed and being cured' (AMP). It has a similar connotation to the experience Mariam had when Moses prayed for her. Do you know why Jesus came to the earth as anointed Saviour? He came to meet your very need. No one has ever, and would ever be burdened with problem that surpasses Jesus' power (Isa. 61:1-4). Therefore, be whole.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Oh Lord, it is time to heal our land, like You did in Jericho, in those days.
2. Lord, touch me and make me whole.
3. Lord, visit all the psychiatric homes/hospitals and every home where there are sick people, and perform Your miracles as you did at the pool of Bethsaida.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Psalms 39:2 - 44:5; Romans 9:6 - 9:27
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM