The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Friday 16th August
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

FRIDAY, 16TH AUGUST

DIVINE WISDOM

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding (Proverbs 4:7).

1 Corinthians 1:30 says Christ has been made unto us wisdom; insight granted us by the Spirit of God to understand knowledge. We read in our opening verse: “…with all thy getting, get understanding”; that’s the insight of knowledge. By that, you’ll know how to judge the voices you hear and put the principles of God’s Word together and know what steps to take.

With this divine insight, it makes no difference what your field is—your business or profession—you’ll always be a success! You’ll always talk, act, and live beyond what you see, knowing exactly what to do at any given moment, irrespective of the situation.

Think about this: a group of prophets who had invited Prophet Elisha to come with them to Jordan to get house beams seemed to be in a dilemma. One of them, as he was hewing wood, lost an axe head; a heavy metal. It fell into the river. He cried out to Elisha and said, “...Alas, master! for it was borrowed” (2 Kings 6:5). Then Elisha asked, “Where did it fall?” They then pointed out the exact spot where the metal fell and sank into the waters.

Forthwith, Elisha did something most unusual and unexpected: He cut a stick off a branch, threw it at the spot where the axe head had sunk, and the heavy metal floated to the surface! How did Elisha know what to do to get the metal out?

He had insight of knowledge; spiritual understanding. It’s the will of God for every one of us to function with such divine insight. No wonder He prays that we be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding (Colossians 1:9).

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you, for I’m in Christ, and therefore, endued with an extraordinary amplitude of comprehension, superior mental, as well as supernatural sagacity to excel in all that I do: in my job, business, academics, finances, ministry. My thought-pattern is excellent; my ingenuity, creativity, intuition, sharp-wittedness are beyond the limitations of the human mind, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Ephesians 1:17-18; 1 Corinthians 2:6-7; Isaiah 11:2
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
1 Corinthians 1 & Psalms 104-106

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 16:19-31 & 1 Samuel 1

#TALKINGSESSION

16TH AUGUST.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD

Dear heavenly Father, I thank You for the gift of Your Son, Jesus. He lives in me in His fullness, and in Him I live, move and have my being. No challenge is big enough to weigh me down because I am born of God and complete in Christ. I am alive to God—spirit, soul, and body. There’re no impossibilities with me, for Christ is my sufficiency.

I thank You for giving me Your Word—the infallible instruction manual—for the successful and victorious life in Christ! I live in health, victory, and peace; and I am making progress with giant strides, as I live in Your Word, conscious of its power and ability to transform my life and cause me to excel from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: FRIDAY 16TH AUGUST 2019

THEME: CALLED TO A GLORIOUS CAREER.

MEMORISE:

And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men. Luke 5:10

READ: Luke 5:4-11

4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.

5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.

6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

7 And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.

8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.

9 For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fishes which they had taken:

10 And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men.

11 And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed him.

Mark 10:28-30

28 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.

29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,

30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Peter was one person who made several efforts in life but failed. On one occasion, he toiled all night long but did not catch a single fish. However, the day Peter met Jesus was the day his story changed for good, as the yoke of frustration was broken in his life. On that very day, he had thrown his nets into the sea several time and caught nothing, everything changed for him. There are many people who have worked very hard with nothing to show for it. Many have been struggling with their God-given assignment in life, and despite all their best efforts, the results are not impressive. We must realize that outstanding all-round success cannot be achieved by human efforts alone; we need to enter into a partnership with God by launching into the deep at His command. Jesus said in John 15:5:

“I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.”

Launching into the deep does not always mean venturing out into new grounds. It can also mean remaining at your duty post as a believer, doing all that God expects you to do at all times, such as sharing the good news of salvation. God wants us to be passionate about getting the lost to experience the salvation of the cross because He wants everyone to be saved.

Preaching the word of God activates the power in the word. God’s word can be used to create, bless, transform and also to destroy the devil’s activities in people’s lives it was the spoken word that transformed Peter from being a fisher man to becoming a fisher of men. Peter realized that the Lord’s word was the source of the remarkable change in his life, and so he knew he could not afford to let go of Jesus. After he managed to bring his boat to land, he turned his back on it, forsaking all to follow Jesus. Up until that moment, that boat symbolized his security and livelihood, because fishing was his life. He however chose to put an end to his struggles and pursue after Christ with great passion. What are those things hindering you from preaching God’s word? You would do well to become wise like Peter by holding on to the One who has your interest and permanent security at heart. If you are doing God’s will the way it should be done, you will never have to worry, because He is the Great Provider who will always meet your needs. Hallelujah!

PRAYER POINT:

Father, fill my mouth with Your words as I open it up to declare Your gospel, in Jesus Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 18-19
Ezekiel 34:11-24

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 15: MUST I GO, AND EMPTY-HANDED

1. “Must I go, and empty-handed,”
Thus my dear Redeemer meet?
Not one day of service give Him,
Lay no trophy at His feet?

Chorus:
“Must I go, and empty-handed?”
Must I meet my Savior so?
Not one soul with which to greet Him:
Must I empty-handed go?

2. Not at death I shrink nor falter,
For my Savior saves me now;
But to meet Him empty-handed,
Thought of that now clouds my brow.

Chorus:

3. O the years in sinning wasted;
Could I but recall them now,
I would give them to my Savior,
To His will I’d gladly bow.

Chorus:

4. O ye saints, arouse, be earnest,
Up and work while yet ’tis day;
Ere the night of death o’ertake thee,
Strive for souls while still you may.
*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*DESPERATION FOR CHANGE � A PATHWAY TO DESTINY*

Friday, 16 August, 2019

Beloved, if you want God to drastically change your life, it takes desperation. Be desperate for a change because desperation is key to your destination.

SCRIPTURE: And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. Genesis 32:28

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Nothing is ever conquered until something is confronted.

Desperation is the feeling you have when you are in a situation that must be changed at all cost, that is, you are willing to take risks in order to change things. It is the feeling of needing or wanting something very drastically.

To be desperate for change, therefore, is to be so tired of your present situation that you are willing to take a risk, if necessary to change it. It is important to understand that until there is a fight, there cannot be a flight; it takes a fight to take a flight. For instance, the aircraft fights some forces � the force of gravity and the drag force of the wind before engaging in a flight. Drastic things only happen for desperate people.

Beloved, if you want God to drastically change your life, it takes desperation. Be desperate for a change because desperation is key to your destination. There can be no quality destination until there is a provable desperation. Nothing is ever conquered until something is confronted. You need a sense of urgency, alacrity, ferocity to fulfil destiny. The Bible says, Woe to them that are at ease in Zion� (Amos 6:1). The life of ease is the life of curses. Taking life too easy makes life not to be easy. Those who are casual with life end up as casualties in life.

Determine to disappoint the expectation of people who said you cannot amount to anything in life. It is not time that changes things; it is choice that changes things. So, make a choice to have a change at all cost.
Remember this: Nothing is ever conquered until something is confronted.

ASSIGNMENT(S):

1. Desire a drastic change in your life.
2. Hold unto God for a change in any area of your life where change is required.
3. Refuse to settle for less.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: PATHWAY TO DESTINY

PRAYER: Lord, You are my Source and Confidence. I come before You today for a change of level in life. Please, lay Your Hands on me and turn things around for my good, Lord, in Jesus� Name.

DAILY BIBLE READING: Nehemiah 11: 1 to 12: 26, 1 Corinthians 10:14 to 33, Psalm 34:11 to 22, Proverbs 21:14 to 16
QUOTE: If you do not like the level where you are now, you do not fly from there, you fight from there. Culled from 30 SECRETS TO THE TOP by Dr Paul Enenche.
AMAZING FACT: Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: Receive the grace for desperation for a change of life and destiny, in Jesus� Name
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: FRIDAY 16TH AUGUST, 2019*

*TOPIC: THE PHILADELPHIA SODA TAX!*
*BASIC SCRIPTURE: 2SAMUEL 6:1-11*

Some years ago, in her fight against WEIGHT GAIN (OBESITY), the city of Philadelphia in USA passed a “soda tax” – a US $1 tax on a typical 2-litre bottle of soft drink! But the citizens/residents didn’t lose weight or cut calories as a result of the tax on sweetened drinks, neither was there a shift towards any healthier option. Instead, most *PHILADELPHIANS* just drove outside the city to buy the same drinks, from stores where they didn’t have to pay the tax. Gosh! 

The result was that the poorest people – who could not afford to drive outside the city to buy their drinks, paid more! In the end, the city suffered a loss of revenue due to lower sales whereas the lower section of society paid more!

This is another example of an unintended consequence for a well-intentioned idea! Likewise, because you are human, sometimes, your well planned goals do not produce results! I know of believers who married early to avoid fornication, but alas, they made marital mistakes due to limited knowledge on what marriage was all about!

They meant well, but failed! I also know of believers who made financial mistakes despite the fact that their goal was to become kingdom financiers and financial pillars in the house of God! I know of a Christian sister who went back to her marriage I the name of forgiving an abusive husband, but today, she is dead! She died two weeks after returning to her home! She had good intentions but the consequence was deadly!
Uzzah had good intentions/motives for touching the ARK OF GOD! He wanted to save the ark from damage! But his good intention led to his grave interment! Oh life! Do you know that even renowned and brilliant companies/nations make mistakes?

Arise today and ask the LORD to turn every MISTAKE of GOOD INTENTION to your SUPER STORY MIRACLE! I hear the sound of abundance of rain! I hear the sound of the rain of RESTORATION and NEW LAUGHTER! Amen and amen! Pray now!
*Wow! Follow me on my personal instagram handle - @ourdailymanna_bishopchris, my Facebook PAGE: bishop chris kwakpovwe ODM and personal Twitter: ODM_DrChris, ODM official instagram handle @ourdailymannaonline, Facebook official: our daily manna, Twitter: TweetODM*

*PRAYERS POINTS:* Take your best worship song to God.
1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
2. *LORD GOD, keep me from the MISTAKE OF UZZAH in my life, family and ministry in Jesus name (Pray it for 3 days seriously).*
3. Lord God, turn my past failures, mistakes, errors or BACKFIRED DECISIONS to fortune in Jesus name.
4. Holy Ghost, pour upon me THE RAIN of RESTORATION in Jesus name.
5. My MAKER, do GREAT THINGS from every BITTER STORY OF MY LIFE, family and ministry in Jesus name.
6. Lord God of DAVID, show me MERCY and restore ALL my lost favour!
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: ISAIAH 52-54*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

*Friday, August 16, 2019*

*PRINCIPLE OF ANSWERED PRAYERS*
*Read Matthew 6:1-5*

*MEMORISE*

*Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints (Ephesians 6:18)*

*EXPOSITION*

Majorly, you must guide against hypocrisy in prayer. Only God is worthy of praying to. Nobody is worth hearing or capable of answering your prayer. God’s children pray to have access to Him. Do not pray aloud to be heard by anybody or in the street to be seen that you are praying, lest you would have received the reward of your prayer - the abominable praise of men.

Prayer is an agreement or business between you and your Creator Who, when you call on, in the secret, would answer in the public, not for you to be bragging, but for His own glory, immediately and ultimately. You can only pray aloud if that is what fervency in prayer means to you. However, dare not to be hypocritical. Do not pray like a fool or show boy. Let the Holy Spirit pray through, in and for you.

Prayer of Hannah: why did she receive an instance answer? It was not directed to anyone except her Maker. She prayed agonisingly, with godly understanding. She realised that nobody, including the reigning priest, was worthy to hear the content of her supplication. Because of her ingenuity and sincerity, she was misconstrued. Yet, God understood her plight and emotion, and rewarded her accordingly.

Prayer is more of the spiritual than the physical. In fact, it is a spiritual exercise in all its context and content. Approaching it physically, makes it hypocritical and carnal, and the best it can generate is physical heat and some perspiration. Speak more to God and less to man. God still answers prayer.

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. Henceforth, I will no longer pray amiss, in Jesus’ name.
2. Doubt and carnality will not have effect on my prayer life again, in Jesus’ name.
3. Lord, make the leaders of Your people to be devoted to prayer and the ministry of the Word like the leaders in the early Church.
*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Psalms 37:1 - 39:1; Romans 8:23 - 9:5*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM