The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Thursday 15th August
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

THURSDAY, 15TH AUGUST

LOVE NOT THE WORLD

As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy… (1 Corinthians 15:48).

Our opening verse refers to those who aren’t born again as earthy; that means they’re of this world. All they know is in this world; that’s their life. This is the reason for the failures of men; it’s traced to the fallen Adam. This is why Jesus said, “...Ye must be born again” (John 3:7).

If a man continues with the life with which he came into this world from his parents, he’ll be a failure, no matter how hard he tries. It makes no difference what wealth he enjoys, he’ll still become a failure. There’re people who got to the zenith of their career; they became powerful and influential, but at some point, they realized there was more to life.

Jesus said to His disciples, “For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?” (Mark 8:36). He was telling them to be careful not to put their attention in this world. This world may offer you everything, but it’s not enough. What God offers is the best and it’s all you need.

1 John 2:15 says, “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” Sadly, there’re those who love the world and the things of the world, even after they’ve become Christians.

For example, in 2 Timothy 4:10, we read about Demas. He was one of Apostle Paul’s co-labourers in the Gospel. But read his pathetic end in the words of Paul: “For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica….” Demas worked with Paul and saw the great miracles wrought by the Spirit through Paul, but he compromised along the line. He deviated from the way and life of the Spirit, because he loved the world. The same thing happens to many people today. Paul the Apostle declared: “I am crucified unto the world, and the world is crucified unto me” (Galatians 6:14). This ought to be your persuasion and consciousness.

Come to that point in your life, in your spiritual growth, where your only passion is the expansion of God’s Kingdom; where Christ—His love and His soon return—is all you desire and live for.

CONFESSION

I’m crucified unto the world, and the world is crucified unto me! I live for Christ and the spread of the Gospel, which is the power of God unto salvation to all who believe. I’m an ambassador for Christ, called to establish heaven and righteousness in the hearts of men, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Romans 16:1-27 & Psalms 102-103

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 16:13-18 & Ruth 3-4

#TALKINGSESSION

15TH AUGUST.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD

Dear Lord, I thank You for the privilege of insight into the mysteries of Your eternal Kingdom. I’ve become a dispenser of the unsearchable riches of Christ. Through me, Your wisdom is manifested, Your grace is showcased, and the love of Christ is demonstrated to my world. I thank You blessed Father, for giving me a brand new life in Christ.

Everything about my life is infused with divinity and speaks of Your glory. Eternal life, love, health, peace, joy, righteousness, prosperity; You’ve made them mine! Thank You for this extraordinary life of glory and excellence I have in Christ. My life is the fulfilment of the destiny that You’ve ordained for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 15TH AUGUST 2019

THEME: HE IS AT THE DOOR!

MEMORISE:

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. Revelation 3:20

READ: Song of Solomon 5:2-7

2 I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night.

3 I have put off my coat; how shall I put it on? I have washed my feet; how shall I defile them?

4 My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him.

5 I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock.

6 I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer.

7 The watchmen that went about the city found me, they smote me, they wounded me; the keepers of the walls took away my veil from me.

Revelation 3:20-21

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

We often use the text of today’s memory verse to reach out to those who are not saved, but we often forget that our Lord pronounced those words in His letter to His Church! We as Christians need to be conscious that it is possible for us to lock the Lover of our souls out from our hearts. Therefore, it should not surprise you that the Holy spirit’s message to us today is that Jesus is standing outside and knocking on the door of our hearts, not as a homeless person seeking for help or begging for shelter, but as Master of the house. The Lord expects an immediate response and a red-carpet reception, and He promises to have an intimate, personal relationship with anyone who would respond with a friendly welcome. On the other hand, the consequences of a delayed response or not responding at all is clear in today’s Bible reading. The Lord would withdraw Himself, as He does not force Himself on anyone. When He withdraws, at the time you seek Him, and that time will surely come, you will not find Him. This has unpleasant ramifications. Songs of Solomon 5:6 says:

“I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer.”

May this not be your testimony in Jesus’ Name. is the Lord not knocking on the door of your heart today? Are you asleep spiritually and can barely Him call out your name? Has He not been knocking on that part of your heart that you have refused to yield to Him after giving your life to Him? Is He not calling out to you concerning that secret sin you have entangled yourself in? how about the assignment He gave you which you have abandoned? The Lord is knocking on the door of your heart concerning these and much more. Will you leave Him in the cold or welcome Him to the warmth of the fire of zeal in your heart? Answer Him today by opening up your heart and submitting to His will.

Whenever God comes visiting, you can be sure you are in for pleasant surprises, because He never visits an individual empty-handed. Revelation 3:21 affirms this, promising great blessings of eternal value to someone who opens the door of his or her heart unto Jesus. Such a fellow will be granted the authority to sit with Christ on His throne. This means that those who gladly received delegated power and authority to reign with Him in His Kingdom here on earth and in heaven. As you open the door of your heart to Jesus today, receive power to reign with Him in Jesus’ Name.

ACTION POINT:

Examine your life to see any areas you have shut Jesus out from and make amendments.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 17
Ezekiel 34:1-10

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 4: TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE

1.Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2.Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3.Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose,
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.
*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*ALONENESS WITH GOD � A PATHWAY TO DESTINY*

15 August, 2019

SCRIPTURE: And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. Genesis 32:24

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Activity can be the enemy of intimacy with God.

We live in a world where so many people are experiencing a life of struggle and wrong identity like Jacob. They are being confronted with situations that make the future appear uncertain and the past seems to be haunting them. Some of them have great potentials and great destinies but they are helplessly groping in the dark in utter confusion looking for direction.

Now, what should a person do if he finds himself in situations like these? What are the keys to destiny opening? Today, we shall look at one of those keys:
Aloneness with God

In Genesis 32:24, the Bible says, And Jacob was left alone.
Anyone who is interested in the fulfilment of his destiny on earth must have time to be with God alone. This is living a life that is not overcrowded with people or overrun with activities. Over-activity can be the enemy of intimacy with God.
I would like you to take note of three key thoughts concerning aloneness with God.

a. Separation unto God is key to visitation from God. If you need a visitation from God you must produce separation.
b. Separation unto God is key to the transformation of life.
Change of life happens when you are alone with God.
c. Times of separation are times of reflection, and times of reflection are times of revival. When alone with God, you experience personal revival.
Beloved, you have to give yourself a break from anything that is making you too busy for God. Maybe you need to give yourself a break from your phone for some time. The truth is, God does not do serious things with a person when his life is crowded. So, you must make up your mind to separate yourself from the crowd and be alone with God as often as possible.
Remember this: Activity can be the enemy of intimacy with God.

ASSIGNMENT(S):

1. Have a schedule that marks a stipulated time when you have to meet with God alone.
2. Refuse to be comfortable with the crowd all the time.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: PATHWAY TO DESTINY
PRAYER: Lord, You are all I need. Draw me closer to You and cause me to be deeply addicted to Your Presence, Lord, in Jesus� Name.

DAILY BIBLE READING: Nehemiah 9:22 to 10: 39, 1 Corinthians 9:19 to 10:13, Psalm 34:1 to 10, Proverbs 21:13
QUOTE: Riding the storm is the exclusive preserve of those who are addicted to the company of the Almighty. Culled from RIDING THE STORM OF LIFE by Dr Paul Enenche.

AMAZING FACT: Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: As you take the time to be alone with God, you shall experience Divine visitation like never before, in Jesus� Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: THURSDAY 15TH AUGUST, 2019*
*TOPIC: THE COBRA EFFECT*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: GENESIS 16:1-14*

Oh, welcome and don’t be scared about the words, “THE COBRA EFFECT!” The Cobra Effect is a term in Economic. *It refers to a situation when an attempted solution to a problem makes the problem worse!* This name was coined from an ancient in old colonial India. 

For some reasons, there were too many dangerous cobras in Delhi, India. People were dying due to snake bites! The government then decided that a silver coin would be given to anyone who killed a cobra. The results were great; a large number of snakes were killed for the silver coin reward. Eventually, however, it led to some serious, unwanted consequences.

After a short-term drop in the snake (cobra) population, it started rising again! This was because a few people began to breed cobras in order to get the silver cash reward. When the news reached the government, the reward program was scrapped! As soon as the reward of the silver coin was scrapped, those cobras breeders set the now worthless snakes free. 

As a result, the cobra population further increased. The solution to the problem made the situation even worse! Did you get that? The Holy Ghost wants you to avoid the COBRA EFFECT as it affects your life, family and ministry! Take time to pray over every major decision you intend to make, otherwise, a good decision can become your bus-stop or tears and regrets!

Papa ABRAHAM and Mama Sarah had a good intention of desiring to hear the cry of a child in their home! But that decision produced ISHMAEL – the grandfather of the Arabs (Vs. 12 says “And *he will be a wild man;* his hand will be against every man, and every man’s hand against him)! Wow! *A wild generation from a wrong decision!* Most of the most brutal/bloody wars in the world today, which has consumed so many babies and turned them into orphans are from his descendants – an *attempted solution to a problem which made the problem worse!* Arise today and decree that your life, family and ministry will not be victims of the COBRA EFFECTS not will ISHMAEL be produced from your decisions! *ODM is the best gift items always!*

*PRAYERS POINTS:* Take Song 1: What A Friend We Have In Jesus…

1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
2. HURRY leads to SORRY! Ask for the grace NEVER to rush into any decision!
3. Holy Ghost, intervene concerning the following DECISIONS or plans of my destiny *(mention them now).*
4. I scatter every plan to make me RUCH into making a WRONG DECISION in Jesus name.
5. I reject every marital, business, career or ministry ISHMAEL in Jesus name.
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: ISAIAH 49-51*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

*Thursday, August 15, 2019*

*LASTING BLESSING*
*Read Genesis 14:18-24*

*MEMORISE*

*An inheritance gained hastily at the beginning will not be blessed at the end (Proverbs 20:21)*

*EXPOSITION*

It is a pity today, as so many people ask for the blessings of Abraham, yet can’t do one quarter of what he did. Abraham did quite a number of things before God finally blessed him. His blessings were lasting ones because it sourced out from the God of lasting and true blessing, unlike blessings that set as the sun, wane as the moon, or stop as the rain.

How did he do it and what did he do?

1. He was sure of receiving blessing from God: Abraham understood that God would definitely bless him. So he was not ready to grab man-made or self-made riches *…lest you should say, I have made Abraham rich (v. 23b)*
2. He was bent on glorifying God alone with whatever he had: Many who are wealthy today know that the devil is the source of their wealth. Like Abraham, every true child of God would not want anything that is not from God.
3. The third thing is that he endured. Between when he rejected the offer and when he was eventually blessed, Abraham exercised patience. Patience is a big factor in becoming blessed of God. You cannot pester God to do what He would not do. Whatever He does is at His own pace. Therefore, He that would enjoy lasting blessing would have to wait patiently for God’s blessing.
4. Abraham did not stop being a tither: As he was expecting and waiting. He was equally tithing.
Lastly, Abraham was diligent. An inheritance gained hastily at the beginning will not be blessed at the end. His diligence made him to gain God’s lasting blessing. He wasn’t ready for quick means to be rich because such would not be a blessing at the end. Jesus is the true source of lasting blessing. Stay glued to Him today and become blessed forever.

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. Lord, don’t let me lose focus of You at any point and for any reason.
2. Lord, deliver brethren who are suffering from “hurry-hurry syndrome”. Bring them back to their senses and let them see the importance of waiting on you.
3. Lord, give our people the grace to cleave to You, the Source of lasting blessings.
*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Psalms 33:22 - 36:12; Romans 8:1 - 8:22*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM