The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Tuesday 13th August
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

TUESDAY, 13TH AUGUST

HE KEEPS YOU FROM FALLING

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen (Jude 1:24-25).

Some Christians sing certain songs that dissipate their faith and don’t express the realities of our new nature. For example, someone sings, “Jesus loves me, and I love Him too, because every time I fall, He lifts me up.” That’s unscriptural; it sounds nice and wonderful, but it doesn’t express our place in Christ, and our inheritance in Him.

The Bible doesn’t say that Jesus lifts us up every time we fall. Rather, it says, “He’s able to keep us from falling,” which is more sublime. When you live with the mentality that every time you fall, He picks you up, you’re going to keep falling and expecting Him to lift you up; that’s not His ministry. His ministry is to keep you from falling. When you trust Him, as the One who’s able to keep you from falling, you’ll never fall. Glory to God!

He’s the Rock that holds you firm and secure, and He’s doing it for a reason: to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy. Blessed be God! Every so often, declare, “The Lord is able to keep me from falling.” It’s a statement of faith; your faith in His redemptive work, which was perfect and of eternal significance.

There’s another portion of Scripture where the Spirit referenced a similar thought through the Apostle Peter in 2 Peter 1:1-10. There, the Spirit highlighted several virtues and factors for spiritual effectiveness for the Christian. Study the entire reference. Verse 10 says, “…if you do these things, you will never fall” (NIV). How comforting. How assuring!

We’re not of them that rise and fall. We’re forever standing strong. Ephesians 6:14 says, “Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth….” Have the consciousness that in your journey of faith, you’ll forever be standing strong and courageous for the Gospel. None of your steps shall slide, because the Lord is your Rock and your Defence. Through His Word, He preserves you; He keeps you safe and from falling, until His return. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the great love with which you’ve loved me. You uphold me with the right hand of your righteousness that I may never stumble or fall. None of my steps shall slide, because I walk in your Word, and by the Spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Isaiah 30:21; Colossians 1:21-23; 2 Peter 1:5-10
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Romans 15:5-13 & Psalms 94-98

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Luke 15:20-32 & Judges 21

#TALKINGSESSION

13TH AUGUST.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD

Dear heavenly Father, I thank for Your Word is working mightily in me. My spirit, soul, and body are completely yielded to Your Word; thus, I refuse to entertain doubts in my heart, for I know faith always works. My faith is the victory that overcomes the world; it’s also the only proof I require to know that the things I’ve hoped for are now my present-hour possessions. Lord, I thank You for Your Word is a light unto me; it clears the darkness from my path and enriches me daily.

I thank you for showing me how to live the victorious life. I live by faith and not by sensory perceptions. I dominate the circumstances of my life today and declare that all things are working together for my good, in the mighty Name of Jesus. Amen

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: TUESDAY 13TH AUGUST 2019

THEME: BRIDLE YOUR TONGUE.

MEMORISE:

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1

READ: James 3:1-10

1My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:

8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

9 Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.

10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

From James 3:6 we understand that the tongue has the ability to destroy a person’s destiny eternally. Why is the tongue so deadly? A study of the tongue’s characteristics will shed more light on this. Thankfully, the Holy Spirit has explained some of its traits in today’s Bible reading. Most notably, the tongue is ambivalent in some of the things it does. It sings praise to God one moment and the next moment, curses a fellow human being created in the image of God. How then can we handle this thing, which the Bible in James 3:8 describes as “an unruly evil, full of deadly poison?” We than God because Jesus in in Mark 16:18 promised than no poisonous thing can harm us; Hallelujah! Jesus is able and willing to solve every problem of ours, including those created by the tongue, if we surrender our entire lives, including our tongues, to Him. Indeed, every problem in life ends at the cross of Calvary for those who lift their eyes to Jesus Christ and call on His Name for help.

The story was told of a woman who almost destroyed her marriage with her tongue. She did not like what was going on in her marriage, but could not figure out what was wrong, so she consulted a native doctor to help solve her marital issues. The old man knew that the woman’s tongue was her problem; he therefore, gave her a stone he had gotten from a nearby river, instructing her to slot it into her mouth and begin to suck on it anytime her husband picked a fight with her. He also strictly warned her not to speak when the stone was in her mouth, otherwise, the charm would fail. She took the stone from the man and went home. As usual, she did something wrong and her husband corrected her, expecting her to respond in her usual manner. However, to his surprise, this woman kept mute! Unknown to him, she had kept the stone in her mouth and was being careful not to speak while it was in there. This continued for many days, and peace returned to their home. Her husband began to love and cherish her for the great change he had seen in her virtues. She ran to the old man to show her gratitude for the effectiveness of the “charm”, only to discover that the stone he had given her was ordinary and powerless. The old man then told her that if she could learn to bridle her tongue, she would enjoy peace with her husband and with everyone else for that matter. Proverbs 16:24 says:

“Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.”

If a soft answer turns away anger, according to God’s word in today’s memory verse, imagine the power of silence!

PRAYER POINT:

Father, please help me to bridle my tongue through the help of Your Holy Spirit.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 14
Ezekiel 33:10-20

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 5: LET OTHERS SEE JESUS IN YOU.

1.While passing thro' this world of sin,
and others your life shall view,
Be clean and pure without, within;
Let others see Jesus in you.

Refrain:
Let others see Jesus in you,
Keep telling the story, be faithful and true;

2. Your life's a book before their eyes,
They're reading it thro' and thro'
Say, does it point them to the skis,
Do others see Jesus in you?

Refrain

3. Then live for Christ both day and night,
Be faithful, be brave and true,
and lead the lost to life and Christ.

Refrain
SEEDS OF DESTINY 

Tuesday 13th August

(A DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST 2019 BY DR PAUL ENENCHE)

TOPIC: THE PASSWORD TO GOD AND HIS KINGDOM

SCRIPTURE: And said,"Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 
Matthew 18":1

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Humility is a major mark of childhood.

Childhood is a world of innocence and openness. It is a world of great delight,"beauty and excitement. Such a captivating world captures the very nature and ambience of the Kingdom of God. No wonder, the Master admonishes us to become like little children in order to enter the Kingdom of heaven.
Previously, we looked at the openness of a child. 

Today, we shall look at other characters of a child":
i. A child has no enemy. A child has no capacity to make enemies or live in bitterness. If you offend a child now,"he would return and play with you the next moment. The complication of bitterness, unforgiveness and offence deny people access to God and His kingdom.
ii. A child has nothing to worry about. A child lives in the realm of anxiety freedom; his life and future are literally in the Hands of God.
iii. A child has no doubt. A child believes everything absolutely; that is why we hear children say things like, ‘My father is going to buy me an aircraft.’ They believe it is possible even when the father is not financially buoyant.
Beloved, as a child of God, you need to believe God’s promises, and also believe His judgment (The reality of heaven and hell) and let that shape your life. Do not hear one thing in Church and do the opposite. You must come to the point where the Word of God for you is not negotiable.
iv. A child cannot walk in pride. Humility is a major mark of childhood. A child does not have any personality to defend.

Beloved, you need to purge yourself of the monster called pride every single day of your life in order to have a place with God.
Remember this": Humility is a major mark of childhood

ASSIGNMENT(S):

1. Go through today’s reading again.
2. If you have been doubting God’s Word,"repent.
3. Do not negotiate your total surrender to God; live with the consciousness of eternity.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE": BE CONVERTED AS A CHILD

PRAYER: Lord,"breathe upon me today. Cause my heart to be tender and separate me from things that keep me from You, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
DAILY BIBLE READING": Nehemiah 5:14 to 7:73a,"1 Corinthians 8":1 to 13,"Psalm 33":1 to 11,"Proverbs 21":8 to 10
QUOTE: To conquer anything in this world,"you must first conquer yourself. Culled from 21 FOOLISH THINGS PEOPLE DO by Dr Paul Enenche.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD": Receive the grace to function with the mind-set and character of the child in Jesus’ Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: TUESDAY 13TH AUGUST, 2019*

*TOPIC: THE NINE WORDS THAT CHANGED AN ORPHAN!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: EPHESIANS 4:20-29*

A successful businessman told the story of Jim, a little orphan boy who had just a little dog for a possession. He was 12 years old, slim and undersized. He never remembered having a kind word ever spoken to him in his whole life. He was always ‘hit’ with harsh words, insults, jestings, suspicions and as a result, he became a shrinking, pitiful little figure, dodging people. One day, as Jim was running with his dog, he saw some bundles of wrapped clothes fall off the hand of an old tailor in the town. He stopped and helped her pick up every bit.

The woman looked at him with a broad smile and said:

*“THANK YOU DEAR, YOU ARE A NICE LITTLE BOY,”* and went on her way. Jim was shocked because those nine words were the best he had ever heard in his life. He got the bank of a stream, pulled out of his pocket a piece of broken mirror, and looked at himself again. He saw nothing but dirt. He went to the riverside and washed up. Then he looked again. He was looking neater! He stood erect and looked up straight for the first time! A feeling of self-respect arose within his being! 

Ambition sprang full-blown into his life! At that moment, by that riverside, he determined that this *NICE LITTLE BOY* would be a great man – all because of 9 words of encouragement! The businessman ended his story by telling the dinner audience: *“Ladies and Gentlemen, I am that boy”* as total silence (the power of God) enveloped that room!

As I write this devotional in this second half of 2019, I feel that same power all over me and I sense that God is speaking to a user of today’s devotional: *Kind Words Generate Power That Can Affect A Generation!*

*Every day of this 2nd half of 2019, sow kind words as a seed into a soul!* Our kind words will transform a staff, a child, a spouse, a pastor, your boss, etc. Read today’s scripture again and never forget: *“To the world, you might be one person, but to one person, you might be the world.”* You will move from STORY to GLORY! Hold on and hold out!

*Follow me on MY instagram handle: @ourdailymanna_bishopchris, my Facebook PAGE: bishop chris kwakpovwe ODM and personal Twitter: ODM_DrChris.*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take any song of worship as led now.
1. Pray about today’s word as led.
2. Repent from using ACIDIC words on others in your past!
3. Ask for the grace to be a blessing to other souls. CANCEL every NEGATIVE word spoken in the past to people.
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: ISAIAH 43-45*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/AUTHOR AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF_
CAC LIVING WATER*

*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*International Lefthanders Day*
*Tuesday, August 13, 2019*

*TOPIC:*

*HOPHNI AND PHINEHAS (II)*
*Read I Samuel 2:15-25*

*MEMORISE*

*Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart (2 Timothy 2:22)*

*EXPOSITION*

The sins of Hophni and Phinehas were our point of call yesterday. Those guys were too terrible and silly. They misfired so unexpectedly. God Himself accused them of being seriously corrupt. However, it didn’t end there.

From I Sam. 2:15, 17, we see that apart from starting a contrary practice from what the law says, Hophni and Phinehas used force on people. They were supposed to be respectful, peaceable and honourable, but they were contrary. Your attitude speaks volume of who you are, not what you say you are. The young men’s atrocities were so grievous. Their sins directly affected God.

Statistics show that 80% of people between the ages of 13 and 40 are mostly vulnerable to vices, like rape, drunkenness, armed robbery, cultism, cannibalism, gangsterism, gambling etc. No thanks to the evil effects of social media. The rate at which youths are dropping out of schools nowadays is so alarming, the results of which are regret and frustration. A good child brings happiness to his or her parents. You can’t make your parents sad and expect your own children to make you happy. Therefore, there is need for you to be malleable.

Parents, give your children the Word of God and encourage them to comply with it. Show them good example. The Bible testifies of Louis and Eunice, how their faith imparted Timothy. One of the best ways to wade off the devil from your children is to personally lead them to the Cross from childhood, and allow the Word of God to take its course in their lives (Psa. 119:9; 2 Timothy 3:15-17). Dare not to be negligent with your child’s upbringing.

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. The devil will never have upper hand over my home, in Jesus’ name.
2. Lord, help parents to leave good and godly legacies behind for their children.
3. O Lord, help the Church to have developmental programmes for our children, teens and youths, in Jesus’ name.
*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Psalms 25:11 - 30:5; Romans 6:5 - 7:3*
*HAVE A GLORIOUS TUESDAY.............. SHALOM*
Powerful Motivational Bible Verses and Encouraging Interpretations
The Bible Motivation on how to Make Quick Money this Week
The Ever Present and Active Nature of Light
For Christ’s Sake – Reflective Verses of Our Wrong Doings
Using Your Head

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM