The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Friday 2nd August
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

FRIDAY 02 AUGUST 2019

"NOT OF THIS WORLD"

Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances (Colossians 2:20).

Some Christians don’t realize they’re in God’s Kingdom now. They live as though they’re in the world. Their actions and reactions, their thoughts, words and responses are like those of the people of the world. Instead of walking by faith, they walk by sensory perceptions; regulated in life only by that which they can physically perceive. But that’s not the life of a Christian; we live in a spiritual kingdom where faith is our lifestyle.

God expects you to live above this world. Jesus said in John 15:19, “If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world….” No wonder the Spirit, through the Apostle Paul, cautioned, “Why are you still living as though you’re in the world, when actually you live in Christ, in the Spirit?” Then, in Galatians 5:25, He tells us to walk in the Spirit, because we live in the Spirit.

Now that you’re born again, you live in two worlds simultaneously: the physical world and the spiritual world. You’ve got to be conscious of the spiritual realm into which you’ve been born, and function in it. Live the life of heaven on earth, because you’re a citizen of heaven. Your thinking, your response to circumstances, and outlook on life must be from a heavenly perspective, the Word’s perspective. Your contemplations should be different from those of the natural man.

You live in a spiritual kingdom with spiritual principles. You must have that consciousness. When you understand this, you’ll get excited when you face troubles or crises, because you’re certain they’ll turn out for your good. This is because, in our kingdom, we only know how to win and make progress from glory to glory. We dominate this physical world with the principles of our heavenly Kingdom. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

Thanks be unto God who has transferred me from the domain of darkness into the Kingdom of His love- Son, in whom I live, and move, and have my being He’s my place of rest, health, wealth, security, and peace with prosperity. I influence my world with the principles of God’s glorious Kingdom to which I belong, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

2 Corinthians 5:7
For we walk by faith, not by sight.
Colossians 1:12-13
12-giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.
13- He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
Colossians 3:1-3
1-If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
2- Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth._
3- For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

DAILY SCRIPTURES READING
1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Romans 6:15-7:1-6
Psalms 60-63

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 12:35-48
Judges 8

#TALKINGSESSION

2ND AUGUST.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD

Dear Lord, what a privilege to be Your icon, perfect imprint and effulgence of Your wisdom, righteousness, and glory! You’ve made my life beautiful and excellent, and You’ve enabled me to be an effective witness and representative of Your Kingdom, showing forth Your praises, and illuminating the dark places of the earth with the light of the glorious Gospel.

I thank You for the life of faith You’ve called me into. I function in the spiritual realities of Your divine Kingdom. I walk in divine health, absolute prosperity, unending success, abundant joy and indescribable peace today and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: FRIDAY 2ND AUGUST 2019

THEME: GOD OR HUMAN PLEASERS?

MEMORISE:

But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts. 1 Thessalonians 2:4

READ: Acts 4:15-20

15 But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they conferred among themselves,

16 Saying, What shall we do to these men? for that indeed a notable miracle hath been done by them is manifest to all them that dwell in Jerusalem; and we cannot deny it.

17 But that it spread no further among the people, let us straitly threaten them, that they speak henceforth to no man in this name.

18 And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.

19 But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

20 For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.

One of the most important responsibilities of leaders is to make the people they lead happy by providing an enabling environment for peace and prosperity. A leader who listens to the yearnings and aspirations of his people and tries to provide solutions to their problems is usually loved, while any leader who fails to satisfy the common interest of the people, even for the best reasons, is generally condemned. Therefore, leaders at every level of human endeavor have perfected the art of pleasing the people they lead in order to continually earn their approval and to keep enjoying the power, wealth and influence made available by their office. However, the Bible admonishes Christians in general and those in position of authority in particular to reject the temptation of becoming pleasers of men. 1 Thessalonian 2:4 says:

“But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.”

We see from this scripture that God expects all Christians to view every opportunity to influence others as a divine responsibility that has a divine purpose. Therefore, we are to do all thing to the glory of God with the consciousness that we owe our allegiance to Him and not to any human being. For this reason, the Holy Spirit says in Psalm 75:6-7:

“For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.”

Pleasing people involves making every effort to do whatever they want in order to win their approval, even when such actions are contrary to God’s commandments. Pleasing people requires eye service, insecurity, self-centeredness and godliness. Men pleasers have an insatiable appetite for money and power, and they can mortgage the future of the people they lead to achieve their selfish ambitions. Anyone who is obsessed with pleasing people will unconsciously begin to work against god’s purpose until he or she becomes an enemy of God. Paul came to this conclusion in Galatians 1:10, saying:

“For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.”

Arron, King Saul and Herod are examples of leaders who were committed to pleasing people in order to win their approval, without much consideration for the will and commandments of God (Exodus 32, 1 Samuel 15, Acts 12:20-22). Unfortunately, they all got punished for their evil actions. I pray that every tendency to be a people-pleasers will be completely removed from your life today in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT:

Father, please let my focus be centered to pleasing You in all things in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 17-18
Ezekiel 27:1-25

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 10: I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS

• I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

• The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;

• Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though- none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;

• My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;

• Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
SEEDS OF DESTINY:
BY DR. (PST.) PAUL. ENENCHE
(DUNAMIS INTERNATIONAL GOSPEL CENTRE-DIGC)

2ND AUGUST, 2019

TOPIC:
MAXIMIZING OPPORTUNITIES AND FULFILLING DESTINY

SCRIPTURE: Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; Ecclesiastes 9:10

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Any time you see someone who is full of regrets, he has missed too many opportunities.

Experiences in life have consistently demonstrated that those who fulfil destiny are opportunity hunters. They do not wait for opportunity to arrive; if the opportunity they are looking for does not exist, they create it. And it is not possible for opportunities to meet such people unprepared.

Those who fulfil destiny are those who maximize every opportunity to make a difference, change lives, add value to people and take a stand for God. The truth is, the maximization of opportunity is the fulfilment of destiny. Any time you see someone who is full of regrets, he has missed too many opportunities. The missing of opportunities is the mother of regrets.

When David met Goliath, he found an opportunity to showcase the power of God and confirm the superiority of God over the inferiority of the devil. He maximised that opportunity, and as a result, he was positioned in the palace.

When Daniel was faced with oppositions confronting his spirituality, he saw an opportunity for the manifestation of the God who is superior to all other gods, and he was promoted.

Beloved, opportunities pass us by every day. The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is in their ability to identify and utilize opportunities.

Remember this: Any time you see someone who is full of regrets, he has missed too many opportunities.

ASSIGNMENT(S):
1. Determine to see an opportunity even in the midst of challenges.

2. List out the opportunities existing around you and maximize them unto success.

3. Stop lamenting over lost opportunities and look forward to the ones coming ahead.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: UNDERSTANDING DESTINY

PRAYER: Lord, thank You for the opportunities You are bringing my way for a change of levels. Give me the wisdom to explore them and bring glory to Your Name, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.

DAILY BIBLE READING: 2 Chronicles 32: 1 to 33: 13, Romans 15: 23 to 16:9, Psalm 25:16 to 22, Proverbs 20:16 to 18

QUOTE: Provision flows in the direction of solution. 21 UNCOMMON KEYS TO FINANCIAL OVERFLOW by Dr Paul Enenche.

AMAZING FACT: The limits of the universe have never been discovered. But as large as it is, the God we serve is even bigger.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: Opportunities for a change of life’s story is coming your way in this season in Jesus’ Name.

DON’T FORGET TO ATTEND: The Home Church meeting by 6:00pm tomorrow at a Home Church near you. Also invite your friends and neighbours. God bless you as you do so
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: FRIDAY 2ND AUGUST, 2019*

*TOPIC: THE COMPARISON TRAP!*
*BASIC SCRIPTURE: PSALM 73:1-20*

If you spend your days comparing yourself to other people’s achievements, you’ll never get anything accomplished. You must invest all your energy into pursuing you own dreams and goals. Don’t waste your precious time on those of others. 

This is because there will always be someone better than you are something. I know this might sound a little harsh, but it’s the reality! The richest man in your continent or in the world is only in terms of the public stocks invested! They know that they may not be the richest! So the sooner you accept it, the happier you’ll be that you are a woman or man of destiny and God has a special plan for you.

I remember when I was younger, that I would cry my eyes out every time my best friend got a better grade than me in class. So, at some point, an elderly man said to me: “Christopher, there will always be someone better than you at one point in your life.” At first, I didn’t really understand where he was going with it and frankly, it left me with even more pain. 

But as I grew older, I realized he was right. At some point in your life, someone will beat you to whatever it is you are after. You desire to be the HEAD and not the TAIL, but you can’t always win in everything in life. All you have to do is work hard and try your best, and whatever is meant to be will fall into place for you at the right season. Yes! You will bear your fruit in your own season (See and declare Psalm 1 later)! The mistake David nearly made in Psalm 73 was comparing himself to others!

Hear him in Verse 3-4: “For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. For there are no pangs in their death: but their strength is firm.” Anther translation puts it this way: “I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. They have no struggle; their bodies are healthy and strong” (Psalm 73:3-4). Did you get that? He was others and became envious, till the Lord made him to understand that NOT ALL THAT GLITTERS IS GOLD! Verse 17-18 says: “Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end. Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction.” Wow! Those you may be tempted to envy are fighting battles you know nothing about! Oh! Comparison will stall your progress in life and ministry! 

Celebrate where you are! Know that you and you will get to your own Promised Land! Pray now!
*Tomorrrow is U.K. Tele-Conference ANOINTING SERVICE call +44(0) 330-998, 1254 ACCESS CODE IS: 809720! Time: 8am U.K. time. Bishop Dr. Christ will be on the line to MINSTER! Other nations can call in too!*

*PRAYERS POINTS*

1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led no.
2. Repent form being depressed or ENVIOUS because of the success of others! Pray for those you envy today! Mention their names
3. I refuse to COMPARE myself to anybody! I shall run my race and do my best at all times and I leave the rest to the God who is my rewarder!
4. Open to Psalm 1:3! Put your name there and declare it several times now! *Pray about today! Cancel a BROKEN LEG accident this month!*
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: ISAIAH 10-12*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/AUTHOR AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF_
THE LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Friday, August 2, 2019

TOPIC: WHAT ARE YOU BUILDING - ALTAR OR MONUMENT?

Read Genesis 12:7-9

7. And the Lord appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the Lord, who appeared unto him.
8. And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched his tent, having Bethel on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he builded an altar unto the Lord, and called upon the name of the Lord.
9. And Abram journeyed, going on still toward the south.

MEMORISE:

Then the Lord appeared to Abram and said, "To your descendants I will give this land." And there he built an altar to the Lord, who had appeared to him (Genesis 12:7)

EXPOSITION

It is not uncommon to find people doing things to immortalise themselves - writing of autobiographies, setting up foundations to meet specific societal needs, setting up the likes of orphanages, and surprisingly, some erect monuments for themselves while still living. King Saul did something similar, after his self-styled (but God-displeasing) victory over Amalek. In any case, he had conquered the enemies (1 Sam. 15:1-12), but instead of giving glory to God, he chose to set up a monument for himself at Carmel (v. 12), to immortalise himself rather than glorify God.

One would better understand the sin of King Saul, when what he did is compared with reactions of some others who had different encounters with Yahweh in the Scripture. Gen. 8:20 shows Noah building an altar unto Yahweh in commemoration of his encounter with Him. Abram did the same thing (Gen. 12:7,8; cf. 13:4,18; 22:9). Isaac obviously took after his father's faith (26:25). 

Jacob didn't allow the chain to break with him (35:1,3,7). Moses inherited the good and godly habit (Exo. 17:15). David's divine encounter led him to build an altar unto the Lord (2 Sam. 24:21-25).
Surprisingly, even Saul himself had built altars unto the Lord in the past (1 Sam. 14:35), but the pride and love for the praise of men that took over him made him to misbehave. 

What are you building? Some people have chosen to erect monuments in commemoration of the little encounters they had with the divine, instead of erecting and strengthening their altars of praise and sacrificial service. What you erect would determine what you get in the end.

PRAYER POINTS
1. Ask God to forgive you at those junctures that you have allowed the little spiritual breakthroughs you had, to run into your head.
2. Ask God to help you remain calmly and humbly focussed on Him, regardless of the spiritual height of success He chooses to take you to.
3. Pray for once power-demonstrating ministers of the gospel who have lost such graces due to the sin of not giving God the glory due His name.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Job 30:12 - 32:3; Acts 26:8 – 26:29
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM