The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Monday 24th June
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

MONDAY, 24TH JUNE.

IT’S NOT ENOUGH TO BE “GOD-FEARING”

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again (John 3:7).

Sometimes, there’re those who are described by others as “godly” or “god-fearing,” even though they’re not born again. But being godly or god-fearing isn’t the same as being born again. In Acts 10, we find a most interesting case of conversion, the conversion of Cornelius, a very “godly” man. In fact, the Bible says he was a “devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God always” (Acts 10:2). What an amazing description!

He was benevolent, liberal and “god-fearing”; consistent and persistent in his prayer life. He was a just man (Acts 10:22). And he even saw visions: “He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him…” (Acts 10:3).

Yet, he wasn’t saved; he wasn’t born again. An angel had to tell him, “And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter…he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do” (Acts 10:5-6).
In our opening verse, Jesus didn’t mince words when He spoke to Nicodemus. He said, “Ye must be born again.” He didn’t say if you’re “god-fearing,” it’s okay. He used the term, “born again” to express the necessity for man’s spiritual rebirth. Sometimes we encounter such people as Cornelius. They have a good reputation and moral character; but being well-spoken of by others doesn’t merit God’s salvation.

This is why we preach the Gospel. The Gospel is about Jesus Christ; it’s not about what you have done, or what you haven’t done. It’s about Christ and what He’s done for you, which if you’d accept was enough, then salvation is yours. The Bible says, “And by him (Jesus) all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses” (Acts 13:39).

In case you’re like Cornelius today reading this, you need to receive words by which you can be saved. Those words are in Romans 10:9. It says, “…if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” This is the Bible way to receive salvation.

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, I’m forever grateful for the salvation of my soul, having confessed with my mouth, the Lord Jesus, and believed in my heart that you raised Him from the dead. And today, I pray for the unsaved around the world, that the light of this glorious Gospel will shine in their hearts, for salvation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Mark 8:36-37
John 3:3
Acts 13:38-39
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Acts 11:1-18 & Ezra 9-10

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 3:23-38 & Deuteronomy 22

#TALKINGSESSION

24TH JUNE.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD
Dear heavenly Father, I thank You for Your willingness to provide for me more than I can ever dream or imagine. As I walk in the knowledge of Your Word today, I experience success, prosperity, and divine health. I thank You for the power of Your Spirit that is at work in me in an increasing measure. I am charged from within for good works.

I am effective in the ministry of the Gospel, energized and aflame for the Lord, as my heart beats with the desire to do His will. I am born of the Word; therefore, I live in and by the Word, thus experiencing a day-to-day transformation and renewal by the Holy Spirit. I am stirred and positioned for greatness and excellence, and walk in the victory of Christ today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: MONDAY 24TH JUNE 2019

THEME: BOWEL OF MERCIES.

MEMORISE:

Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John 3:16

READ: 1 Corinthians 9:19-23

19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

Mercy is a concrete expression of compassion and love; it means to have pity or to feel concern out of sympathy for someone. Mercy is part of God’s core nature, and it defines that character in Him by which He faithfully keeps His covenant, fulfil his promises, and maintains His relationship with His children, despite our shortcomings, unworthiness and unfaithfulness (Exodus 34:6-7). This is very well explained in Romans 9:15-16, which says:

“I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.”

Mercy connotes lovingkindness, goodness, grace, favor and steadfast love. The most prominent aspect of mercy is the compassionate disposition to forgive an offender, coupled with finding a way to help the offender out of his or her sorry situation. These qualities make it possible to lovingly correct fellow Christians who fall into error, instead of passing hostile judgement on them. Here is how the Holy Spirit commands us to deal with each other in Ephesians 4:2-3:

“With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”

Furthermore, while identifying the qualities that the Body of Christ must have, mercy and kindness are prominent on that list. He says in Colossians 3:12:

“Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;”

God designed mercy to be an essential part of the Christian community, because it reveals the state of our heart. It is an intense inner feeling that usually manifests itself as compassionate acts of love and kindness. We are recipients of God’s mercy through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and we live our lives in daily anticipation of new mercies from God. The consistent new outpouring of God’s mercy is the seal of God’s love for His children (Lamentations 3:22-23). In response to past, present and future gifts of God’s mercy, we also must be channels of divine mercy both within the Church and out there in the world (Jude 1:21-220. The Bible teaches us to take up the responsibility of showing mercy through the help ministry and assisting the less privileged (1 Corinthians 12:28). Charitable giving is a proper response to God’s mercy and a mark of genuine spirituality. I pray that you will be a candidate for God’s mercy and a dispenser of it, in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT:

Father, let Your nature of mercy find expression through me to others, in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 30-31
Ezekiel 2:8-3:15

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 14: LET US WITH A GLADSOME MIND.

1 Let us, with a gladsome mind,
praise the LORD, for He is kind:
for His mercies shall endure,
ever faithful, ever sure.

2 Let us blaze His Name abroad,
for of gods He is the God:

3 He with all-commanding might
filled the new-made world with light:

4 All things living He doth feed;
His full hand supplies their need:

5 He His chosen race did bless
in the wasteful wilderness:
6 He hath with a pious eye
looks upon our misery:

7 Let us therefore warble forth
His high majesty and worth:
SEEDS OF DESTINY:
BY DR. (PST.) PAUL ENENCHE
(DUNAMIS INTERNATIONAL GOSPEL CENTRE-DIGC.)

MONDAY 24TH JUNE, 2019

TOPIC:
THE DISTINGUISHING FEATURE IN LIFE.

SCRIPTURE: And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Integrity distinguishes people in life; to be different in upright living is to make a difference in life.

Integrity is a distinguishing feature in life. Integrity sets people apart from others. It puts people in a class of their own.

Integrity, for instance, is one of the qualities that distinguishes the lion and the eagle from every other creature. The eagle is the king of every bird that flies in the air. In the same manner, the lion is the king of the jungle.

It is important to know that these two animals have one thing in common – they would never taste corruption. Once meat is rotten, it is not for the lion; it may be for the jackals or the tigers but not for the lion. Also, once a piece of meat is rotten, it is not for the eagle; it may be for the vulture but not for the eagle. If the meat is for the eagle, it must be fresh, dripping with blood. That is why the eagle flies at ten thousand feet above sea level, carries weight three times its size and still be able to fly. No wonder the eagle is reputed to be a popular symbol of power, royalty and decency in many parts of the world. This is the reason why it is in the coat of arms of countries like Nigeria, the United States of America and other nations of the world. The eagle is the king of the birds because of its purity. It has been confirmed that the eagle has only one mate throughout its lifetime; it does not have the capacity of going for another mate while its original mate still lives.

The lion also does not taste corruption. But if you give a vulture a piece of rotten meat, the more rotten or smelly the meat, the better for it; that is why the vulture is as vulturous as it is without a future.

Beloved, integrity distinguishes people in life; to be different in upright living is to make a difference in life.

Remember this: Integrity distinguishes people in life; to be different in upright living is to make a difference in life.

ASSIGNMENTS:
1. Make up your mind to be different from other people by living a life of integrity.

2. Do not follow the multitude to do evil.

PRAYER: O Lord, I receive the grace to stand out in uprightness and righteousness. Help me not to follow the multitude to commit sin, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: UNDERSTANDING AND OVERCOMING THE ENEMIES OF DISTINCTION AND EXCELLENCE.

DAILY READING: 2 Kings 6:1 - 7:20, Acts 15:36 – 16:15, Psalm 142:1 - 7, Proverbs 17:24 - 25

AMAZING FACT: Dolphins can overcome sleep deprivation and remain constantly vigilant for days at a time by resting one half of their brain while the other half remains conscious.

QUOTE: To break the bridge means to discard every sinful points of contact. It also means to disconnect from wrong company - people whose association leads you back into iniquity. Disconnect from sinful company. Culled from WHO ARE YOU? by Dr Paul Enenche.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: The grace to stand out in life by the power of integrity is released upon you in this season, in Jesus’ Name.
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*???

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: MONDAY 24TH JUNE, 2019*?

*TOPIC: DON'T BURY THAT PAIN! SET IT FREE! - Part 1*?

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: HEBREWS 2:9-18*?

The story below is by Tammy Brown, a woman whom God restored A her home and like this devotional ODM, has blessed thousands across the globe with her Bible studies for the hurting *(Healed and Set Free Bible Study)!* Hear her: “My husband and I have been married for fourteen years. Somewhere along the way, we stopped investing in our “love account” and did a lot more investing in our “self-serving account.” We had begun drinking. It started with special occasions, then weekends, and then before we knew it, it was several times a week.

I was under the illusion that I was a much “happier” person if I drank. That was far from the truth! I usually found myself pointing an accusatory finger at my husband, followed by nagging. My husband would turn a deaf ear to me, giving me the cold shoulder. During this time, we found ourselves in very unsavory situations, even dangerous. Our family life began to suffer, as well as our spiritual life. I very rarely went to church. Although I was saved, I felt very distant with God By this point in my life, I had already felt the cold sting of being I molested as a child, and the fear of I physical and verbal retaliation from a much older brother.

But my fear, shame and guilt would not end there; life was about to deal me the biggest blow of my life—betrayal. Betrayal was one of my biggest fears, and I shared that very openly in my marriage. I have learned that satan works our fears against us, that is, if we give him the power to do so. My husband strayed for a moment, and in that moment, our lives were forever changed. I felt so hopeless. I screamed a colorful array of phrases at him over the phone. I found myself circling his car with a very large mallet trying to decide which part was going to be taken out first.

Eventually I relented and took my anger out on our picnic table, which, needless to say, did not survive…”(To be continued tomorrow). As we continue tomorrow, today’s scripture Vs 10 is a balm: “For it became Him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.” The LORD accomplished His PURPOSE for man through PAIN (suffering)! The Holy Ghost wants you to know that PAIN is real but the LORD wants you to INVEST YOUR PAIN!

Let your pain become your teacher and manufacturer of your destiny throne! Yes! Let your mistakes become great life lessons as you allow the LORD to turn’your fears into HOPE and your scars into stars! Truth is that NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER! So hold on and hold out
*(This Saturday and SUNDAY are the ODM ANNUAL FINAL DAYS OF MERCY. SATURDAY IS MEDICAL OUTREACH, 9am. OGUDU AND LEKKI Mountains! SUNDAY 30TH JUNE involves visiting Orphanages, Hospitals, Elderly people’s homes, etc. Sow a seed of MERCY into UBA, ACCT. NO. 1021784230 NAME: ODM MERCY OUTREACH to help buy food items, etc, to be given to these MERCY HOMES! MERCY WILL NEVER ELUDE YOU!*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take Song 3: When The Morning Comes…??
1. In your own words, pray about today’s devotional as led.

2. Lord, turn every pain to gain and turn every scar of my past to my STAR in Jesus name *(Pray it seriously).*
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: PSALM 88-90*?
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*??‍?
_PUBLISHER/AUTHOR AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF_✍?

*Song 3: When The Morning Comes*?

1. Trials dark on ev’ry hand,
And we cannot understand
All the ways that God would lead us
To that blessed Promised Land;
But He’ll guide us with His eye,
And we’ll follow till we die;

We will understand it better by and by.

*Chorus*

By and By, when the morning comes,
When the saints of God
Are gathered home,
We will tell the story
How we’ve overcome;
We will understand it
Better by and by.

2. Oft our cherished plans have failed,
Disappointments have prevailed,
And we’ve wandered in the darkness,
Heavyhearted and alone;
But we’re trusting in the Lord,
And according to His Word,

3. Temptations, hidden snares
Often take us unawares. 
And our hearts are made to bleed
For some thoughtless word or deed.
And we wonder why the test
When we try to do our best,
LIVING WATER CAC DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Monday, June 24, 2019.

DRINK WATER ONLY FROM YOUR POT
READ: Proverbs 5:15-20

[15]Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well.[16]Let thy fountains be dispersed abroad, and rivers of waters in the streets.[17]Let them be only thine own, and not strangers' with thee.[18]Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.[19]Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.[20]And why wilt thou, my son, be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a stranger?

MEMORISE: Let marriage be held in honor (esteemed worthy, precious, of great price, and especially dear) in all things. And thus let the marriage bed be undefiled (kept undishonored); for God will judge and punish the unchaste [all guilty of sexual vice] and adulterous. (Hebrews 13:4)

EXPOSITION

Godliness with contentment is great gain (1 Tim. 6:6). God knows what is good for everyone; the reason He brought Eve from Adam's rib. Adam and others animals in the garden couldn't be compatible. They were not met for his soul. 

In our text for today, we are enjoined to drink water only from our pots. You can only be sure if the cleanness and sanctity of your own pot. Couples are not allowed to go outside of wedlock for any enjoyment with other opposite or same sexes. 

Everyone has been given his/her own wife/husband who is particularly and specially made for him/her. As Christians, there are some issues which are not to be discussed among us, including fornication, adultery, homosexuality, lesbianism, etc. (Gal. 5:19; Eph. 5:3; 1 Tim. 1:10).

In addition, marriage pots are only meant for the married, and not for boys and girls, as we have it today. Many, including God's ministers, have been swallowed up in the pit, while fetching water from other people's pot (Prov. 22:14; 23:27). Lack of contentment leads to covetousness and escalates to all kinds of vices which can send one into hell. 

Dear believer in Christ, you never can tell what lies in wait inside another man's pot. Snakes, scorpions and other deadly things can be lying in wait for thieves in others people's farm. Polish your wife/husband to suit your taste. If you are caught in this Word, refrain, and return to God, now. Sinners, why will you die?

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord, have mercy on me and cleanse me in any way I have defiled myself. 
2. Oh Lord, help our youths to wait for Your timing for their lives in the choice of their life partners.
3. Pray that God should deliver our teeming youths in schools, places of apprenticeship, and workplaces who are playing with and raring the lions of the sins of fornication and adultery.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 CHRONICLES 27:3-29:10; ACTS 2:24-2:45

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM