The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Friday 21st June
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

FRIDAY, 21ST JUNE.

SEE WITH GOD’S LIGHT

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path (Psalm 119:105)

God’s Word is the true Light that lights every man that comes into the world (John 1:9); it’s the compass with which you navigate your way successfully through life. Life is filled with chances and choices; and in making decisions you need proper guidance, which only God’s Word can provide.

The Bible says, “That which makes manifest is light” (Ephesians 5:13); meaning that light illuminates. Hebrews 4:12-13, apart from highlighting the power and efficacy of God’s Word, also reveals its functionality as light. Part of it says, “…Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.”

The Word of God sees and knows everything; it touches every subject in life and discerns the thoughts and intents of the heart. When you study the Word, you receive much more than inspiration; you receive divine light, insight, and wisdom to deal excellently in life.

No one can know what’s true or real except through the light of God’s Word, for the Word is truth (John 17:17), and truth means reality. If, today, there seems to be darkness in any area of your life, perhaps in your family, health, academics or business, use the true light, God’s Word. The solution to darkness is light. If the true Light (God’s Word) dwells in you richly, as admonished in Colossians 3:16, fear, failure, lack, sickness and all other results of darkness won’t have any place in you.

See with God’s light. See from the perspective of His Word. Interpret situations, circumstances and the conditions of your life from the standpoint of the Word. His light shows that greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. His light shows that you’re prosperous and have been brought into a wealthy place. His light shows that divine health is your present-hour possession and right in Christ.

CONFESSION

I know, and walk in my inheritance in Christ Jesus because I live and see from God’s perspective. His Word is my light, and that’s the light in which I live. I’m walking in the path of God’s destiny for my life, because I walk in the light, as He is in the light. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment [is] a lamp; and the law [is] light; and reproofs of instruction [are] the way of life.

Hebrews 4:12-13 For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things [are] naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Acts 9:32-43 & Ezra 1-3

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 2:41-52 & Deuteronomy 19

#TALKINGSESSION

21ST JUNE.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for receiving my worship, praise and thanksgiving, sanctifying them by Your Spirit. You’re magnified in my life, and Your glory has increased in my life. Thank You for an outstanding first half of the year of lights, and for Your grace that is piloting me into the great future You have for me.

I am strong and courageous! I see glory, victory, success and triumph all around me. I see with the eyes of the Spirit, through the Word, my glorious heritage in Christ. My heart greatly rejoices, for in Christ I see my salvation, strength, courage, victory, and righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen!

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: FRIDAY 21ST JUNE 2019

THEME: THE MISSIONARY CALL.

MEMORISE:

When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord. Luke 5:8

READ: Acts 13:1-5

1Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.

4 So they, being sent forth by the Holy Ghost, departed unto Seleucia; and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.

5 And when they were at Salamis, they preached the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews: and they had also John to their minister.

Over the years, I have always used every possible opportunity I get to remind my children that soul-winning is not an option for a Christian, it is a necessity. Although God has made provision for the salvation of mankind, the Holy spirit declares in Romans 10:13-15 that sinners may not have access to salvation unless preachers are sent. This highlights the importance of answering the call to missions. The call of God refers to God summoning individuals or groups of people to Himself for the purpose of fellowship and service, both in this world and in eternity. A great example of this is the call of the disciple s by the Master in Mark 3:14, which says:

“And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,”

The call of God may be tied to a specific place, task or vocation in life, and it might also be of a general nature. For example, God called Abraham, Moses and Jeremiah for specific purposes (Genesis 12:1-3, Exodus3:4, Jeremiah 1:5), and after Christ’s successful ministry on earth, He called all His disciples to accomplish the general mission of reaching out to the whole world (Matthew 28:18-20). The primary mandate of the Church is to reach out to all the nations of the earth with the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, teaching and baptizing them in the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. This is our Great Commission. Referring to our mandate, an author once wrote, “it was a Jew who brought the Gospel to Rome; a Roman who took it to France; a Frenchman who took it to Scandinavia; a Scotsman who evangelized Ireland; and an Irishman that in turn made the missionary conquest of Scotland. No people have every received the Gospel except at the hand of an alien”.

It is critical to note that every member of the Church has an obligation to preach the gospel, because our Lord said in Mark 13:10:

“And the gospel must first be published among all nations.”

Soul winners are not born; they are made out of ordinary individuals who possess a yielded spirit, commitment to do God’s will, compassion for lost souls, and a deep sense of God’s calling. I pray that you will not disappoint God’s grace upon your life, and that you will become an incurable soul winner in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT:

Father, please help me to fulfil my calling as a soul winner in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 23-25
Lamentation 4:17-5:22

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 15: MUST I GO, AND EMPTY-HANDED

1. “Must I go, and empty-handed,”
Thus my dear Redeemer meet?
Not one day of service give Him,
Lay no trophy at His feet?

Chorus:
“Must I go, and empty-handed?”
Must I meet my Savior so?
Not one soul with which to greet Him:
Must I empty-handed go?

2. Not at death I shrink nor falter,
For my Savior saves me now;
But to meet Him empty-handed,
Thought of that now clouds my brow.

Chorus:

3. O the years in sinning wasted;
Could I but recall them now,
I would give them to my Savior,
To His will I’d gladly bow.

Chorus:

4. O ye saints, arouse, be earnest,
Up and work while yet ’tis day;
Ere the night of death o’ertake thee,
Strive for souls while still you may.
SEEDS OF DESTINY:
BY DR. PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE
(DUNAMIS INTERNATIONAL GOSPEL CENTRE-DIGC)

FRIDAY 21 JUNE, 2019

TOPIC:
THE ENEMIES OF GREAT DESTINY

SCRIPTURE: Reuben, thou art my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power: Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel; because thou wentest up to thy father's bed; then defiledst thou it: he went up to my couch. Genesis 49:3-4.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: It is one thing to have great potential but it is another thing entirely to have great destiny.

In life, experiences have always shown that having a great potential does not necessarily translate into having a great destiny automatically. It is one thing to have great potentials but it is another thing entirely to have a great destiny.

Now, one reason why great potentials do not automatically translate into great destinies is because of the existence of enemies of destiny. It is very important to understand these enemies because what you don’t understand, you cannot confront or conquer; what cannot be identified cannot be rectified; what is not defined cannot be refined.

Now, what are the enemies of great destiny?

i) Iniquity: Sin corrupts destiny.

ii) Indecision: This is inability to make up one’s mind. A person who cannot make up his mind cannot amount to anything on earth.

iii) Indiscipline: Discipline undergirds distinction and destiny. Discipline is doing what is required to achieve what is desired; indiscipline, on the other hand, is the failure to do whatever is required in order to achieve whatever is desired.

iv) Lack of vision: Where there is no vision, there is no future. Your destiny or dignity is enhanced by your vision.

v) Pride: Pride resists your distinction. Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall (Proverbs 16:18). The absence of humility was responsible for the fall of Lucifer and Queen Vashti (Isaiah 14:12-14, Esther 1:19).

vi) Societal influence: To surrender to the influence of society is to sacrifice one’s future. A person who cannot have a mind of his own except the popular opinion of society can never amount to anything relevant in life.

Beloved, my significant counsel is, make up your mind to overcome these enemies of destiny in order to fulfil destiny.

ASSIGNMENTS:
1. Go through today’s message again.

2. Make up your mind to overcome the enemies of destiny in order to fulfill your destiny.

PRAYER: O Lord, I ask for the grace to overcome the enemies of destiny. Help me never to be a victim of iniquity, indecision, indiscipline, lack of vision, pride and societal influence, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: UNDERSTANDING AND OVERCOMING THE ENEMIES OF DISTINCTION AND EXCELLENCE.

DAILY READING: 2 Kings 1:1-2:25, Acts 13:42-14:7, Psalm 139:1-24, Proverbs 17:19-21

AMAZING FACT: In an effort to investigate the lie that the practicing of Christianity contributes to poor self-image, negative feelings, guilt, and therefore mental illness, a nursing instructor at Kishwaukee College and staff nurse at Rochelle Community Hospital found that the opposite is true, namely, that Christian belief and practice actually lead to better mental health.

QUOTE: The money that does not belong to you that you take; the woman that does not belong to you that you sin with, will hinder you from having access to what God planned for you on earth. Take it from me: taking what is not yours, forbids you from having what is yours. Culled from 21 FOOLISH THINGS PEOPLE DO by Dr Paul Enenche.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: Grace to overcome the enemies of destiny is released on you now, in Jesus’ Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: FRIDAY 21ST JUNE, 2019*

*TOPIC: SWEATING BEFORE SOARING*
*BASIC SCRIPTURE: LUKE 2:1-7*

Today’s scripture, Vs. 7, says that Jesus was born in a hot, dirty and rough manger, because there was no room for Him in the comfortable inn. Truly, there are wonderful hotels on earth today and there are magnificent inns in modern day Israel. If I were Joseph, I would book in advance for any of the best hotel at that time, but God was trying to teach someone a lesson: *BEFORE SOARING (CRUISING), YOU MUST LEARN TO SWEAT (CRY)!*

Do you know that Japan’s great and unbelievably fast, technological and industrial breakthrough started by her banning all imported articles and people were suffering? They started using crude automobiles (vehicles) for many years and other countries where laughing at them. Today, the best and most fuel economical cars, engines, and power generators are from Japan. The Hondas, the Suzukis, the Kawasakis, Mazdas and Toyotas are Japanese.

They sweated for years but today they are soaring! Even the Americans now import Japanese cars! Incredible! Listen to me child of God: That you are sweating today, does not mean you will not soar like the eagle tomorrow! Jesus sweated in the manger, but today, He has soared above heat (STORY to GLORY)! Never stop because you are sweating and nobody is noticing you now! *Who knew Jesus in that despised manger? Only the nobodies – the shepherds! But today, even presidents, kings and queens are searching for Him!* A man called Woodrow Wilson said: *“I would rather fail in a cause that will ultimately succeed.”* 90 per cent of all failures result from people refusing to sweat and giving up so soon! 

Always remember that the way to success runs uphill! The power to hold on in spite of your present struggles and sweat is the winner’s quality. Hold on to God!

*Tomorrow is the Lagos Anointing Service For JUNE. Theme: “STAGNATION MUST EXPIRE NOW!” Come with 3 SPECIAL PRAYER POINTS again. Time Is 7.30am-11am strictly! Venue: OGUDU-ORIOKE, TRANSFORMER BUS-STOP. Be there!*
*Also sow your MERCY SEED and do a CHARITY WORK this month! Next Sunday! Last Sunday of June, 30th, is the GRAND FINALE! Join us as we visit MERCY homes that day! Take off points are Ogudu Orioke and Lekki Mountains 10am.*
*Saturday 29th is MEDICAL OUTREACH! Join us at Ogudu Orioke and Lekki Mountains is you are a medical personnel or nurse! Help the needy and sick!*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take Song 3: When The Morning Comes…
1. Thank God for the Word and pray about today’s word as led.
2. My name shall not be recorded in the register of failures in Jesus name *(Pray it with holy aggression).*
3. You Pharaoh of discouragement, I bury you in the Red Sea of like in Jesus name.

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: PSALM 79-81*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/AUTHOR AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF_

*Song 3: When The Morning Comes*

1. Trials dark on ev’ry hand,
And we cannot understand
All the ways that God would lead us
To that blessed Promised Land;
But He’ll guide us with His eye,
And we’ll follow till we die;
We will understand it better by and by.

*Chorus*

By and By, when the morning comes,
When the saints of God
Are gathered home,
We will tell the story
How we’ve overcome;
We will understand it
Better by and by.

2. Oft our cherished plans have failed,
Disappointments have prevailed,
And we’ve wandered in the darkness,
Heavyhearted and alone;
But we’re trusting in the Lord,
And according to His Word,

3. Temptations, hidden snares
Often take us unawares.
And our hearts are made to bleed
For some thoughtless word or deed.
And we wonder why the test
When we try to do our best,
THE LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Friday, June 21, 2019.

SPEAK TO THE FISH, FATHER
READ: Jonah 1:1-17

1 Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Amittai, saying,
2 “Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry out against it; for their wickedness has come up before Me.”
3 But Jonah arose to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord. He went down to Joppa, and found a ship going to Tarshish; so he paid the fare, and went down into it, to go with them to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord.
4 But the Lord sent out a great wind on the sea, and there was a mighty tempest on the sea, so that the ship was about to be broken up.
5 Then the mariners were afraid; and every man cried out to his god, and threw the cargo that was in the ship into the sea, to lighten the load. But Jonah had gone down into the lowest parts of the ship, had lain down, and was fast asleep.
6 So the captain came to him, and said to him, “What do you mean, sleeper? Arise, call on your God; perhaps your God will consider us, so that we may not perish.”
7 And they said to one another, “Come, let us cast lots, that we may know for whose cause this trouble has come upon us.” So they cast lots, and the lot fell on Jonah.
8 Then they said to him, “Please tell us! For whose cause is this trouble upon us? What is your occupation? And where do you come from? What is your country? And of what people are you?”
9 So he said to them, “I am a Hebrew; and I fear the Lord, the God of heaven, who made the sea and the dry land.”
10 Then the men were exceedingly afraid, and said to him, “Why have you done this?” For the men knew that he fled from the presence of the Lord, because he had told them.
11 Then they said to him, “What shall we do to you that the sea may be calm for us?”—for the sea was growing more tempestuous.
12 And he said to them, “Pick me up and throw me into the sea; then the sea will become calm for you. For I know that this great tempest is because of me.”
13 Nevertheless the men rowed hard to return to land, but they could not, for the sea continued to grow more tempestuous against them.
14 Therefore they cried out to the Lord and said, “We pray, O Lord, please do not let us perish for this man’s life, and do not charge us with innocent blood; for You, O Lord, have done as it pleased You.”
15 So they picked up Jonah and threw him into the sea, and the sea ceased from its raging.
16 Then the men feared the Lord exceedingly, and offered a sacrifice to the Lord and took vows.
17 Now the Lord had prepared a great fish to swallow Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.

MEMORISE:

And the Lord commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land. (Jonah 2:10)

EXPOSITION

Disobeying God can be very ruinous. We stand a chance of forfeiting a lot of fortunes, facing terrible challenges when we choose to disobey God. Prophet Jonah disobeyed God and spent three days and three nights in the belly of a fish, as penalty for his disobedience. The man of God repented and prayed, God spoke to the fish, and the letter vomited him (John 2:1-10).

The fish could do nothing short of obeying it's Creator. Imagine the needless pain Jonah subjected himself to, all because of disobedience. Definitely, the fish could only hold him at the Lord's command or permission. No one escapes the consequences of disobedience, most especially, when such refuses to repent (Prov. 11:20,21;16:5).

The fish in the context of today's Living Water is whatever trouble, affliction, misfortunes someone is going through, consequent on his disobedient to divine instructions. It is the power holding somebody else captive, because such person has failed God somewhere. It can be anything that has swallowed a Christian's fortune or causing untold hardship/suffering on the Christian for avoiding or neglecting God's assignment, or failing to admit his/her fault with respect to a misdeed.

Repentance provokes divine acceptance and restoration (2 Chro. 7:14-15; Isa. 1:17-20; John 2:1-10). Our repentance from our disobedience and the seeking of God's face provoke Him to speak to the powers holding us and our fortunes down. And when God speaks, everything submits to Him. What is the fish you need the Heavenly Father to speak to in your life, today? First settle grounds with God. Then, petition God regarding such fishes. You can't imagine how God would defend you powerfully.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Forgive me heavenly Father, and deliver me from the troubles my disobedience to You has introduced in my life, in Jesus name.
2. Heavenly Father, speak to the power holding my fortunes to release them to me, now, in Jesus name.
3. O Lord, have mercy on this nation and restore our fortunes. Deliver us from every agent of torment and torture, occasioned by our transgressions.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 CHRONICLES 19:16-23:2; JOHN 21:9-21:25; ACTS 1:1-1:5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM