The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justice Bulkachuwa withdraws from Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal
Justice Bulkachuwa withdraws from Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal

[Image: 5ce5a0725f91a.PNG]

The Chairman of the Presidential Election Petitions Tribunal, Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa, has withdrawn from the tribunal. This comes after the PDP in a petition before the tribunal, asked her to withdraw herself from the tribunal on grounds that she has some affiliations with the ruling party, APC.

The PDP alleged that Justice Bulkachuwa is the wife of Mr Adamu Bulkachuwa a prominent card-carrying member of the All Progressive Congress and Senator-elect for Bauchi north senatorial district which is a political party involved in the suit. 

Announcing her withdrawal from the five-member panel of the presidential election petitions tribunal, Justice Bulkachuwa said
Quote:“I have allowed the ruling on the application urging me to recuse my membership of the tribunal to test the position of the law. Now that the application has been dismissed on account of incompetence, I hereby announce my withdrawal from the panel. The remaining four members of the panel would remain while step would be taken to appoint my replacement.’’
[Image: icon_share.png]
by Linda
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

POLITICS
Atiku vs Buhari: Jonathan’s ex-aide speaks on withdrawal of Justice Bulkachuwa from Presidential Tribunal
[img=46x0]https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/4a8622219f137e1466eca707a785fdbb?s=46&d=mm&r=g[/img]
Published

on
 May 23, 2019
By
 Fikayo Olowolagba [/url]

[img=317x0]https://dailypost.ng/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/reno-omokri-620x400.png[/img]

Reno Omokri, former aide to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan has reacted to news of Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa withdrawing as chairman of the 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal.

Zainab, who is also the President of the Appeal Court made the announcement on Wednesday in Abuja after the tribunal had delivered ruling against an application challenging her membership of the tribunal.
[url=https://dailypost.ng/2019/05/22/atiku-vs-buhari-stepped-justice-bulkachuwa/]On why she stepped down,
 she said: “I have allowed the ruling on the application urging me to recuse my membership of the tribunal to test the position of the law.”

In a post on his Twitter page, Reno, reacting said Bulkachuwa’s action showed she is courageous and patriotic.
The former presidential aide commended Justice Bulkachuwa for her decision.
He wrote: “I commend Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa for recusing herself from the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal.

“It is the right thing to do considering that her husband is an elected APC politician. Her action took courage and shows patriotism.”
Recall that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its Presidential Candidate in the Feb.23 general election, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, had approached the tribunal to challenge Bulkachuwa’s membership.
They prayed the tribunal to order the discharge of the chairman of the tribunal
Atiku Abubakar reacts to Justice Bulkachuwa's withdrawal as chairman of the Presidential Election Tribunal

[Image: _104399056_gettyimages-1047118038.jpg]

Former Vice President and PDP Presidential candidiate in the 2019 election, Atiku Abubakar, has applauded Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa for withdrawing her position as Chairman of the 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal.

Bulkachuwa announced her withdrawal yesterday following a petition from the PDP and Atiku on grounds that she has a personal relationship with members of the ruling APC.

Read Atiku's statement below
Quote:One of the principal maxims of the Common Law is nemo judex in causa sua (no man shall be a judge in his own case). The call by my legal team for Justice Zainab Bulkachuwa to recuse herself from the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal was predicated on this principle, being that her husband, Alhaji Mohammed Bulkachuwa, is an All Progressives Congress Senator-elect and the case she was expected to adjudicate upon had a bearing on that party.
My legal team's objection was not a reflection on Justice Bulkachuwa's character or competence. As a matter of fact, I have great respect for her, being a pioneer and advocate for gender equality and female empowerment.
It is with this in mind that I commend Justice Bulkachuwa for recusing herself from the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal Panel hearing my petition against the Independent National Electoral Commission and the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, President Muhammadu Buhari.
Her action showed courage and is an act of patriotism. She has, by this action, increased the confidence the public have for the judiciary.
Not only do I commend her, I also pray, especially in this holy month of Ramadan, that Justice will be done by the tribunal according to the fear of God and not in keeping with respect for the powers that be.
May God bless the judiciary and may God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Atiku Abubakar
Waziri Adamawa
Presidential candidate of PDP and Vice President of Nigeria, 1999-2007
[Image: icon_share.png]
by Linda 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I’ll contest Anambra election, win overwhelmingly, says Soludo Edoman 0 703 07-17-2021, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Anambra Election: Personal Particulars Of Candidates Released By INEC Edoman 0 764 07-16-2021, 03:32 PM
  We are in trouble if INEC is not allowed to transmit election results - Falana Edoman 0 710 07-15-2021, 11:08 AM
  Reno Omokri withdraws support for IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu Edoman 0 641 07-07-2021, 02:57 PM
  Canadian Justice Minister calls Nigeria's Justice Minister, Malami, a "disgrace" over Edoman 0 603 07-06-2021, 12:46 PM
  Anambra: Andy Uba wins APC primary election Edoman 0 611 06-27-2021, 01:47 PM
  Anambra 2021: Valentine Ozigbo Wins PDP Governorship primary Election Edoman 0 736 06-27-2021, 01:22 PM
  Ohaneze Ndigbo Youth Council petitions UK and US over President Buhari's tweet Edoman 0 537 06-02-2021, 09:12 PM