The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Wednesday 22nd May
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

WEDNESDAY, 22ND MAY.

BAR THE WRONG THOUGHTS FROM YOUR HEART

Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life (Proverbs 4:23).

The word, “keep” as used in the scripture above is the same used in Genesis 2:15: “And the LORD God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.” It actually implies taking care of something in a protective way and ensuring its security against an external aggressor.

The Good News Bible translation puts it clearer. It says, “…the LORD God placed the man in the Garden of Eden to cultivate it and guard it.” The word “guard” has a military connotation, which suggests protecting from attack or maintaining in safety from danger. This is the sense in which we’re to defend our hearts against wrong thoughts.

Wrong, unwholesome thoughts are enemies you must ward off continually. Read the James Moffat’s rendering of our opening verse; it’s profound. It says, “Guard above all things, guard your inner self so you can live and prosper. Bar out all thoughts of evil and banish wayward words.” This doesn’t suggest or give room for you to be casual in dealing with wrong thoughts.

There’s a devil out there trying to send wrong thoughts into your heart through your mind; that’s his job. But you’re to bar his evil thoughts and banish his wayward suggestions by simply saying, “No” to them; erect a blockade against them.

God isn’t going to guard your heart for you. The responsibility is yours. But the good news is that you’re not helpless as to what to do. You’ve been equipped with “...the whole armour of God...” (Ephesians 6:11), and what you need to do is put it on and never take it off!

With your armour in place, you’ll be able to banish every evil thought or contrary idea that tries to assault your mind. Moreover, 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 declares, “(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdsWink Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.”

CONFESSION

I refuse to accommodate unwholesome, unhealthy and noxious thoughts or let the news of fear, poverty, economic meltdown, diseases or death run my life or determine the circumstances of my existence. My mind is guarded by the Word and completely yielded to the right ideas, thoughts, materials, and messages. Therefore, I’m built up, edified and strengthened in the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Philippians 4:8; Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Romans 12:2; And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
John 10:22-42 & 2 Kings 8-9

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Mark 12:13-17 & Numbers 25

#TALKINGSESSION

22ND MAY.

KINDLY SAY THIS WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Father, I thank You for Your grace in my life, and the ability to show care, and be diligent in all my duties and responsibilities. I am full of wisdom, and continually receive thoughts and ideas from the Spirit that put me over, and give me the advantage always. I am made for life, and set up for honour.

I live above the economy and the systems of this world, because the greater One lives in me! I am not subject to the elements of the world, and my life is a testimony of God's greatness. Divine might is at work in me, and my victory in Christ is fully assured. Hallelujah!

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: WEDNESDAY 22ND MAY 2019

THEME: THE PRAYER ANSWERING GOD.

MEMORISE:

And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. Psalm 50:15

READ: 1 Chronicles 4:9-10

9 And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.

10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

Here’s some good news for children of God today: The Almighty God, the creator of the universe, still answers prayers of those who call on Him. There is someone using this devotional who thinks that God no longer answers prayers, because it seems you have never received an answer to your prayers before. Those testimonies you have been hearing of God’s awesome acts now look like make-up stories. The Lord asked me to declare to you these words of Jesus Christ today:

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.”
John 16:23b-24

God’s promise in today’s memory verse is as valid as ever, and we must keep believing it. We should not allow the devil cheat us by convincing us to seek other alternatives instead of praying to God. When the Almighty declared the words in Psalm 50:15, He was not making a political statement; rather, He was telling us not only what He is capable of doing but also what He is eager to do if only we believe. In John 11:40, Jesus said to Martha:

“……. Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?”

One man who experienced this prayer-answering God was Jabez. Reacting to the painful circumstances surrounding his birth, his mother gave him a name meaning “child of sorrow”. However, Jabez was determined to defy the negative influence of this bad name. he therefore called upon God and the Lord and granted his request. Are you under a similar burden? I decree over you today that like Jabez, every negative influence affecting you will be wiped away as you pray in faith in Jesus Name. you can learn a lot from the prayer of Jabez, particularly the way he rejected poverty by a simple prayer of faith. Jabez did not shy away from prosperity like some Christians do. I have tasted poverty, so much so that I had no shoe on my feet until I was eighteen years old. I have also tasted of divine prosperity. I can therefore tell you that one is far better than the other. Moreover, Jabez prayed that riches should come into his life without bringing calamity along. He believed that the God who blessed can equally protect him from the evil that can be associated with wealth. People who fear being wealthy should learn from the prayer of Jabez and begin to call on the prayer answering God, who alone can protect as well as bless (Proverbs 10:22). Go ahead and pray for your heart desires; today is your day of answered prayer.

ACTION POINT:

Following the pattern of Jabez’s prayer, ask the Lord to bless you indeed.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 37-38
Jeremiah 40:1-12

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 8: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE
My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Savior divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
SEEDS OF DESTINY:
BY DR. (PST.) PAUL ENENCHE
(DUNAMIS INTERNATIONAL GOSPEL CENTRE-DIGC.)

WEDNESDAY 22ND MAY, 2019

TOPIC:
BE THE BEST

SCRIPTURE: For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Your aim determines your end; your vision determines your destination.

Every manufacturer designs his product to succeed in the market and be effective in the hands of the customer. All products, are therefore manufactured to succeed. In the same manner, God, our Maker and Creator did not create anyone to suffer, fail or endure life. Life was never designed by God to be endured, rather, life is meant to be enjoyed (1 Tim. 6:17). God never planned for anyone to pass through life practically under pressure. No one was created to be an experimental object for satan’s wickedness. We are to arrive at the best God has for us spiritually, socially, materially, etc.

Paul the Apostle was meant to be the least of the apostles but, later in life, he became the best. He became the Apostle who wrote almost half of the New Testament. It does not matter whether you are a late comer to God, or in any other realm in life, if you determine to make it and give it everything it takes, you can make it to the highest level.

Now, how do you become the best God wants you to be?

1. Aim high (Phil. 3:13-14)

Your aim determines your end; your vision determines your destination. Low aim equals low life; no aim equals no life. Average aim equals average life; high aim equals high destiny. Be focused on the ultimate so you can escape the immediate. You cannot focus on the future and be trapped in the present.

2. Where you mind determines where you end (Phil. 3:13-14)

If you are forward minded, you cannot remain backward in life and if you are backward minded, you can never find yourself in the front.

Beloved, to be the best, you must be yourself. What you think about today determines where you will find yourself tomorrow. Beware of your thoughts because they may come to pass. As long as your mind is in agreement with your utterance, your thoughts will come to pass.

REMEMBER THIS: Your aim determines your end; your vision determines your destination.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Be focused; avoid needless distractions

2. Avoid the wrong company

PRAYER: O LORD, I ask that You grant me the grace to be totally focused on You. I desire the best in life; help me to achieve it, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: BEING THE BEST

QUOTE: When opportunity meets preparation, the outcome is celebration. Culled from CAREER AND WORKPLACE WISDOM by Dr Paul Enenche

DAILY READING: 2 Samuel 1:1 to 2:11, John 12:20 to 50, Psalm 118:19 to 29, Proverbs 15:27 to 28

AMAZING FACT: Only about 10% of the world's currency is physical money, the rest only exists on computers.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: Receive the grace to stand out and be the beat in this season in Jesus’ Name
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR 

THE CHAMPIONS

TUESDAY MAY 21, 2019

TOPIC: THE POINT OF “IF I PERISH, I PERISH”
BASIC SCRIPTURE: (ESTHER 4: 5-17)

Be reminded of the definition of commitment: “To BIND oneself o a certain course or policy.” 

Commitment is when you are ready to die rather than give up! Get to your ministry, office/shop/ business tomorrow and declare: “I’d rather die than give up on this vision/mission.” Make the same declaration concerning your academics, career, marriage, etc.

Note that HAMAN (any strong obstacle) can only bow to ESTHER (any committed and determined person) at the point of “IF I PERISH, I PERISH.” Years ago, what would have happened if Nelson Mandela had given up on his dream while he was in prison during the infamous, inhuman, ruthless and wicked APARTHEID REGIME?

This vision and booklet, ODM, would probably not be in South Africa today because I. the author – Bishop Dr Chris, is black and not white.

During his famous trial, just before his 21 years in a lonely prison cell, Mr. Mandela made this bloodstained speech: “During my lifetime, I have dedicated myself to this struggle of the African people; I have fought against black domination.
I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal for which I am prepared to die for.” Did you get that?

Oh, thank you Holy Ghost! Did that man not rule that same country 21 years later? He probably read or was inspired by Esther 4:16!

In this STORY to GLORY year, determine that for whatever you are believing God for, there is no going back. Determine to proclaim daily: “Though He slay me, yet will 1 trust Him” – Job 13:15. Determine that since God cannot lie and He cannot fail, you will be yoked (bonded) to your life’s assignment even if it means death.

Yes, be determined and never forget an extract from the booklet “Divine Comedy”: “In Fama non si vien, ne sotto cotter — For fame is not won by lying on a feather bed nor under a canopy.”

In the uncomfortable trials/bends of life, get to the point of “IF I PERISH, I PERISH” and at the end, by the workings of God, the fame of your testimony shall spread afar off! Amen and amen!
Our New York office is now: Unit C36, 67 West Street, Brooklyn, NY11222. Phone: (Whatsapp and text only) +1347 404 2121. Send in your healing testimonies to: orderodm@gmail.com

PRAYER POINTS: Take any song of worship as led.
1. Worship God for the gift of life!
2. Pray seriously again about your 2019 goals now!
3. Lord, accelerate my life’s progress/speed (Pray it well).
4. Pray the morning, afternoon and evening devotional prayers daily. Agree with me: Pray the Agreement Prayer in page 55 of the booklet “War Against Haman-14.” God cannot lie!
BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)
PUBLISHER/AUTHOR & EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL*

*Wednesday, May 22, 2019*

*GO FORWARD!*
*Read Exodus 14:10-18*

*MEMORISE*

*And the Lord said to Moses, “Why do you cry to Me? Tell the children of Israel to go forward” (Exodus 14:15).*

*EXPOSITION*

When God says something, He means it. He should be taken for, and at His Word. He never said anything and retracted nor changed it in anyway. (Num. 29:19). If the military ranking gives a “march forward” to you, he expects total uncompromising compliance, even when such an order leads nowhere or makes no sense!

Israelites can be best described as people who were at crossroads and in dilemma of their lives when they got to the Red Sea. Having experienced divine deliverance from the suffering and slavery of the stiff-necked Pharaoh, their joy knew no bounds, but it was very slender. No sooner had they been freed, than they had before, them a massive and poisonous sea! To worsen the case, the stubborn Egyptian were advancing- so close to them! Any more dilemma than this?

At that, forgetful people of God resorted to persuading Moses and his lieutenants to lead them back to Egypt, believing parochially it was more honourable to die and have sepulchers in Egypt, than perishing inside red sea! What an unfortunate incidence! Christians must take caution not to allow any situation, no matter how grieving or devastating to persuade us to be tempted to consider going back to ‘Egypt' is the option!

Their forgetfulness of God’s dealing with them and their unbelief notwithstanding, God still waded in by instructing Moses to take a step which eventually led them to their total victory over the Pharaohs’ warriors who became feed for the fishes and sea creatures. God sees there are stumbling blocks before you, but He still says, *‘Go forward!’* Why? Because those ‘stumbling blocks’ shall soon become stepping stones to your greater heights (Isaiah 40:12-14). You’ll go places. Just hold on to His instructions. (Deut. 28:1).

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. O Lord, I receive the grace and auction to advance forward, irrespective of what is before me!
2. Lord, help those who are being severely persecuted for Gospel’s sake, not to turn back from You. Make them stand to the end.
3. O Lord, increase our faith in this country to know that better days awaits and lie ahead of our nation.
*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: I Kings 8:39 - 10:8; John 5:37 - 6:11.*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM