The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Monday 20th May
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

MONDAY, 20TH MAY.

THE INWARD MAN: THE REAL YOU

But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price (1 Peter 3:4).

In 2 Corinthians 4:16, Paul clearly distinguishes between the outward man and the inward man when he said, “ For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.” The one Peter calls the “hidden man of the heart” in our opening verse is the same the Apostle Paul calls the “inward man.”

The outward man is the physical body and its five senses of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and taste. These senses are man’s medium for relating with his environment. The human body can only receive information from this world through its five senses. The inward man, however, is the human spirit and his soul; the seat of his mind, will, and emotions.

The “inward man” is the real you. He’s not seen with the natural eyes, because he’s the “man within the man”; the real person living in the physical body. That’s the one who receives Christ’s salvation and relates with God. When you believed and confessed the Lordship of Jesus, it wasn’t your body (the outward man) who was reborn; it was your inward man—your human spirit.

When you speak, it’s the inward man that talks through your mouth; he’s the one expressing himself through your physical body. That’s why it’s so important that a man is born again. Being born again is the recreation of the inward man—the human spirit—to become God’s dwelling place; His holy tabernacle.

Too many are more concerned about what’s going on in their bodies, the outward man, not realizing that they’re indeed spirit beings. The premium should be on training and educating your inward man because that’s the person and character of your being.

The Bible says, “The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly” (Proverbs 20:27). The Lord relates with your spirit in leading and guiding you; He contacts you through your spirit, the inward man. Therefore, practise the exercise of educating your spirit, the inward man, with the Word. We’ll discuss this further in our next study.

CONFESSION

I refuse to live by the dictates of the flesh; I’m totally submissive to the lordship of the Word and yielded to the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit. I live the transcendent life of glory inherent in my spirit, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Job 32:8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
John 9:1-41 & 2 Kings 4-5

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Mark 11:27-33 & Numbers 23
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: MONDAY 20TH MAY 2019

THEME: SATANIC CHILD PSYCHOLOGY.

MEMORISE:

Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul. Proverbs 29:17

READ: 1 Samuel 3:11-14

11 And the LORD said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that heareth it shall tingle.

12 In that day I will perform against Eli all things which I have spoken concerning his house: when I begin, I will also make an end.

13 For I have told him that I will judge his house for ever for the iniquity which he knoweth; because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them not.

14 And therefore I have sworn unto the house of Eli, that the iniquity of Eli's house shall not be purged with sacrifice nor offering for ever.

I think we can all agree that chastisement is not a pleasant thing. However, although nobody wants to be chastised, rebuked or corrected, it is necessary if we want to reach our goal in life. If we want young souls to become great, we must rebuke them, and sharply too, before it is too late. It is satanic psychology that teaches that children should not be corrected or punished for wrong doing. Contrary to this lie, the wisdom of God tells us in Proverbs 13:24:

“He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.”

It is not a virtue but rather vain glorying to hear people say, “I don’t punish my child” or “My father never punished me.” The Lord said He would judge the house of Eli forever for the iniquity of his children, because he knew about it but did not punish them for it (1 Samuel 3:13). Some parents cannot even endure the pain of chastising their children, and so they allow them to develop into persons with evil character. Such parents need to understand that God, in His wisdom, says in Hebrews 12:11:

“Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.”

Today, in the so-called developed world, corporal punishment is outlawed to the peril of the young and upcoming generation. Modern child psychology has vehemently come up against corporal punishment. It is therefore not surprising that modern society is paying a high price for this in the form of character erosion. There is no psychologist anywhere in the world that can be more accurate in judgement than the Creator of mankind who owns all children (Psalm 127:3). Based on what He knows about children, He said in Proverbs 22:15:

“ Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.”

It is unfortunate that some people take this verse as a mere figurative statement. In any case, we can do nothing against the truth but for the truth (2 Corinthians 13:8). While I was growing up in my hometown, a rich parent arrested our teacher for flogging his child and this teacher vowed never to punish the children of the so-called rich among us again. Unfortunately, those children never amounted to anything good in life. Beloved, the child psychology that forbids chastening or rebuke gets its inspiration from the pit of hell. We must reject it in its entirety if we desire a glorious future for the next generation.

ACTION POINT:

Pray that God will fill the hearts of parents, guardians and teachers with His fear and wisdom to influence the next generation into godliness.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 33-34
Jeremiah 38:14-28

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 16: GOD GIVE US CHRISTIAN HOMES

1. God, give us christian homes!
Homes where the Bible is loved and taught,
Homes where the master’s
Will is sought,
Homes crowned with beauty thy love hath wrought;
God, give us christian homes;
God, give us christian homes!

2. God, give us christian homes!
Homes where the father is true and strong,
Homes that are free from the blight of wrong,
Homes that are joyous with love and song;
God, give us christian homes;
God, give us christian homes!

3. God, give us Christian homes!
Homes where the mother, in queenly quest
Strive to show others thy way is best
Homes where the lord is an honored guest;
God, give us Christian homes;
God, give us Christian homes!

4. God, give us Christian homes!
Homes where the children are led to know
Christ in His beauty who loves them so,
Homes where the altar fires burn and glow;
God, give us Christian homes;
God, give us Christian homes!
Amen.
SEEDS OF DESTINY:
BY DR. (PST.) PAUL ENENCHE
(DUNAMIS INTERNATIONAL GOSPEL CENTRE-DIGC.)

MONDAY 20TH MAY, 2019

TOPIC:
THE BLESSEDNESS OF BEING A BLESSING

SCRIPTURE: Now the Lord had said unto Abram, get thee out of thy country and from thy kindred and from thy father’s house unto a land that I will show thee. And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee and make thy name great and thou shall be a blessing. Genesis 12:1-2

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Any blessing that stops with you is not a blessing; it is just a realm of survival.

We live in a world today that is filled with so much selfishness, wickedness and heartlessness (Matt. 24:10). People only think of themselves and of no one else. Only very few people understand what it means to live a life that is a blessing to others. Being a blessing is a secret of the future. The seeds of Abraham are everywhere on the earth because he decided not just to be blessed, but to be a blessing.

It is a blessed thing to be a blessing to others. I would like you to take note of the following key thoughts concerning the blessedness of being a blessing:

1. Being a blessing is better than just being blessed. There is a higher realm of living than just being blessed and that is the realm of being a blessing. Any blessing that stops with you is not a blessing; it is just a realm of survival. Being a blessing earns you an enviable place in history, makes you live beyond your time.

2. Being a blessing guarantees the future of the blessed. Any person who does not share the opportunities or the blessings that come his way eats up his future. There is no future for the self-centred.

Now, what does it mean to be a blessing?

1. It means making positive contributions to an individual or a group of individuals, family, church, a nation and to God.

2. It is to facilitate the success of others both spiritually and physically.

3. It means reducing the stress and sweat of others physically, spiritually, emotionally or psychologically.

4. It is being a positive change agent, changing the conditions, situations and circumstances of the lives of others.

Beloved, when you make your life a blessing, you will never be dry as far as the Blessing of God is concerned, because for as long as a tap conducts water, it can never be dry.

REMEMBER THIS: Any blessing that stops with you is not a blessing; it is just a realm of survival.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Locate a person or people around you and trust God to be of blessing to them.

2. Start from where you are and with what you have.

PRAYER: O Lord, I declare that I am a blessing to my generation. I am a blessing not a burden. I matter to this generation, Lord in the Name of Jesus.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: BE A BLESSING.

QUOTE: Your favour for God’s Kingdom will command God’s favour in your direction. Culled from 30 SECRETS TO THE TOP by Dr Paul Enenche

DAILY READING: 1 Samuel 26:1 to 28:25, John 11:1 to 54, Psalm 117:1 to 2, Proverbs 15:22 to 23

AMAZING FACT: Billy Graham, the American evangelist preached for 102 consecutive nights to packed crowds in 1967 at the Madison Square Garden in New York. His crusade was scheduled for only six weeks but it went on ten weeks longer.

DON’T FORGET TO ATTEND: The Healing and Deliverance Service tomorrow by 9:00am. Invite someone. God bless you as you do so.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: May God do for you, what is beyond just you and your immediate family; may nations call you blessed in Jesus’ Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: MONDAY 20TH MAY, 2019*

*TOPIC: TO BE BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!*
*BASIC SCRIPTURES: COLOSSIANS 1:19; 2:1-10*

A rapist deemed too obese (FAT) for prison will cost taxpayers at least $1,250 each day he spends in hospital. That’s more than four times the $300 daily cost of keeping an inmate behind bars. Also, the attorney for a 72 year-old man from Florida who was convicted in a tax scheme is using obesity (FATNESS) to try to keep his client out of prison.

Curtis Fallgater wrote in a court filing that Stephen Donaldson Sr. doesn’t have an average man’s life expectancy because he is 5 foot 9 and weighs 273 pounds. Ah! Years ago, a 44 year-old British man, Frederick McClure, was released earlier than his jail term from prison in the United Kingdom because the authorities said *he was too fat to be a prisoner.* The man, who weighs 254kg, had served half of his 5-year sentence for child sex offences before he was released by prison chiefs who expressed delight at seeing him leave.

*Prison officers complained that the man was costing the prison almost $35,000 a year for a nurse to bathe him and change his socks. The cost of keeping him in prison forced the authorities to release him ahead of his pronounced term.* Since all truth is parallel, what the Holy Ghost is saying to a user of today’s devotional is: *Get fatter in the spirit and get out of demonic jails. The truth is that spiritual fat people cannot be oppressed or kept in jail by the powers of darkness!* Satan takes pleasure in harassing spiritually thin people and he can manipulate them in the prison house for as long as he wants.

Do you know that as far as God is concerned, you are a fat person in the spirit? The Bible says in Colossians 2:9: “For in Him dwelleth all the *FULLNESS* of the God-head bodily.” Then John 1:6 says: “His *FULLNESS* have all we received, and grace for grace.” That means that everyone who has Jesus on his/her inside is carrying the *FULLNESS* of Jehovah God since Jesus contains the fullness of the Godhead. That means you must let the devil know that you are loaded to the fullest! Let the dumb devil know that you are too blessed to be stressed and too determined to be defeated. How can a man/woman carrying God be a failure? NO! Let the devil know that you are too favoured to be labored, too busy to be sad, too positive to be doubtful, and too optimistic to be fearful. Indeed, you are too fat to be in jail. Laugh at the devil now!

*ONE-ON-ONE WITH ME IS BACK at Ogudu Mountain. Time: 8am Sundays! Satan is in trouble! Call +234-805-624-1771; 0815-262-6135 for more information! See page 45 for details.*

*PRAYER POINTS* Take Song 2: Count Your Blessings...

1. Thank God that you are carrying the *FULLNESS* of the Godhead. *Finish your Bible in 2019. Get fatter*
2. Satan, you are a lair and a failure concerning my life, family and ministry. I am too blessed to be stressed and too full to fail. I am too fat (loaded) to be in your jail. I therefore decree: All your plans and activities in my life, scatter now! Your end has come. Pack your load and go forever in Jesus name.
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: JOB 21-24*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/AUTHOR AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF_

*Song 2: Count Your Blessings*

1. When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

*Refrain*

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.

3. When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings. Wealth can never buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.

4. So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be disheartened, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end
*THE LIVING WATER*

*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Monday, May 20, 2019*

*TOPIC: THE PLACE OF PREPARATION IN OPPORTUNITY*
*Read: 1 Samuel 17:33-37*

*MEMORISE: _Your servant has killed both lion and bear; and this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, seeing he has defied the armies of the living God_ (1 Samuel 17:36).*

*EXPOSITION*

When preparation colludes with opportunity, there is a great spark in the spirit. It has been said that proper preparation prevents poor performance.
David was tending his father’s flock in the forest, and as a result, he faced various challenges as a shepherd. He experienced loneliness, went through several attacks from wild animals, at times went hungry with no food, and yet, he remained a faithful and steadfast shepherd who never complained. Little did he know that God was actually preparing him for a greater task ahead.
On the battle field, while others were shivering and afraid of Goliath, David was full of confidence that he had come across and overcome bigger battle and challenges than Goliath. There is a boldness that comes with allowing God to prepare us, before the opportunity comes. It is pity today that most people, especially our youths, want to shine and manifest very quickly, without first getting equipped for the task ahead.

Bob Gass said, “if you can’t pay the price, you cannot get the prize”. Many ministers pray for the manifestation of the supernatural in their various ministries but not all of them are willing to fast and pray to be equipped for it. All students want to graduate with a first-class degree, but how many of them study according to that wish? A footballer wants to be the best in the world, but he does not attend training regularly, neither does he follow the instructions from the coach. Preparation gives and adds value to opportunity.

*PRAYER POINTS*

*1.* Lord, prepare me for what You have purposed for me.
*2.* Lord, help me not to run away from situations and challenges that are meant to shape my destiny.
*3.* Lord, please save our youths from seeking short cuts to glory, instead of preparing for the future.
*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 King 5:18 – 7:25; John 4:47 – 5:14*
*Author: CAC WORLDWIDE*
*Remain Blessed!*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM