The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/showthread.php 137 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOS ANLOS ANGELES (AP) — Hard to believe
now Aaron Altherr Jersey , all these wins later, but the Alex Cora Era in Boston began with a loss. A brutal one, in fact.Opening day at Tropicana Field in late March, none of his late moves worked out as the bullpen blew a big lead in a 6-4 setback.No fan in New England would admit it now — still, chances are some had already started to wonder whether he was the right guy for the Red Sox.“It’s baseball,” Cora reassured that afternoon. “We know it’s going to happen. … I guess get it out of the way right away.”Yep, guess so.A calming presence in a boiling sports cauldron, Cora capped off one of the greatest runs by a first-year skipper in leading Boston to the World Series championship.His Cora-nation came Sunday night, when the Red Sox beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 5-1 in Game 5.The victory set off celebrations all over.While throngs of Red Sox fans chanted “Cor-a! Cor-a!” from the seats and so many more reveled across the country, all of Puerto Rico certainly cheered its native son from Caguas.Cora became the first manager from the island to guide a team to a championship. It came more than a year after Hurricane Maria devastated Puerto Rico — when Cora negotiated his contract last October, he asked the Red Sox to help his people with relief efforts, and the team eagerly pitched in.Moments after hoisting the championship trophy, Cora made one more request.“Next thing I’m going to ask ownership is if we can take the trophy to my island,” he said. “That would be great.”Cora again turned Dodger Stadium into his personal party room. A year ago, he celebrated at the park as Houston’s bench coach after the Astros beat Los Angeles in Game 7. This time, he was front and center when Boston lifted the shiny gold trophy.“It’s funny, because when they announced it, we were flying to LA last year between the Championship Series and the World Series, and ironic enough we win it here. So it goes full circle,” he said.Cora became the fifth manager to win the crown in his first season, joining Bob Brenly (Arizona, 2001), Ralph Houk (Yankees, 1961), Eddie Dyer (Cardinals, 1946) and Bucky Harris (Washington Senators Clay Buchholz Jersey , 1924).Called A.C. by his players, Cora has an unassuming presence. He often wears a gray hoodie in the dugout — the one he wore for Game 5 is headed to the Hall of Fame — and he doesn’t raise his voice. Except to yell at umpires, that is.Shouting at his own team?“No, no, I don’t,” he said before Game 5. “I talk to them and I try to stay in tune with them. If I have something to tell them, I just sit with them. Very casual. Very casual.”“I try to do it that way. It feels right. It feels right,” he said. “I never had a manager that was like rah, rah, screaming at guys. They always had good conversations, and I learned from them and that’s what I’m trying to do.”The result, said shortstop Xander Bogaerts, is Cora’s influence is “all positive, no negative stuff going on.”His dugout demeanor is boosted by a combination of analytical aptitude and people approach.“Coralytics” is what it’s called by his agent, Scott Boras.Cora was hired after John Farrell, who led the Red Sox to the 2013 title, was fired following two straight early exits in the AL playoffs.“Alex was the manager that fit for us. He was really good in so many ways,” Red Sox President of Baseball Operations Dave Dombrowski said before Game 5. “He knew Boston. I think he excels in dealing with the media, which in Boston is a bigger job than some other places. It can be cumbersome for a lot of people, and I’m not saying it’s not for him at times, but it’s part of the process and he handles it easily.”Cora was chosen over about a half-dozen candidates that included former managers Brad Ausmus and Ron Gardenhire.“It was a clear-cut choice that he was our guy,” Dombrowski said.After the opening loss, Boston won 17 of its next 18 games and was on its way.Cora steered the Red Sox to a team-record 108 wins in the regular season, then Boston topped the 100-win Yankees and Astros in the playoffs. Along the way, it seemed Cora could do no wrong.Brock Holt hit for the first postseason cycle when Cora gave him his only start of the Division Series against New York. Cora masterfully managed a bullpen that many questioned before October, then avoided burning it out by leaning on hard-throwing starter Nathan Eovaldi in key spots. And Cora helped coax a breakout postseason from World Series Game 5 winner David Price.“A.C. told us from the first day in spring training we could do it http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authentic-pat-neshek-jersey ,” AL MVP favorite Mookie Betts said. “We believed in ourselves, we believed in him and we went out and executed.”The clinching win at Houston came on the day Cora turned 43, and his players sang happy birthday to him in the clubhouse.“More than anything, he’s just brought consistency,” ace Chris Sale recently said. “He’s the same guy in the first inning as he is in the ninth inning of a 10-1 ballgame or 3-3 ballgame. I think that’s the overall thing as players that we take from him.“Ninth inning, bases loaded, one out of a one-run ballgame, and he’s sitting there eating seeds, doing the same thing as a 10-1 ballgame in the fourth inning. And I think that goes very well with us as players, when if he’s not panicking, why should we?” Sale said.Cora grew up playing ball with his older brother, Joey, a former big league infielder. Alex spent 14 years in the majors, batting .243 as an infielder with six teams.He got to the plate one time in Boston’s sweep of the 2007 World Series, putting down a sacrifice bunt for a team led by David Ortiz, Dustin Pedroia and Manny Ramirez.“Offensively, we did a lot of good things. And then the bench, it was amazing, they had the best utility guy in the bigs in 2007,” Cora said with a playful grin Sunday. “That guy was great.”With the season over, Cora can enjoy spending more time with his twin 15-month-old boys and older daughter. He can do that free from any criticism that comes with such a high-pressure job, too, although he doesn’t stress over it.“I really don’t care if they second-guess me. I prepare. We prepare as a group, and you make decisions,” he said after Game 1. “And honestly when I’m done here, I shower Chuck Klein Jersey , I get in that car, I might get a text and say, “Go to the pharmacy and get some diapers for the kids.” Sean Newcomb did last five innings today, but it was anything but a smooth performance for him."A big sixth inning for the Braves’ batters helped to overshadow what was another shaky spring training outing for Sean Newcomb as the Braves ended up winning their spring training tilt against the Blue Jays, 8-7.Prior to the offensive explosion in the sixth inning, the only run that the Braves could muster came from Andy Wilkins sending one flying over the fence in right-center field to give Atlanta the early lead in the second inning. Aside from that, they found it tough to crack the code that Matt Shoemaker was giving them over five innings. That changed once the sixth inning arrived, which is when Shoemaker started off that inning by hitting Dansby Swanson in the wrist (UPDATE: Apparently Dansby Swanson is a good actor) and giving up a single to Johan Camargo. That was when Shoemaker exited the game and the fun began for the Braves in that inning. The Braves ended up pushing five runs across the plate from that point forward, with Ronald Acu帽a Jr. contributing both an RBI and a run as well. Cristian Pache picked up an RBI and a stolen base during the offensive flurry as well. Atlanta added two more runs in the second, with one of those RBIs being credited to who else but Ronald Acu帽a. This was yet another good day at the plate for the reigning NL Rookie of the Year and it’s very apparent that he’s more than ready for the regular season to get underway.If Ronald Acuna has been having a great spring training, then the opposite could be said for Sean Newcomb. He had been struggling with his main achilles heel of giving up walks and things didn’t get much better today. He did get through five innings but it was anything but smooth. He only gave up runs the second of those five innings, but it was a rough second inning that basically summed up the spring training woes for Newcomb. Newcomb gave up a single and a walk to start off that frame and then Kevin Pillar went deep for a three-run dinger. Granted, Pillar has proven that he can put the ball over the fence but at the same time, you really don’t want to see Newcomb getting bopped around by a guy who has had a wRC+ in the 80s over the past three seasons. Sean Newcomb eventually exited with just those three runs allowed over five innings, but it also didn’t help that he issued five walks while he was out there. This tweet from David O’Brien sums up how the spring has gone for Newcomb.Sean Newcomb wasn’t the only pitcher who had a bit of a rocky outing. Arodys Vizcaino is currently in line to start the season as the closer, and he’d probably like to forget what happened today as he didn’t make it out of the inning that he was on to pitch. He entered the game in the seventh inning and promptly issued a walk and also threw a wild pitch that allowed the runner to make it to second. The runner made it home after a single and while Viz was able to pick up his second strikeout of the inning, he was pulled before he could face Teoscar Hernandez. Andres Santiago got to face Hernandez and Hernandez slugged a monster dinger to center field to add another earned run to Vizcaino’s tally and make it 8-6 Braves at that point. It wasn’t all bad for the Braves and their pitchers who figure to play a role in the regular season, though. Chad Sobotka had a nice outing and while Jonny Venters found himself in a tiny bit of a jam, he manged to work himself out of it in order to get a scoreless inning under his belt. It was a solid day at the plate for the regulars who you hope to see this season, but you still have to leave the game feeling a tad bit concerned about how Sean Newcomb is going to look this year. If Newcomb has got a switch, then it would be nice to see him turn it on when the games actually count. On the other hand, Brian Snitker didn’t seem overly concerned about his overall performance, so there’s that.As far as the actual ending of the game was concerned, well, enjoy this mental image. Jordan Harrison was in the game and had just given up a sacrifice fly (after Jose Rafael de Paula got into a mess to start off the ninth) and then proceeded to give up a walk to load the bases. Here’s how this ended:Baseball!

GELES (AP) — Hard to believe now Aaron Altherr Jersey , all these wins later, but the Alex Cora Era in Boston began with a loss. A brutal one, in fact.Opening day at Tropicana Field in late March, none of his late moves worked out as the bullpen blew a big lead in a 6-4 setback.No fan in New England would admit it now — still, chances are some had already started to wonder whether he was the right guy for the Red Sox.“It’s baseball,” Cora reassured that afternoon. “We know it’s going to happen. … I guess get it out of the way right away.”Yep, guess so.A calming presence in a boiling sports cauldron, Cora capped off one of the greatest runs by a first-year skipper in leading Boston to the World Series championship.His Cora-nation came Sunday night, when the Red Sox beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 5-1 in Game 5.The victory set off celebrations all over.While throngs of Red Sox fans chanted “Cor-a! Cor-a!” from the seats and so many more reveled across the country, all of Puerto Rico certainly cheered its native son from Caguas.Cora became the first manager from the island to guide a team to a championship. It came more than a year after Hurricane Maria devastated Puerto Rico — when Cora negotiated his contract last October, he asked the Red Sox to help his people with relief efforts, and the team eagerly pitched in.Moments after hoisting the championship trophy, Cora made one more request.“Next thing I’m going to ask ownership is if we can take the trophy to my island,” he said. “That would be great.”Cora again turned Dodger Stadium into his personal party room. A year ago, he celebrated at the park as Houston’s bench coach after the Astros beat Los Angeles in Game 7. This time, he was front and center when Boston lifted the shiny gold trophy.“It’s funny, because when they announced it, we were flying to LA last year between the Championship Series and the World Series, and ironic enough we win it here. So it goes full circle,” he said.Cora became the fifth manager to win the crown in his first season, joining Bob Brenly (Arizona, 2001), Ralph Houk (Yankees, 1961), Eddie Dyer (Cardinals, 1946) and Bucky Harris (Washington Senators Clay Buchholz Jersey , 1924).Called A.C. by his players, Cora has an unassuming presence. He often wears a gray hoodie in the dugout — the one he wore for Game 5 is headed to the Hall of Fame — and he doesn’t raise his voice. Except to yell at umpires, that is.Shouting at his own team?“No, no, I don’t,” he said before Game 5. “I talk to them and I try to stay in tune with them. If I have something to tell them, I just sit with them. Very casual. Very casual.”“I try to do it that way. It feels right. It feels right,” he said. “I never had a manager that was like rah, rah, screaming at guys. They always had good conversations, and I learned from them and that’s what I’m trying to do.”The result, said shortstop Xander Bogaerts, is Cora’s influence is “all positive, no negative stuff going on.”His dugout demeanor is boosted by a combination of analytical aptitude and people approach.“Coralytics” is what it’s called by his agent, Scott Boras.Cora was hired after John Farrell, who led the Red Sox to the 2013 title, was fired following two straight early exits in the AL playoffs.“Alex was the manager that fit for us. He was really good in so many ways,” Red Sox President of Baseball Operations Dave Dombrowski said before Game 5. “He knew Boston. I think he excels in dealing with the media, which in Boston is a bigger job than some other places. It can be cumbersome for a lot of people, and I’m not saying it’s not for him at times, but it’s part of the process and he handles it easily.”Cora was chosen over about a half-dozen candidates that included former managers Brad Ausmus and Ron Gardenhire.“It was a clear-cut choice that he was our guy,” Dombrowski said.After the opening loss, Boston won 17 of its next 18 games and was on its way.Cora steered the Red Sox to a team-record 108 wins in the regular season, then Boston topped the 100-win Yankees and Astros in the playoffs. Along the way, it seemed Cora could do no wrong.Brock Holt hit for the first postseason cycle when Cora gave him his only start of the Division Series against New York. Cora masterfully managed a bullpen that many questioned before October, then avoided burning it out by leaning on hard-throwing starter Nathan Eovaldi in key spots. And Cora helped coax a breakout postseason from World Series Game 5 winner David Price.“A.C. told us from the first day in spring training we could do it http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authentic-pat-neshek-jersey ,” AL MVP favorite Mookie Betts said. “We believed in ourselves, we believed in him and we went out and executed.”The clinching win at Houston came on the day Cora turned 43, and his players sang happy birthday to him in the clubhouse.“More than anything, he’s just brought consistency,” ace Chris Sale recently said. “He’s the same guy in the first inning as he is in the ninth inning of a 10-1 ballgame or 3-3 ballgame. I think that’s the overall thing as players that we take from him.“Ninth inning, bases loaded, one out of a one-run ballgame, and he’s sitting there eating seeds, doing the same thing as a 10-1 ballgame in the fourth inning. And I think that goes very well with us as players, when if he’s not panicking, why should we?” Sale said.Cora grew up playing ball with his older brother, Joey, a former big league infielder. Alex spent 14 years in the majors, batting .243 as an infielder with six teams.He got to the plate one time in Boston’s sweep of the 2007 World Series, putting down a sacrifice bunt for a team led by David Ortiz, Dustin Pedroia and Manny Ramirez.“Offensively, we did a lot of good things. And then the bench, it was amazing, they had the best utility guy in the bigs in 2007,” Cora said with a playful grin Sunday. “That guy was great.”With the season over, Cora can enjoy spending more time with his twin 15-month-old boys and older daughter. He can do that free from any criticism that comes with such a high-pressure job, too, although he doesn’t stress over it.“I really don’t care if they second-guess me. I prepare. We prepare as a group, and you make decisions,” he said after Game 1. “And honestly when I’m done here, I shower Chuck Klein Jersey , I get in that car, I might get a text and say, “Go to the pharmacy and get some diapers for the kids.” Sean Newcomb did last five innings today, but it was anything but a smooth performance for him."A big sixth inning for the Braves’ batters helped to overshadow what was another shaky spring training outing for Sean Newcomb as the Braves ended up winning their spring training tilt against the Blue Jays, 8-7.Prior to the offensive explosion in the sixth inning, the only run that the Braves could muster came from Andy Wilkins sending one flying over the fence in right-center field to give Atlanta the early lead in the second inning. Aside from that, they found it tough to crack the code that Matt Shoemaker was giving them over five innings. That changed once the sixth inning arrived, which is when Shoemaker started off that inning by hitting Dansby Swanson in the wrist (UPDATE: Apparently Dansby Swanson is a good actor) and giving up a single to Johan Camargo. That was when Shoemaker exited the game and the fun began for the Braves in that inning. The Braves ended up pushing five runs across the plate from that point forward, with Ronald Acu帽a Jr. contributing both an RBI and a run as well. Cristian Pache picked up an RBI and a stolen base during the offensive flurry as well. Atlanta added two more runs in the second, with one of those RBIs being credited to who else but Ronald Acu帽a. This was yet another good day at the plate for the reigning NL Rookie of the Year and it’s very apparent that he’s more than ready for the regular season to get underway.If Ronald Acuna has been having a great spring training, then the opposite could be said for Sean Newcomb. He had been struggling with his main achilles heel of giving up walks and things didn’t get much better today. He did get through five innings but it was anything but smooth. He only gave up runs the second of those five innings, but it was a rough second inning that basically summed up the spring training woes for Newcomb. Newcomb gave up a single and a walk to start off that frame and then Kevin Pillar went deep for a three-run dinger. Granted, Pillar has proven that he can put the ball over the fence but at the same time, you really don’t want to see Newcomb getting bopped around by a guy who has had a wRC+ in the 80s over the past three seasons. Sean Newcomb eventually exited with just those three runs allowed over five innings, but it also didn’t help that he issued five walks while he was out there. This tweet from David O’Brien sums up how the spring has gone for Newcomb.Sean Newcomb wasn’t the only pitcher who had a bit of a rocky outing. Arodys Vizcaino is currently in line to start the season as the closer, and he’d probably like to forget what happened today as he didn’t make it out of the inning that he was on to pitch. He entered the game in the seventh inning and promptly issued a walk and also threw a wild pitch that allowed the runner to make it to second. The runner made it home after a single and while Viz was able to pick up his second strikeout of the inning, he was pulled before he could face Teoscar Hernandez. Andres Santiago got to face Hernandez and Hernandez slugged a monster dinger to center field to add another earned run to Vizcaino’s tally and make it 8-6 Braves at that point. It wasn’t all bad for the Braves and their pitchers who figure to play a role in the regular season, though. Chad Sobotka had a nice outing and while Jonny Venters found himself in a tiny bit of a jam, he manged to work himself out of it in order to get a scoreless inning under his belt. It was a solid day at the plate for the regulars who you hope to see this season, but you still have to leave the game feeling a tad bit concerned about how Sean Newcomb is going to look this year. If Newcomb has got a switch, then it would be nice to see him turn it on when the games actually count. On the other hand, Brian Snitker didn’t seem overly concerned about his overall performance, so there’s that.As far as the actual ending of the game was concerned, well, enjoy this mental image. Jordan Harrison was in the game and had just given up a sacrifice fly (after Jose Rafael de Paula got into a mess to start off the ninth) and then proceeded to give up a walk to load the bases. Here’s how this ended:Baseball!
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  https://supplementupdates.com/hard-times-fx/ kogugaxod 0 1,631 07-24-2019, 10:33 AM
Last Post: kogugaxod
  Ariz. (AP) — Before the Los Angeles liny195 0 1,387 04-10-2019, 05:48 AM
Last Post: liny195