The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Monday 13th May
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

MONDAY, 13TH MAY.

THE GIFT OF KIND WORDS

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones (Proverbs 16:24).

The right words are better than gifts of money, and all earthly gifts. Read our opening verse again; it talks about kind words, gracious and pleasant words: they cheer you up, and bring out the best in you. They bring health.

You may give someone nice gifts, but if the words you give to that one aren’t as nice, then your gifts are worthless. The wars in our world are caused by words, and peace comes by words. When Jacob sent gifts ahead of him to his brother, Esau, who had sworn to kill him because of his (Jacob’s) deception, the gifts didn’t mean much to him. It didn’t stop him from advancing towards Jacob to attack him, even after he had seen the gifts.

However, the moment he heard the voice of Jacob, as Jacob addressed him and spoke to him peaceably and lovingly from his heart, it disarmed Esau; his heart melted. Isn’t that what the Bible says? “A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger” (Proverbs 15:1). A kind word will bring healing and work wonders.

Don’t speak grievous, hurtful or hateful words; speak kindly always, from your heart. Use kind words, not flattery. Flattery comes from the lips, and they have no life, no matter how sweet they sound. Flattery is deceptive; don’t flatter with your words. Don’t be like the one David described in Psalm 55:21. He said, “The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords.”

Words come from the heart; they reveal your personality and you can’t hide them. Therefore, fill your heart with God’s Words, for out of that abundance, you’ll speak words that heal, lift, encourage, bless and comfort others.

CONFESSION

My thoughts, words, and actions in my daily walk and relationship with others are guided by God’s Word. I’m completely yielded to the Holy Spirit who causes my speech at all times to be gracious, pleasant and winsome, seasoned with salt, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Ephesians 4:29 MSG; Watch the way you talk. Let nothing foul or dirty come out of your mouth. Say only what helps, each word a gift.

Colossians 4:6; Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
John 6:25-59 & 1 Kings 10-11

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Mark 10:1-12 & Numbers 16

#TALKINGSESSION

13TH MAY.

KINDLY SAY THIS WORDS OUT LOUD

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for filling me with Your Spirit. Thank you for revealing Christ Jesus to me, and granting me insight into mysteries and secrets of the Kingdom. I am mightily helped by Holy Spirit today to live triumphantly in every area of my life.

I thank You, because I know that every good and perfect gift is from You; and by Your Holy Spirit, my spiritual eyes are continually opened to recognize those resources, gifts and talents You’ve placed at my disposal, so I could be a solution provider, both in my life and in the life of God’s people, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: MONDAY 13TH MAY 2019

THEME: THE FEAR THAT PROSPERS.

MEMORISE:

Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways. Psalm 128:1

READ: Psalm 128:1-6

1Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.

2 For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.

3 Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table.

4 Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD.

5 The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life.

6 Yea, thou shalt see thy children's children, and peace upon Israel.

There is one fear which every wise person must possess, and this is the fear of the Lord. While the absence of the fear of the Lord has bought untold hardship upon many people’s lives, those who walked in it in the past all fulfilled their destinies. One example of someone who fulfilled his destiny by walking in the fear of the Lord is Joseph. From his experience, we are left with no doubt that sexual immorality is not an invention of the 21st century. As a matter of fact, it was this sin, among others, that destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. Besides, in the household of Joseph’s father, Jacob, sexual immortality was noticeable- we read of Reuben’s escapade with his father’s wife in Genesis 35:22, which earned him a curse in Genesis 49:4. In spite of the sexual immorality around him, Joseph feared the Lord, and this kept him from sleeping with his master’s wife. With fear and trembling, he said in Genesis 39:9:

“There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?”

Where did Joseph find it written that sleeping with another man’s wife is sin, not only against her husband but also against God? Considering that at the time he lived the Law of Moses was not yet given, it must have been the law of God written in his heart that constrained him (Romans 2:14-15). This law says in Exodus 20:14:

“Thou shalt not commit adultery.”

Joseph prospered because he feared the Lord. Do you fear the Lord? What is your character in your closet? How do you conduct yourself in hidden places? When you are corrected of wrongdoing by the spiritual leadership God has placed over you, do you question them on where it is written in Scriptures? Even after showing you where it is written, do you still argue? On account of being chastised, have you not changed your church or parish three or four time? Do you really fear the Lord? If you really fear the Lord, you will not be dating a married man or woman. If you really want to prosper, always remember that Psalm 128:1-2 says:

“1Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.
For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.”

Beloved, fear the Lord and abstain from all evil.

PRAYER POINT:

Father, I come to You as a child, asking you to instill Your fear in my heart to help me always do the right thing, no matter where I am, from now onward.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 20-21
Jeremiah 34:1-16

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 10: I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS

• I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

• The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;

• Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though- none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;

• My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;

• Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: MONDAY 13TH MAY, 2019*

*TOPIC: THE CNN DOCUMENTARY: THE FAITH OF OLD!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: JUDE 1-13*

A while ago, CNN ran a documentary with the caption: *“AFTER JESUS: THE FIRST CHRISTIANS”* and I was glued to my seat in tears as I was reminded of the lifestyle of the first century believers! I watched and saw the first century believers dancing to their gallows (graves) instead of mourning or denying Jesus! I was reminded of how the early believers defied lions and chose Jesus rather than long life and I wept for my generation!
Oh, my generation! Many a times, problems come our way and we forget that God is still in control.

*This is a generation that loves the THRONE, but hates the CROSS! We love the GLORY, but loathe the GROANING! We desire PROSPERITY, but deny ADVERSITY!* When times of discouragement come our way, we are to remember what the Apostles went through while working for God. The Apostle Paul who is known as one of the greatest Apostles suffered greatly for the cause of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible says that Paul was beaten for preaching the gospel of the Lord and placed in the depths of the jail in Philippi and yet victory was still in his mind while he sang praises to the Lord in spite of being in jail.

Paul was also whipped three separate times *with rods!* At a time, he was stoned and was shipwrecked three times! He was adrift at sea for one whole day and night and the list goes on and on… (2Corinthians 11:23-31). All of these tribulations that Paul went through is enough to cause anyone to say “I give up,” “I QUIT,” and yet the Apostle Paul says in 2Corinthians 4:17: “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.” Paul called his great sufferings, *“LIGHT AFFLICTIONS.”* Ah LORD, give us their hearts and devotion!

The faithfulness and adoration of Peter also comes to mind. He refused to be crucified like his Master. He chose to die upside down. Oh, what a band of men! *The Bible says you must pursue the faith that was once delivered to the saints (Jude 3), and part of that faith is the ability to endure trials.* Thank God for the prosperity gospel, but a message of the throne without cross is a satanic trap to paralyze the end time church. Watch! *There is always a STORY behind every GLORY!* And I see you forgetting every bitter story! Hold on, hold out and look up! Amen!

*Follow me on my personal instagram handle: ourdailymanna_bishopchris, personal Facebook: Chris Kwakpovwe and ODM instagram handle: ourdailymannaonline, ODM Facebook: our daily manna, ODM Twitter: TweetODM*
*PRAYER POINTS:* Take Song 2: Count Your Blessings…

1. In your own words, pray over today’s devotional.
2. LORD, I receive grace to contend for the faith that was once delivered to the saints. I am not a QUITTER! I shall hold on in FAITH and TRUST!
3. Lord, rain on me, a fresh grace to run my race afresh! *Pray about today as led!*
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: ESTHER 8-10*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/AUTHOR AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF_

*Song 2: Count Your Blessings*

1. When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

*Refrain*

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.

3. When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings. Wealth can never buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.

4. So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be disheartened, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end
*THE LIVING WATER*

*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Monday, May 13, 2019*

*TOPIC: OUR FRUITFULNESS COMES FROM GOD*
*Read: Hosea 14:1-8*

*MEMORISE: _Ephraim shall say, 'What have I to do anymore with idols?' I have heard and observed him. I am like a green cypress tree; Your fruit is found in Me_ (Hosea 14:8).*

*EXPOSITION*

Ephraim literally means fruitfulness. Joseph named him Ephraim and said because God has made me fruitful in the land of my suffering *(Gen. 41:52).* When Ephraim spoke, men trembled; because he was exalted in Israel. *(Hose. 13:1)* 

He used to be fruitful in God but he pursued Baal, the god of fertility, for better crops and more money. As a result of this, he would have nothing. No children. Their storehouse will be plundered (v. 15). Their children will be dashed to the ground. Their pregnant women would be ripped open (v. 16). But God couldn’t wait to express his love for his people even as he announced his punishment for their sins. God’s love and compassion is expressed in the middle of his warnings and punishments. Even His most terrible punishment was intended to lead them to repentance.

God longs to redeem and restore His people *(Hos. 13:14).* _O Israel, return to the LORD your God, for you have stumbled because of your iniquity; Take words with you, and return to the LORD. Say to Him, "Take away all iniquity; Receive us graciously, for we will offer the sacrifices of our lips”_ (Hos. 14:1-2). If we return to God and follow his ways, we will be like an olive tree, and our fragrance like a cedar of Lebanon. 

These are wonderful promises of God for us. Our fruitfulness comes from God. Jesus elaborates this important truth in John 15:5.
Some people do try to bear fruit in this world without Jesus. They work hard to make money and to advance their education and career. But no accomplishment in this world will matter for the in the end, if they still remain in sin and condemnation. At the end, they will end up with the fruit of sin and eternal death. We must realise that we cannot bear good fruit apart from Jesus *(John 15:4).*

*PRAYER POINTS*

*1.* Lord, I know and acknowledge the fact that You are the source of my fruitfulness. Help me to rely on Your provisions, fully and totally.
*2.* Lord, fill me with the grace of fruitfulness to You that would enhance my level of fruitfulness in all aspects, in and for You.
*3.* Pray for the power sector of our nation, that God should grant it fruitfulness that would pay the masses.
*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Sam. 16:22 – 18:33; John 1:5 – 1:26*
*Author: CAC WORLDWIDE*
*Remain Blessed!*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM