The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Wednesday 8th May
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

WEDNESDAY, 8TH MAY.

THE GIFT OF CHOICE

…I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live (Deuteronomy 30:19).

Our heavenly Father is so gracious and kind; ever loving. All He does and seeks to do is bless you. He knows every detail about your life. He knows your address. He knows where you are, and what you go through, and His plan is to see to it that you’re triumphant always, no matter what the trouble is.

Even when you make mistakes, He makes every effort to correct you and help you. He’s more passionate for your well-being—your success, prosperity and joy—than you could ever be. Sadly, He doesn’t always succeed at ensuring that His children live as He planned for them to live. You might ask, “How’s that possible?”

The reason is that He doesn’t run men’s lives; that’s why He makes the effort. Otherwise, He would have just “pushed the buttons” and everything He wants for your life would just become. He’s Almighty God! He’s got the power; but He doesn’t function that way. He gave man a gift, the gift of personal will; the gift of choice.

You can choose to love God; you can choose not to love Him. You can choose to serve Him; you can choose to serve yourself. The choice is yours. And because He gave it to you as a gift, He doesn’t usurp it or take it away from you.

Romans 11:29 says, “For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.” How He functions is seen in our opening verse: He gives you all the information you require to make the best choices. He tells you the best choice to make, but never forces you to make it.

However, it’s the reason judgement is a necessity. Without a right to choose, judgement wouldn’t be necessary. But because He gave man the power of choice, man would have to be judged for the choices He made. One day, God would have to show what was right and what was wrong; He’d show every man whether or not they made the right choices and decisions. You’re accountable to God.

This is why it’s important that you live your life in Christ every day, because if you live your life in Christ with the consciousness of His salvation, living in the Spirit through the Word, you’ll not be judged. The only judgment you’ll face would be for your reward. And in that judgement, the Bible says every one of us will be praised; no one will be condemned if they live in Christ. So, keep your focus on Him and use your gift of choice in His love.

PRAYER

Blessed be God who has deposited in me the power to make wise, right, and perfect decisions in line with His divine destiny for my life! The Word is my all-time guide, and Christ has been made unto me wisdom; therefore, I make only godly and Spirit-guided decisions, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Isaiah 30:21 And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
John 4:1-26 & 1 Kings 1

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Mark 8:34-9:1 & Numbers 11

#TALKINGSESSION

8TH MAY.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD

Dear Lord, I thank You for the privilege of insight into the mysteries of Your eternal Kingdom. I’ve become a dispenser of the unsearchable riches of Christ. Through me, Your wisdom is manifested, Your grace is showcased, and the love of Christ is demonstrated to my world. I thank You blessed Father,

for giving me a brand new life in Christ. Everything about my life is infused with divinity and speaks of Your glory. Eternal life, love, health, peace, joy, righteousness, prosperity; You’ve made them mine! Thank You for this extraordinary life of glory and excellence I have in Christ. My life is the fulfilment of the destiny that You’ve ordained for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: WEDNESDAY 8TH MAY 2019

THEME: PREACH THE WORD II.

MEMORISE:

Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. 1 Timothy 3:7

READ: Romans 2:17-25

17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,

18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;

19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,

20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.

21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?

22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?

23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

An old adage says, “One example is better than precepts.” Today’s memory verse tells us why a preacher must live an exemplary Christian life. When a preacher fails to live up to what he or she preaches, such a preacher will suffer reproach and open the door for the devil to have foothold in his or her life. The seven sons of Sceva are a good case in point (Acts 19:12-17). A preacher must have a good report, even among unbelievers. Our Lord Jesus Christ said in Matthew 5:16:

“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”

Romans 2:20 says those who preach by words alone and not by good deeds are instructors of the foolish. In order words, only a fool would listen to someone who does not practice what he or she preaches. The same Bible verse also describes such people as teachers of babes. Only babes would take a teacher who leads a double-life seriously. However, by the time such babes in Christ grow to a level of considerable spiritual maturity, they will abandon such teachers. This accounts for why some churches remain a nursery for Christians who later move on to higher levels in other churches.

There is no way our preaching can be effective if we do the direct opposite of what we preach. We strip God’s word of its power in the lives of our hearers when we are neck deep in those same vices we preach against. It is better not to be a preacher than to be one who does not do what he or she preaches, because the Name of the Lord is reviled in the process and the word of God is made of none effect. Romans 2:23-24 says:

“Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.”

The choice is yours to make on not being numbered among those who drag the Name of the Lord through the mud. Today, some preachers have become the object of mockery because they have refused to live like Jesus Christ, who embodied all that He taught (Acts 1:1). It is time for preachers to begin to preach and live God’s word, and not their own ideas. Jesus is the Word of God, and preachers must draw the attention of their audience to Him alone. It is when we lift Jesus up in our messages that men will be drawn to Him (John 12:32).

PRAYER POINT:

Father, anoint my tongue with Your fire and make me an effective preacher of Your word.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 9-10
Jeremiah 32:1-15

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 5: LET OTHERS SEE JESUS IN YOU.

1.While passing thro' this world of sin,
and others your life shall view,
Be clean and pure without, within;
Let others see Jesus in you.

Refrain:
Let others see Jesus in you,
Keep telling the story, be faithful and true;

2. Your life's a book before their eyes,
They're reading it thro' and thro'
Say, does it point them to the skis,
Do others see Jesus in you?

Refrain

3. Then live for Christ both day and night,
Be faithful, be brave and true,
and lead the lost to life and Christ.

Refrain
SEEDS OF DESTINY -

Wednesday, 8th May

TOPIC: *RECIPE FOR FINISHING STRONG IN LIFE*

SCRIPTURE : "For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith": - 2 Timothy 4:6-7

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY : Whenever a person is disconnected from God, he or she begins to run on an empty tank spiritually.

Finishing strong is God’s plan and agenda for His children. That is why it is very important to start the journey of life and destiny with God and finish with God. Having a glorious beginning and an odious end is not God’s plan for His children.

There were many people in Scriptures who started well and finished strong like Paul the Apostle (2 Timothy 4:7). Others started well with God but were unable to finish strong. For example, Judas Iscariot did not end well (Acts 1:16-20).

Now, what matters in life is not how a person starts but how he or she finishes. Starters are many but finishers are few, and even among those who finished, those who finished well are fewer still.
*The question now is, what does it mean to finish well?*

*It means:*
a. Arriving at the end that is not less in impact, result, and product than the beginning.
b. Arriving at the end of your journey without defeat, failure or reproach.
c. Exiting the world in a blaze of glory on a note of victory, and
d. Ending with minimal regret.
Now, one way to finish strong is to develop a buoyant, vibrant relationship with God (Psalm 84:7). The knowledge of God is a sponsor of strength (Daniel 11:32). Anyone whose relationship with God is strong will have a destiny of strength that is unbeatable and irreducible. The Word of God is pregnant with Divine energy. Whenever a person is disconnected from God,"he or she begins to run on an empty tank spiritually.
Beloved, make up your mind to feed on the diet of the Word of God continually and you will be shocked to see the resultant effect. You will testify that your level has changed. You must finish strong, in Jesus’ Name.

REMEMBER THIS: "Whenever a person is disconnected from God, he or she begins to run on an empty tank spiritually".
*ASSIGNMENTS:*

1. Make up your mind to have a daily schedule of reading and studying the Word on a consistent basis.
2. Practice what you study from God’s Word.
3. Draw strength from daily communion with God.

PRAYER : O Lord,"I look up to You. I ask for the grace
to run the Christian race faithfully to the end. Help me not to fail, Lord in Jesus Name".

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE : "FINISHING STRONG"

QUOTE: "Your spirituality is not for the purpose of luxury; your spirituality determines your immunity and affects your security". Culled from "15 KINGDOM

STRATEGIES FOR SURVIVAL" by Dr Paul Enenche
DAILY READING : 1 Samuel 2:22 to 4:22, John 5:24 to 47, Psalm 106:1 to 12, Proverbs 14:30 to 31
AMAZING FACT : The most prominent theologian in the Great Awakening Revival was Jonathan Edwards. Not a powerful speaker,"Edwards still managed to spread revival. From his brilliant mind, he constructed one of the most impressive sermons ever preached.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD : Your life shall proceed in strength and Impact as you hold unto God; Receive the grace to finish strong and well in Jesus’ Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: WEDNESDAY 8TH MAY, 2019*
*TOPIC: THE BAD BOSS COMPETITION: GOOD IN EVERY BAD!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: JUDGES 14:5-20*

The United State Labour Movement once asked workers to move their complaints about their bosses from the realm of pain to the realm of gain! It sounded bizarre, but workers were invited throughout the country some years ago to share their best stories about their bosses in a competition titled: *“My Bad Boss Contest.”

* The winner went home with a one-week vacation and $1,000 for a roundtrip airfare. Oh, it was good news because for once, a bad boss could be a good thing and generally that’s the truth about life, family and ministry, which the Holy Ghost wants you to learn through today’s devotional.

*No matter how bad a situation may seem, there is always something good buried within that circumstance.* The truth is that adversity (pain and trials) have the effect of eliciting talents which in prosperous circumstances would have remained dormant or undiscovered! *The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem!* No wonder the Bible says all thinks work together for good to them that love God. *God will not allow you to pass through any situation that will not favour you in the end.*

Samuel Smiles wrote: “Men who resolved to find a way for themselves will always find opportunities enough; and if they do not find them, they will make them.” There was honey in the lion that Samson killed, but *the money was discovered after many days!* Vs. 8 says, “After a time…” Yes! AFTER A TIME! There is always GREAT GOOD *after a time!* Ask God to show you the good therein and the purpose for which it was allowed. You will laugh last, just after a time, no matter the heat of the battle now. As you wait upon God, begin to learn new dancing steps because I see you dancing very soon in celebration of your STORY to GLORY phase! Hold on! God will do it again!

*BE A MONTHLY PRODUCTION PARTNER AND GET SPECIAL, 7 PROPHETIC PRAYERS EVERY MONTH TO GUIDE YOU FOR THE MONTH. HELP PRODUCE ODM! SEE PAGE 29 OF ODM OR PAGE 44 OF “WAH – 14” for account details and Send SMS to: +234-802-342-1513, +234-807-314-68
63. EMAIL to: orderodm@gmail.com; WHATSAPP to: +234-8144-044-226, +234-802-342-1513, +234-807-314-6863 after sowing)!*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take Song 2: Count Your Blessings…

1. Worship the Lord for the Word.
2. Thank God for where you are in life.
3. Pray again over every bad circumstance confronting your life/ministry. Lord, reveal to me the good and hidden profit in this situation *(Mention it and pray it very well)*
*(This booklet, ODM, is the best wedding, graduation, anniversary, birthday or general gift item. GIVE IT OUT ALWAYS)!*
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: NEHEMIAH 5-7*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/AUTHOR AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF_

*Song 2: Count Your Blessings*

1. When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

*Refrain*

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.

3. When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings. Wealth can never buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.

4. So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be disheartened, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.
CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH

THE LIVING WATER

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Wednesday, May 8, 2019
-World Ovarian Cancer Day

TOPIC: WAIT AND SEE
Read Psalm 37:1-8

1. Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
2. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
3. Trust in the Lord , and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
4. Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
5. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
6. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
7. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
8. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
MEMORISE: Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way (Psalm 37:3)

EXPOSITION

Have you prayed and prayed, and waited and waited, and still you see no evidence of an answer? Are you tired of seeing no movement? Are you at the point of giving up? Then, perhaps, you need to take another perspective on 'waiting'. We live at the time of 'wait and get' and 'fast food' mentalities. This leads some Christians to adopt 'heaven helps those who help themselves' philosophy. Other Christians do wait sometimes, but they do not wait enough.

They are like Saul who was instructed by Samuel: 'You must wait seven days until I come to you and tell you what you are to do' (1 Sam. 10:8; NIV) The Bible makes it clear that Saul waited as was instructed, but being pressed by circumstances, he stopped waiting and helped himself. (1 Sam. 13:8-14).
Still, many other Christians are waiting for God's move, but are not waiting in the right way, which removes them from the right place - the place where the Lord can meet them. We must wait, we must wait for the right time and be at the right place, but also, WAIT PATIENTLY (Rom. 8:25).
Why must I wait patiently for the Lord? Firstly, patience eliminates worry. When the Lord says He would come to your rescue, He certainly would, and His promise is equal to His presence. Second, patience eliminates weeping. Why feel sad and discouraged? He knows your needs better than you do, and His purpose in waiting is to receive more glory through it. The third reason is that, patience eliminates self-works. 'The work of God is this: to believe' (Jn. 6:29), and once you believe, you may know all is well.
Moreover, patience eliminates weakness. Instead of thinking of the waiting time as being a wasted time, realise that God is preparing His resources and strengthening you as well. Added to these is the fact that patience eliminates all wobblings. 'But he touched me, and stood me upright' (Dan. 8:18). God's foundation is steady, and when we have His patience within, we are steady while we wait. Finally, patience yields worship. Sometimes, the best part of praise-filled waiting is experiencing 'great endurance and patience ... joyfully' (Col. 1:11). While you wait, let [all these aspects of] 'patience have her perfect work' (Jas. 1:4; KJV), and you will be greatly enriched.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Praise the name of the Lord for He alone is worthy of your praise.
2. Declare that your resting in the Lord will not be in vain.
3. Ask for the spirit that patiently waits for the Lord at all times.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 2 Samuel 4:8 – 7:11; Luke 23:4 – 23:25
AUTHOR: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM