The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional For Sunday 5th May
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

SUNDAY, 5TH MAY.

TAKE HIM AT HIS WORD

As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him (Psalm 18:30).

One of the things that you have to learn to do, as a Christian, is to take God at His Word and act on His Word. There’re lots of Christians who probably have never been taught to do this. Many, somehow, have learnt to disbelieve God from the experience of their environment. We live in a world where we’re exposed to all kinds of materials and information that tend to instil doubt, fear and unbelief.

For example, when children grow up in an environment where people generally don’t keep to their word, it affects their mentality. Imagine a society where politicians are known to make promises which they never keep; such an environment will breed people who find it difficult to trust, and believe anything. People have increasingly lost faith in words; words have increasingly lost meaning, because not many understand the integrity of words.

But it’s not so with God. His Word has integrity. His Word is infallible; you can stake your life on it. He said in Isaiah 55:10-11, “For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. ” It makes no difference the crisis you might be facing in life; trust, and act on the word.

Maybe it’s a health situation; the Word guarantees your divine health. There’s no need to cry and beg God for healing; He already gave you something better than healing—His life in you; Christ in you. That’s your right and assurance for divine health. Romans 8:10 says, “...if Christ is in you, although your body be dead because of sin, the Spirit gives it life because of righteousness.”

Train your spirit to trust God and take Him at His Word. Culture yourself to trust and have faith in God’s Word. Accept that whatever He says is true, and then act accordingly. His Word is tried and absolutely dependable. Heaven and earth shall pass away but no Word from God shall be void of power. So, if you want to enjoy a struggle-free life, learn to trust and take God at His Word.

CONFESSION

The Word of God is my confidence and final authority; therefore, I refuse to be moved by circumstances of life. I have the results that I desire as the Word of God is mixed with faith in my heart and spoken out of my mouth with authority and boldness. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY

Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Hebrews 4:12 NIV For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
John 2:1-25 & 2 Samuel 20-21

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Mark 8:1-9 & Numbers 8
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SUNDAY 5TH MAY 2019

THEME: LIVING HOLY AMONG THE UNGODLY.

MEMORISE:

But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself. Daniel 1:8

READ: Genesis 39:7-12

7 And it came to pass after these things, that his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.

8 But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;

9 There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?

10 And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph day by day, that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her.

11 And it came to pass about this time, that Joseph went into the house to do his business; and there was none of the men of the house there within.

12 And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out.

People often cite their environment as the reason why the live sinful lifestyle, but this is untenable before God. A good number of people who found themselves in ungodly environments still maintain their loyalty to the Holy God, and they will testify against such people on the last day. Indeed, living holy among ungodly people is possible. Joseph is one example of someone who lived a righteous life in the midst of the ungodly. As seen in today’s Bible reading, he lived under the same roof with an ungodly person who happened to be his boss, and yet he kept his integrity. Nowadays, some people who profess to be born again easily give in when pressured by their superiors to do ungodly things at work. They do this either to gain a promotion or because they fear losing their job, forgetting that the Holy spirit said those who will live godly lives in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution (2 Timothy 3:12). They also ignored His admonition in 1 Timothy 6:6 which says:
“But godliness with contentment is great gain.”

Sadly, in spite of what the Lord said in Mark10:29-30, many people believe that to be born again is to escape a life that will experience persecutions. For such people, living a holy life is not a possibility.

What is holiness? It is simply obedience to the word of God. When you are obedient to God’s word, you demonstrate faith in Him, and your life will be pleasing in His sight. That is what holiness is all about. It was disobedience that took Adam from a position of glory to laboring under a curse. Take a cue from Joseph who in the face of deadly pressure said in Genesis 39:9:

“………how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?”

Daniel is another person whose life showed that living a godly life in the midst of ungodliness is possible. His actions in today’s memory verse demonstrates that living a holy life is a matter of personal decision. Some people would not want to join the police force because they believe policemen are corrupt. This is not true! You can be a police office and decide not to be corrupt. Some run away from being accountants so that they are not tempted to falsify figures. How wrong they are! You don’t need to be an accountant before you steal the funds of an organization. A governor who purposes in his heart not to embezzle public funds will maintain his integrity, whereas a messenger could end up stealing cans of coffee in his or her custody. Irrespective of your location, with Christ in you, you can live a holy life and enjoy the promotion that it brings, just like Joseph and David did.

PRAYER POINT:

Father, grant me grace to live in obedience to your word even in the midst of ungodliness.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 1-3
Jeremiah 31:1-14

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 10: I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS

• I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

• The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;

• Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though- none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;

• My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;

• Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: SUNDAY 5TH MAY, 2019*
*TOPIC: THE ‘2 BOXES’ OF GOD: REJOICE BY FORCE!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURES: PHILIPPIANS 4:4-6; MATTHEW 11:25-30*

Consider the write-up, titled: *“THE 2 BOXES OF GOD”:*

“I have in my hands two boxes, which God gave me to hold. He said: ‘Put all your sorrows in the black box, and all your joys in the gold.” I heeded His words, and in the boxes, both my joys and sorrows I stored. But though the gold became heavier each day, the black was as light as before. With curiosity, I opened the black box because I wanted to find out why, and saw, in the base of the box, a hole, through which my sorrows had fallen out! I showed the hole to God, and mused, *‘I wonder where my sorrows could be!’* He smiled a gentle smile and said, ‘My child, they’re all here with me.” I asked God why He gave me the boxes – Why the gold and *the black with the hole?*

And quickly came the reply: ‘My child, the gold is for you to count your blessings, the black is for you to let go.” And that’s what heaven is saying to a user of today’s devotional. *NO MATTER WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH, GOD WANTS YOU TO COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!* Yes, the year 2019 is already in the 2nd quarter, but in the midst of the battles of life, find time to remember the blessings!

There are always roses in the midst of thorns! There is always a honeycomb attached to every deadly lion. Ask Samson! *A man was blaming God that he had no shoes, till he met a man that had no feet! There is always something you can thank God for!* If you can’t thank God for what you have, then thank Him for the things you don’t have, e.g. death! Lots of people died last night/today, but you are still alive for a purpose.

There are visible reasons for your life when the only tangible thing you can see as your reason for thanking God is the GIFT OF LIFE and isn’t that a wonderful reason? *AND NEVER FORGET THAT YOUR BLESSING IS BECAUSE HE TOOK THE BURDEN!* He took your sorrow on the cross and that’s why He says in today’s 1st scripture Vs 4: “Rejoice in the Lord always (delight, gladden yourselves in Him)…”The emphasis lies in the words: *“IN THE LORD”* and *“IN HIM.” Wow! Your rejoicing should be because of Him – because of what He has done; not necessarily because of any testimony or breakthrough!* REJOICE BY FORCE! REBEL AGAINST EMOTIONS OF DEPRESSION, heaviness/sorrow, anxiety or worry! Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS and even now! *Start laughing now! Laugh at the devil now!!!*

*Today is the continuation of the 7 – Sundays programme titled: 55 Secrets of uncommon success – the Story Behind the Glory. Venue: Manna Mountain, Ogudu Orioke Lagos. Lekki Mountain will always be connected. Time: 8am.*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take Song 2: Count Your Blessings…

1. No matter what you are going through, life up your hands and start rejoicing *IN THE LORD* now. Pray for the sick today.
2. Pray about today! Pray generally about your life and ministry as led. *Laugh at the devil now!*
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: EZRA 5-7*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/AUTHOR AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF_

*Song 2: Count Your Blessings*

1. When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
*Refrain*
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.

3. When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings. Wealth can never buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.

4. So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be disheartened, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end
SEEDS OF DESTINY 

Sunday 5th May

TOPIC: *"THE PRODUCTS OF GOD'S ANOINTING AND POWER"*

SCRIPTURE : "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him". Acts 10:38

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY : "The degree of the manifestation of your potential is a function of the level of the anointing on your life".

The Presence of God with a man is called the anointing. An anointed man or woman, therefore, carries the palpable and feelable presence of God.
The anointing of God is a difference maker in life and destiny. The anointing of God is what makes a person to matter on the earth; the anointing is responsible for the colouring of life and destiny. The anointing of God on a person is not for show, but for the manifestations of potentials and gifts (Acts 10":38).

Now, why is it important to understand the products of the anointing? It is because understanding determines manifestation; where your understanding stops, there your manifestation ends.

What are the products of the anointing of God?
Let me give you two of them:
i. The Unveiling of Hidden Gifts and Potentials (Luke 3:21-23).

Jesus Christ had great potentials to perform diverse miracles but for thirty years,"the potentials could not see the light of day, until the anointing came upon Him (Luke 3":21-23). Beloved, the degree of the manifestation of your potential is a function of the level of the anointing on your life. Higher anointing will produce higher potential.
ii. The Transformation of Life (1 Samuel 10":6).
The anointing brings about a total transformation of life and destiny. When the anointing came upon Saul for instance,"he was transformed into another man and began to prophesy. (1 Samuel 10":6).
Now, what is the secret of experiencing and manifesting the anointing?
One of the secrets is total devotion to God (Mark 12":30). Your love for both God and man must be intact if you must experience and manifest the anointing of God. Your heart for God will give you your part in life.
Therefore,"make up your mind to love both God and man unconditionally."

REMEMBER THIS: "the degree of the manifestation of your potential is a function of the level of the anointing on your life".

*ASSIGNMENTS:*
1. Develop a deep sense of devotion for God and love for mankind.
2. Ask God to anoint you afresh at the place of prayer
PRAYER : O Lord,"I ask that You lay Your Hands upon me. Anoint me afresh for Your glory, Lord in Jesus’ Name".
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE : "THE PRODUCTS OF GOD’S ANOINTING AND POWER".
QUOTE : If you will do for God what you can do for Him, then He will do for you what you cannot do for yourself. Culled from ALABASTER BOX by Dr Becky Paul-Enenche
DAILY READING : Judges 21:1 to Ruth 1:22, John 4:4 to 42, Psalm 105:1 to 15, Proverbs 14:25
AMAZING FACT : Approximately, one person in every three people has an ‘A positive’ blood type.
PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD : I prophesy the release of fresh oil upon your life today in Jesus’ Name.
*THE LIVING WATER*

*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Sunday, May 5, 2019 - _National Day of Prayer_*

*TOPIC: THREE SIMPLE WAYS TO ENHANCE YOUR PRAYER LIFE (II)*

*Read: Ephesians 3:14-21*
*MEMORISE: _For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ_ (Ephesians 3:14).*

*EXPOSITION*

Not only that we should pray with a reason, for that specifies why we pray. And not only must we pray with an attitude, as kneeling in prayer is recognising how great God is and how great the issue we want to talk to Him about is. But, also, we must:

Pray with a focus *(Eph. 3:14,15).* What do you focus when you pray? On what you want or need? Paul reminds us that when we pray, our focus isn’t on what we need. Our focus should be on who we’re talking to – the heavenly Father. That’s the important thing in prayer. _For this reason I bow my knees before the Father._ What that literally says in the Greek language is, “Before the Father, from whom every fatherhood gets its name.” It is saying, “God the Father is the Father of all fathers. I’m focusing on Him in my life.”

The dad of a three-year-old boy was promoted in the English military. He and others were at the promotion ceremony. The little boy saw them get up and say, “Now this man is going to be the High Marshal Admiral of Her Majesty’s Grand Fleet.” And everybody applauded. The little boy leans over to his mom and said, “Do you think he’ll mind if I still call him ‘Daddy’?” Jesus taught is to pray: *Our Father in heaven (Matt. 6:9).*

As you focus on God in your prayers today, be aware that He doesn’t mind, if you call Him Daddy. That expresses the closeness that you have with Him.

*PRAYER POINTS*
*1.* Thank God for the Holy Spirit who helps you to pray in accordance with God’s will.
*2.* Express your appreciation to God for giving you the privilege of knowing Him as your ‘Daddy’.
*3.* Pray that each time you go on your knees to pray, your focus will be on nothing else but God Himself.
*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Samuel 27:6 – 30:21; Luke 22:9 – 22:30*
*Author: CAC WORLDWIDE*
*Remain Blessed!*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM