The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Saturday 4th May
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

SATURDAY, 4TH MAY.

SEE THAT ALL THINGS ARE NEW

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (2 Corinthians 5:17).

The word “behold” in our opening verse is very significant because it indicates your first responsibility as a new creature in Christ Jesus: you must see all things as new! If you don’t “see” that all things have become new, you’d continue with the old mentality of failure, sickness, poverty and defeat.

Perhaps you were diagnosed with an incurable ailment before you were born again; that sickness or disease has ceased to be; it has passed away with the old life. The new you—the recreated or born again you—has the life and nature of God which is superior to Satan, sickness, disease and death. But until and unless the eyes of your spirit are enlightened to see this current reality, you may find yourself still struggling with sickness.

Perhaps you failed in everything prior to giving your heart to the Lord; all that is passed now. Refuse to go on with the same mentality of defeat and failure. Psalm 1:3 describes who you are now that you’re born again: “…a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” You must “see” this as the present truth, the present reality about your life. You’re born a success, to be ever fruitful and productive in all that you do. Have this consciousness.

God created you for the good life, and for His glory. Ephesians 2:10 (AMPC) says, “For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].” Hallelujah! See that you have a glorious life in Christ, and say, “Never again to the wrong life; never again to the negative life; never again to failure and backwardness!” See only progress and success. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for the Spirit of wisdom and understanding that’s at work in me. I see what you want me to see, and I create what I want to see in my life and environment through the power of your Spirit who lives in me. My life is full of glory, beauty and excellence. In my path is progress and success only, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

2 Corinthians 5:17-18 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
John 1:19-51 & 2 Samuel 18-19

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Mark 7:24-37 & Numbers 7
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SATURDAY 4TH MAY 2019

THEME: KEEP YOUR BIRTHRIGHT.

MEMORISE:

Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. Hebrews 12:16

READ: 1 John 3:1-3

1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

When Apostle John caught the revelation of who we are in Christ, he was so excited about it. You can feel his excitement in these words he penned in 1 John 3:1:

“Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.”

We learn from these words that the children of this world will never understand our ways. They cannot understand us, no matter how hard they try, until they come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Therefore, trying to make the children of this world appreciate or accept our lifestyle is an exercise in futility. Some Christians have compromised their faith in an attempt to impress the world. In spite of the miracles the Master performed- healing the sick, raising the dead, cleansing lepers and other signs and wonders – the children of this world still cried “Crucify Him!” They even preferred the notorious robber, Barabbas, to the Author of life (John 18:39-40). Since they rejected our Master, don’t be shocked that they will also reject our way of life.

As sons of God, we have a birthright which our adoption accords us. Although our minds cannot fully comprehend presently the scope of what this birthright gives, we have the assurance that when we see the Lord in glory, we will understand it all, because we will be exactly like Him (1 Corinthians 2:9, 1 Corinthians 13:12, 1 John 3:2). Why is the Lord giving us this assurance? The reason is that He knowns we will face challenges in life which can make us doubt the reality of our heritage as peculiar people chosen by God to be favored above others in the world, having God as our Father. Our Lord also faced this challenge in the wilderness of temptation and on the cross of Calvary (Luke 4:3-12, Mark 15:34). In the wilderness, the devil tried to make Him doubt His status as the Son of the Living God. The devil knew that God would not answer prayers inspired by satanic suggestions or borne out of the desire to satisfy a lust (James 4:3). He also knew that God would not grant a request against His perfect will (Matthew 6:10, Luke 22:42). He was therefore setting Jesus up to have His prayers unanswered when he asked Him to turn a stone into bread to approve His birthright. If Jesus’ prayers were unanswered the devil would have succeeded in making His identity. Beloved, beware of doing things that would amount to selling your birthright as a child of God. The best way to avoid this is to consciously keep yourself away from worldly corruption and anything that defiles. Never live your life to impress anybody but your Father who is in heaven.

PRAYER POINT:

Father, grant me grace not to sell my eternal birthright for temporary gain in this world.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 48-50
Jeremiah 30:10-24

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 10: I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS

• I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

• The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;

• Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though- none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;

• My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;

• Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
SEEDS OF DESTINY:
BY DR. (PST.) PAUL ENENCHE
(DUNAMIS INTERNATIONAL GOSPEL CENTRE-DIGC)

SATURDAY 4TH MAY, 2019

TOPIC:
ENTERING INTO YOUR REST BY THE WORD

SCRIPTURE: There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.For he that is entered into his rest,"he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Hebrews 4":9-10

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Where the Word is not found,"struggle continues.

Rest implies relaxation from exertion or labour. It is also relief or refreshment from worry or something troublesome. Rest also signifies calm, peace and tranquillity.

The Scripture makes it clear that there is a place of rest for the people of God (Hebrews 4":9-10). That means as children of God,"we are destined for peace and tranquillity, and exempted from laborious and troublesome life on earth. It is not the will of God for His Children to pass through life in stress and tension. God has reserved a place of rest for His children; it is a place where the child of God experiences total and peaceful rest on earth even before the eternal rest in Heaven.

Beloved, it is very important to know that the Word of God is the vehicle that transports God’s people to their place of rest (Matthew 11":28). The impact of God’s Word on a person’s life is what establishes the person in a place of rest. Whenever the Word of God prevails in your life,"you will step into your rest, and where the Word is not found, struggle continues.

Now, what should a child of God rest from?

i. The Cares of this World (Matt. 13":22). The child of God is expected to dwell in a realm of independence,"freedom and liberty from whatever constitutes the cares of this world.

ii. Rest from anxieties, uncertainties of the future (Matthew 6":34). The child of God is expected to live in a realm of freedom from concerns and anxieties about tomorrow.

iii. The struggles and sweat of the flesh (Gen. 3:19): As a child of God you are expected to dwell in a realm in God where the flesh is no longer in charge of your life.

iv. Unprofitable,"profitless human labour (Gen. 3":18): A child of God is expected to live above the realm of fruitless toils and unprofitable labour. As a child of God,"you are to see the products of your labour.

v. Burdens of life (Matthew 11":28): The child of God is supposed to rest from the burdens of life. This includes rest from the pains of life and the burden of sin.

Beloved,"my counsel is, endeavour to give yourself to the reading and studying of the Word, prayer and worship in order to enter your place of rest in God.

REMEMBER THIS": Where the Word is not found,"struggle continues.

ASSIGNMENTS":

1. Let your mind rest on God’s promises from His Word always.

2. Do not relent in the study of God’s Word.

3. Cast all your burdens and cares on God.

PRAYER: O Lord,"I ask that You give me rest from all the struggles, pains and burdens of life. Grant me peace that passes all understanding, Lord, in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE": ENTERING YOUR REST BY HIS WORD

QUOTE: Nothing can get out of control where He is involved. Culled from REASON FOR LIVING by Dr Paul Enenche

DAILY READING: Judges 19:1 to 20:48,"John 3":22 to 4:3,"Psalm 104":24 to 35,"Proverbs 14":22 to 24

AMAZING FACT: Thomas Edison,"a world famous inventor failed 1000 times while trying to invent the electric bulb but eventually succeeded; he also invented an improved stock ticker for stock exchange and was paid a massive sum of $40,000 for this and he was only 22 at the time.

DON’T FORGET TO ATTEND": The Sunday Service tomorrow at 8:00am at the Glory Dome,"The Lord’s Garden, Airport Road, Abuja. Endeavour to come to Church with your friends and loved ones. God bless you.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD": I decree your entry into your season of rest in Jesus’ Name. Every trace of stress and tension be dissolved from your life today, in Jesus’ Name.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: SATURDAY 4TH MAY, 2019*

*TOPIC: MY NAME IS COURAGE!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURES: PSALM 27:7-14;
DEUTERONOMY 31:6*

Mark Twain once said: *“Only those who risk going too far possibly find out how far they can go.”* Relative to the whole scheme of things, your life span can be compared to lighting a candle and immediately blowing it out. *In other words, life is short – very short.*

Missing out on any of the joys life offers is a tragedy. Courage is the mental muscle that conquers fear and the Holy Ghost wants you to go out today and BOLDLY declare daily to your world: “MY NAME IS COURAGE!” I read Pharmacy as a career in the university and I learnt in medical Physiology that the more you use the muscles of your body, the stronger they become! Courage is not something you are born with, it must be developed like the muscles of your body!

Individuals who fail to develop courage, remain confined in mental prisons and face each day as mental lightweights. One truth which the Lord wants to drop in your spirit through today’s devotional is: *IF YOU FACE THE THINGS YOU FEAR THE MOST, THE FEAR OF THEM LEAVES YOU AND BOWS OUT!* From Verse 14 of our 1st scripture (Psalm 27), and also from our 2nd scripture, God is calling a user of today’s devotional to a greater life of courage and risk-taking. For years, I believed that courageous individuals had no fear! I was wrong! Eddie Richembacher put it very well when he said: *“There is no courage without fear.”*

We all have fear! However, not everyone becomes subservient to their fears. In the midst of your secrets fears, think fresh and act BY FAITH! There is very likely, something you have wanted to do for years – move to another city, start your own business, apply for that better career position, etc. It could also be obeying a divine call to ministry as I did when the LORD asked me to quit Pharmacy after practicing for 11 years! Oh, but I was scared initially! It could be starting a new relationship or taking a very bold step on a matter. Whatever it is you should do, go ahead and do it. *A little courage leads no more!* Oh, observe those poor souls who are without courage.

They merely tip-toe through life hoping that they make it safely to death. You and I were never meant to live that way. Learn to live the way you like by no longer living as you dislike. Close with Franklin Delano Roosevelt: *“To reach a port, we must sail – sail, not tie at anchor – sail, not drift.”* Tell the devil and circumstances daily: “MY NAME IS COURAGE” and shame shall be far from you in Jesus name! Amen and amen! *Tomorrow is the continuation of the 7-Sundays programme titled: 55 Secrets of uncommon success – the Story Behind the Glory. Venue: Manna Mountain, Ogudu Orioke, Lagos. Lekki Mountain will always be connected. Time: 8am.*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take Song 1: There’s Not A Friend...

1. There is no courage without fear! I decree: *My new name is COURAGE!* I receive grace to be courageous in life. I bind fear now in Jesus name!
2. I shall not tip-toe or crawl to my grave. Lord, I must not die wasted. Pour fresh courage upon me again in Jesus name.
3. Pray about today as led now!
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: EZRA 1-4*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/AUTHOR AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF_

*Song 1: There’s Not A Friend*
1. There’s not a Friend like the lowly Jesus:
No, not one! No, not one!
None else could heal all our souls’ diseases:

*Refrain:*

Jesus knows all about our struggles;
He will guide ‘til the day is done:
There’s not a Friend like the lowly Jesus:

2. No friend like Him is so high and holy,
And yet no friend is so meek and lowly,

3. There’s not an hour that He is not near us,
No night so dark, but His love can cheer us,

4. Did ever saint find this Friend forsake him?
Or sinner find that He would not take him?

5. Was e’er a gift like the Saviour given?
Will He refuse us the bliss of heaven?
*CAC LIVING WATER*

*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*
*Saturday, May 4, 2019*

*TOPIC:**THREE SIMPLE WAYS TO ENHANCE YOUR PRAYER LIFE (I)*

*Read Ephesians 3:14-21*
*MEMORISE*

*For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named (Ephesians 3:14,15)*

*EXPOSITION*

In the first chapter of this letter, Paul had prayed for the Ephesians that *the eyes of their understanding would be enlightened* (Eph. 1:18). This was a prayer for enlightenment. Now in chapter 3, he prays for them *to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man* (Eph.3:16). This is a prayer for enablement. First, he prays that they can see and then he prays that they can be. How should these prayers help us in our prayer lives today? There are three principles we may learn to follow:

1. Pray with a reason. For this reason…(v. 14). Most of the times, Christians just start praying without any reason attributed to it, simply because God is so available to us, but prayer need to have a reason behind it. God expects that we would not pray aimlessly. Our prayers should be purposeful, and it can only be that when it is based on our knowledge of God’s word. What is the level of your intake of God’s Word?
2. Pray with an attitude. For this reason, I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (v. 14). This is the attitude where we recognize that God is great. Why do we kneel in prayer? Kneeling expresses two things: intensity and humility. There is a sense of humility when one kneels before God. In a culture where kneeling down is a common courtesy, the significance of kneeling in prayers may be easily lost. When a woman thinks of how many people she knelt down for, before a day ends, she may take one or two times she knelt in prayers. But in a culture where they usually stand up and look up to heaven with their hands lifted to God, the significance of what led them to kneeling will stick to their minds. Paul says, “For this reason I kneel.” He is saying this is a very intense moment and I humble myself before God.

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. Give God the glory for the privilege of coming to Him in prayer for whatever reasons
2. Ask God to give you the grace to always come to Him in prayer with all humility.
3. Pray that God will visit you and make His will for your life known and fulfilled.
*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: I Samuel 25:11-27:5; Luke 21:25-22:8*
*HAVE A GREAT SATURDAY.............SHALOM*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM