The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Wednesday 24th April
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

WEDNESDAY, 24TH APRIL.

CHILDREN OF THE COVENANT

Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed (Acts 3:25).

There’re Christians who say they have a covenant with God. They teach that since God made a covenant with Abraham, and we’re Abraham’s seed, we’re therefore automatically in covenant with God. But no; the Christian isn’t in covenant with God. You need to know who the Christian is; he’s one with Christ; he’s an associate of the God-kind. Abraham had a covenant with God, but we’re not in that covenant. Who are we? We’re children of the covenant.

We’re heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ. Galatians 3:26-29 says, “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.”

In a marriage relationship, for example, the couple sign a nuptial agreement and come into a covenant. That covenant, however, doesn’t involve their children. The children from that marriage would be the products or fruits of the covenant. Read our opening verse again, it’s clear: we’re children of the covenant that God made with Abraham and the patriarchs.

Many have written books on our covenant with God, but the danger of this misleading belief is that it places the Christian in a position below his calling and birthright. Our relationship with God is one of father and his children. Blessed thought! How wonderful to know that we’re heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ. We’re children of the covenant! We own the world and we walk in divine excellence. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

All things are mine; I have everything that I require for life and godliness, because I’m an heir of God, and a joint-heir with Christ. I’m rich in all things because God has caused His grace to abound towards me to be superabundantly supplied, exceedingly fruitful and productive in every good work. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY

Romans 8:16-17 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Acts 3:25 AMPC You are the descendants (sons) of the prophets and the heirs of the covenant which God made and gave to your forefathers, saying to Abraham, And in your Seed (Heir) shall all the families of the earth be blessed and benefited.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 20:20-21:1-4 & 1 Samuel 20-22

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Mark 5:1-13 & Leviticus 24

#TALKINGSESSION

24TH APRIL.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank You for You have made me a wonder to my generation! My heart is filled with joy because the entrance of Your Word has given me light and understanding. I am thus fully equipped for a life of unending success through the power of the Holy Ghost that is at work in me. I am eternally triumphant, living the transcendent life in Christ;

I live in, and experience the supernatural every day because I live in the Name of Jesus. In His Name, I heal the sick, raise the dead, cast out devils, preach the Gospel with power, and manifest His glory everywhere. My path in life is a shining light that shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day, because I live in the Word, by the Word, and through the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: WEDNESDAY 24TH APRIL 2019

THEME: CARING FOR THE SHEPHERD.

MEMORISE:

If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things? 1 Corinthians 9:11

READ: 1 Corinthians 9:6-14

6 Or I only and Barnabas, have not we power to forbear working?

7 Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?

8 Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also?

9 For it is written in the law of Moses, thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?

10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.

11 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

12 If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.

13 Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar?

14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

The word “shepherd” is commonly used by Christians to describe pastors, evangelist, missionaries and others who play leadership roles in the body of Christ. God expects members of the body of Christ to provide all that is necessary for the health and welfare of church leaders, as they labor to see to the spiritual wellbeing of the flock of Jesus Christ. Caring for the shepherd can take the form of gifts or voluntary service from individuals or organized groups. Care can also come in the form of wages from the ministry church through which the shepherd serves God. In this sense, wages can be defined as any form of economic compensation received in exchange for labor or service rendered. This may also include accommodation, provisions and additional benefits in cash or kind. The Holy Spirit revealed God’s mind on the matter, saying in 1 Corinthians 9:13-14:

“Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.”

The Bible clearly teaches the right of pastors and spiritual leaders to receive care and wages in any form considered appropriate b members of the Body of Christ they are serving. Galatians 6:6 says:

“Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.”

Also, in 1 Timothy 5:17-18, the Bible instructed that the elder who rules well and labors in teaching the word and doctrine should not only be appropriately compensated but should also be counted worthy of double honor. Above all, our Lord Jesus Christ repeatedly hammered on the fact that the workman in God’s vineyard deserves whatever care or wages he or she receives (Matthew 10:10, Luke 10:7).

Moreover, caring for shepherds ordained by God is a route to irreversible blessings. Some ignorantly see this as a means to making pastors rich, but the Bible and life experiences speak for themselves: the widow of Zarephath, the woman of Shunem, the words of Jesus in Mark 9:41, and testimonies too numerous to mention all serve as examples to follow in this regard.

PRAYER POINT:

Father, grant me grace to consistently take care of Your shepherds in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 29-30
Jeremiah 23:33-24:10

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 4: TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE

1.Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2.Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3.Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose,
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I have will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: WEDNESDAY 24TH APRIL, 2019*

*TOPIC: LOOSE YOUR ARMOUR BEARERS!*
*BASIC SCRIPTURE: 2SAMUEL 18:9-18*

You are not a “NOBODY” or a biological mistake on planet earth! God does not create NOBODYS! You are SOMEBODY wonderfully and fearfully (delicately) created for a PURPOSE! That is why nobody else has your finger print or natural eye laser on earth! You were created in the image of God to fulfil a SPECIAL PURPOSE on this planet.

But you cannot fulfil that PURPOSE ALONE! There are people created and assigned to help you accomplish that purpose. We call them DESTINY HELPERS or ARMOUR BEARERS!

Today’s scripture, Vs. 15 says: “And ten young men that bare Joab’s armour compassed about and smote Absalom, and slew him.” Joab was David’s Chief of Army STAFF, an army General, but he had ten armour bearers! Armour bearers are those that defend you from evil arrows! They were trained to warn against incoming enemy actions! Ah! Purpose suffers when such helpers are not LOCATED. PURPOSE/Destiny helpers help you to arrive at your expected end!

They go out of their way to help you pass through rough roads/obstacles! THEY KNOW YOUR BATTLES and yet they come in as your “ARMOUR BEARERS.” They may even know your weaknesses (exposed areas of your body in the warfront) and yet they do not Strike you! They help you to succeed (in your career, family, business, etc)! They excavate barriers for you! They fight on your behalf as if the battle is theirs! They use their time and tools for you! They use their own resources to open up opportunities for you!

They are positioned by God to exalt every valley in your life, family and ministry while they help you to level every mountain! They share experiences, scars, counsel and wisdom that will save you the pain and frustration that they have been through! Job said in Job 29:15-16, that, “I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame; I was father to the poor, and the cause which I knew not I searched out.”

These are characteristics of destiny helpers/armour bearers. Naaman needed the little maid! Elijah needed a widow! Moses needed Aaron and Jesus needed the twelve disciples! A God-sent destiny helper/ ARMOUR bearer can cause a breakthrough that was to take 20 years to happen in 20 minutes! They are divine accelerators! After this weekend’s LAGOS anointing service, heaven will release a RAIN OF DESTINY HELPERS/ARMOUR BEARERS into your life, family and ministry!

*LOOSE YOUR ARMOUR BEARERS!WRITE THE NAMES OF YOUR DESTINY HELPERS and come with them to pray on the altar! Pray now! This Saturday, April 27th 2019 is Lagos anointing service. Theme: “Secrets of Locating Destiny Helpers” Time: 7.30 a.m. Venue: 8-11, Omotayo Banwo Street, Transformer bus-stop, Ogudu Orioke, Lagos.*
*PRAYER POINTS:* Take Song 1: There's Not A Friend...

1. Thank God for today’s word and pray as led.
2. Lord, send me FAITHFUL ARMOUR BEARERS in the warfront of life in Jesus name!
*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: 2CHRONICLES 4-6*
*BY BISHOP (DR) CHRIS KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/AUTHOR AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF_

*Song 1: There's Not A Friend*

1. There’s not a Friend like the lowly Jesus:
No, not one! no, not one!
None else could heal all our souls’ diseases:

*Refrain:*

Jesus knows all about our struggles;
He will guide ’til the day is done:
There’s not a Friend like the lowly Jesus:

2. No friend like Him is so high and holy,
And yet no friend is so meek and lowly,

3. There’s not an hour that He is not near us,
No night so dark, but His love can cheer us,

4. Did ever saint find this Friend forsake him?
Or sinner find that He would not take him?

5 . Was e’er a gift like the Savior given?
Will He refuse us the bliss of heaven?
SEEDS OF DESTINY:
BY DR. (PST.) PAUL ENENCHE
(DUNAMIS INTERNATIONAL GOSPEL CENTRE-DIGC)

WEDNESDAY 24TH APRIL, 2019

TOPIC:
THE SECRETS OF A LIFE OF HONOUR

SCRIPTURE: Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all. 1 Chronicles 29:12

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The way light handles darkness is the same way that honour handles shame.

God designed and created man for a destiny of honour. God’s intention for His children is a life of glory and honour. It is clear from Scriptures that God’s desire for His people is glory and honour, and not shame and reproach. The way light handles darkness is the same way that honour handles shame.

Now, if it is God’s Will to honour His people, what then are some of the secrets of this life of honour?

i. The Presence of God (Psalm 96:6): The Presence of God carries glory and honour. Any carrier of the Presence of God is a possessor of honour. You do not need to beg for honour if you carry God’s Presence. God’s Presence on your life is a stamp of honour. People honour you without knowing because there is something you carry – the Presence of God.

ii. The right mind-set (Psalm 49:20): It is mindset that determines outcome in life. You must understand that you are in honour; a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar person, that should show forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9). But when you do not have this understanding, you perish like the beast of the field.

Beloved, my counsel is, camp around the Presence of God at all times. Change your mind-set; develop a sense of value and self-worth for yourself, and I see glory and honour coming your way, in Jesus’ Name.

REMEMBER THIS: The way light handles darkness is the same way that honour handles shame.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Always camp around the Presence of God through the study of the Word, prayer and worship.

2. Develop a sense of self-worth; do not allow anyone to look down on you.

PRAYER: O Lord, I ask that You envelop me with Your Presence at all times. I declare that I am fearfully and wonderfully made, a victor and not a victim, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: THE SECRETS OF A LIFE OF HONOUR

QUOTE: Every time a person meets God, something in him comes out! The Presence of God is the birthplace of potential! Culled from GO IN THIS THY MIGHT! by Dr Paul Enenche

DAILY READING: Judges 2:10 to 3:31, Luke 22:14 to 34, Psalm 92:1 to 93:5, Proverbs 14:1 to 2

AMAZING FACT: Strawberries are the only fruits with seeds on the outside.

TODAY IN HISTORY: 24/04/1953 – Winston Churchill was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II
THE LIVING WATER

WEDNESDAY, 24 APRIL, 2019

HOW IS YOUR END?

MEMORISE: The end of a thing is better than its beginning; The patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. (Ecclesiastes 7:8)

EXPOSITION

The story of Joash, the young king of Judah, shows that one can start well, but still finish in a bad way.

There is always something sad about seeing person with great potentials who starts well but falls apart in the end. When a young man or woman makes a profession of faith in Christ and begins serving Him with zeal, but along the line, he or she gets tripped off and falls by the wayside, it is always sad!

King Joash was a boy with great potentials; his life was under God’s providential care, because he was rescued from death from his wicked grandmother, Athaliah. His godly uncle, Jehoiada, and aunt, Jehoshabeath raised him. He was anointed as king at age seven. He started well by restoring the temple which had been desecrated and had fallen into ruin under Athaliah. He reproved the priests and got funds together to complete the renovation of God’s house. What a godly man he was!

However, immediately after Jehoiada’s death, he was tempted by the leaders of Judah, and he listened. They abandoned the house of the Lord and fell into idolatry. God even sent His prophet to warn him, but he killed the prophet who happened to be the son of his uncle who raised him. In the end, he wasn’t given honour of being buried among the kings in Jerusalem. What a shameful end!
King Solomon (1 Kgs. 3:3-5) also started well but got tripped off too, through stern disobedience against the God of his father. What a disaster!.
Many believers today are now, “once upon a time Christian.” They started very well with God, but either got derailed, or are at the verge of derailing. If you are one of such, examine your life (2 Cor. 13:5). If you feel you are derailing, call upon God for restoration because the end of your journey in Christian race matters than the beginning. What is your attitude towards Bible study, personal devotion, quiet time, personal
congregational vigil, evangelism, etc.? The end is at hand; watch out!

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord, ignite the fire of Your love in me; I want to be zealous for You more than ever before.
2. Father, destroy the spirit of lukewarmness in my life, today, and help me to finish well, in Jesus’ name.
3. Lord, revive and restore Your church today to her first love, in Jesus’ name.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: 1 Samuel 1:20 – 3:19; Luke 16:11 – 17:1
AUTHOR: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM