The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily Devotional for Tuesday 23rd April
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

TUESDAY, 23RD APRIL.

HE LEADS US IN HIS LIGHT

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path (Psalm 119:105).

The Word of God is light, the true light that lights every man who comes into this world. Our opening verse describes the ministry of the Word in giving us direction in life. It’s one of the things that light does: it gives direction; it shows the way. Until you turn the light on, you wouldn’t know what’s covered in darkness or which way to go.

If you’ve ever attempted to find your way in the dark, you’d agree it wasn’t without bumping into objects or obstacles that you couldn’t see as a result of the darkness. Moreover, if you were journeying in the dark, you wouldn’t know when you arrived at your destination or hit a crossroads. That’s why the personal knowledge and application of the Word of God (His light) is so important for every Christian.
Some people have their lives in jeopardy, because they’re not following the guidance and direction of the Word. They’ve thus journeyed in a different environment rather than God’s environment. Some others are journeying with a ticket to nowhere, because they ignore the Word which should light up their path and give them a destination.

Wisdom and direction come from God’s Word. As long as you live in the light that God gives, you’ll never walk in darkness. He leads us in His light. The Bible says to walk in the light as He (God) is in the light. You’re to walk in the same light in which God dwells (1 Timothy 6:16). This is possible because you’re born of the Word of God (1 Peter 1:23), which is the true light.

God has given you His Word to light up your path, so there would neither be darkness nor uncertainties as you journey through life. Therefore, being led by His light, you’d go in the direction of love, joy, righteousness, health, peace, and prosperity. Blessed be God!

PRAYER

Blessed Father, I thank you for your Word is my light and the compass by which I navigate my way through life. I do not grope or wander in the dark, because your Word illuminates my path, gives me direction and guidance, and makes me an absolute success in life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

1 John 1:5-7 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Ephesians 5:13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Psalm 36:9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 20:1-19 & 1 Samuel 18-19

2 YEAR BIBLE READING plans
Mark 4:30-41 & Leviticus 23

#TALKINGSESSION

23RD APRIL.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD

Dear Father, I thank You for setting eternity in my heart, such that there’s no limit to what I can envision. Thank You for lavishly granting me the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of You; the eyes of my understanding being enlightened, to know the hope of Your calling and the glory of Your inheritance in the saints. I look away from all distracting situations, and I fix my gaze upon Jesus, the Living Word. I walk by faith and not by sensory

perception. I thank You for the Holy Spirit who dwells in me and causes me to see the mysteries and secrets of the Kingdom, and apprehend my inheritance in Christ. I walk in divine prosperity, deliverance, health, victory, abundance, strength and promotions, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: TUESDAY 23RD APRIL 2019

THEME: DEADLY GENEROSITY.

MEMORISE:

My son, if thou be surety for thy friend, if thou hast stricken thy hand with a stranger,Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth. Proverbs 6:1-2

READ: Genesis 43:1-10

1And the famine was sore in the land.

2 And it came to pass, when they had eaten up the corn which they had brought out of Egypt, their father said unto them, Go again, buy us a little food.

3 And Judah spake unto him, saying, The man did solemnly protest unto us, saying, Ye shall not see my face, except your brother be with you.

4 If thou wilt send our brother with us, we will go down and buy thee food:

5 But if thou wilt not send him, we will not go down: for the man said unto us, Ye shall not see my face, except your brother be with you.

6 And Israel said, Wherefore dealt ye so ill with me, as to tell the man whether ye had yet a brother?

7 And they said, The man asked us straitly of our state, and of our kindred, saying, Is your father yet alive? have ye another brother? and we told him according to the tenor of these words: could we certainly know that he would say, Bring your brother down?

8 And Judah said unto Israel his father, Send the lad with me, and we will arise and go; that we may live, and not die, both we, and thou, and also our little ones.

9 I will be surety for him; of my hand shalt thou require him: if I bring him not unto thee, and set him before thee, then let me bear the blame for ever:

10 For except we had lingered, surely now we had returned this second time.

A guarantor is someone who voluntarily becomes the legal Surety for another person's debts or responsibilities. He or she is a person who undertakes to ensure that an agreed future event takes place. A guarantor also comes to the aid of someone else to meet a need at a cost which involves a great deal of personal risk. In Proverbs 17:18 and proverbs 22-26, the Bible teaches against standing as Surety for friends and acquaintances. These passages indicate that anyone who offers himself or herself as Surety for debts is a foolish person without understanding. Following common occurrences around the world today, it is only advisable to stand as guarantor for members of your immediate family. Based on God's understanding of human nature, the Bible views the role of a guarantor as a form of deadly generosity. God knows that the guarantor will always be left in a vulnerable position and is bound to suffer loss in the long run. God did not take this position only because of his knowledge of human nature, but also because of Christ's first-hand experience as the ultimate guarantor of Mankind's salvation. Hebrews 4:15 says:

“For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.”

Having suffered so much to obtain our Salvation, Jesus knows that it will be difficult for any human being to survive the disappointments and pain that comes with being a surety.

The Old Testament records one incident relating to someone standing Surety for another. In it, Judah stood as a guarantor for Benjamin, to save Jacob's family from starvation (Genesis 43:9, Genesis 44:32). Similarly, Jesus is the only person in the New Testament who stands as a guarantor. Hebrews 7:22 says:

“By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.”

Jesus is the mediator of the Covenant between God and His people, and He is also its guarantor God's promise are all guaranteed in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 1:20). Knowing the consequences of standing as Surety for anyone, Jesus willingly chose to stand for us because of the love he has for us. He paid the price of His life and today he sits in heaven as the one who guarantees the term of the New Covenant that Grant's us access to the family of God. How generous He is! Jesus is still offering His extravagant generosity to all today, and it is an offer of love. Accept it today and your life will never be the same again!

ACTION POINT:

Give God thanks for His extravagant generosity in making you a partaker of His new covenant.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 27-28
Jeremiah 23:16-32

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 9: IN CHRIST ALONE

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
'Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.
SEEDS OF DESTINY:
BY DR. (PST.) PAUL ENENCHE
(DUNAMIS INTERNATIONAL GOSPEL CENTRE-DIGC)

TUESDAY 23RD APRIL, 2019

TOPIC:
THE TRAPS (DEVICES) OF THE ENEMY.

SCRIPTURE: Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices. 2 Corinthians 2:11

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The growth of faith is the death of fear.

It is a fact from our anchor Scripture that the strength of the devil is not in his power but in his devices, traps and wiles. The devil sets traps for people so he can proceed to destroy those his traps have caught. But the most important truth is that the devil is powerless because Jesus has said in Matthew Chapter 28, and in Verse 18… All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Now, one trap that the enemy uses to destroy the children of God is called FEAR. Fear is a magnet and an attraction of destruction. The devil introduces fear, and when fear matures, disaster and calamity arrive. Fear invites torments, and to surrender to fear is to surrender to torment (Job 23:25).

I remember the case of a young lady who attended to her Aunty that was afflicted with cancer and watched how the aunty suffered until she passed away. This young lady remained in the fear of that affliction until the same cancer affliction came on her almost twenty years later, because the fear was not dealt with.

Beloved, every time you begin to entertain fear, you are in a state of emergency. Deal with that fear! You must refuse for fear to thrive in your life. Do so by studying Scriptures and messages that kill fear and instil faith in you. The growth of faith is the death of fear. And faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

REMEMBER THIS: The growth of faith is the death of fear.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Feed your spirit with Christian fear-destroying messages and books that will kill fear and instil faith in you.

2. Refuse to fear.

PRAYER: O Lord, I ask that You impart me with the Spirit of faith. I reject every trace of fear hovering over my life, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: THE TRAPS (DEVICES) OF THE ENEMY

QUOTE: The absence of faith is the reason for fear in the midst of the storm. Culled from: RIDING THE STORMS OF LIFE by Dr Paul Enenche

DAILY READING: Judges 1:1 to 2:9, Luke 21:29 to 22:13, Psalm 90:1 to 91:16, Proverbs 13:24 to 25

AMAZING FACT: The cheetah can run at speeds of 70-75mph

TODAY IN HISTORY: 23/04/1990 – Namibia became the 160th member of the United Nations and the 50th member of the Commonwealth of Nations
OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL

TUESDAY APRIL 23, 2019

TOPIC: ISHMAEL: YOUR REGRET BUS-STOP!
BASIC SCRIPTURES: (GENESIS 16:1-16; Proverbs 21:5).

Welcome to a beautiful Story to Glory Day! My prayer is that today’s devotional will meet your needs as always. Genesis 16:1-16 explains a very wonderful story that happened between Abraham, Sarah and Hagar.

Abraham had been waiting for a long time for God’s promise and covenant to him (Genesis 15:1-6), but it looked as if it would never come to pass or there was no possibility in it.

When he could no longer wait, he gave in to the counsel of his wife (Sarah) to sleep with her Egyptian slave (Hagar). It really looked like a wonderful idea: Hagar would have a baby and the whole house would have a child to call theirs. But never forget that not all GOOD IDEAS ARE GOD’S IDEAS!

The tragedy was that Father Abraham was treading the path of bringing to pass God’s covenant over him by himself! He was creating SHORTCUTS that Would later become DEADLY CUTS! Indeed, waiting can be one of the hardest things for us as humans, but if we know Him that has sent the Word, we would hold on and trust Him.

There is pain in the process of waiting between the PROMISE and the ANSWER; and even harder when the waiting comes with uncertainties! WAITING creates questions like: “Where is this going? Where am I going to end up? What is my future going to look like?” The reality is, we just don’t know and it is this uncertainty that crushes us!

In this 2nd quarter of 2019, determine that you will not create SHORT CUTS or HELP GOD to bring the promise to pass! Hurry leads to Sorry!
When you MOVE AHEAD OF GOD, YOU CREATE ISHMAELS that become YOUR REGRET BUS-STOPS! Ah! Hear this: Your God is not a man (Numbers 23:19); He doesn’t waste words!

Also hear Benjamin Franklin: “He that can have Patience, can have what he will.” Your waiting time is not your wasting time! Oh! I see celebration in your house! Hold on and hold out!

Lagos, Ogudu SPECIAL ANOINTING SERVICE for this month is Saturday, April 27th. Theme: “SECRETS OF LOCATING DESTINY HELPERS.” Time: 7.30 a.m. You will be praying for your old and losing NEW destiny helpers! It will be awesome!

PRAYER POINTS: Take Song 2: → Count your blessings
1. Thank God for today’s word and pray as you are led.
2. Pressure from my enemies against my testimony; I subdue you in Jesus name.
3. shall not create ISHMAELS! I shall not go ahead of God! Father, I receive the grace to wait for You in Jesus name!
4. Arrows of depression, confusion, doubt, self-pity; go sender in Jesus name.

BY BISHOP (DR) CHRIS KWAKPOVWE (CEK)
PUBLISHER/AUTHOR & EDITOR-IN-CHIEF

2. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

1. When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.

REFRAIN:

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God has done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your many blessings, see what God has done.
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.

2. Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,

3. And you will keep singing as the days go by.
When you look at others with their lands and gold,

4. Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings—money cannot buy "wealth can never buy"
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.
So, amid the conflict whether great or small,

5. Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.
CAC LIVING WATER

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 

TOPIC: FIGHTING FOR ETERNAL LIFE
Read Colossians 3:5-8

(5) Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

(6) For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
(7) In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
(8) But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

MEMORISE: And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force (Matthew 11:12)

EXPOSITION

It is alarming today, the rate at which Africans queue up at the American and British embassies in search of greener pastures. Many have sold their belongings. In fact, some have taken it to the extreme of selling their fortune, to secure visas to these nations. To them, these nations are better places where they could earn good living. Good things are worth fighting for.

The kingdom of God is like a fortified city where its enemies try at all cost to gain access. Those who want to gain possession of God's Kingdom of peace, righteousness and joy, must be earnest, though all hell opposes them in every way.

A lot of things can hinder one from attaining eternal life, just as there are obstacles to getting visas abroad. There are so much to contend with to enter eternal life - Satan, self, sin, the world, fame, money, position, pride, etc. (Prov. 6:16-19; Gal. 5:19-21; Col. 3:5; 1 Tim. 6:10). Fighting for any precious medal involves self-discipline; so is the quest for eternity. Believers must put their bodies under subjection, because there are check-points for holiness (1 Pet. 3:3-5; Jas. 3:2-5).

With God on our side, we can contend with every contender on the way (Deut. 2:24). There is no easy ride to heaven though, not an impossible place to be. We must fight with determination, courage, faith, obedience, etc. to scale through all the huddles and get the most coveted crown. May we not miss that glorious place of Christ, in Jesus' name. Amen.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord, fill me with the Holy Spirit Who will help me to discern between the temporal and the eternal things, so that I can dwell on things above.
2. Father, help believers not to be intimidated by challenges that could hinder us as we fight on in this heavenly race.
3. Lord, help Christian leaders to be mindful of divine things than materialism, by which many have fallen.
EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Ruth 2:19 – 4:22; 1 Samuel 1:1 - 1:19; Luke 15:21 – 16:10
HAVE A GLORIOUS TUESDAY.............. SHALOM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM