Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9th Senate: Why We Picked Lawan For Senate Presidency – APC
Quote:The All Progressive Congress (APC) has explained why it picked Ahmed Lawan, the current leader of the 8th Senate, as its candidate for Senate Presidency in the 9th Senate.

Mr Lawan was the preferred candidate of the ruling party when the formation of the 8th Senate was due in 2015. But the dream did not come true because another lawmaker, Bukola Saraki, who belonged to the party at the time emerged winner.

The emergence of Mr Saraki was against the wish of the APC with several attempts to oust the top lawmaker thwarted. He was elected Senate President due to an alliance he formed with the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to carry them along.

The spokesperson of the ruling party, Lanre Issa-Onilu, said the APC settled for Lawan because just like Saraki, the lawmaker is able to carry his colleagues along.

“It is important to note that one of the key considerations for adopting him as the party’s candidate for the Senate Presidency is his ability to carry everyone along,” Mr Issa-Onilu said.

“On top of that, the party has confidence in him not to compromise the progressive ideology of APC. So clearly, Senator Ahmed Lawan is capable of conducting his negotiations within the prism of APC’s objectives,” he added.

Read more: https://politicstimesng.com/why-we-picked-lawan-for-senate-presidency-apc/
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goje Better than Lawan, Ndume, Says APC Scribe Edoman 0 6 04-21-2019, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  APC Governors, Others Endorse Lawan, Gbajabiamila’ Edoman 0 25 04-15-2019, 09:06 PM
  Presidency reacts to controversy over Sez Nigeria Company, says 'people are crying wo Gimbiya 0 49 04-04-2019, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Gimbiya
  Why Buhari is yet to sign the N30,000 minimum wage bill - Presidency explains Edoman 0 44 04-04-2019, 09:55 AM
  Make me Deputy Senate President or I will contest for Senate President'' - Orji Uzor Edoman 0 43 03-27-2019, 11:25 PM
  Senate: I Consulted With Buhari, Tinubu Before Contesting - Ndume Edoman 0 61 03-27-2019, 10:26 AM
  Why I Want To Be Senate President – Ndume Edoman 0 52 03-26-2019, 04:39 PM
  Saraki, PDP Plot To Install Goje As Senate President Edoman 0 60 03-26-2019, 10:48 AM