The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police deny beating NSCDC officer to death in Abuja
Police deny beating NSCDC officer to death in Abuja

[Image: 5c94b6822f9eb.PNG]

The Nigerian Police Force has denied the allegation that its officers beat an official of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, Jumbo Ogah, to death in Abuja.

Recall that on Wednesday March 20th, LIB shared a report of how Ogah was allegedly attacked and beaten up by police officers along Nyanya Highway in Abuja, for driving against traffic. It was alleged that Ogah died at the scene where he was attacked. Read here.

The spokesperson of the Nigeria Police Command, Frank Mba, held a press conference yesterday where he denied the allegation. According to him, Ogah violated traffic rules and was arrested by two Traffic Warden along Nyanya Highway in Abuja. He was taken to the police station where he slumped.
Quote:“It is usually unfortunate when any life is lost, it doesn’t matter the circumstances surrounding the loss of life, therefore, my explanation here should not be seen as an excuse, justification or a validation of the unfortunate incident. It should be seen as clarification and a sincere attempt to at providing the facts as I was given.
The facts as I was given indicate that the incident happened yesterday, about 9 am. The deceased who was later identified as a member of NSCDC was said to be driving along with members of his family precisely his wife. He was said to have disobeyed traffic regulations and accosted by two traffic wardens who are not conventional policemen.
On contravention, he was arrested and he drove himself to the police station with immediate members of his family who were with him at the time of arrest and a Traffic Warden in his own car. Traffic Wardens are not conventional Police Personnel that is why they wear yellow top for easy identification. They don't bear arms either.
I was told that he drove himself personally to Nyanyan police station. He walked out of the car and they took him to the charge room and began to ask him questions. Simple preliminary questionss. It was in that process that he suddenly slumped. He was rushed to the hospital where he was eventually confirmed dead. 
I was also told he was never in the full uniform of the civil defence as has been variously reported. 
My personnel interaction with CP FCT reveals there was no sign of physical assault on the deceased.
However, the two traffic wardens involved are in detention pending autopsy to determine the cause of death,” he said.
[Image: icon_share.png] by Li
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
Policemen Dragged Ogah Jumbo, My Husband Till He Died – NSCDC Officer’s Widow

Ada, the wife of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps officer, Ogah Jumbo, who was allegedly beaten to death by two traffic wardens in Nyanya, Abuja, on Wednesday, has said the deceased was dragged on the ground till he died.

Ada stated that her husband sustained broken fingernails and bruises on his toes when he was dragged on the ground by the traffic wardens, who assaulted him.

The widow told a Punch correspondent onThusday that the traffic wardens hit Ogah on the head several times with batons after which he was dragged on the ground for about a kilometre to the police station where he gave up the ghost.

It was learnt that the Federal Capital Territory Commissioner of Police, Bala Ciroma, had ordered the detention of the police personnel involved in the incident.

The wife, who witnessed the encounter alongside her two children, refuted reports that her husband was driving against the traffic.

According to her, the late Assistant Superintendent of the NSCDC, who was attached to the Sharia Court in Abuja, was taking her to the Gloryland International School, Karu, where she works as a teacher, when the incident happened.

She said, “We were going to Karu from New Nyanya, but on getting to the Catholic church, we diverted. A traffic warden stopped the vehicles on the other side and asked vehicles on our side to move, but when it got to our turn, he stopped our car and my husband pleaded with him that he was late for work.

“The traffic warden retorted that it was not his business, because he was not the cause of the traffic jam. He stood in front of the vehicle and said my husband wanted to hit him with the car.

“He kicked the vehicle and went to the driver’s side and was pulling my husband out of the vehicle. His (the traffic warden’s) colleague, Mr Idoko, also joined him and they were beating my husband with batons. I alighted from the vehicle and pleaded with them.

“They (traffic wardens) dragged my husband on the ground to their station. If you see his body in the mortuary, you will notice that his fingernails were chopped off and he bled to death.”

Ada added that while her husband was being taken away by the policemen, she went back to the vehicle to fetch the car key and his phones.

“By the time I got to their station, I found my husband sitting on the ground and unable to talk. All the policemen were insulting him, saying, ‘You are a stupid man; we hate civil defence corps officers, they are too stubborn’. They killed my husband in my presence, leaving me to cater for two children alone,” she noted.

The teacher explained that the policemen were not willing to take Ogah to the hospital, on the excuse that their vehicles had no fuel, adding that the deceased was not accepted at the Nyanya General Hospital, where they eventually took him to after a long delay.

Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police in charge of the FCT Command, Ciroma, has visited the NSCDC office to commiserate with the operatives over Ogah’s death.

The NSCDC spokesman, David Akinbinu, said in a statement that the CP disclosed that the errant policemen had been detained, adding that investigation had also commenced.

Photos below

Gist via :- https://nairatrend.com.ng/how-policemen-...ers-widow/

[Image: 9029375_075c7ee0053b4680a02cd541813e012f...9378bddfd3]
[Image: 9029376_4129588ee653422ba4685509be6524e3...85d5c58854]
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cholera outbreak death toll rises to 75 in Katsina Edoman 1 705 10-07-2022, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Emmbra
  Bandits Break Into NDA Kaduna, Kill Naval Officer, Two Majors Kidnapped Edoman 0 1,073 08-24-2021, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Edoman
  Police Smashes 14-Member Kidnapping Syndicate In Adamawa Edoman 0 753 08-18-2021, 11:41 AM
  Bonaventure Enemali Shot By Navy Officer! Anambra Commissioner Escapes Death Edoman 0 792 08-16-2021, 06:25 PM
  Two cops, three bandits killed as gunmen attack Imo police station Edoman 0 779 08-14-2021, 01:22 PM
  How Abba Kyari’s Police Team Extorted N1M Each From Suspected IPOB Members - SR Edoman 0 847 08-12-2021, 11:00 PM
  Officer and 3 gunmen killed in attack on Imo police station Edoman 0 783 08-06-2021, 10:30 AM
  Taliban 'execute 900 people in 6 weeks including police, village elders and a comedi Edoman 0 780 08-05-2021, 10:48 PM