The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning Devotional For Saturday 9th March
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

SATURDAY, 9TH MARCH.

“THE FIRE OF CLEANSING”.

I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire (Matthew 3:11).

Fire is very significant in Scripture. In some places, it was used to symbolize the Spirit of God and the character in which He operated or manifested Himself. When God revealed Himself to Moses, it was in the burning bush (Exodus 3:3-5). When the Holy Ghost came in Acts 2:1-4 as Jesus had promised His disciples, the Scriptures record that cloven tongues like as of fire appeared unto them and sat upon each of them, and they were filled with the Holy Ghost.

Then we read the words of John the Baptist in our opening verse above, where he talked about the baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire. Now, many have confused John’s statement to mean that both the power of the Holy Ghost, and the fire of the Holy Ghost are synonymous, but they aren’t. When John the Baptist said Jesus shall baptize with the Holy Ghost, and with fire, that “fire” meant judgment.

The fire of the Holy Ghost is about cleansing; it’s called, “The fire of Judgment” or “The fire of cleansing.” The Bible says, “…he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire” (Matthew 3:12). That’s judgment! It’s the same thing we see in Malachi 3:2-3: “But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fullers’ soap: And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the LORD an offering in righteousness.”

Thus, Holy Ghost fire is the fire of purification; it takes away the unclean things from your life; it burns them up, that there be no impurities in you; that fire purifies you, removes everything that’s not of God. Thus, you’re sanctified for the Lord’s use; you’re His vessel unto honour, to bring Him glory, and establish His will in the earth. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION

I’m washed, sanctified, justified, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and by the Spirit of our God! There’s no uncleanness in me, for the fire of the Holy Ghost purifies my heart from all filthiness. I’ve become the radiance of God’s glory, and the expression of His righteousness. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

Isaiah 4:3-4 And it shall come to pass, [that he that is] left in Zion, and [he that] remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, [even] every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem: 4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

2 Timothy 2:19-21 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, [and] prepared unto every good work.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
Mark 14:1-26 & Numbers 24-26

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
Matthew 21:18-32 & Exodus 18

#TALKINGSESSION

9TH MARCH.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD

Dear Father, thank You for the revelation of Your Word that confirms indeed that the glory of the latter is greater than that of the former, as evidenced by the miracles that are wrought today by Your Spirit, through faith in the Name of Jesus. I am properly positioned to experience the greater and, mighty
move of the Spirit in my day and will do wonders in my world. Thank You for the comfort of the

Scriptures! Your Word indeed is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. I am so grateful to learn from You today that no matter what happens, I am a victor in Christ Jesus! I maintain that right attitude of faith and victory today, and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SATURDAY 9TH MARCH 2019

THEME: ARE YOU IN THE WRONG PLACE?

MEMORISE:

And he looked toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the plain, and beheld, and, lo, the smoke of the country went up as the smoke of a furnace. Genesis 19:28

READ: Genesis 13:7-13

7And there was a strife between the herdmen of Abram's cattle and the herdmen of Lot's cattle: and the Canaanite and the Perizzite dwelled then in the land.

8 And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren.

9 Is not the whole land before thee? separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.

10 And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was well watered every where, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even as the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as thou comest unto Zoar.

11 Then Lot chose him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they separated themselves the one from the other.

12 Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelled in the cities of the plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom.

13 But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORDexceedingly.

Genesis 19:27-30

27 And Abraham gat up early in the morning to the place where he stood before the LORD:

28 And he looked toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the plain, and beheld, and, lo, the smoke of the country went up as the smoke of a furnace.

29 And it came to pass, when God destroyed the cities of the plain, that God remembered Abraham, and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow, when he overthrew the cities in the which Lot dwelt.

30 And Lot went up out of Zoar, and dwelt in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he feared to dwell in Zoar: and he dwelt in a cave, he and his two daughters.

It is a deadly thing for a person to be in the wrong place at any point in time, and this includes being among the wrong people. This has led to many unpleasant experiences that have caused irreparable harm to people, even leading to their death. It is therefore not surprising that the Bible says in Psalm 1:1:

“Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.”

How great the wisdom of our God is! The wisdom further says to us in 2 Corinthians 6:16-17:

“And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.”

Some children of God have found themselves in the wrong places because of their search for so-called “greener pasture”. Te story of Elimelech in the book of Ruth is a sad example of someone who found himself in a wrong place while seeking greener pasture. Because of a famine, he left Bethlehem-Judah in search of a mean of livelihood in the land of Moab, and he suffered immeasurable loss for it (Ruth 1:1-7). He lost his life and his linage was almost wiped out. Today’s Bible tells the similar unfortunate story of how Lot chose a place that seemed good for his livestock farming activities, only to later find out that it was the wrong place to dwell in. lot chose to dwell in the land of wicked people because he loved the prosperity of the wicked. How wrong he was to live among wicked people who were marked out for destruction. Whoever chooses to dwell among the wicked will likely suffer the same fate as the wicked. The Lord decided to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because their grievous sins had become too great in His sight. If not for Abraham, Lot would have been destroyed along with them. Nevertheless, his wife and all his savings were lost in one day. Imagine the regret and agony he must have felt as Sodom and Gomorrah burnt like a furnace. That is what the cost of being in the wrong place looks like. May you never experience the agony of being in an ungodly environment in Jesus Name.

ACTION POINT:

Who are those you share your daily life with? Seek and work towards mingling with people who fear the Lord. As much as it lies within your power, do not dwell in the same habitation with the wicked.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Romans 7-8

Isaiah 58

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 3: TRUST AND OBEY.
1. When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

Refrain:
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

2. Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.

3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.

4. But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.

5. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: SATURDAY 9TH MARCH, 2019*

*TOPIC: LABOUR IS NOT FAVOUR! ABOVE IS NOT ABROAD!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: GENESIS 26:1-16*

Again, I received another mail in late 2016 and I am led to use it as a focus in today’s devotional. Read along with me. “Beloved Dr. Chris, my eldest brother has been living in the United States for the past twenty-five years (since 1981).

Till this moment, *his impact has never been felt at home – no achievement of any kind whatsoever.* He has, a s of now, abandoned his wife and four children in Houston Texas and left for Oklahoma city. Please, brother, in union with the 24-hour Worldwide Manna Prayer Chain, help me in prayers so that my brother (regardless of the wasted years) will be delivered from the bounds and shackles of the wicked one and come back to his senses. Remain richly blessed (Brother K – 08033954780).”

As soon as the mail was received, we started praying and I know that the mercy of God will cause a wonderful testimony out of this battle for the destiny of a lovely soul; but the Holy Ghost emphasis in today’s devotional is on the fact that *prosperity is not from abroad, but from above. What can you say of a man that has not made any impact on humanity after spending 25 years in America?*

The Holy Ghost also wants a user of today’s devotional to note that labour is not favour and labour does not guarantee a lift to your next level. Millions are migrating across the globe from nation to nation in search of greener pastures. But the stack reality is that a lizard in Africa cannot become a crocodile in America, neither can a dog in Asia become a lion in Europe. I receive calls from across the globe daily and I have discovered that there is no continent that is exempted from the battles of life.

There are suffering/crying people in America while there are cruising people in Africa. This is the mystery of divine success! Isaac sowed in the land and he reaped a 100-fold. *The blessing is not in the land. The blessing is in the covenant because others were sowing on the land at the same time.* Do you know that a man/woman who understands the covenant can bloom in the desert? LABOUR IS NOT FAVOUR! ABOVE IS NOT ABROAD! So, if God does not tell you to relocate, stay where you are, otherwise your name will be changed to FRUSTRATION.

*Don’t miss the NEXT BATTLE AXE INT’L MINSTERS’/WORKERS CONFERENCE OF 2019 MARCH 29TH – 31ST. 29TH is 6pm. 30TH are 3 SESSIONS from 8am. 31ST is impartation service 8am! Venue is Manna (Interdenominational) Mountain, OGUDU Orioke, Lagos!*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take Song 1: Higher Ground…

1. Lord, help me not to look to man or nations but to You for my supply. Pray seriously about your life and ministry as led.
*THE BIBLE IN YEAR: JOSHUA 9 – 12*
*BY: BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/AUTHOR AND EDITOR-IN-CHIEF_

*Songs 1: Higher Ground*

1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining everyday;
Still praying as I onward bound,

“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”
*Chorus*
Lord, lift me up, and let me stand
By faith on Canaan’s tableland;
A higher plane than I have found,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

2. My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.

3. I want to live above the world,
Though Satan’s darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught the joyful sound,
The song of saints on higher ground.

4. I want to scale the utmost height
And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I’ll pray till rest I’ve found,
“Lord, lead me on to higher ground.”
*THE LIVING WATER*

*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Saturday, March 9, 2019*

*TOPIC: LIVING THE LIFE OF HOLINESS*
*Read: 1 Thessalonians 4:1-12*

*MEMORISE: _Finally then, brethren, we urge and exhort in the Lord Jesus that you should abound more and more, just as you received from us how you ought to walk and to please God_ (1 Thessalonians 4:1).*

*EXPOSITION*

Living a life of holiness is not living a life of rule-followers, like the Pharisees, but rather living a life fully devoted to loving God with all your heart, mind and strength, and in doing so, love others as you love yourself. 

Therefore, what God is most concerned about in our lives is what kind of people we are becoming less and less inclined to the same sins, and more attracted to the things of God? Are we giving the Holy Spirit more and more influence in our lives? Is Christ, and the presence of God, becoming more of a delight to us? Are we becoming less selfish and more selfless? Are we concerned about not just ourselves, but others? Are we focused on Christ and the concerns of Christ, and not just wrapped up in our own affairs?

The life of holiness is the life of faith in which the believer, with a deepening knowledge of his own sin and helplessness apart from Christ, increasingly casts himself upon the Lord, and seeks the power of the Holy Spirit and the wisdom, and comfort of the Bible to battle against the world, the flesh and the devil. It is not a lonely struggle, for Christ gives the Spirit to the members of His body to help one another.

When we become Christians, God’s presence indwells us and we are united to Christ by faith for growing in holiness. Growth in holiness (i.e *earning to love God and love others) is the process that prepares us for our eternal destiny – everlasting life in God’s presence!* You will not be found wanting in Jesus’ name. AMEN.

*PRAYER POINTS*

*1.* Lord, make me holy as You are holy.
*2.* Oh Lord, let my focus and concern for doing everything in all places be for You, and You alone.
*3.* Father Lord, purge Your Church of every contamination of sin and worldliness.
*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* Numbers 18:31 – 21:21; Mark 10:31 – 10:52
GOOD MORNING AND DO HAVE A BLESSED WEEKEND.
JESUS CHRIST IS COMING BACK VERY SOON, BE READY
Seed of Destiny 

Saturday, 9th March 

TOPIC: THE PASSION OF ELIJAH

SCRIPTURE: Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are,"and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain": and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. James 5:17.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Your passion for God is proved by your desire to spend time with Him at the place of prayer and the study of His Word.
Our anchor Scripture makes it clear that Elijah was a man of passion,"passion for God. He was so passionate and addicted to God that he had a permanent stand in God’s Presence (1 Kings 17":1). Elijah was so jealous and zealous for God that he stood for God alone when the children of Israel had forsaken God (1 Kings 19:10).

It is very important to know that his passion for God was evidenced by his prayer life. He prayed earnestly that it should not rain for three years and six months and the rain was suspended accordingly for that duration; he prayed again and the heaven brought forth rain at the end of the period (James 5:17). His prayer life made him to lock and open the heavens at will. Elijah was a symbol of prayer in the Scriptures. He did great exploits by the power of prayer.

He was so dedicated to God in prayer that he could call down fire from heaven (1 Kings 18:36-38). By the power of prayer,"Elijah called down fire from heaven and consumed the burnt sacrifices and sanctified the land.

Apart from prayer, Elijah was a man of the Word. His prayer life was fuelled by his knowledge of the Word of God. He had studied the Scriptures and understood that sin could make God to shut the heaven (2 Chronicles 7":13-15) and so,"he prayed the Word of God by locking and opening the heavens.

Beloved, your passion for God is proved by your desire to spend time with Him at the place of prayer and the study of His Word. People who are passionless for God do not care to pray or study God’s Word. Make up your mind to be passionate for God today. Be given to prayer and addicted to the Word.

Remember this": Your passion for God is proved by your desire to spend time with Him at the place of prayer and the study of His Word.

ASSIGNMENTS:

1. Study the Book of 1 Kings 17-19 to know more about the passion of Elijah.
2. Ask God to baptize you with a greater dimension of passion for His Presence and His Word.

PRAYER: O Lord,"I ask that You baptize me afresh with a passion for Your Presence. Help me to treasure Your Presence above all things, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE": DEDICATION TO PRAYER AND THE WORD.
DAILY READING: Numbers 11:24 to 13: 33,"Mark 14":22 to 52,"Psalm 52":1 to 9,"Proverbs 11":1 to 3.
QUOTE: One of the reasons why many believers suffer from unanswered prayers for many years is because bitterness is present in their lives. Culled from AM I BITTER? by Dr (Mrs) Becky Paul-Enenche.
AMAZING FACT: The human heart beats about 115,"000 times each day.
TODAY IN HISTORY": 09/03/2011 – Space Shuttle Discovery makes its final landing after 39 flights.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM