The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olowo flays government’s earmarking of N8.5bn on Nigeria Air in 2019 budget
Olowo flays government’s earmarking of N8.5bn on Nigeria Air in 2019 budget

PRESIDENT of the Aviation Round Table (ART), Elder Gabriel Olowo has maintained that Federal government was not toeing the right path on how it has gone about trying to establish a new national carrier and has flayed government’s planned N8.5bn for the suspended Nigeria Air in the 2019 budget proposal to the National Assembly.
Olowo made this known earlier today in Lagos at the launch of a book ‘The Learned Commander,’ authored by Capt. Dele Ore, an erstwhile Director of Operations of the defunct national carrier, Nigeria Airways at his 75th Birthday.

The ART President who made his views known at the book launch argued that government was doing the wrong thing setting aside N500m for Transaction Advisers in the budget, saying that a little of such an amount of money if allocated to technical professionals in the country, would give the government appropriate advice on how to go about the establishing a viable national carrier.

Olowo said: “I read it somewhere that the Federal Government proposed another N8.5bn for the establishment of a new national carrier for Nigeria in the 2019 budget proposal to the National Assembly. Out of this money, N500m was set aside for Transaction Advisers.
“If you give the N500m to people like Dele Ore and co, they will advice you better on how to have a befitting national carrier. However, ART as a body will continue to fight for the interest of the former staff of Nigeria Airways. We will continue to drum it to the ears of the government that what is due to them is paid.”
Also speaking in an interview with journalists, Capt. Ore, expressed sadness over the liquidation of the airline almost 16 years later, saying that the staff were poorly treated by the government.

He insisted that the government was wrongly advised on the liquidation of the airline, adding that another national carrier may not birth until all the former staff were properly remunerated by the government.
He explained that late Umaru Yar’Adua paid five years severance packages of the retired staff, while President Goodluck Jonathan who took over from him refused to pay the staff of the liquidated carrier.

He, however, lauded President Muhammadu Buhari for paying a part of the severance package, but lamented that he and a few others who retired before the airline was liquidated were still not properly paid their dues.
He said: “Nigeria Airways was all I know in my entire life. In fact, someone boasted that once they remove an aeroplane from me, I will be empty. I retired shortly before the airline was liquidated by the Federal Government. The government was ill-advised. It was a costly mistake. To liquidate the airline and not settling the staff was another crime against the staff.

“However, former President Umaru Yar’Adua did a bit by paying the five years severance packages, but Jonathan who was his vice when he took over did not do anything for the workers.

“But, what the government paid recently was just the tip of the iceberg. I for one, I have not been settled. I only received a part of what I am entitled to. I however say kudos to the President (Buhari), but more still needed to be done. This has allowed me to launch my book, which I have been writing in the past eight years. This is my ninth book. The book would be launched properly on March 28, 2019.”

Ore, however attributed non-adherence to business contracts by airline operators in Nigeria for the depleted aircraft fleet in recent
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UNITED STATES OF AMERICA EMBASSY/CONSULATE IN NIGERIA IS CURRENTLY HIRING Peacejordan 0 1,016 09-19-2021, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Peacejordan
  Nigeria Air Yet To Fly, 3 Years After Unveiling Edoman 0 956 08-18-2021, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Edoman
  Nigeria’s unclaimed share dividends hits N170bn – Securities and Exchange Commission Edoman 0 802 08-14-2021, 07:05 AM
  Nigeria’s loans from World Bank, African Development Bank rise to $14.35bn Edoman 0 841 08-02-2021, 02:15 PM
  AMCON takes over NICON Insurance and Nigeria Reinsurance Corporation Edoman 0 776 07-27-2021, 05:44 PM
  Nigeria’s revenue-to-GDP ratio lowest in the World – World Bank Edoman 0 819 07-27-2021, 02:15 PM
  World Bank: Nigeria's Growth Lags Africa As Inflation, Poverty, Crime Rises Edoman 0 902 06-16-2021, 09:16 AM
  Nigeria Exits Recession, Real GDP Rose By 0.11% In Q4 And -1.92% In FY 2020 Edoman 1 1,146 05-17-2021, 04:47 PM
Last Post: AustinMullins