The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $postsdone - Line: 867 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 867 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 867 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15602 - Line: 867 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15603 - Line: 867 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15604 - Line: 867 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15721 - Line: 867 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15780 - Line: 867 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 16113 - Line: 867 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15602 - Line: 1576 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1576 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1578 buildtree
/showthread.php 879 buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15603 - Line: 1576 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15604 - Line: 1576 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15780 - Line: 1576 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 16113 - Line: 1576 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 880 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $multipage - Line: 33 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $multipage - Line: 65 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 65 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season (2) Shades of Lust Episode 25-55
Episode 37

Kelvin’s side of the story continues

Very early the next morning, I was dragged to the same office I was questioned (over the gun possession issue) the previous week. (The annoying police inspector I dealt with the previous week and two ASP officers were there just like the last time I was there). You can’t imagine the grin on their faces when they recognized me.

‘’you again?’’ the inspector asked with disbelief. I shrugged, clueless on how to face them. I just couldn’t help but pray for my case to be transferred to another set of officers.

‘’I thought the lady that bailed you last week was your fiancée, how come you went on a vacation immediately after getting your bail with this new lady that was shot, I mean according to what you told my colleague yesterday?’’ he asked seriously as I sat on a bench while the other officers exchanged glances. I needed no telling that I was ruined. The look on their faces clearly showed that they didn’t buy my story. Of course i was already pronounced guilty by officers who were supposed to carry out a detailed investigation.

‘’I didn’t shoot the girl. My fiancée, the lady that bailed me out the previous week did. She caught the girl and I, shot her and ran away. The more you guys are delaying to get her, the more time you are giving her to escape’’ I breathed nervously, throwing the room into a sharp silence with my outburst.

‘’you better be sure about what you are saying because we are going to your house right now before heading to the crime scene. We are yet to recover the crime weapon and you better cooperate with us very well’’ the inspector slowly added while I shrugged in acceptance.
In few minutes we were at my house.

Kelvin’s house

The officers with me cautiously advanced to my front door, taking every safety precaution as one of them knocked at the door. My sound system was playing inside, clearly showing that someone was at home.
My heart pounded furiously as I wondered what Jessica was up to. But to my surprise she answered the door and stared at us with a look of surprise, like someone who wasn’t aware of what was happening. She was really a pretty good actor and oh yes I never even expected to see her at my house. I thought she fled the city after shooting the poor girl, so seeing her that very morning really got me disoriented.

‘’madam we are here to question you over an attempt on Miss Emmanuella Odek’s life yesterday evening. She was fatally shot at her residence’’ the ASP with us addressed Jessica calmly, expertly studying her reaction.

‘’Emmanuella Odek is my friend. Who shot her and why is my husband on cuffs?. I thought we already bailed him last week. Why arrest him again’’ she asked with a slightly raised tone, getting me angry with her pretense.

‘’I think you are getting things wrong here madam. Your man was with the lady when she was shot and neighbors said he was the only one seen with her before she was shot but he put up a good defense claiming that you caught him with your friend, snapped and shot the girl’’ the officer slowly added while Jessica’s color instantly changed.

‘’what!, you mean not only did he cheat on me, he also accused me of such dishonorable thing?. I have suffered’’ she cried, reached forward and slapped me with great fury before the officers could stop her. her act was pretty convincing and I knew the officers bought it.

‘’so then where were you yesterday evening’’ the officer asked.

‘’I was at a friend’s birthday party. I was at Ify’s birthday party. She’s a radio presenter with heartland fm. Most of my friends were there; even the wife of the state commissioner for information was there. You can ask all of them. I was at the party from 5pm till midnight’’ she defended quickly.

‘’you can take their contacts from my phone if you want’’ she quickly offered, surprising the officer with her well calculated replies.

‘’how about we search the house again for the gun used in shooting the girl?’’ he asked politely.

‘’sure of course you can search everywhere’’ she accepted as the other policemen quickly ransacked the whole house while the senior officer quickly went through her phone and copied some numbers which he called with his own phone.

———————————-

After about ten minutes, the officers searching the house came out sweating.

‘’we couldn’t find anything sir’’ they all said to the senior officer who shrugged and me.

‘’your woman’s alibi equally checked out. The three people I called said she was at the party. So you see Mr. Kelvin, all you have left is for miss Emmanuella to survive and talk or else you could be charged for first degree or second degree murder depending on your level of cooperation’’ the officer said to me, apologized to Jessica and headed back to the station with me.

Episode 38

Jude’s side of the story continues

Early Friday morning as I was preparing for lectures, I got a call from an unknown number. Curiously I answered the call, wondering who it could be by that hour.

‘’hey bro, it’s me Kelvin. Meet me at the state police headquarters as soon as you can. Call this number when you get there’’ I heard my cousin mutter with a very weak voice, leaving me totally frightened. Before I could even get myself to breathe out a reply, he hung up, leaving me wondering the kind of trouble he was into this time around.

Nervously I left all I was doing and headed to the state police headquarters. You can’t imagine how loud my heart pounded that moment. Of course I really wasn’t myself and supposing I had any other option, i would have stayed back.

————————————————-

It wasn’t hard to find my cousin at the state police headquarters, looking so weak, frustrated and scared like a Christmas goat. He was really looking like someone already condemned to death when I walked up to him at the office he was being detained. The smile on his face the moment he saw me, showed how happy he was to see me.

‘’listen bro. I don’t have much time but you have to listen carefully because everything is now in your hands. Jessica killed your father. I just discovered the whole truth but unfortunately she caught up with me, tried to kill the only witness and equally set me up. Now listen to all I have to tell you’’ he nervously breathed, shocking me with the words that came out of his mouth.

Quickly he narrated everything to me, starting from his relationship with Cynthia and how Jessica manipulated him into getting rid of the girl. He minced no word in telling me everything, stopping briefly at the point where Jessica shot Emmanuella. His hands shook as he narrated the ugly scene.

‘’ I never knew a woman could be so cold and vicious. I never knew I was living with a she devil all these while. Look at me now; it’s her word against mine. No one will believe me except you. Please just find a way to monitor Emmanuella. If she survives, Jessica might make another move to finish her up. I don’t know when I will be leaving this place. Please just help me talk to Cynthia as well. Tell her everything, here is her phone numbers and address. I need all the help’’ he added as he passed over a piece of paper to me which had Cynthia’s contacts.

I just didn’t know what to say or do. The story I just heard was way too much for me. The story of how my dad was killed equally left a big hole in my heart. All I wanted was vengeance. I had great urge to pay Jessica a visit and finish her up but I lacked the courage to do so. The only way out was to help my cousin and in the process wait for Jessica to misfire and then bring her down.

First and foremost I had to find Cynthia and convince her to help us out.

——————————————-

I stared at my little cousin as he struggled with the story I just told him. It never was my intention to involve him in that kind of messy situation but I had no choice. He was the only one who could be my eyes and soul out there. Of course I knew I was never going to leave the police station at least until Emmauella recovers to talk which really was going to need a miracle to happen. Everything was already going badly for me. The look the policemen gave me after searching my house and questioning Jessica was enough to tell me that my fate was sealed. Jessica’s alibi was pretty strong and I just couldn’t help but imagine how she was able to be at two places at the same time, turning everyone against me.
Not only was I looking like a murderer, I was equally looking like a cheat who instead of taking responsibility for his action was accusing his fiancée who bailed him out of a smaller mess the previous week.
I really was lucky I was yet to be thrown in the cell.

‘’don’t worry brother, I will do my best. We will fight this out’’ I heard Jude assure me strongly, putting a light of hope over me. I breathed deeply, closing my eyes as I prayed inwardly.

‘’’oh that’s so touching’’ I suddenly heard Jessica’s voice mutter as if it was in a dream. I opened my eyes to see her standing before us.
Jude froze and turned white like someone who just saw a ghost while I stared at her with slight fear as I wondered what she came to do. She was the last person I was expecting to see and of course I knew she wasn’t there for a friendly visit.

I couldn’t imagine how a murderer could be allowed to walk so freely.

Episode 39

I nervously stared at both Jessica and Jude, praying for Jude to control his feelings and not over react. I couldn’t help but wonder what the poor boy was passing through that moment. Of course he just learnt of how his father was murdered and the murderer was right there before him.

‘’I have to go now. I will be in touch’’ I finally heard him say after what seemed like an eternity. I was happy he acted so matured and calm.

‘’very well then, do take care of yourself’’ I smiled back. He gave Jessica a quick look, turned and left the room.

————————

(Jessica slowly sat down where Jude just vacated, smiled and left her eyes on me for some seconds.)

‘’kelv, see what you just got yourself into by cheating on me. We could have been happy together. We could have conquered the world together. I was very ready to settle down with you but no you felt I wasn’t good enough. You had to cheat on me with a worthless prostitute. Why?’’ she softly asked, searching me with her eyes. I couldn’t believe she had the guts to ask such questions.

‘’you think you are winning right?. I have nothing to say to you now’’ I breathed angrily. She scoffed.

‘’of course what’s there to say huh?. You are going to spend the rest of your life in prison. That’s inevitable, or do you think little Jude will come to the rescue?’’ she asked, laughing softly. It was very obvious she was enjoying it all. I felt like smashing her head to the wall that moment.

‘’listen, Jude is nothing but a little rat to me. I can easily get rid of him whenever I want. I can even make him commit murder with the rage I just saw in him few minutes ago. I can make him spend the rest of his life with you in prison oh and what a happy company he will be for you’’ she threatened and laughed while I bit my lips furiously.

‘’With you guys out of the way, I will simply convert your things to my personal use and equally take back the house your little Jude got from me which of course was rightfully mine. No one will stop me or can you?’’ she opened up freely as if she wasn’t scared of anything. I just couldn’t say a word. Of course I knew she could do it all and yes, I had a hard time controlling my rage. I felt she was maybe trying to talk me into acting violently.

‘’mark my words, I will break free from jail and come after you. Even if I die in the process, I will be very satisfied’’ I threatened seriously, throwing her aback with my threat. She drew back and stared at me with a slightly frightened look. It was obvious she bought my threat even though she quickly covered it up by smiling.

‘’you can’t win in this game Kelvin. You will be too preoccupied battling for your life to even remember dealing with me. Just focus on your pending court case my dear and yes I will pay for your lawyer. I have directed one of my lawyers to help you out but you should know that no lawyer can ever win this kind of case. If I were you, I will simply plead guilty and get a small sentence. I have to go now. I hope you have enough money on you?, because I won’t stress myself coming here to provide food or anything for you. You are now on your own and I have a big task of converting your things to mine’’ she said and stood up.

‘’you don’t have right to any of my things. You are not legally my wife or next of kin. You can’t touch anything’’ I screamed like a drowning man. She laughed softly.

‘’you should worry about Emmanuella’s life first. I heard she’s battling with her life but unfortunately she isn’t going to make it. Worry about that my dear’’ she breathed and walked away while I shook with great fury as all she told me played back in my head.

I couldn’t believe she threatened to make my cousin Jude commit murder. I couldn’t believe she had the power to convert all my things to hers. My blood pressure was so high. It was as if I was going to have a heart attack as I collapsed on the chair with tears in my eyes.
My parents were yet to hear of my present condition and just the thought of it equally pained me greatly.

Jessica was a devil in sheep’s clothing and It seemed i was the only one capable of stopping her, but how do I achieve it?. How do I get out of jail?. How do I set things right?. Moreover Emmanuella’s life was still in danger with Jessica free out there.

I had no time to think more, because three policemen showed up at the room that moment and dragged me to the cell to await my fate.

Episode 40

Jude’s side of story continues

I really can’t fully describe how I felt the moment I heard Jessica’s voice disrupting the serious conversation I was having with Kelvin. I felt cold, angry and nervous at the same time. I had the urge to attack her right there but just couldn’t.
It really was with great strength that I managed to control my feelings, pick up myself and leave the room without exchanging words with her. But then as I walked away I felt like a coward. I kind of felt ashamed of myself for being unable to confront her like a man. In fact my head kept coming up with different ideas and excuses as I made my way to Cynthia’s house that very morning.

Convincing Cynthia to help out in my cousin’s case was another difficult task I was clueless on how to pull through. Of course Kelvin badly needed her help and it was my duty to make it possible without even having the slightest idea on how to make it happen. The only thing I relied on that very moment was luck. I knew Cynthia had a good heart but then Kelvin really wronged her greatly and she had every right to refuse helping out.
Lastly Emmanuell’s case was another difficult task I knew not how to follow. I equally had to check her up to know the condition of her health and also find a way to watch over her in case Jessica tries to make another move on her life. I really needed help badly.

————————–
Cynthia’s house

‘’hello please is Cynthia around?’’ I politely asked the young lady who answered Cynthia’s door. She stared at me curiously, hesitating to give an answer.

‘’my name is Jude, I’m Kelvin’s cousin. Just tell her, she will understand’’ I added convincingly with a smile. The young lady breathed deeply and shrugged.

‘’very well then, just wait here. I will be back shortly’’ she muttered, left the door and headed back into the house. She returned a minute later and ushered me into the sitting room where Cynthia was waiting curiously with a smile.

‘’hmmmm Jude what brought you here?’’ she asked pleasantly. I smiled back at her as I settled down on a sofa.

‘’actually Kelvin sent me here. He is in trouble once again and we badly need your help. Anyway just keep calm and listen to the story I’m about to tell you’’ I quickly added as her smile turned into a quick frown.
Fortunately she kept calm and listened to all I had to tell her. I hid nothing as I narrated everything the way Kelvin did. She patiently listened until I was done.

‘’I’m really sorry over the death of your dad and how he was coldly murdered but how does this concern me?. What can I do for you guys?’’ she asked swiftly.

‘’Kelvin is all alone right now. He needs you. His parents are not yet aware of his present predicament. You can also help talk to some of your police friends and make them view the case from our angle. Emamnuella is still battling for her life and she is very vulnerable at the hospital. Anything can happen to her there. Just forget the past and visit Kelvin at the police station. I believe he has a lot to tell you. Don’t just let your feelings cloud your good sense of judgment. Don’t let Jessica win over everything. Remember what she did to you’’ I breathed convincingly while she kept quiet for a while as she battled with her feelings.

‘’alright I will have to think over it and see what I can do to help. I will get back to you soonest’’ she finally assured me, leaving a smile of satisfaction on my face as I stood up to leave.

‘’don’t tell me you are leaving without even eating anything?. Don’t make me angry, you have to eat something’’ she pressed playfully while I shrugged and sat down once again. Of course I was very hungry.

————————
later in the day, Jude’s hostel

As I headed to my room around 1:57pm after a very busy morning, everything Kelvin told me hours ago slowly played back in my head, especially the story of how my father was killed. It was just as if I witnessed the whole scene as it played out that fateful night.
Once again I felt like a coward for walking away from Jessica at the police station instead of confronting her. I just felt as if I had failed my father over again. Tears quickly formed in my eyes as I made my way to the staircase with my head bent to hide my eyes but unfortunately I collided with someone who was heading out.

‘’ouch please try to look when walking?’’ I heard Tracy scream as my shoulder hit her. I nervously threw a quick look at her, apologizing quickly while she surprisingly stared at my eyes with a look of concern as she noticed the tears in them.

‘’I’m so sorry, I wasn’t looking. Hope you weren’t badly hurt?’’ I stammered, quickly looking away to avoid her gaze. She hesitantly stood as if she wanted to ask me something but couldn’t while I bravely tried to move on.

‘’wait’’ I suddenly heard her breathe, stopping me with her words as she took a step towards me with great concern. I turned and stared back at her, wondering the reason asked me to wait. Our eyes met once again as I trembled deep inside. I felt something I had never felt in a long while.

‘’why are you in tears by this time of the day?. It’s so weird. What happened?’’ she asked with great concern as if she forgot we really weren’t in good terms.

‘’I just found out how my dad was killed. My cousin told me everything this morning. Jessica coldly killed my father’’ I painfully breathed as more tears showed up in my eyes. I couldn’t help but notice how colored up she instantly became.

‘’you should be strong Jude’’ she softly breathed after a little silence, drew closer and threw herself on me, surprising me with a hug that gave me much hope.

She hugged me tightly, saying many unspoken words with it.

I couldn’t believe she actually hugged me. I couldn’t help but feel the power of true love.

(Love song plays in the background Lol J )

Episode 41

Cynthia’s side of the story

As soon as Jude left my house that fateful Friday morning, I went into my bedroom to cry out my heart. Of course I had no justification crying for a guy who ripped out my heart and threw away without sympathy. I had no reason to feel anything for him but regrettably I still did. I still had feelings for him, something I just didn’t know how to stop. Kelvin definitely deserved all that was happening to him. He deserved to rot in jail for the rest of his life but then he never deserved suffering the heat all alone without his partner in crime.

Kelvin and I were really so happy together. I had this great imagination of our future. I sacrificed a lot for him, I obeyed him as if he was my God, I served him with everything I got, I allowed him to rule over me. I offered my body to him in a platter but what did I get in the end?. He dumped me with the first chance he got with the excuse that I wasn’t sophisticated. He felt I was no match for Jessica in everything. Perhaps he was right but he destroyed my happy life with that decision. I was pregnant and expectant of a wonderful future but what did I get?, I found myself dumped out in a cold night, I found myself lying in a refuse dump, under a heavy rain.
Hmmmmmm, that was a very terrible experience. I slowly closed my eyes as the memory of that fateful evening played back in my head.

‘’ That fateful day, Jessica invited me to her apartment for us to settle things amicably and as a naive young woman; I believed her, not knowing that she had other plans for me. She attacked me in her house, in Kelvin’s presence and the d–n idiot couldn’t do a thing to help me out. She easily knocked me out and left me for dead in a refuse dump. I woke up that night not knowing where I was or what was happening for about thirty minutes. The stench of the whole place, the heavy downpour and the blood I lost all made it terrible for me. I finally managed to get up and luckily ran into a group of policemen at a roadblock. The policemen of course thought at first that I was a mad woman as I made my way to their van. And that was how I survived. I was taken to the hospital and my family contacted. Unfortunately I lost my pregnancy and it was a very nasty experience. My god mother, a lady of questionable character finally had to offer her help once again and this time around I accepted her help because I had nothing more to lose. Within few weeks I found myself in Italy. I stayed with her for a couple of months before returning to the country to run her hotel. That was how I survived Kelvin and Jessica but the painful part of it all was that I was unable to forget Kelvin no matter how hard I tried. I equally tried to take down the bi.tch called Jessica but she proved too powerful for me and I had no choice than to back down and wait for the right opportunity’’.

‘’should I now help Kelvin or leave him to his fate?’’ I wondered over and over as more tears dropped from my eyes. Even though my relationship with him ended a long time ago, I still felt as if part of him was still inside me. Perhaps it was because of the pregnancy I lost or something else but only ladies that had passed through something similar would understand exactly how I felt.

—————————————

Jude’s side of the story continues

‘’trey’’ I breathed as we hugged strongly but unfortunately it was as if my voice brought her back to her senses, she quickly pulled away from me, breathing deeply.

‘’that’s it Jude. Please don’t start having silly ideas’’ she stammered, trying hard to appear cold. I quickly and courageously grabbed her right hand, drew her to my side once again, held her head strongly and kissed her quickly. She struggled, broke away from me and lashed out a quick slap on my face.

‘’don’t you ever dare try that again. Imagine I was even feeling sympathy for you but a guy will always be a guy. Look at you, how quickly you switched your emotions to kiss me’’ she fired angrily.

‘’I’m sorry trey but you still got to listen to me. We shouldn’t continue like this’’ I stammered. She rolled her eyes and backed me without making an effort to walk away.

‘’let’s go to your room and talk please. Just give me a listening ear this once and if when I’m done you still feel that you don’t want me back, I will never disturb you again’’ I begged strongly. She turned, searched me with her eyes for some seconds before shrugging.

‘’very well then, but I assure you that nothing will ever change my mind to take you back. Anyway I won’t die if I listen to you this once since you already promised to let me be afterwards’’ she added with a smile while I swallowed hard as I quickly tried to crack up some things in my head because I really wasn’t prepared for her that moment and it was an opportunity I wasn’t supposed to flop on.

‘’Oh dear me’’ I breathed as we headed to her room together.

Episode 42

Jude’s side of the story continues@tracy’s room

‘’first of all tell me, how did you find out the real truth about your dad’s death?’’ Tracy curiously asked as soon as we settled down in her room. I shrugged.

‘’do you really want to know?’’ I asked with a forced smile while she nodded quickly. I breathed deeply, before slowly telling her the whole story the way Kelvin narrated to me. She listened with great interest.

‘’hmmmm that lady is really something else and I have this feeling you are next in her list’’ she slowly breathed when I was done. I stared at her with surprise, wondering why she made such a comment.

‘’yes nau, don’t look at me that way, okay just figure this out. You showed up with your lawyer and she gave back the house without any fight, strangely your lawyer got kidnapped the very next day and when he finally got his freedom after paying a huge ransom, what did he do?, he travelled out of the country with the other lawyer, leaving you on your own for the meantime. Isn’t it a bit suspicious?’’ she asked. I shrugged.

‘’okay let’s continue, your cousin Kelvin somehow discovered the truth and ends up in police cell. What now will stop her from making a new move on you?, or do you think she will just let you go?. My dear to catch a criminal, you have to think like a criminal. I believe she gave up the house easily, either to cover something up or to take you unawares, so you got to be very careful this time’’ she summarized quickly while I smiled in admiration. Yes her reason was quite revealing but awkward at the same time. I felt Jessica had no reason to risk everything in coming after me. I felt she was just a drowning woman desperately trying to get away with her crimes and so the last thing she would do was to make new plans for me. Nevertheless I still appreciated Tracy’s advice which showed that she still was very much concerned in my well being.

‘’you see that’s the more reason I strongly want to make up with you. I want you back in my life. With a lady like you by my side, I won’t have anything to fear. I really don’t know what Pamela told you about us but believe me you are the woman I want to be with for the rest of my life’’ I pressured strongly. Tracy closed her eyes while I stared at her hopefully.
She soon opened her eyes and breathed deeply.

‘’listen Jude I don’t want to continue fighting with you but just know that I will never accept you back in my life. I deserve the best. I deserve the best for my life, for my future. I can’t come back to you out of sympathy or what I feel because in few years, whatever we feel for each other may disappear and we could end up regretting things. You have already started a family with another lady, the best you could do for her and the child is to be with them. Every child deserves the best and I won’t be happy standing in the path of the child’s happiness. I have a new guy and even though I’m not yet in love with him, I will make it work. So please forget about me and stop haunting my conscience’’ she suddenly begged, spoiling my mood with those painful but truthful words.

‘’but you promised to listen to my own side of the story’’ I protested.

‘’what’s there to say Jude?. Another lie huh?. Come on you can’t deny that another lady is pregnant for you and that’s the root of my decision and not that you cheated on me’’ she pushed on, leaving me totally demoralized. I just didn’t know what to say next.

‘’how about a kiss please’’ I heard myself beg. She smiled faintly.

‘’a kiss will make you happy?, very well then’’ she breathed, drew forward and kissed me softly but strangely the kiss had no emotion, no passion, no current. It was just so cold and lifeless.

‘’let’s make this work please’’ I breathed faintly.

—————————————-

Kelvin’s side of the story
By 3:30pm, I was brought out of the cell to meet my visitor who turned out to be Cynthia. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I wasn’t expecting to see her that day or even the next. Her action just showed me the kind of lady she truly was. For a moment I couldn’t find my voice to talk.

‘’just look at you Kelvin. Look at the life you happily chose for yourself. Your cousin did a pretty good job of convincing me to come here. So here I’m’’ she breathed softly as her eyes ran over me.

‘’you got to help me please. I don’t know if I will ever leave this place but don’t let Jessica get away with this. The only witness I have is now battling with her life at federal medical center. Please try and convince the police to watch over her and also find a way to inform my dad of my current situation. Jessica threatened to take my properties. The things we labored over the years for. Please help me’’ I begged solemnly. Of course I was ashamed of my present condition but had no choice than to live with it.

‘’so you now know that we labored together but back then you never appreciated me. You used me as your s-x object and tossed me without any sympathy. Why should I now help you?’’ she asked softly as tears slowly formed in her eyes.

‘’after all you did to me, I can’t imagine, I’m still crying for you. I will help. Let God just be the judge’’ she breathed solemnly while I heaved a sigh of relief.

To be continued
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Messages In This Thread
RE: Season 2 Shades of Lust Episode 25-55 - by Edoman - 12-21-2018, 07:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chidinma – New Season Alhani 0 597 07-22-2021, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Alhani
  Famine looms as farmers fear bandits, herdsmen, others ahead of rainy season Edoman 0 515 02-26-2021, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Insecurity: We wish to see farmers return to farm before rainy season – Lawan Edoman 0 477 02-23-2021, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  season, in favor of Lucas and Ware Womens Dusti elaine95 0 846 01-22-2020, 09:25 AM
Last Post: elaine95
  season. But Steelers RB James Con elaine95 0 803 01-10-2020, 08:20 AM
  they would have paid him to not play for the last month of the 2018 season. By signin elaine95 0 891 12-20-2019, 08:32 AM
  season games, which the Giants split.This elaine95 0 870 12-20-2019, 04:20 AM
  ground. Hill’s single-season receiving yard elaine95 0 865 12-09-2019, 08:33 AM