The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning Devotional For Thursday 15th November
Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional

STAY IN THE TRUTH

Thursday, November 15th

Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip (Hebrews 2:1).

When you read our opening verse in some newer translations, it seems to suggest that it’s referring to us slipping off what we’ve learnt or have been taught. For example, the NIV says, “We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.” Whereas, the King James Version seems to be saying we shouldn’t allow what we’ve learnt, or the truth, to slip away from us.

However, whether it’s you allowing the truth to slip away from you, or you’re the one drifting away from the truth, the point is, losing what you’ve learned or have been taught. If it left you, or you left it, the result will be the same. You’re supposed to be together or be one with the truth; what you’ve learnt shouldn’t leave you, and you shouldn’t drift away from it either.
2 Corinthians 13:5 says, “Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves….” In your life, are you following the direction that the Lord gave you, or are you drifting away? Are you doing the things He asked you to do? Look through the instructions you were given in the Word of God, or even in your local assembly, and be sure that you’re walking in the direction that the Lord gave you.

It’s important that you reflect on your life and be sure that you’re walking in sync with the Spirit; you’re following God’s plan for your life. It’s the ministry of the Holy Spirit, not only to teach you, but also to remind you of all He’s taught you. If you give Him your attention, He’ll guide you aright always; Jesus said He’ll guide you into all truth. Trust Him with your life, and He’ll lead and guide you in God’s perfect will for you.

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the words of inspiration and instructions you pass to my spirit by the Holy Ghost; I make full-proof of them, living the triumphant life you prearranged for me before the foundations of the world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Proverbs 4:20-21 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.

1 Timothy 1:18-19 This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare; 19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:

1 Timothy 4:15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
Hebrews 12:1-13 & Ezekiel 11-12

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
1 John 2:15-29 & Ezekiel 46
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 15TH NOVEMBER 2018

THEME: GLORY NOT IN SELF

MEMORISE:
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. Matthew 23:12

READ: Isaiah 14:12-17, Luke 18:10-13

Isaiah 14:12-17
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Luke 18:10-13
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

To glory in self is to exalt one's own worth above what it really is. It is the act of perceiving yourself as overly important. A person who glories in self is a person who thinks he stands on his own merits and by his own power. This is the reason why the father of lies, Satan, was cast down from heaven. Indeed, Satan is a classic example of someone who gloried in self. He exalted himself above what he really was, and he started to think of himself as better than everyone else, including God. Glorying in self has its roots in self-deception; it starts when a man deceives himself into thinking and believing in a false idea of himself.

Glorying in self might not be obvious at first. It is a very dangerous character flaw that sometimes creep in on children of God until it leads them to doom. What then are the signs that a person glories in self? One indicator is when you feel the need to parade in public what should and can be done in private. This was one of the issues Jesus had with the Pharisees. They would rather pray in public than pray behind closed doors, and when they fasted, they ensure that it showed on their faces, just so that everyone knew they were fasting. Even today, some people ensure that every good thing they do is done from the rooftops, so that people will see and praise them. In addition, people who glory in self tend to talk about themselves a lot. This is majorly because they feel the need to constantly list out their accomplishments and achievements. They are always quick to say "I" even when "we" is the approximate thing to say. People who glory in self honestly feel that they are better than everyone else.

Luke 18:10-13 shows a clear difference between a self-glorying person and a humble person. When humble people see themselves as needing God's grace and mercy, self-glorying people think that their actions are perfect enough to dignify them before God and man.

A self-glorying person will never get anything from God. Only a person who recognises his or her need for God's help and asks for it will get it. Glorying in self is very dangerous because at the end if the day, every single thing that the person thinks he or she has accomplished will be taken away, and shame, disappointment and humiliation will be the portion of such a fellow.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please remove every trace of self-glory in me.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ezekiel 5-7, Luke 22:14-38

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 10: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE

1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Saviour divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
TODAY Is WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 2018 DAY 14 OF ODM devotional booklet for Champions......

TOPIC: THE CHICAGO FIRE: THE MISTAKE OF NOT GOING ON!
( GENESIS 22:1-8; 2 CORINTHIANS 4:17-18).

Welcome to another encounter with He that calls the things that BE NOT as though THET ARE! Be reminded that the morning after the great Chicago fire, a group of merchants stood in State Street looking at the smoking remains of what had been their superstores. They had a meeting to decide if they would try to rebuild or leave Chicago and start over in a more promising section of the country. They reached a decision – all except one, to leave Chicago.
The merchant who decided to stay and rebuild, pointed a finger at the remains of his one vibrant store and said. “Gentlemen, on that very spot I will build the world’s greatest store, no matter how many times it may burn down.” That was a very long time ago. The store was built. It stands there today, a towering monument to the power of determination as was exhibited by Marshall Field.

God wants you to be determined even in the fire! No matter how 2018 has been, never complain or murmur even when some events that happened this year defy explanation. Hear what your grand-father (Abraham) said even when he was facing a big trial: “Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship and come again to you.” Note: COME AGAIN! Did he not come again to them?

Oh, BE POSITIVE! Say great things about your life, family, business, job, or ministry, even if all you see is delay, or defeat. Keep saying what you want to be and not what you are! Tell people by faith about your upcoming DECOARATION! Keep saying what you want to see! What you want to be is more permanent than what you are (2 Cor. 4:18)!

Blake said: “There is no mistake so great as the mistake of not going on.” Please keep seeing where you are going and God will never allow you to be ashamed

The 2019 ODM is out! In the storms of life, God uses ODM as LIFE’S PARACHUTE. Give out copies of the 2019 ODM to a soul/ family!

PRAYER POINTS: Read 2 Corinthians 4:18 & Isaiah 49:23.

1. Pray about the Word as it has affected you.

2. Repent from any past negative word you have spoken.

3. Put your hand on your chest and bless your life, family and ministry as much as you can. Use the prophetic Declaration page on page 135.

4. Begin now to say great things about that problem or negative event of your life. Refuse the lies of satan.

5. I shall never make the mistake of ORAH. She gave up! I determined to go on in Jesus name.

6. Pray generally as led about any other issue(s) now.

BY BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)
PUBLISHER/WRITER OF ODM AND

REV (MRS) FLORA E. KWAKPOVWE (FEK)
CO-PUBLISHER/WRITER OF ODM!!!!!!!!
*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY DR. PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

THURSDAY 15TH NOVEMBER,"2018

*THE DOMINION MANDATE OF THE BLESSING*

SCRIPTURE": And he divided himself against them by night,"he and his servants, and smote them, and pursued them unto Hobah,... And he brought back all the goods, and also brought back his brother Lot…. Genesis 14":15-16

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: When you are blessed,"you are empowered unto victory in battle.

Yesterday, we saw that being established in the Blessing is a non-negotiable requirement for existence in the realm of dominion and authority in life.
Today, we are going to see how the Blessing positions a person in the realms of authority and dominion.

Now, how does the Blessing position a person in the realm of authority and dominion?
1. The Blessing establishes a leadership mandate on the life of the blessed
The Blessing makes leaders out of ordinary people. It puts the blessed in command spiritually, financially, academically, etc. Beloved, whatever makes you blessed, puts you in front ahead of others.

2. The Blessing empowers the blessed for the conquest of resistance
When you are blessed, you are empowered unto victory in battle. In Genesis 14":13-16,"Abraham, the blessed, went into battle and destroyed the army of four nations. So, the Blessing is not gentle; it is a powerful force.
Beloved, you are not permitted to be blessed and end in defeat.

3. The Blessing empowers the blessed to rise to the top
No power on earth is strong enough to prevent the rise of the blessed; to be blessed is to rise in life.

Beloved, I decree the release of God’s Blessing on your life, in Jesus’ Name.

Remember this": When you are blessed,"you are empowered unto victory in battle.

ASSIGNMENTS":
1. Make demands on the Blessing of God upon your life.
2. Determine to exercise your dominion mandate as a blessed child of God.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING,"GET THIS MESSAGE": THE POWER OF THE BLESSING

PRAYER: Father,"by Your Blessing upon my life, I decree the termination of every resistance against my life and destiny. Nothing can prevent my fulfilment in life, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

DAILY BIBLE READING": Ezekiel 31:1 to 32:32,"Hebrews 12":14 to 29,"Psalm 113":1 to 114:8,"Proverbs 27":18 to 20

QUOTE: It takes a daring heart to experience a victorious life. Culled from RIDING THE STORMS OF LIFE by Dr Paul Enenche.

AMAZING FACT: If you cut off a snail’s eye,"it will grow a new one.

TODAY IN HISTORY": 15/11/1791 – The first U.S. Catholic college, Georgetown University, opens its doors
THE LIVING WATER

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Thursday, November 15, 2018

TOPIC: FAITH: A RISK

Read: Genesis 12:1-9

MEMORISE: So Abram departed as the LORD had spoken to him, and Lot went with him (Genesis 12:4a).

EXPOSITION

Our model in faith in the Old Testament, father Abraham, was instructed to leave the known (Ur of Chaldean) for the unknown (Canaan). Was that safe? No, it was a risk. He embarked on what we can call a journey of ‘no return,’ but God is faithful to His Word. Abraham did obey and this earned him righteousness

In the New Testament, this time around, Jesus had just finished dishing out the divine bread to the teeming crowd. Even the disciples would wish the crowd away to find food for themselves, but Christ told them to fend for the crowd (Matt. 14:16). They had nothing to bank on save for five loaves of bread and two pieces of fish! Imagine Jesus telling them to give that mammoth crowd what to eat when He knew they had nothing! Was that a safe situation?

Nobody wins the battle by always wanting to play safe. You should forget about wealth, if you are unready to weather the storms of challenges. Faith is simply a risk, which is a worthwhile one. You put yourself at greater risk, should you refuse to take a worthwhile risk with faith in our Lord Jesus Christ! Faith is acting upon the WORD of God without any consideration for what is realistic, logical or reasonable (Lk. 5:5). Act on His word and you get the incredible. Stay blessed in Jesus Name.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord, give me the needed faith and obedience to follow You closely all the days of my life.

2. Lord, make me a positive risk-taker for You and Your purpose and programme.

3. Lord, help Your Church in the land to take the necessary risks for the advancement of the gospel in the land.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Lamentations 3
Author: CAC WORLDWIDE

Remain Blessed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM