The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning Devotional For Thursday 8th November
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

THURSDAY, 8TH NOVEMBER.

ACTING YOUR FAITH.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life (John 6:47).

Sometimes, people confuse faith with believing. Both concepts are actually related, and they work together, but they’re not the same. Faith is translated from the Greek word “pistis,” which is a noun, while believe, on the other hand, is “pisteuo,” a verb which means to demonstrate your faith, to act your faith.

When you say you “believe,” it’s not passive but active; there’s action to it. “Believing” is a word of action; it’s actually “doing” your faith. So, when we say we’re “believers” in Jesus, it means we’re doers of the Word; we’re Word practitioners. That’s why the Bible says, “Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone” (James 2:17). Faith requires a corresponding action; you prove your faith by your actions; that’s believing.

The Apostle James explained the difference between faith without actions, and faith with actions. Faith without actions is dead, but faith with actions produces results. He says, “Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works” (James 2:18). What he explains here is the simple word “Believe.” If I say, “I believe in Jesus Christ,” it means I do my faith; whatever it is that I believe about Jesus is revealed in my actions; I’m talking it; I’m walking it. I’m acting it. Hallelujah!
Understanding the relationship between faith and believing is very important, because they’re fundamental to your possessing and enjoying other blessings of the Gospel. Believing is faith and corresponding action put together. You must act your faith as a believer in Jesus Christ. Your faith calls the unseen into manifestation. With your faith, you see and create the invisible and make impossible things possible. Praise God!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for the blessing of acting my faith on the basis of your Word, thereby enjoying all the blessings encapsulated in the Gospel. I make progress by the Word today, confident in its ability to put me over and cause me to excel in all I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

James 2:21-24 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things [are] possible to him that believeth.

1-Year Bible Reading Plan
Hebrews 8 & Jeremiah 52

2-Year Bible Reading Plan
1 Peter 5:1-14 & Ezekiel 39
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY DR. PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

THURSDAY 8TH NOVEMBER, 2018

*GOD'S BLESSING - THE FOUNDATION FOR GLORIOUS FEATS IN LIFE*

SCRIPTURE: In the beginning God created the Heaven and the earth. So God created man in his own image, ...And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion…. Genesis 1:1,27,28

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The Blessing of God is more crucial than money for the beginning of anything.

Previously, we saw that the Blessing of God is one of the most powerful forces on earth. The Blessing is also the curse-proof, struggle-proof garment that God Himself put on a person. It is something God decorates a person with in order to exclude him/her from the realm of curses, limitations and struggles.

Now, let’s look at one of the benefits of the power of the Blessing:
The Blessing imparts the supernatural force for the commencement of a new beginning.
The Blessing is more crucial than money for the beginning of anything. In Scripture, we understand that whenever anything new was about to be inaugurated, God started it with the Blessing. At creation, God did not give Adam money or certificate but the Blessing. So, you can begin a new home, business, or ministry with the Blessing and it cannot fail.
Now, I would like you to take note of the following:

1. The Blessing is needed for victory over stagnation or inertia
It is the Blessing that makes a person overcome what is holding others back.

2. The Blessing is the force behind every supernatural success story
To be blessed is to be successful.

3. The Blessing is the factor for doing what others have not done before and doing it excellently
Beloved, make up your mind to be blessed by God no matter what it would cost you.

Remember this: The Blessing is more crucial than money for the beginning of anything.

ASSIGNMENTS:
1. Make demands on God’s Blessing upon anything you are doing or intend to do.
2. Determine to follow the Will of God always.
3. Be involved in covenant practices like tithing, giving to the poor, the less privileged and for Kingdom advancement.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: THE POWER OF THE BLESSING

PRAYER: O Lord, I cannot succeed in life without You. Please release Your Blessing upon me and upon all I do, in Jesus’ Name.

DAILY BIBLE READING: Ezekiel 18:1 to 19:14, Hebrew 9:1 to 10, Psalm 106:32 to 48, Proverbs 27:10

QUOTE: Nobody who believes in God ever ends in shame. Shame is never the portion of men and women who pursue God. Culled REASON FOR LIVING by Dr Paul Enenche.

AMAZING FACT: A tarantula spider can survive for more than two years without food.

TODAY IN HISTORY: 08/11/1889 – Montana is admitted as the 41st U.S. state.
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: THURSDAY 8TH NOVEMBER 2018

THEME: KEEP YOUR DREAMS ALIVE

MEMORISE:
I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14

READ: Habakkuk 2:1-3

1 I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.

2 And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.

3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

Every child of God is created to be great. Jesus, the forerunner of our faith and who our life is modeled after, was Himself great. Angel Gabriel spoke these prophetic words about Him in Luke 1:32:
“He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:”

Although, you might not feel like you are a great person in your present condition, do not lose sight of who you are. Irrespective of your current condition, God has promised to bring you to an expected end (Jeremiah 29:11). In other words, He will bring you to a place you have always dreamed of getting to. For this reason, you need to have a dream of what you want your future to look like. You must have dreams, ambitions, hopes and desire to do great things. The good news is that if your dreams are from God, they will surely come to pass if you don't give up on them.

How does a dream possess a man's heart? The seeds of dreams are planted in a man's heart by God Himself. Your dream must be given to you by God for it to stand the test of time. God is the Alpha and Omega who sees the end of a thing from its beginning. He knows your future, and He knows what your capabilities are. If anyone can give you a dream that will come to pass, it is your heavenly Father. Joseph's dreams were given to him by God, and they came to pass despite all the opposing circumstances he went through (Genesis 39-41). To receive a dream from God, let your mind be flooded with holy and righteous thoughts, so that it becomes very easy to hear and see what God has in store for you (Philippians 4:8). You also have to fertilize and water your dreams by being persistent in prayers for their fulfillment. Furthermore, you have to work hard for your dreams to come to pass. Joseph was never idle. When he was in Potiphar's house, he was so hard working that his master left the affairs of his entire household in his hands. Even when he was in prison, he maintained a good relationship with the other inmates and was known for interpreting dreams accurately. You can't be idle and expect your dreams to come to pass. If you expect that somehow your dreams will come to pass by prayers only, you are just joking. You have to work hard at it. Even if what you find yourself doing right now seems not to have any relevance to the attainment of your dreams, still do it diligently. Peter was a diligent fisherman, doing his job when he was linked to the fulfillment of his destiny (Matthew 4:18-19). Finally, you have to wait for your dreams to come true. No matter the situation, you are never to lose sight of the fact that your dreams will come to pass. Even when it seems like everything is working against the fulfillment of your dreams, hold on to that vision, for it will come to pass.

ACTION POINT:
Keep your dreams alive at all cost, and in due season they will become reality.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 50
Luke 18:18-43

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 10: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE

1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Saviour divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
*CAC LIVING WATER DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* Thursday, November 8, 2018

*Topic:* FAITH AND THE GIFT OF GOD
*Read:* 2 Timothy 1:1-18

*MEMORISE:* _When I call remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also. Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands_ *(2 Timothy 1:5-6)*.

*EXPOSITION*
Before the gift of God in verse 6, Paul spoke about Timothy’s genuine faith in verse 5. These two verses remind us of Paul’s first letter to Timothy where he reminded his mentee that the aim of his charge as a pastor is love that issues from a pure heart, good conscience and sincere faith *(1 Timothy 1:5)*.

To Paul, having a sincere faith is foundational to the outworking of the gift of God. Indeed, the Apostles said that it is for this reason that Timothy ought to fan into flame the gift of God (NIV) which is in him through Paul’s laying of hands. What is this “gift”? The subsequent verses imply it as the grace to courageously speak forth God’s Word for the salvation of souls. Paul seems to be telling Timothy: “Get your relationship with God straightened out first; grow your faith by staying close to God, then allow that to direct and enhance the gifting that God has deposited in you.” Indeed, *Hebrews 11* reminds us that without faith (and even if with abundance of talents and gifts), we cannot please God.

Sometimes, it seems that the Christian community has gotten Paul’s exhortationl upside down. We place a higher premium on “gift” than “faith”; especially when it comes to appointing people to serve in various areas of ministry. We become easily excited by the many gifts that a person expresses, rather than the faith that he or she possesses in relationship with Christ, our Lord. We take the easy way out because it is easier to have someone to do the work of ministry than to walk with this person closely, prior to, or in parallel to the work of ministry.

While the work of ministry can help in the growth of faith, we need to take into account what comes first or that which is more foundational - genuine faith in Christ Jesus. Such a ministry philosophy will help the Church save a lot of heartaches and disunity in the future and will also help the one who is called to serve, to go in the right direction.

*PRAYER POINTS*
*1.* Lord, may You forgive us for turning Your priorities upside down. Help us to be people who risk all to serve in accordance with Your Word.
*2.* Lord, help me to pay attention to my walk with You than getting carried away with work that don’t profit You.
*3.* Lord, let Your face shine on Nigeria; show us unusual mercy.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* Jeremiah 39-41.

*Author:* CAC WORLDWIDE
*Note:* _The Complete Devotional is available for download on the app stores_

Remain Blessed!
*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_
*DATE: THURSDAY 8TH NOVEMBER, 2018*

*TOPIC: HE WAS DISGRACED: INTEGRITY PAYS!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: PROVERBS 20:19-28*

Some years ago, one of the world’s top scientists resigned in disgrace after being accused of faking controversial cloning experiments. South Korean Dr. Woo-Suk Hwang, whose “cloned” Afghanistan breed puppy was name: *TIME MAGAZINE’S INVENTION OF THE YEAR,* later faced various lawsuits and a ban. He had raised hopes of using stem cells to cure diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and diabetes. His team was also credited with producing the first cloned human embryo. But in December 2005, a panel of experts in Seoul National University said Dr. Hwang had faked results of electronically manipulated photographs to make his results appear genuine.

Dr Hwang was so highly regarded that he won $23,000,000.00 in various grants for his work. He was named, “Technology-mad South Korean’s Top Scientist.” His last words were: “I sincerely apologize for creating a shock and disappointment. With apologetic heart, I *step down* as professor.” Oh, note the words *“step down.”* Did you get that? *A life of lies or a “DOUBLE LIFESTYLE” demotes (STEPS YOU DOWN) at last even if nobody is seeing you now!* God is talking to you today about integrity, truth, transparency and sincerity. *Do the right thing even when no one is looking. It is called INTEGRITY!*

As 2018 ends, you cannot experience mercy without truth! If there is any area of your life where there are shady deals or secret sins, use today’s devotional to clean up before they *step you down!* Refuse that demotion which satan has planned for you! You can’t fool everyone always! Judge yourself and repent today. Plautus said, *“He means well is useless unless he does well.”* Hear Philip Brooks: *“Be such a man and live such a life that if every man were such as you, the world would be God’s paradise.”* Clean up or you will step down!

_ODM is interdenominational! If you need counselling or need a deliverance check up, see your pastor or be at the Manna Mountain this Sunday, 8am (OGUDU, Lagos), 10:30am (Lekki, Lagos). Port Harcourt is 8am. See page 52 for VENUE addresses.)_

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take any song of consecration.

1. Pray about today’s word as led now.
2. Repent from any secret lie or double lifestyle of sin!
3. Cancel every satanic plan to demote or step you down through secret sins, hypocrisy, falsehood or a double lifestyle. Pray any other prayer(s) as led.
4. *Sin will not be my ROADBLOCK in Jesus name.*
5. Pray about today seriously as led now. See page 7 for the devotional prayers.
6. *Sow the 2019 ODM/WAR AGAINST HAMAN booklets into other lives as Christmas/New Year Gift items.*

To get Our Daily Manna Devotional Update Everyday, please like and follow the page below:
https://www.facebook.com/ODMBooks/
*BY BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/WRITER OF ODM_

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 25th August Edoman 2 4,582 08-25-2021, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Daily Devotional for Tuesday 24th August Edoman 2 4,506 08-24-2021, 07:23 AM
  Daily Devotional for Monday 23rd August Edoman 1 2,640 08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
  Daily Devotional for Sunday 22nd August Edoman 2 1,238 08-22-2021, 09:32 AM
  Daily Devotional for Saturday 21st August Edoman 2 1,250 08-21-2021, 07:44 AM
  Daily Devotional for Friday 20th August Edoman 2 1,422 08-20-2021, 07:15 AM
  Daily Devotional for Thursday 19th August Edoman 2 1,357 08-19-2021, 07:09 AM
  Daily Devotional for Wednesday 18th August Edoman 2 1,414 08-18-2021, 08:44 AM