The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 31-40
THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 31-40

XANDRA: good morning, sir

MANAGER: Morning, doctor Xandra. How are you?

XANDRA: I’m fine, thanks. Just wanted to ask if you could please approve my annual leave.

MANAGER: from when are you looking at?

XANDRA: from the 20th, sir

MANAGER: Really tight this time. We are so short staffed this time. Could I ask you to move it to the first week of March, if you don’t mind?

XANDRA: sir, I’ve already booked my flight ticket to London for the 22nd. Here it is (shows him her ticket)

MANAGER: ermmm, doctor Xandra. May I ask why you want to spend your leave in London?

XANDRA: that’s where I normally spend my annual leave, sir. Besides, I have the right to choose where I spend my holiday!

MANAGER: of course you do and I’ll approve your leave. You are entitled to it. Ermmm, be aware that I am aware of the conflict of interest between you and Madam Nnenna’s son.
I am also aware that she has been flown abroad. London to be precise and you gave them every supporting document for their visa application
That is all okay, but what is not okay, is for you to disclose any of your patient’s health history to a third party without the due consent of that very patient

Without decorating the sentence, the punishment for that is that you will lose your licence to practice. I’m sure you know this but I felt I should remind you just in case they are starting to escape from your memory.

XANDRA: There is nothing more than doctor patient relationship between us. I don’t know why people are assuming there is! My sister lives in London and it’s not the first time I travelling to London. I would appreciate it if I am not reminded of my professional ethics daily.
I committed it to memory five odd years ago!
This is driving sanity out of me!!

MANAGER: alright, Xandra I’ll approve your leave.

XANDRA: Thanks!

NINA: wow! I haven’t been here for a long time. Did you do some renovations?

CHARLOTTE: No, we only changed the curtains. What would you like to drink?

NINA: wine, please

CHARLOTTE: red or white?

NINA: red, please. So what’s up? Has Deric called to say they landed safely? I don’t even understand why he is spending that much money on a woman who is well into her seventies!

CHARLOTTE: my dear, Deric is tied to his mum’s apron strings. I think the midwives forgot to cut the umbilical cord between them at birth. You need to see how panicky he gets whenever he gets a call from that hospital.
He said they landed safe anyway.

NINA: So, how was he able to raise the bill?

CHARLOTTE: Hmmm! He went to a colleague of his who is now a politician and cried to him. He gave him up to six million naira for bill.

NINA: and you didn’t bother to get the politician’s number from him so that I’ll give him some living water ????

CHARLOTTE: hahahaha! You are wicked! How many people have you passed your living water to?

NINA: I’ve lost count, my dear. And I don’t feel bad about it. The one that made me a bit sad was this man I slept with two nights ago. He has such a lovely family but his wife just put to bed and I think she became more focused on the baby. He told me he feels pushed out. I told him I will make him feel pushed in??????

CHARLOTTE: hahaha! You are wicked!! How do you sleep at night!??

NINA: Like a baby?

CHARLOTTE: There is this man down our street that has been disturbing me for a long time now. We are going on a date tomorrow and guess where he is taking me? To a hotel!

NINA: make sure you get enough money off him and then bless his life with the living water???
So, does Deric have it now?

CHARLOTTE: hmmmm! Girlfriend! He doesn’t. I did my best. Twice we were nearly at it when he was called from the hospital and he ran off.
One night I spent the night with them at the hospital and When everyone slept and the ward was quiet, I tried my luck, dude took me outside and seriously warned me. Even accused me of not having any respect for his mum. He was right anyway!

NINA: You didn’t try hard enough! Meanwhile, I’ve got an interview on Monday in this nursery and primary school. Only kids whose parents are super duper rich attend it.
Can’t wait to grab myself a sugar daddy??? more wine, please!??

NURSERY TEACHER: I am Tatiana’s teacher and I heard what happened and decided to come and sympathise with you. Please sir, accept my deepest condolences

MR AMBROSE: thank you, my dear. Please have a seat.

NURSERY TEACHER: I learnt she passed away giving birth

MR AMBROSE: not really. She was ran over by a car. The baby luckily survived but she couldn’t…??

NURSERY TEACHER: where are the kids?

MR AMBROSE: my mum took them. They’ll be with her while I run around for the funeral preparations . She passed away in Abuja so I go there once a week to see her body. We are looking at next week for the funeral

NURSERY TEACHER: awwww! I had thought I would see them to say goodbye to them because I’m leaving and another teacher is coming

MR AMBROSE: are you serious! Why??

NURSERY TEACHER: I’m getting married sir, and my husband to be wants me to move to portharcourt so he found me a job there

MR AMBROSE: oh! They’ll miss you. She doesn’t stop talking about you. Well, I wish you well in your marriage.
Always listen to and believe your spouse above any other person.
Don’t believe any rumours even with compelling evidence.
Shut the entire world out of your marriage.
God bless your new home.

NURSERY TEACHER: awwww! Thank you, sir. I will remember all you said and I pray you heal soon. I hope the new teacher they get treats them well.

MR AMBROSE: give me a minute please.(goes upstairs and writes a cheque in the sum of one hundred thousand naira)
Erm, if things were not this horrible for me, my entire family would have sent you off properly and attended your wedding.
Though I didn’t have much contact with you, my late wife, kids and their nanny spoke so highly of you. Please take this little token on behalf of my entire family. ?

NURSERY TEACHER: oh No, sir! You can’t do this! Not this time around. Madam was such a down to earth woman. She would wait for me to get done so she’ll drop me home. This necklace I have on me was given to me by her for a birthday present last year. She was an angel. May her soul rest in peace.

MR AMBROSE: Amen. Please take this from me.

NURSERY TEACHER : (Takes the cheque ) thank
you, sir. God bless you abundantly. Thank you!?

To be continued

THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 32

MR AMBROSE:???? hello, Judith. I’m five minutes away from your house. If you could please wait for me at the gate so I don’t have to drive in.

JUDITH: please come in and have a cup of coffee before we go. I beg of you.

MR AMBROSE: I had one at the hotel before leaving. Sorry, I would come in some other day.
I need to go back to Abuja this morning. My mum called to say that Tatiana has been unwell and having nightmares….

(When Ambrose got the the gate, Judith was already waiting, so she got into the car and they made their way to the hospital where Chioma passed away)

MR AMBROSE: sorry, I couldn’t come in. I’ll do next time

JUDITH: sir, I nearly did not recognise You! I understand what you are going through but you really have lost weight drastically!

MR AMBROSE: (smiles) I wish I lost weight and not Chioma. There’s never a night that she isn’t in my dreams being the normal her with me. And when I wake up and realise it was all a dream, reality disgusts me!
If not for these poor kids she left behind, I would have done the needful and bring it all to a halt!

JUDITH: Please don’t even think it. Every time I’ve seen her in my dreams, she looks absolutely beautiful and happy.

MR AMBROSE: has she said anything to you in your dreams?

JUDITH: not really but each time I’ve seen her, she had a letter in her hand. The last time I saw her which was two nights ago, she told me she was going to the post office to post a letter.
I asked after her baby, she said you were looking after him.

MR AMBROSE: hmmmm! Must be the letter we are getting today then. Gosh! Can’t believe my wife can only be seen in dreams now! (Starts crying???)

JUDITH: please sir, take it easy and stay strong for your kids. How is the boy doing?

MR AMBROSE: doing very well. Such a strong little man full of smiles like Chioma

(They finally got to the hospital and asked to see the doctor who has the letters. The receptionist asked them to take a seat while she contacts him. After about seven minutes, the doctor came to the reception)

DOCTOR: I kept looking at you from the corridor and doubting it was You! What’s going on sir! You look a mess!

MR AMBROSE: good morning, doctor.

DOCTOR: I’m worried about you, sir. Are you eating and sleeping at all?

MR AMBROSE: sometimes…

DOCTOR: that is not good enough! You must look after yourself, sir. You really must! Aside getting really badly depressed, you may come down with anorexia if you carry on like this. You really don’t want that to happen.

MR AMBROSE: I’m doing my best. I’ll be fine. Well I hope.

JUDITH: good morning, doctor

DOCTOR: morning, Judy. Hope you are looking after yourself?

JUDITH: I’m doing my best, doctor

DOCTOR: perfect! Ermm, to the business of the day. I have to strictly stick to the rules of this very wish. We don’t and shouldn’t joke with someone’s death wish.
Mr Ambrose, your late wife instructed I read the letters to you and Chioma differently. They are two different letters anyway. So if you could please come with me. Judith, it will be your turn after him. Alright, guys?

MR AMBROSE: sure!

(Mr Ambrose followed the doctor into his office, sat down and he brought out the letter)

DOCTOR: once again, let me sympathise with you on the death of your wife. Please accept my condolences and may Chioma’s soul rest in peace.

MR AMBROSE: Amen. Thanks, doctor.

DOCTOR: here is the letter and I shall read it out for you and then hand it to you. Is that okay?

MR AMBROSE: sure.

THE LETTER
Dearly beloved husband, by the time you’ll
Be reading this letter, I will be flying with the
Angels but be sure I will be smiling at you
From heaven. I will be brief because I can
Feel life gradually going out of me. I am
Getting weak but my spirit is getting strong

I know you will realise that I never cheated on
You. I hope our son evidences that. I hope he is
The spitting image of you.
I gave Deric that money just to help him with
rent. Something you would have done for
anyone anyway.
I apologise for not telling you
You were so loving. The little problems we had
Never changed who you are to me
So dear husband, do not feel guilty at my death
You gave me a great life
But if you truly love me like you told me the night
I possibly got pregnant with Tatiana, please marry Judith my friend. Do not send Kate away
But make Judith the mother of my children.
I trust her more to look after my kids. This is
The only thing I want from you. Give me this last gift and let me rest in peace.

Stop the tears

It does no good

Stop the blames

You are blameless

Stop hurting

I hurt no more

Give me a very quiet and simple funeral
Please do not let the kids see my body
I want them to remember me with
My smiling face and not a likely
Ugly and scary face I might
Wear at death.
I love you my beloved husband.

MR AMBROSE: ???? I love you, Chioma. You have given me a very difficult task! I don’t know if I can do it??? why didn’t you stay and raise your own kids! God why!!!!!!!!!????? I don’t think i want to be married to any other woman! I have no love left to give to another woman! I can’t love again!!!!! I can’t????

DOCTOR: sir, your wife just told you not to cry for her anymore! Please respect her death wishes.

MR AMBROSE: can I have the letter, please. I shall laminate it and show it to the kids when they are old enough.

(The doctor gave him the letter and he went to the reception and Judith went into the doctor’s office)

DOCTOR: sit down please. Chioma left a letter for you and I am just going to read it out for you and then hand it over to you. Are you ready?

JUDITH: ???yes, doctor I am.

DOCTOR: well, you are not. You just started shedding tears! Do you want me to give you some time?

JUDITH: no doctor, I can’t ju….st he..l.p. it! She was such a lovely lady and my best friend and sister???

DOCTOR: I understand but she would like you to be strong.

JUDITH: I’m ready now, doctor. (Wipes the tears off her face)

DOCTOR: okay!

THE LETTER
Judy the girl!!!!
Now, wipe those tears. I know you
Will be crying your beautiful heart
Out. Come on! I am no longer in pain

Remember the story I told you about
a lady whose friend asked to marry
Her husband when she dies? Hahahaha!
It was all made up! But I just suddenly
Thought of my kids and what would
Happen to them in the event of death
Now, it looks like death has come for me
Darling, I am getting weak deep down.
Not sure I will survive this accident, but if
I do, we will laugh over this letter.
If I don’t, please treat as serious! Very serious

By the way, I forgive the man who knocked me down. If he shows up, just let him go. Do not prosecute him. Tell Ambrose

My last wish from you is that you marry my
Husband and be our children’s new mum
I know its difficult. You want your own new
Man with no kids. But Ambrose is very young
And kindhearted. He will look after you. He is a
Very loving husband. No young man out there
Will treat you better! I promise you
Don’t care what anyone says, do this for me

One more thing, Ambrose will not make the
First move, I am giving that job to you.
Get him to do it somehow. Ask him out!
Propose to him if possible. I know you
Are a church girl and won’t want to lure
Him to bed. Do It your way and make me happy.

Please do not wear black to my funeral and remind your new husband that I do not
Want a flamboyant funeral.

Just one thing, jazz music must be playing
When I’m being lowered.
I am resting in peace already. No need to tell me that.
The cry don do. You never cry enough? Abeg!
Love you so much my best friend and sister
Many many thanks!

(Mr Ambrose dropped Chioma to her house and none of them said a word to the other about the letters..)

To be continued

THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 33

NELLY: Judy,is everything okay? Still mourning your friend?

JUDITH: I’m okay.

Nelly: sure?

JUDITH: I’m just so confused, Nelly! My friend has asked me to do something incredibly difficult!

NELLY: and what is that?

JUDITH: She’s asked me to marry her husband and this is a man who never makes common eye contact with me. Hasn’t even stepped a foot into my house. The other time, I asked him to come have coffee he blatantly refused!
He has never picked up the phone to call me and when I do, he sounds as if he cannot wait to get rid of me from the line.
Worst of it all is that I recently started talking to this absolutely amazing man!

NELLY: well, how could you tell he is absolutely amazing if you just recently started talking to him. It is called beginner’s high!

JUDITH: hahaha! You always have a name for everything. Well, so far, he’s been great and a perfect gentleman. Never been married before, no baby mama, God fearing, tall and handsome, has a decent job. Just your perfect gentleman!

NELLY: They are all perfect at the start of the relationship. Then after a while, they bring out their true colours. Anyways, if your late friend told you that, I see it as an honour. She trusts you to uphold her home in her absence. Don’t betray her trust.
You can start by constantly calling the husband and you know, encouraging him. Go over to Abuja and spend the weekend with them.

JUDITH: I’ll be going tomorrow because my friend’s funeral is on Monday. After the funeral, I’ll spend a week before I come back

NELLY: great! And you can also use what your mama gave you to get him to be loyal. You know what I mean. There is power in the vagina to break every man!?

JUDITH: no way!! Heck no! That is so low. The lowest of the low! I will never do a thing like that. Common!

NELLY: well, just giving you different options nothing more. So don’t consume me like fire. Anyway, if you need any tips, I’m just a phone call away! Stop talking to Mr amazing and focus on this very man. Remember, the dead watch over us from heaven. Your friend is looking at you as we speak

Judith: oh gosh! You are really scaring me now!

NELLY: when are you going home?

Judith: I am waiting for my Uber.

NELLY: alright. I’m going now. Take care of yourself

(Whilst Judy waited for her cab to arrive, she decided to give Ambrose a quick call)

MR AMBROSE:??? hello, Judy, how are you?

JUDITH: Very well, thanks. Yourself?

MR AMBROSE: still alive

JUDITH: how are the children?

MR AMBROSE : well, I’ve brought back Shasha and Tatiana but I left Sampson with my mum. I don’t think Kate can look after all three.

JUDITH: that’s okay. Has Tatiana gone back to school?

MR AMBROSE: that’s actually what she was telling me before you called. She said she hates her new teacher and doesn’t want to go to school anymore. I asked if she would like me to register her in another school. She said she doesn’t want to leave her friends in her school.
I don’t know how I am expected to move all her hundreds of friends to her new school. The kind of dilemmas I do not like to get into! I used to leave it all to Chioma. Now, reality just dawned on me!!

JUDITH: oh bless her! Did she say exactly why she doesn’t like Her?

MR AMBROSE: from what I reckon, she is probably being too nice to her. Maybe trying to win their love and trust and overdoing it. Tatiana is very smart, she knows when you are trying to patronise her and she doesn’t like it.
She told me that the new lady keeps asking her how is your daddy, how is your mummy, do you want me to feed you your lunch, what car does your daddy drive. I mean I understand she is trying to be nice, but you don’t need to overdo it. Kids don’t like that. Judy, honestly, I am fed up!

JUDITH: hmmm! She’ll warm up to her. Kids are usually like that with strangers. Were you able to get the jazz music person?

MR AMBROSE: yes. Everything is ready except me. I am not ready to let Chioma go. Not ready to see her in a coffin, not ready to see her lowered in the grave. I am not ready!

JUDITH: you may never be ready. Just take each day as it comes. I just wanted to ask if it’s okay to come tomorrow?

MR AMBROSE: sure! Please do. I am going to pick up my mother in law this morning and my parents will be here tomorrow’s evening.

JUDITH: okay. See you tomorrow then

MR AMBROSE: please let me know your arrival time so I could ask my driver to pick you up from the airport

JUDITH: alright. I’ll let you know. Thank You, sir.

XANDRA: oh my God!!!! Look at you, Deric! You look like a Londoner already!!

DERIC: hahahaha! This is a very beautiful country just too cold! (Hugs her really tight and swung her around)

XANDRA: hahaha drop me! You make me feel like an airbag! Wow! London looks great on you! Where is mama!

DERIC: She’s inside the ward. I bet she cannot wait to see you! Keeps asking of you. When did you arrive?

XANDRA: 6.am this morning. A very smooth flight too! I have missed you!

DERIC: did you?

XANDRA: not really?

DERIC: (holds her back and comes right to her face) Now, swallow your pride, throw away your certificate and accept the truth, you missed Deric. Didn’t you?

XANDRA: hahahaha! Please go away! What’s there to miss about you? The nasty and rude attitudes? I did not miss Jack! Please take me to mama. My very good friend!.

(Deric held her hand as they walked to madam Nkechi’s hospital ward)

XANDRA: Wow! Mama!!

MADAM NKECHI: my darling!!!

XANDRA: (Hugs her) oh I am so happy to see you looking restored! What a difference!!

MADAM NKECHI: my daughter! These doctors are marvellous! The only person they cannot save is someone who has been earmarked to die!
They are spirits! They can explain your symptom to you like they are right inside your body! My daughter, I am so grateful to you and I have been praying for you daily. I can fight and defeat 10 men now

DERIC: ten male mannequins, you mean?

XANDRA: hahahaha! I’m so glad to hear that! How do you like the food?

MADAM NKECHI: my dear, that is one thing I don’t like. They serve us flower here o! Different colours of flower. Chai! Nothing beats a well cooked okazi soup!

XANDRA: hahahaha!!! Flower indeed! Those are vegetables mama, and they are actually good for you.??…

(Xandra spent about an hour at the hospital chatting with Deric and his mum. Then went out with Deric for lunch. They both went to a nearby Nandos and as they ate their perperi chicken and fries, Xandra decided to have some serious conversation with him????????????)

XANDRA: how do you like it here?

DERIC: i sincerely don’t even want to go back anymore

XANDRA: That is possible..

DERIC: how?

NELLY: my sister’s husband owns a company here. I can get him to employ you and you apply for a stay. With his help, you are likely to be granted a visa.

DERIC: This sounds good!

XANDRA: what about your wife? Won’t you miss her?

DERIC: I will of course but it’s for our benefit.

XANDRA: true. Can I ask you a question?

DERIC: go ahead.

Xandra: if your friend is going out with someone who has HIV, and you know it, would you let your friend know and lose your job or would you not tell him and keep your job?

DERIC: are you actually asking this question??? Why do we place material things above human life! Damn the stupid job! I’ll tell my friend the very minute I find out! What are friend for!

XANDRA: hmmm! A colleague of mine is currently in that situation and has asked for my opinion

DERIC: tell him to call his friend now and save a life…

To be continued

THE brideGLOOM. Episode 34

Late Chioma’s family has just returned from her funera, including her very saddened friend, Judith.
Mr Ambrose had locked himself up in his bedroom and has asked to be left alone.
Chioma’s mum had slept off on the sofa, because unknown to her, she was given sleeping tablets because she was crying uncontrollably even before the funeral service began.

Judith, Kate, Mr Ambrose’s parents and the kids were seated in the living room.
Red and swollen eyes beautified all their faces. Constant sniffing was the only sound that could be heard in the room.

All of a sudden, the deafening silence was broken by Tatiana’s poem. She just started reciting the poem she had earlier on recited at her mum’s funeral service.

TATIANA: fill not your heart with pain and
Sorrow
But remember me in every tomorrow

Remember the joy, the laughter,
The smiles, I’ve only gone to rest a
while

Although my leaving causes pain and
Grief
My going has eased my hurt and given
Me relief

So dry your eyes and remember me
Not as I am now, but as I used to be

I will remember you all and look on
With a smile

Understand in your hearts
I’ve only gone to rest a while

As long as I have the love of each of
you
I can live my life in the hearts of
all ofyou

JUDITH: Tatiana, you shouldn’t be reciting that poem Okay? Recite one of the ones you are taught in school

TATIANA: but I like this one (carries on reciting it)

(Mr Ambrose’s mum knows about the letters left by Chioma and is determined to help ensure that her death wish is fulfilled. So she thought it was a good avenue to get Ambrose and Judith talking)

GRANDMA: Judith, we may not be able to get her to stop reciting that poem, please go upstairs and tell her dad. He is the only one who can do it

JUDITH: but ma’am, he asked not to be disturbed

GRANDMA: not when his children are involved. Please go get him.

(Judith got upstairs and met mr Ambrose on the floor of his bedroom with Chioma’s framed picture crying his heart out…)

JUDITH: excuse me, sir

MR AMBROSE: I left a clear and simple instruction!!!??

JUDITH: I know but…

MR AMBROSE: please shut the door and leave me alone!

JUDITH: Tatiana is…

MR AMBROSE: (quickly gets up!) Is she Okay?

JUDITH: yes but she wouldn’t stop reciting the funeral poem

MR AMBROSE: My goodness! Okay, I’ll come down and see her. Thanks for letting me know

JUDITH: no problem (goes downstairs)

(Mr Ambrose quickly wiped his tears and hurried downstairs)

MR AMBROSE: mummy, you must stop reciting that poem. It is specially for your mum in heaven. You only recite it when someone goes to heaven Okay?

TATIANA: but mummy went to heaven today so I can recite it today

MR AMBROSE: not anymore. You recited it for her before those men took her to heaven and that’s enough

TATIANA: Okay, daddy but when is she coming back to see us?

MR AMBROSE: phewww!

GRANDMA: enough, Ambrose! No answering anymore questions. You don’t answer everything they ask. She will not stop asking questions

MR AMBROSE: but mum, I owe her answers

TATIANA: but why did they put so much sand on top of her?

MR AMBROSE: Jesus will remove all the sands and give her clean clothes and she will be clean and happy, Okay?

TATIANA: will Jesus give her a shower and food and chocolates?

MR AMBROSE: Jesus will give her everything she needs

GRANDMA: (loudly) oh Chioma!!! Chioma why!!!!????

MADAM NKECHI: (wakes up and starts crying loudly too. Kate joined, then Mr Ambrose joined. Shasha joined, Tatiana joined, Judith lost it and the entire place was filled with sounds and songs of sorrow and mourning

NINA: Charlotte, are you sure you want to go to Ghana with this man? I’m asking because I heard he is a ritualist o! Hmmmm!

CHARLOTTE: it’s all rumours, babe. I spent the weekend in his house. Such a humble man. With all his money he still knows how to treat a woman. He ran my bath, cooked me the best noodle soup I’ve heard in my life, massaged my feet until they felt like those of a baby. No girl! I’m hooked!
I don’t even remember Deric

NINA: what about his wife?

CHARLOTTE: she is late

NINA: any children?

CHARLOTTE: No. He said his wife passed away one month after they got married

NINA: sad. But if you love him that much, why did you infect him?

CHARLOTTE: He has the money so he can look after himself. Abeg don’t start! No be person give am to me!
By the way, did I tell you! Jaykob claims to be born again now. I went into his office after everyone had left yesterday and sat on his laps. Dude pushed me away saying he is now born again???

NINA: no wonder! I heard him inviting Amanda to their renewal of marriage vows.

CHARLOTTE: that had better be true?

NINA: God don save am. Anyway, how’s Deric and his mum? And when is he coming back? I really want him to get this virus because he pushed you into cheating.
If he was working as hard as other men out there, fulfilling his conjugal obligations, I don’t think you would have had anything to do with Mr Adrian

CHARLOTTE: He called me about two days ago asking what I think about him trying to get a job over there and then coming to bring me over as soon as he settles.

NINA: and what did you say?? don’t tell me you agreed

CHARLOTTE: I told him I will think about it. I was rushing anyway. I wanted him to get off the phone because I was at my old guy’s house ?

NINA: perfect! I’m glad you didn’t agree yet. Call him, tell him you miss him a lot and that you have been very lonely and Ill without him around. Tell him to come back and see you one more time before he starts any move towards residing there.
As soon as he comes back, baptise him and let him go back to London!

CHARLOTTE: girl, you bad!??I’ll call him today

NINA: no! Call him now! Once you go out with your man you’ll forget

CHARLOTTE: I don’t have enough airtime.

NINA: use my phone! Tell him you are so Ill so I came to see you and cook for you. Thunder fire am fire London!

XANDRA: Why do you look all gloomy!

DERIC: good morning, Xandra.

XANDRA: I’ve got good news for you!!!

DERIC: what good news??

XANDRA: my brother in law has agreed to assist you get a permit. He also promised to get mama a permit on the basis that you are her sole carer!

DERIC: I sincerely appreciate that and your efforts as well, but I’m going to be turning that down. I need to be home latest Friday. And that is the day by which I must be in Nigeria

XANDRA:  what happened, Deric?

DERIC: my wife is seriously ill and she has no one with her except her best friend.

XANDRA: did she stop taking her pills?

DERIC: what pills? My wife is not on any pills

XANDRA: oh no! Sorry, I was mistaking her for someone else?
What if we send her money so she could go to the hospital? Must you go??

DERIC: I must go, Xandra. See, because you haven’t been married before and I don’t mean to be rude , you probably do not understand the importance of emotional and physical support between couples. I need to go home and be with her!

XANDRA: ?oh! Okay. I need to take my leave now. Bye mama. ?‍️?‍️?‍️?‍️?‍️

MADAM NNENA: Deric! The way you spoke to her was very rude! Must you remind her that she needs to be married!

DERIC: she doesn’t need a reminder. She knows age is no longer on her side. I need to go see my wife.

MADAM NNENA: so rude!

DERIC: mama, stay out of this, please!

To be continued

THE brideGLOOM. Episode 35

MADAM NKECHI: Kate, please take the kids upstairs I want to have a word with Judy.

KATE: yes, ma’am. Tatiana, Shasha, let’s go up?‍?‍?

MADAM NKECHI: once again I want to say a very big thank you to you for how you treated my late daughter. Since her death, I’ve always had this hope that somehow, she would wake up and come back to me. But yesterday, that hope was buried together with Chioma. It has become real to me that I will never see my daughter again.

JUDITH : you will see her again on the resurrection morning.

MADAM NKECHI: so help me God. Erm, I called you Here for an important and somewhat sensitive issue. I know I probably shouldn’t be saying it. No mother should have to do this. It feels like betraying your own daughter and believe me, it is the hardest thing in the world. But fate has left me with no other option.
I’ll be leaving this evening.

JUDITH: oh really! Why so soon?

MADAM NKECHI: Yes, as soon as Ambrose comes back, he’ll take me home. I think I am finding it more difficult to mourn Chioma here the way I want.
I wouldn’t want the kids seeing me crying. I’m going to go back home and take my time to mourn my daughter.
Now to the main reason why I called you. I am aware of the letter my daughter left. Ermmm, she wants you to marry her husband.
Marriage is a thing of choice and nobody should be coarced or unduly influenced into it. But I want to tell you this, hoping it helps you make the right choice.
I am sure you know what transpired between Ambrose and Chioma before her death.
It is easy to judge Ambrose by that single act and being Chioma’s mum, people would expect me to see Ambrose as the devil’s advocate but he is not.
The situation that led to their separation which I’m sure you are aware of, came with very convincing evidence. Ninety percent of men would have reacted the same way Ambrose reacted or worse.
Before Chioma passed away, Ambrose was already searching for her and I made him go all the way to the United kingdom. Which I do not regret anyway.
Long story short, Ambrose is not a bad man. In fact, he is the best husband any woman can be married to and a doting father.
Should you decide to marry him, please do so without any fears. Of course he is not perfect, but I tell you, you would have gotten yourself a great man and future.
Please treat these kids as yours and whatever you decide to do, it shall be well with you in the morning, at noon and at night. As you were kind to the dead, In the same manner, may the Lord be gracious to you from this day onwards. Amen.

JUDITH: mama!!!?????? it’s hard. Very hard!???????

MADAM NKECHI: I know…(hugs her) it’s difficult. Wipe those tears okay? And remember, I am always here for you when you need me. I know you have no mum, but you can count on me for any motherly advice.
I will also do my best to come see the kids once in a while. I wouldn’t like to come often to allow you space to build your home. But you can always call me

MR AMBROSESadwalks in) what’s going on here? So you people tell me not to cry and when I leave the house, you get on with It, right?

MADAM NKECHI: no, we are fine. I’m ready to go now.

MR AMBROSE: Erm, Judy, I will be taking my mother in law home now and I will spend two days with her just so she is not very lonely. Not sure if you will be here before I come back. If not, thank you so much for all you did for my family and I.
We are so grateful and pray that the good Lord grants all your heart desires.

JUDITH: Amen.

MADAM NKECHI: no, she will be here until you come back. Who will look after the kids?

MR AMBROSE: no my dear, you don’t have to, if you don’t want to. My mum will be back tomorrow and Kate is here too. I don’t want you to get into trouble at your work place.

JUDITH: no, I won’t. They gave me one week off so I’ll stay more.

MR AMBROSE: alright then, see you when I come back. Mama, let’s go.

DERIC: Xandra, I just want to apologise for the way I spoke to you the other day. I am only a frustrated man. My beloved wife is dying at home. All of you must bear with me this time around. I’m really sorry and my mum sends her love to you.

XANDRA: it’s okay. Say hi to your mum when you get back to the hospital. So why did you ask me to come here?

DERIC:like I told you, I must go home to see my wife and i have been searching for the cheapest flight possible. I didn’t realise that Arik no longer flies. The cheapest flight right now is KLM and it is for seven hundred and fifty pounds.
I have four hundred and fifty pounds. So I was wondering if you can lend me another five hundred pounds.
I promise to pay you back as soon as possible.

XANDRA: Deric, I don’t have such amount of money, sorry.

DERIC: Alexandra! Please don’t do this to me! Please I know you have the money. Remember you told me about your UK savings account.
Please don’t let me be miserable or do something silly. If I do not see Charlotte by Friday, I’ll kill myself!
Please I have to. You have to do this for me if my life means anything to you.

XANDRA: hmmmm! Well, as you know, I cannot withdraw money from the cash point from my savings account. I’ll bring you the money tomorrow because banks have closed now.

DERIC: oh! Thank you, Xandra! You are a life saver! What would I have done without you!!! God bless you!

XANDRA: it’s okay. I’ll be on my way now

DERIC: do you want me to see you off to the station?

XANDRA: no. I’ll be alright. See you tomorrow?‍️?‍️

DERIC: thanks a lot. Bye bye.

To be continued

THE brideGLOOM. Episode 36

NINA: excuse me, sir! Hello! Excuse me! Excuse me, sir!!

MR AMBROSE: Yes?

NINA: erm, my name is Nina Donald; I am Tatiana’s new teacher. Nice to meet you?

MR AMBROSE: pleasure.

NINA: erm, I have some concerns about her. Lately she has been behaving really badly, throwing away her lunch, kicking other kids and being generally a brat

MR AMBROSE: hold it right there! Never you ever use such word on my daughter! Ever! If you do, You will have me to deal with and I promise it wouldn’t be a business dealing sort of thing.
Now to your complain, if my daughter has suddenly become disruptive in class, it means there is something you? are not doing right! I want to believe you know your child psychology very well!
If you read her previous reports, you would see she has never been a problem child. Find out why she is behaving that way lately. That is your duty as her teacher! Good day!
Remember, never call my child a brat! Never! Ever!

NINA: I’m…I’m..So.. rry sir. I…I.. was thinking maybe we could have a meeting and review her learning plans and see if we can make any changes..tha..t..that might help… what do you think?

MR AMBROSE: good day, young lady! Mummy, get into the car.
You mess with my child, I kill You!??

TATIANA: daddy

MR AMBROSE: Yes, my love

TATIANA: auntie Judy going home tomorrow?

MR AMBROSE: she is going home tomorrow

TATIANA: Does she have a house?

MR AMBROSE: mummy, everyone has a house.

TATIANA: Why then do we pray for homeless people during morning devotion?

MR AMBROSE:okay! Some people have no house, but auntie Judy does.

TATIANA: but our house is bigger than hers and she does not have a garden!

MR AMBROSE: how did you know that??

TATIANA: I don’t know

MR AMBROSE: neither do I. I’ve not been to her house before.

TATIANA: daddy, let her stay in our house

MR AMBROSE: why?

TATIANA: because she does not have a mummy

MR AMBROSE: what happened to her mummy?

TATIANA: she went to heaven before mummy.

MR AMBROSE: she told you that?

TATIANA: Yes.

MR AMBROSE: I didn’t even know that! When did she tell you.

TATIANA: when she was giving me a shower when you went to grandma Nkechi’s house. I really really really want her to stay in our house so we can give her food

MR AMBROSE: hahahaha! She doesn’t need our food? She makes her own money!

MR AMBROSE: but she’s only a baby

MR AMBROSE: no she ain’t? She’s a grown woman! She is older than your mummy!

TATIANA: so why does she cry then?

MR AMBROSE: when mummy was going to heaven?

TATIANA: no! Yesterday!

MR AMBROSE: you saw her crying Yesterday?

TATIANA: she was reading one paper and crying and talking to that paper!

MR AMBROSE: hmmmm! Mummy, sometimes big people cry too. Let’s not worry about it. Would you like some ice cream?

TATIANA: yesssss!?

MR AMBROSE: what one?

TATIANA: chocolate ice cream!

MR AMBROSE: and what should we get Shasha, Kate and Judy?

TATIANA: and baby Joshua!

MR AMBROSE: Joshua can’t have ice creams yet. He only feeds on milk..

(Ambrose and her daughter got home with the ice creams they got the girls at home. From outside the house, he could hear the cry of baby Joshua. So he hurriedly entered the house and found Judith bathing him)

MR AMBROSE: phew! Was wondering why he was crying! Do you want me to do it?

JUDITH: no, it’s alright. Babies cry when they have their bath

MR AMBROSE: you are so good at it. Have you done this before?

JUDITH: I’m 20 years older than our last born so I did it a lot when he was born.

MR AMBROSE: that’s quite a gap. Well, my mum taught me how to do it when I took Joshua to her. But I’m not quite as good as you are. Well done!
How are you, Kate? Still wearing a long face?

KATE: I’m fine, sir

MR AMBROSE: Why is your hair like this?

KATE: I’ll fix it soon?

MR AMBROSE: how soon is soon?

KATE: over the weekend, sir.

TATIANA: nanny Kate, we bought you ice cream and aunty Judy and Shasha.???

KATE: good girl! Thank you, Taty!

MR AMBROSE: where is Shasha?

KATE: she is asleep upstairs.

MR AMBROSE: Judith, when you are done, can I have a word with you, upstairs please. Thanks.?‍️?‍️

DERIC: I can’t even begin to tell you how I feel right now. Thank you so much for this money! Thank you Xandra! Thank You!

XANDRA: no worries. Erm, I’ve just booked my ticket with KLM flying at 6.30am tomorrow too!

DERIC: that’s the same plane I’m flying with. Same time! You never told me you were travelling. We could have booked same time so we sit together

XANDRA: it wasn’t planned. I am running short of money so I need to go back but I’ll still come back anyway.

DERIC: so how do we get to the airport?

XANDRA: my boyfriend will drop us

DERIC: your boyfriend? Xandra! How come you never told me all these while that you have a boyfriend???

XANDRA: well, I talk about my relationship on need to know basis. You haven’t asked. Have You?

DERIC: now, why am I jealous! I seriously am!

XANDRA: it’s okay to be jealous.

DERIC: it’s not! Stop it, Xandra!

XANDRA: but what does it matter! You have a wife!

DERIC: just stop okay! I’m not even joking! Just stop…

XANDRA: okay then!

DERIC: so how long have you been seeing him?

XANDRA: about a week or so..

DERIC: so you were talking to someone else while talking to me too!!!!!?

XANDRA: are you crazy or what! Talking yo You? On what basis? So because I have a friend. A friend o! Nothing else, I shouldn’t get into a relationship??

DERIC: Well, not while we are still friends!

XANDRA: you are the most selfish person I’ve ever seen in my entire life!

DERIC: you have slept with him. Haven’t You?

XANDRA: personal!

DERIC: meaning?

XANDRA: you are asking me a personal question!
Well, you should actually be grateful because he was the one who gave me the money I gave you!

DERIC: he did??????? (reaches for the envelop in his pocket and drops the money on the table)
Damn it!!! I don’t need his money! I am a man and I will make my own money!

XANDRA: how are you going to complete your booking since you’ve only paid the deposit?

DERIC: I ain’t travelling anymore until I make my own money and trust me, I will! I am outta here! (Walks away angrily)

XANDRA(throws her fist in the air?, grins and then smiles??)
??f o o l!!!

To be continued

THE brideGLOOM. Episode 37

MR AMBROSE: Judy, first of all, I just want to say a very big thank you to you for all you did and still doing for this family.
Words alone can’t describe how grateful I and the kids are to you.
We pray that help and comfort will always be near to you when you need them.

JUDITH: thank you and I must say you are a great father. You are doing a great job. Keep it up.

MR AMBROSE: I still don’t think I am doing enough.

JUDITH: You are. Not many men do the things I watch you do with and for your kids.

MR AMBROSE: thank you. Erm, I called you Here to break the silence. I’ve been trying to avoid discussing the issue of the letter left by my late wife.
I know you may have been expecting me to say something about it. And I thought it would be unfair to keep you in the dark about it.

Phewww! Judy, you are a very beautiful, kindhearted, intelligent and God fearing woman. You are the dream woman of every man; and I have no doubt that you will make a great mum and wife.
But I’m Sorry, I cannot do what Chioma asked me to do.
The reason is because I cannot love you. I cannot love another woman. I have no more love left in my heart to give. I gave it all to Chioma and when she died, my love died with her.
The only love I have left, is reserved exclusively for my 3 children.
I’ve tried so hard to see if I could at least give it a try, but honestly, I don’t think I can.

JUDITH: hmmmm

MR AMBROSE: I’m sorry. I’m really Sorry, Judith

JUDITH: I…I don’t even know what to say. I feel like Chioma has asked me to do something impossible. Obviously, I can’t force myself on you.
Like every other girl , I would like a man to come to me and ask for my hand in marriage. Spend a few months wooing me. But I found myself in this situation where I am having to do all that and even worse is the fact that a man is refusing my advances.
I know I haven’t expressly said it to You, but I would like to make Chioma happy wherever she is by marrying you like she wanted. And i like you too. But like I said, I can’t force it on you.

MR AMBROSE: I’m really sorry…

JUDITH: it’s okay. Thank you for being honest with me instead of marrying me and treating me like a slave. I will be going back to Lagos tomorrow morning.

MR AMBROSE: please do not leave and leave forever . You can always come and spend your weekends and annual leaves here. My door will always be open to you.
And if I find myself in Lagos for whatever reason, I’ll pop in and say hi

JUDITH: (struggling to hold back her tears)no problems. Thank you.

MR AMBROSE : many Thanks, Judy. Is it okay if I give you a hug?

JUDITH: sure. (Hugs him?) let me go back to the kids

MR AMBROSE: alright..Erm, excuse me, Judith!

JUDITH: yes?

MR AMBROSE: do you think you can spend one more week with us?

JUDITH: (smiles) no…. I have to go back to work

MR AMBROSE: oh okay! Sorry I asked.

JUDITH: ??‍️

CHARLOTTE: Seriously, you sound drunk babe? Do you want me to ask my guy to pick you up instead of you driving?

NINA: am I not drinks. Oh Sorry! I am drunk. No I am not drink. I will drive . Yea! This place is heaven man! Flavour dey scatter my head here mehnnnnm! We should be coming here everyday!
You never want give Deric the gift abi? Bastard like You!

CHARLOTTE: girl, you need to go home! You are definitely drunk! Stop shouting you are making yourself more vulnerable. Evil people can try to take advantage of you once they notice you are drunk!

NINA: shut up! I hope say your man good for bed o! Because you don starve well well as Deric be bad news.
Enjoy before the HIV you give am go make am impotent.

CHARLOTTE: just get going please and don’t forget to call me when you get home. I’m worried about your safety

NINA: be worried about all the evil wen you been dey do! If we die now, na hell fire be our potion so! O!
This night alone, I don have one night stand with two young handsome dudes!

CHARLOTTE: just go home, please! Stop being stupid!

NINA: Yes madam!

MURIEL: Xandra! Xandra!

XANDRA: sister!

MURIEL: the postman just delivered something that has your name on it.

XANDRA: really? I didn’t order anything?

(Xandra opened the package and inside it was a huge pink teddy bear, a single red rose and a greeting card.
When she opened the card, she realised it was from Deric and he wrote the following in the card)

I am no better than a hunted house
Thoughts of you have continued to hunt
Me day in day out
Can I see you tomorrow?
Don’t say no, beautiful!

With undying love
From
Deric
×××
XANDRA: ? so where is the smartness? Hahahaha! Overgrown babies claiming to be Men!
I’ll teach you some good old lessons!
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 38

POLICE OFFICER: good morning, madam; are you Charlotte?

CHARLOTTE: Yes, I am. How may I help?

POLICE OFFICER: (Shows his ID card) my name is officer Ikenna from Wuse police station.
Could you please come with us to the police station for some questioning in relation to the rape and murder of one miss Nina Yinka.

CHARLOTTE: (shaking ferociously) wha..t did you say? Death? Murder? Rape? No no!
Officer! Officer! What are you talking about? I spoke to her a few hours ago.

POLICE OFFICER: that’s the reason why we need to get some information from you. Her call history suggests you were the last person she spoke with. In fact what happened to her happened to her a few minutes after you dropped the phone.
So we need you to tell us everything you know about her death

CHARLOTTE: somebody wake me up!!! Officer, I do not know anything about her death. I..I.. I am only a friend.

POLICE OFFICER: we will discuss that when we get to the station. Please get into the car.

CHARLOTTE: is Nina dead, Officer or is she in the hospital? Nina can’t just die like that! Who raped her? Who killed her! Hie!!!!!!!???? Nina ooooo!!! Where are you!!!
Who will advise me when I need one! Who will be with me in my darkest moment!
Whoever killed you will know no peace!!!! May your spirit hunt them until they go mad!

(Continues crying as they made their way to the police station)

DERIC: you look stunning tonight. I didn’t know you were this beautiful

XANDRA: because you have never taken the time to look.

DERIC: I guess so. My mum loves her new house and keeps going to the corner shop to look for egusi and all those Nigerian soup ingredients

XANDRA: hahahaha! She can’t find those in the supermarkets. You and I can go to Peckam and get some for her . It’s quite a journey though.

DERIC: I don’t mind at all. I’m craving okazi soup myself. Anyway, when are you going to relocate to London for good?

XANDRA: I’m a British citizen, so i can always do so when I want.

DERIC: so how is your boyfriend?

XANDRA: he’s alright. Told him I’m going to see a friend

DERIC: and Deric is the friend, right?

XANDRA: of course. Who else

DERIC: Xandra, what if i tell you to stop seeing that guy?

XANDRA: reason?

DERIC: it makes me jealous Knowing you are seeing another man

XANDRA: I don’t care how you feel, Deric. I’m getting married soon.

DERIC: Xandra!!! You are really hurting me with those words. Can’t we just remain the way we are. I mean let’s make no changes to how we’ve always been!

XANDRA: In other words, you remain happily married, while I remain miserably single and lonely, right?

DERIC: I’m just a confused man! I wish I met you before I got married! Why do we always meet the right people after we’ve been hooked to the wrong person!….
Anyways, I have a friend who was pregnant the last time I saw her. Been thinking a lot about her lately. I Hope she had her baby safely.

XANDRA: call her.

DERIC: no. My wife and her evil friend wrecked her marriage when they falsely accused her of sleeping with me and her husband sent her away. So she’s not really happy with me and told me to stop coming and calling, because the last time I went to see her, her husband came and went bunkers when he saw me
She’s been on my mind a lot today.

XANDRA: why would your wife do such a thing to a fellow woman?

DERIC: evil people do not need a reason to be evil. They just do it for the fun of it.

XANDRA: ermm, been meaning to ask you this but it keeps escaping my memory. Do you know anyone living with HIV?

DERIC: Ermmm, yes. Just before I left Nigeria, my wife told me that her best friend, Nina has HIV. She was raped; that was how she got it. Why do you ask?

XANDRA: I know Nina has HIV. Do you know anyone else? Just looking for anyone willing to participate in one of the biggest HIV awareness campaign that we will be holding soon

DERIC : ? how did you know Nina has HIV???

XANDRA: She is my patient.

DERIC: what else are you keeping from me?
I can’t believe you knew all these while and you never told me. What if I had an affair with her?

XANDRA: well, that’s a good reason why you shouldn’t be having an affair. Even in your marriage, you need to run HIV test every now and again.
Anyone can have it. And it’s not in my place to tell you who does and who doesn’t

DERIC: are you saying that if you know that Charlotte has HIV, you wouldn’t tell me? (Phone rings)
That’s my wife ringing. Do you mind me taking it?

XANDRA: not at all

DERIC: are you sure?

XANDRA: Positive!

DERICSad???) hi wifey, you’re alright? Why have you lost your voice ?

CHARLOTTE: no, Deric I’m not okay! Nina is dead! You have to come home seriously. I’m scared I can’t stay in this house alone. I was at the police station all day being questioned endlessly

DERIC: wait, wait wait! Nina dead??? How? When? Where??? Did she stop taking her pills?

CHARLOTTE: no!! She never did! she is so faithful in taking it even when mine runs out, she gives me o!! She was raped and killed o!! Jesus have mercy on me o!

DERIC: repeat what you just said. When yours what?

CHARLOTTE: no no no! It’s a slip of the tongue! I swear!

XANDRA:???

DERIC: oh come off it! What slip of the tongue???? Charlotte! Hello, Hello! Are you there??? Charlotte???
She hung the phone on me! Hehehe what is going on here. Xandra, did you hear that

XANDRA: ??

DERIC: Xandra, I asked a question and you are smiling! You know Nina has HIV, what do you know about Charlotte????

XANDRA: please call her back and ask her whatever you wish to know about her.

DERIC: Xandra, get serious now please! Does Charlotte have HIV? Do I have HIV? What’s going on!

MR AMBROSE (???) Hello, Judy how are you. Alright?

JUDITH: hi. I’m good, sir. Thanks.

MR AMBROSE: erm, I found your bank card in the bedroom you stayed while you were with us. Have you been looking?

JUDITH: oh! S u g a r!!!!! What do I do now and that’s the only bank account I have! I’ll just come over to Abuja this evening and take it

MR AMBROSE: you don’t need to. I’ll bring it for you tomorrow.

JUDITH: oh will you! How kind! Thank you so much!

MR AMBROSE: would you like anything else from Abuja?

JUDITH: ermmm! Maybe some fresh tomatoes. I saw some really nice ones but I wasn’t able to get them

MR AMBROSE: and what else?

JUDITH: that’s it, sir. Thanks.

MR AMBROSE: what dress size do you wear, if you don’t mind me asking

JUDITH: size ten, sir.

MR AMBROSE: alright. See you tomorrow. Be a good girl and look after yourself

JUDITH: I will. Send my love to Kate and the girls.

MR AMBROSE: will do. Take care now. Bye!

JUDITH: (smiles) hehehe!?? Chioma, I know you are behind the scene!?

To be continued

THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 39

XANDRA: (????) sir, you are screaming off my ear buds! You either talk to me like a human being, or I terminate this phone call!
I never mentioned it to Deric!!!

MANAGER: Then how the hell did he know, because he contacted the office this morning, asking for his wife’s HIV status. Don’t tell me it was revealed to him in his dreams!

XANDRA: I am not disputing that! What I’m saying is that I did not tell him. Simple and short!

MANAGER: you are there in London with him! You know about his wife’s HIV status. You are probably in an adulterous relationship with him. Hey! Young lady! Don’t take me for a fool!
I am taking this matter to HR because I warned you before now!!!!
This is a conduct issue and must be reported immediately! And I’ll have the pleasure of reporting It!

XANDRA: just an advice from a young woman with brains older than you are, sir! Ensure you get your facts right before reporting. Otherwise, when I am proved innocent, I shall sue you for every single thing you are worth!

MANAGER: alright then! See you soon, miss hot pants!

XANDRA: the hot pants you’ve always wanted to get into but can’t! Don’t think we all forget so soon. All these will come to light soon. I’ve got everything I need to show that you have other motives for your actions!

MANAGER: cheap blackmail! You think you can threaten me??? You really think you can blackmail me into silence? I will show you that I was born and raised in Nigeria!

XANDRA: and I’ll show you what it feels like when a Nigerian and Jamaican blood come together to form a witty girl and then raised her in North London! Bye!

INSPECTOR GENERAL: boys! Stop! Stop torturing him! Mr Anthony, are you willing to tell me the truth yet?

ANTHONY: yes????? yes, abeg oga help me

INSPECTOR GENERAL: how many of you were involved in the rape and murder??

ANTHONY: oga na five

INSPECTOR GENERAL: good! Where are the rest? What are their names

ANTHONY: Dike, Olakunle, Hassan and Danger

INSPECTOR GENERAL: where can we locate them?

ANTHONY: Dike get shop for Wuse market near the place when them dey sell rice for…For the entrance. Him dey sell food items. Olakunle be mechanic him work shop dey for main road as you dey enter market and na him bring Danger and Hassan. I no know them, sir. I swear. Please sir i want drink water abeg.

INSPECTOR GENERAL: officer Mike, get him a bottle of water, please. So why did you rape and murder her?

ANTHONY: oga, e go be my wedding next Saturday. One week from now. I just entered the country from New Delhi come say make I take my guys clubbing. As we reach there dey dance and drink, na so she enter come ask us for drink.

My other guy give am drink she drink come dey dance with us. I no even look her side because I love my woman. Na so she begin dey dance for my front come dey put her hand inside my pant. I try to avoid am but she still dey do am. She come ask me say if I want sex for free. As I don drink high well well, na him I follow her go for corner go do am. My friends follow am go do am too.

So she say she wan go, but she no know say one of my guys dey outside they urinate when she call her friend dey tell am say she don give us HIV. We come follow am for back with our own car. When we get to Bush side, we stop am ask am if she get HIV she say no say she dey lie. Na so we begin to search her car come find the HIV medicine inside her car. Na him we do am. Oga forgive me. Na beg I dey beg abeg?????

INSPECTOR GENERAL: Good info! When you young people are advised to have self control, you feel you are being caged or stopped from enjoying your young age. I feel sorry for the young lady you are engaged to.

And can I ever stress this enough, how can you jump into bed with a total stranger with no protection at all. Well, see what you brought upon yourself? Boys! Take him in!

ANTHONY: oga na beg I dey beg you please help me. I no get mama and papa abeg!! Oga please…

(Mr Ambrose had morning devotion with his family, called their hairdresser to come over and have their hair done. Including Kate’s. When he made sure they had everything they’ll be needing over the weekend, including enough milk for baby Joshua, he made his way to a Designers Outlet where he used to take Chioma for shopping)

STAFF: oh hello sir! Good morning!

MR AMBROSE: morning, my dear.

STAFF: really sorry about what happened to you. May her soul rest in peace.

MR AMBROSE: amen. Thank you, my dear

STAFF: How can we help you today?

MR AMBROSE: erm, I need help indeed! You know she used to do these by herself. I only walk around with her. So, I am as clueless as it gets.

STAFF: Awwww! I understand

MR AMBROSE: erm, I need you to get me twelve different dresses, five tops, ermm, three perfumes, four pair of shoes, one good wrist watch, a jewellery set ermm, what else?

STAFF: underwears?

MR AMBROSE : no. Erm, two pairs of sun glasses and two pairs of skinny jean trousers. All in size ten and the footwears in size six. Thank you

STAFF: alright sir. Would you like to come around with me?

MR AMBROSE: no, I’ll sit at that coffee shop right there. I trust you to select something great, seeing you look fashionable yourself! I’m too old to be walking about

STAFF: hahaha! Alright sir. I’ll be quick.

MR AMBROSE: Please! Thank you.

( after about 30 minutes, the lady came back with a selection of the itmes from different designers and Mr Ambrose came over to the till)

STAFF: sir, everything has come up to eight hundred and fifty five thousand naira.

MR AMBROSE: ? here! (Hands her his debit card)

(On his way, he also stopped by a flower shop and got Judith a bunch of beautiful red roses and some chocolates. When he got to the door, he pressed the door bell and waited by the door with the flowers in his hands. After two minutes Judy opened the door for him)

JUDITH: wow! See who we have here! Please come in sir

MR AMBROSE: (handing her the flower and chocolate) this is for you. And could you please give me a hand to get some stuff out of the car, Please?

JUDITH: wow! This is so beautiful! Thank you! I’ll just drop the flowers inside and come to the car.

(They both brought all the items into Judy’s living room and sat down)

MR AMBROSE: what a beautiful and spacious place you have! And Tatiana told me you have a small house!

JUDITH: hahahaha! Compared to yours, this is tiny!

MR AMBROSE: no, it isn’t! This is nice and modern!

JUDITH: thank you, sir. Please pardon the food smell. I’ve been cooking. Would you like a drink?

MR AMBROSE: not yet. Erm, Judy, I got you these items hoping you would like them.
You know it’s been long since I did something of this nature, so forgive any blunders

JUDITH: (sits down in the middle of the items) oh my God! Oh my God! All these! (Covers her face and Starts crying)

MR AMBROSE: stop crying, Judy. You deserve more (Hugs her and holds her to his chest)

JUDITH: (amidst tears) thank you, so much, sir! I wasn’t expecting these at all! Thank you!

MR AMBROSE: sorry, I couldn’t get your fresh tomatoes. I’ll owe you that.

JUDITH: hehehe! I don’t even remember it! Please come over to the dinning, I made some food

MR AMBROSE: now that looks like something that was made for 10 strong young men coming from America! I had wanted to take you somewhere nice for breakfast. Why did you bother!

JUDITH: when you visit me, your first meal must be cooked by me. The subsequent ones can be anywhere else I don’t mind.

MR AMBROSE: her rules! Hehehe. Can we go out for dinner then?

JUDITH: (shyly) we can?

ROSSY: (smiles, bites her lips and carries on minding her business)

To be continued

THE brideGLOOM. Episode 40

DERIC: Xandra, I…I… I am short of words. I don’t know what to say right now. I feel like killing myself!
I thought you just wanted me into your pants. And don’t blame me, it’s rare to see a person who just loves you genuinely and wants to save your life with no selfish interests.

XANDRA: That’s why doctors are special. We often feel the need to save lives both within and outside our professional settings. And come on! You are handsome. I wasnt gonna sit there and watch such a handsome guy waste! Hehehe

DERIC: you are a queen! A very brave one. But again, when next you notice such a thing, don’t leave it for later. I could have had sex with that evil woman. In fact, on two occasions, we were almost at it when you called. By the way, do you possess some super powers?

XANDRA:hahahaha! I don’t. I think you are just one lucky guy. I believe your wife and friend were out to infect as many people as possible. In fact, I heard her friend say it in my office . When you showed me her picture, I was petrified! But thank God you are free of it.

DERIC: Xandra, can I ask for a favour?

XANDRA: go on

DERIC: will you be my girlfriend, please?

XANDRA: you have a wife, Deric!

DERIC: that’s why I didn’t ask you to marry me straight away. I am terminating that God forsaken marriage and I am already on it. As soon as I am done, I’ll marry you and love you for the rest of my life. Please?

XANDRA: Deric, I love you. I do. But sorry I am engaged to be married soon.

DERIC: Xandra! You are What! Please Xandra I’ll do anything in the world for you. Please can’t you see we are meant to be together! Everything, literally everything supports our union!!!! Xandra! Don’t break this heart once again. Please!!!

XANDRA (picks up her car keys and ran into her car) sorry, Deric!???

DERIC:?????????

MADAM FELICIA(Charlotte’s mum??????) hello??…..hello, Charlotte are you there?

CHARLOTTE: hi, mum I am!

MADAM FELICIA: who are you using that tone of voice on???

CHARLOTTE: sorry, ma. I was trying to do some calculations when you called so I didn’t notice you were the one calling.

MADAM FELICIA: I see! So why have you not been taking your husband’s phone calls or replying his text messages?

CHARLOTTETonguehew! Mum, what man leaves his young wife for almost 5 months now. His mum was discharged from the hospital 2 months ago and he sat there doing nothing! Doesn’t send money or anything at all. What man does that, Mum!!

MADAM FELICIA: I see. So when did you get it?

CHARLOTTE: When did i get What?

MADAM FELICIA:oh! We are playing ignorant now. Are We? When did you get HIV and from who!!!

CHARLOTTE: Mum, that has nothing to do with you. It’s a private family matter?

MADAM FELICIA: oh! Is it! Well, it’s not as private as you think because more people than you think, know about it now. Deric has through his brother commenced divorce procedures and you will be served the divorce papers soon. I am ashamed of You!
Your father died 15 years ago and since then, no other man has seen my underwears, but your husband was away for a few months and You’ve already bagged yourself a PHD in sexually transmitted disease! Shame!!!!! Shame!!!

CHARLOTTE: Mum, I got it while he was still in Nigeria.??? I know I shouldn’t have done it but Deric stopped any form of intimacy between us. We were always arguing. He wasn’t working therefore wasn’t giving me money either!
It was too much on me and the guy who gave me HIV made me feel loved. He made me feel safe and like a woman again so I gave in. Forgive me, Mum, please????

MADAM FELICIA: why didn’t you tell me Deric was not sleeping with You! The easiest thing in the world to do is to get your husband to sleep with you. It is as easy as ABCD! Especially as he sleeps in the same bed with You!
Charlotte, you only needed a couple of new underwears, a new hairdo and a nice smelling perfume! You didn’t have to take the destructive route! This was what I advised you a day before your wedding to Deric! I told you to always use what God gave you to keep your man sane!
I have always been there for you since childhood! Why didn’t you come to me?? instead you entangled yourself with a notorious friend!
Look where she has landed You!???
Anyway, when Deric boots you out of his house, my house is open for you.? You are welcome back home but you will bear the shame alone! I will not partake in it because I have continued to be a noble woman regardless of the things I’ve been through. So call me when you need me!
I’m off! (Hangs up)

CHARLOTTESadpicks up a pen and paper and starts writing a suicide note)
dear Mum,
I know this will break your hear..

VISITOR : (knock knock! Knock knock!!!!)

CHARLOTTE: who is it! (Opens the door)

ALAHAJI UMAR: why hab you not been picking my calls! Walahi you made me worried. I hab to come looking por You!
LAilanlailanla!!!! What is this? What are you doing with acid in your hands! Why do you wantu kill yaself!!!

CHARLOTTE: Alahaji, I want to die??? just let me die. I deserve to die. I can’t handle my problems anymore

ALAHAJI UMAR: please gib me the acid,please my dear. Insha Allah, ebrything will be fine! Walahi ebrything will be fine! Sit down and talk to me. What is problem? I will gib you money if you want money. Okay?

CHARLOTTE: Alahaji, I’m living with HIV aids????

ALAHAJI UMAR: I know.

CHARLOTTE:? Jesus! Y-o-u know??? How? When???

ALAHAJI UMAR: when we went to Ghana, I saw the anti retroviral drugs inside your handbag

CHARLOTTE: and you continued to sleep with me????

ALAHAJI UMAR: yes, because I hab been living with HIV for 15 years.

CHARLOTTE: l o r d J e s u s!!!

ALAHAJI UMAR: peace be upon him. You see, HIV is not as dangerous as people make it look. It is just like any other ailment people live with. Conditions such as asthma requires you to daily take your inhaler and sometimes you might need to take it more than once a day. So is HIV! If you take your medications daily, you should be able to live a normal healthy life and achieve whatever you are set to achieve.
The stigmatisation of people with HIV aids is only happening because people are ignorant and have refused to read and understand this very virus.
The only difference is that HIV is transferable, but only through body fluid.
So my dear, you see you have a reason to live and not die.
15 years ago, a lady from the Gambia gave it to me when I went on holiday there. But I am still here investing in more and more businesses and enjoying my life.

CHARLOTTE: I can’t believe this!??

ALAHAJI UMAR: we meant evil for each other. You wanted to infect me, I wanted to infect you but here we are!
I have found a friend, a confidant and love in you and I want to keep it (gets down on one knee and brings out a costly diamond ring)
Charlotte, will You marry me?

CHARLOTTE: oh my God! Yes I will!!! (Hugs him tightly)

ALAHAJI UMAR: (slides the ring into her ring finger) please take me to your parents.

CHARLOTTE: before that, I need you to come with me to somewhere. There is this family I offended. In fact I caused the husband and wife to split and the wife died. I feel I may never move forward in life if I do not secure their forgiveness. Could you come with me to their house?.

ALAHAJI UMAR:yes, my driba is outside waiting. So he can take us there.

CHARLOTTE: thank you. Do you think God will forgive me?

ALAHAJI UMAR: Allah is mercipul! He will forgibe you yanzu yanzu! I tell You! Beliebe me!

CHARLOTTE: I love you

ALAHAJI: I lobe you too. Walahi I lobe You!?‍

To be continued
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MY WIFE: Episode 21-28 Edoman 4 7,617 03-22-2019, 05:59 PM
Last Post: lilymoon
  MY WIFE: Episode 11-20 Edoman 4 6,897 03-22-2019, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Gimbiya
  FRIENDLY ENEMIES* *Episode 19-24 Edoman 2 3,520 01-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Edoman