The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 21-30
THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 21-30

MR AMBROSE: Kate, do you know any middle aged woman who would like to assist you with the kids?

KATE: but I’m doing okay, sir.

MR AMBROSE: we need more than okay. Shasha starts school next week and her school is not Tatiana’s school.

KATE: I just need to wake up earlier than I used to

MR AMBROSE: phewww! Anyways, I am going out not to buy a car for their school runs. The driver will start tomorrow. Use him whenever you need him. He is their driver.
Also, I was wondering if you would be interested to learn how to drive, so that if for any reason the driver didn’t turn up, you can save the day

KATE: I don’t mind, sir.

MR AMBROSE: Kate

KATE: Yes, sir.

MR AMBROSE: have you ever been in love?

KATE: Yes..

MR AMBROSE: have you ever been heart broken?

KATE: Yes…

MR AMBROSE: do you know the agony of being betrayed?

KATE: I do. I also know the agony of being falsely accused

MR AMBROSE: do you know how bad it hurts missing someone but not wanting them?

KATE: no

MR AMBROSE: do you know how much I miss my wife?

KATE: but you can bring her back, sir

MR AMBROSE: since she left this house, I’ve always kept an eye on her. In fact I paid someone to monitor her because I was trying to find out if she is innocent or not. But that person has not seen her in the last two days.
Do you have the slightest idea of where she might be?

KATE: not at all, sir. It may be worth going to her family house to ask

MR AMBROSE: I am scared of her mother. She would kill me if she could.
Kate, between you and me, was there ever a time you had a reason to believe that my wife was cheating on me?

KATE: not at all, sir. Never.

MR AMBROSE: even whilst I was away?

KATE: never. The day she did the pregnancy test, she called me into the bathroom to show me the kit . She even told me what name she would call the baby if it’s a boy

MR AMBROSE: what name did she say she would call him?

KATE: Ambrose

MR AMBROSE: look after the kids. I’ll see you later! (Speeds off)

DERIC: what exactly is your problem, woman!

CHARLOTTE: I beg of You, Deric…

DERIC: please leave me alone. I need to get some sleep!

CHARLOTTE: but I am your wife!

DERIC: you didn’t think of that when you lied to me that you were going for a training in China. Did you?

CHARLOTTE: but that was where I went!

DERIC: Barbados must be the new China. Your passport says you went to Barbados, dear wife!

CHARLOTTE: because we were later told the venue changed. Deric, why don’t we just forget about all these!
I was wondering if we could try for a baby. I’m not getting any younger

DERIC: who are you having a baby with?

CHARLOTTE: who else am I supposed to have a baby with!!!

DERIC: ?you have a very dangerous disease of the mind. Listen young woman, I do not wish to be disturbed, please. I don’t want your filthy hands on my body again! As you can see, I have no interest whatsoever!

CHARLOTTE: we might as well end this union!!!

DERIC: Yes, Please! This is the most sensible thing you’ve suggested in your life. When are you leaving?

CHARLOTTE: you will be the one to leave! Because her marriage crashed, now you want ours to crash too so that you can marry her. I wish she bleeds to death when having that child!

DERIC: you see what a nasty human being you are! You are wishing a pregnant woman death but you want to try having kids. What we wish others has a way of coming to us, you know.

CHARLOTTE: oh shut up! (Takes her blanket and goes into a
another room)

CHIOMA: ??wow! How much do you pay for this property?

JUDITH: actually, I bought it.

CHIOMA: wow! Well done girlfriend! You have done well for yourself . Well done!

JUDITH: Chy, this is your house now. I want you to behave the same way you would behave if you were the one who bought this house. I’ll show you where everything is and you don’t have to do any laundry.
Someone comes in every Saturday to do it.
Tomorrow I’ll register you for antenatal in a private hospital just down the road.

CHIOMA: you are more than a friend, Judy. You’ve always been!. Thank you.

JUDITH: you are welcome. Let’s go out for lunch!

THE brideGLOOM. Episode 22

MADAM NKECHI: What are you doing in my house, Ambrose? Have you come to arrest me too?

MR AMBROSE: mama please, hear me out

MADAM NKECHI: Ambrose, you loved me so much and then hurt me so much! A part of me loves you and the other part hates you.
It’s hard to explain it to you but I will be glad if you stop showing me your face!

MR AMBROSE: Mama, please! It’s not even about me. It’s about the kids. Tatiana took Ill last night and wouldn’t stop asking for her mum. We had a terrible night and that’s the reason I am here this early.
Could I please speak with Chioma, please mama. I need to.

MADAM NKECHI: I don’t know where she is, my dear. Take the kids to the hospital if they are ill. Chioma is not a doctor!

MR AMBROSE: Mama, please help me! I’m going insane. My life is gradually falling apart. My business is hanging on the edge! I admit i acted stupidly by sending her away without confirming. I want us to do a DNA test to end all these and carry on with our lives!

MADAM NKECHI: It’s amazing how people think they can hurt you as much as they want and when they feel like it, they come back, say sorry and bingo! Everything automatically falls back into place!
Life does not work that way! Pain changes people and the change could mean they learn to live happily without you. Sorry is not always enough, my dear.
Chioma is an adult and she has picked herself up and moved on. I don’t know where she is!
And my daughter is not doing any NTA test!
You want to take her to television and expose her to the whole world!

MR AMBROSE: no Mama! DNA test will prove if the child she is carrying is mine or not. Not NTA please Mama! I can’t survive for too long like this. My blood pressure sky rocketed yesterday I had to rush to see my doctor. Please, mama treat me like a son?

MADAM NKECHI: Ambrose, you didn’t treat me like a mother. Did you! You arrested my daughter and she spent a night in cell! A woman who was 7 months pregnant!
Chioma had only two panties while she was here with me. I watched her checked and waited for one undergarment to dry so she could go out!
My daughter was reduced to the lowest point in in life! Oh! Ambrose!
I do not want to curse you! Please leave my house!

MR AMBROSE: Mama, curse me. I have no where else to go. My mother treats me with so much disdain. My father has completely stopped talking to me. My children will hate me when they grow up. Please don’t send me away like this, mama. I’m only asking you to help me find her. I know she will forgive me when she sees me???

MADAM NKECHI: and that is why you treated her that way!!! Because you know she can’t even hurt a fly? bless her, my daughter will never do such a thing to anybody not to talk of you!
But alas, the one we will take a bullet for, is usually the one behind the trigger!
Chioma is no longer in this country.

MR AMBROSE: Mama!?

MADAM NKECHI: Yes, she has gone to London to have her baby. You know her visa is still valid from the last time she travelled.

MR AMBROSE: Mama!?

MADAM NKECHI: Ambrose

MR AMBROSE: can…can I have her London contact. I’ll be in London latest tomorrow evening

MADAM NKECHI: I do not have her contact

MR AMBROSE: Mama???? I’ll see you later!
(Jumps into the car, and start calling his personal assistant ????)
Hello, Seyi…can you hear me?…good! Book me the next available flight to Heathrow airport immediately. Do not negotiate the price….the very next available flight….thank you. I’ll be waiting. Bye!
CHIOMA: I just couldn’t sleep last night. Thoughts of Ambrose filled my head. I hope he is alright.

JUDITH: he is fine. Relax and allow God to reinstall his brains

CHIOMA: when I was coming back from the hospital yesterday, I saw a nursery just across the road. So I went in there to make enquiries and I was told are looking to employ more staff. And the lady asked me to submit my CV via email. I did and she has invited me for an interview on Monday

JUDITH: you must be kidding, right? You want to start working? What for? I am definitely not letting you work being 8 months pregnant. Chy, if the money I give you is not enough, there’s nothing stopping you from asking for more! Why go searching for a job!

CHIOMA: no babes, it’s just a way to get rid of boredom. It’s gets really lonely and boring in this big house when you leave. Since its across the road and starts at 10am, I don’t think it will be onerous at all

JUDITH: I’m really not happy about it.

CHIOMA: come on now! The pay is good as well! 50 grand!

JUDITH: 50 thousand? You are worth more than that! Come on! You studied abroad! Them dey mad to offer you 50 thousand!

CHIOMA: let me just do it. When I have my baby, I can always look for a job

JUDITH:?

To be continued

THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 23

CAROLINE : look who we have here! Mr Ambrose! Come in. Where is your jacket, you are freezing!

MR AMBROSE: (shivering) I forgot to bring one. Can I have a very hot cup of coffee, please!

CAROLINE: sure! But how could you forget your jacket, Mr Ambrose. It is February! The heart of winter!

MR AMBROSE: when you are desperate, you don’t think right.

CAROLINE: what are you desperate for?

MR AMBROSE: my wife, Caroline. I learnt she is in London

CAROLINE: you learnt? What’s going on?

MR AMBROSE: long story. Please where is your husband?

CAROLINE: he went to get some milk down the road. He will be here in no time.

MR AMBROSE: so my wife is not here?

CAROLINE: no. Not at all. Usually when she comes to London, she tells us so I am surprised you said she is in the country . Anyways, sometimes she prefers to stay at Krista’s house because she lives close to Walthamstow market. Chioma likes shopping.

MR AMBROSE: so Krista lives in Walthamstow?

CAROLINE: used to. But she recently moved to Luton.

MR AMBROSE: your husband must take me there right now. I need to go back home with my wife

CAROLINE: how long have you been looking for her? I’m asking because yesterday she posted a picture of her and Judith on instagram. It was a selfie but her face was really swollen….

MR AMBROSE: what??? Who is Judith and where does she live?

CAROLINE: Judith is our class mate. She lives in Abuja. Why was her face swollen??

MR AMBROSE: she is 8 months pregnant! Your husband must take me to Luton first let me confirm.
It might be an old photo.
Chioma’s mum told me she is here in London!!

CHARLOTTE: You sent for me?

MR ADRIAN: take a seat, Please

CHARLOTTE: I don’t want to sit down

MR ADRIAN: I used to be your perfect gentleman. I used to treat women like queens. Opening doors for them, holding their hands and Oh! I was faithful to a fault!

CHARLOTTE: why do you think I care?

MR ADRIAN: shut up and listen!?
Every woman wanted to go out with me and of course the money was there and I had the looks too!
These bald head you see now used to be as thick as a forest. I was the dream of every woman..

CHARLOTTE: I still don’t understand why you think I give a hoot about your history.
What does it have to do with the fact that you slept with my friend even when we are supposed to be dating!

MR ADRIAN: oh it has everything to do with It! Again, you need to shut the f**k up and listen to me!!
When you see a seemingly bad person, ask yourself what could have made them bad. None of us was born bad.
We were once angels.
That drug addict you see on the street has a story, that girl who snaps at the slightest provocation has a story.
that bully has a story
the woman beater also has a story.

But the world don’t f**king care!
The justice system is just out there to punish!
You judgemental b*tches just want to judge!

CHARLOTTE: I’m not gonna have you call me names, sir!
Cut to the chase and let me carry on with my job!

MR ADRIAN:? I was only 15. I was your definition of a sweet boy. I did everything I was told to do. I didn’t have what other boys my age had but I never complained. I went hungry, not just of food but of love and affection…

CHARLOTTE: hian! Oh! This beating about the bush is getting so boring!??‍️

MR ADRIAN: my mother left my dad when I was 15 and got into a lesbian relationship. The daughter of a b*tch she was cohabiting with, was the devil’s personal assistant.
More than a hundred times she molested me?
She made me do unimaginable things at my age. She was a masochist.
She would torture me while she sexually molested me.
She threatened to kill me if I ever tell my mum or anyone else.
I hated to look at my genitals because they were constantly bruised and sore. Passing water was like passing through the valley of the shadow of death.

CHARLOTTE: awwww! She must be evil

MR ADRIAN: so are You! So is every woman who walks the face of the earth!
Fortunately, my then tutor found out when she saw the marks on my back in the changing room as we got ready for sports in school.
She took me to her office and asked me where I got the bruises from.
I broke down in tears but she assured me of a better life….
I told her everything and right there and then she rang the police and that daughter of Jezebel was arrested. And so was my mother…

CHARLOTTE: hmmmmmn!

MR ADRIAN: ??
That was how I went into care.
Life in foster home is a story you will read or hear at my funeral if you outlive me.
I have already written it all down and my solicitor has it. So I’ll spare you that.
I went ahead to obtain a degree in oil and gas management and a masters degree in managerial studies.
I became very successful and I thought I had finally broken away from pain and would die a happy man but alas! Pain and more pain was waiting for me on the other end of the road?

CHARLOTTE: oh dear!

MR ADRIAN: I don’t need the sympathy. You’ll need it in a minute.
Well, at age 30, I had hundreds of billions to my name. Now, I am not talking about naira. I speak of pounds sterling! So I decided it was time to get married. I was already in love with Shylyn and she gave me the only beautiful, pure and kindhearted woman in the world.
Lyn my daughter is the only woman worthy of love and she is the only reason I didn’t commit suicide in all these.
When she was 5 months old, I discovered that her mother was sleeping with a boy of 14.
She used to pick him up from school, bring him Into my bedroom and have sex with him. And she would pay him afterwards.

Somehow she was investigated for child molestation. A term I grew up hearing a million times over….my wife was sharing my bed with a minor.
I looked after my 5 month old Lyn and I got full custody of her when she was 12 months old. I divorced my wife and decided to be single.
The only things that made me happy then was my daughter, watching pole dancing and bird watching.
I didn’t want to have anything to do with women but they wanted everything to do with me…??

I was sent to Cambodia for six months just as I was sent here. I started seeing a Chinese lady who was my assistant in the company….
We dated for 14 months and I started being unwell more often than usual.
I went to the hospital and the doctor suggested I do a HIV test..

CHARLOTTE:???

MR ADRIAN: the test revealed I had HIV

CHARLOTTE: **slumps*

To be continued

THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 24

KRISTA: Mr Ambrose, I’ve never seen you this distressed! Calm down Chioma is alright. I spoke with her yesterday

MR AMBROSE: you did????

KRISTA: Yes, let me ring her

MR AMBROSE: no! Hang on! I think they do not want me to know where she is. So don’t tell her I am here with you. Just call, ask the exact address she is at. Please put it on loud speaker so I can hear her voice. I miss her so much! God!??

KRISTA:?????…… ……. …… ringing….ringing…connecting….

CHIOMA: ??hello Kris! How are you my darling!

KRISTA: I’m fine, gorgeous. Yourself?

CHIOMA: I’m fine. Thanks

KRISTA: I can hear you chewing something, what’s going down?

CHIOMA: Judy bought me some coconut chips. Really yummy

KRISTA: Oh! Are you with Judy?

CHIOMA: Yeah. I came to spend some time with her

KRISTA: babe, are you pregnant?

CHIOMA: hahahaha! Why do you ask?

KRISTA: the picture you posted yesterday… your face looks all swollen

CHIOMA: ermmm! Hehehehe. I am eight months gone

KRISTA: wow! Mr Ambrose is very fertile, I must say

CHIOMA: hahaha! We both are?

KRISTA: so where exactly does Judy live because I might come to Nigeria any time from now

CHIOMA: she lives in Federal Housing Estate. Number 43 Ahmadu Bello street.

KRISATA; alright, I’ll visit soon. Take care of You, hun.

CHIOMA: do same. Bye!

JUDITH: Chy, food is ready.

CHIOMA: guess who called?

JUDITH: Ambrose? Deric? Mama?

CHIOMA: no way! Krista called

JUDITH: wow! Haven’t seen her in ages.

CHIOMA: she said she will be visiting soon

JUDITH: that would be super!

CHIOMA: Judy, tell me what you think about this. Actually , let me put it this way. Would you marry your best friend’s husband if she asked you to?

JUDITH: huh? I dey mad?

CHIOMA: so if she pleads with you to marry her husband if she dies because you are the only person she trusts to properly look after her kids, you won’t?

JUDITH: that’s a tricky one. It depends on a lot of things. But come On! Where is this weird one coming from!

CHIOMA: I was just chatting with Funmi before Krista called and she was telling me her best friend recently passed away and had pleaded with her never to allow any other woman look after her children.

JUDITH: who is Funmi?

CHIOMA: come on now! You don’t remember any body do ya! She was one of the prettiest girls in our class in high school

JUDITH: ermm. I don’t remember her but in her shoes, I would need a good dose of fasting and prayer to see what baba God would say about that.
It’s a really tough one because people might even accuse her of killing her best friend so she could marry her husband.

CHIOMA: people will always talk, darling. We must all learn to do what is right regardless of what anyone has to say about it. At the end of the day, you are doing it out of a pure heart and that’s all that matters. But like you said, it’s a difficult one

DERIC: Mama, good morning. How are you?

MADAM NNENA : still alive

DERIC: when did they put this drip. The other one was almost finished when I left last night?

MADAM NNENA: she put it in the early hours of this morning.

DERIC: your poor skin all punctured. I wish I could take all these pains away from you and have them!?

MADAM NNENA: shushhhh! No tears, no crying. You are doing your best and that’s enough for me

DERIC: I brought you some vegetable soup.

MADAM NNENA: I’ll have it later. The doctor wants to see you.

DERIC: doctor Ikenna?

MADAM NNENA: no. This one came last night. A very young and petite lady. She has been very nice to me. She said she would like to speak to you when you come.

DERIC: I hope all is well? Where is her office?

MADAM NNENA: first floor. Room 4

DERIC: okay. I’ll go see her now. I’ll be right back, mum.?‍️?‍️?‍️

MADAM NNENA: alright, son.

DERIC: 

XANDRA: come in!

DERIC:? hello, I am Deric, Nnenna’s son

XANDRA: I am Xandra with an X. I had to say that because people call me Sandra but that’s not my name. I am Alexandra.

DERIC: Oh I see. Nice to meet You, Xandra ?

XANDRA: please take a seat. What’s going On? Why are you doing nothing about your mum’s health?

DERIC: phew!! I’m doing everything I know how to. But my best is not good enough.

XANDRA: I’m gonna be honest with You; mum is not getting any better. She needs to be flown abroad.
I wish I didn’t have to say this, but we do not have the right equipment and medications here. I feel very sad seeing such a lovely lady full of life suffer daily with little or nothing being done to help her

DERIC: ??? I wish it was transferable. I’ll take it from her. That woman has done so much for me and it’s killing me that I can’t help her???

XANDRA: how much do you have?

DERIC: sixty thousand

XANDRA: hehehe! You know what? See me tomorrow at 8 o’clock before I go home.

DERIC: i will. Thanks, doctor

XANDRA: pleasure! Bye.

To be continued

THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 25

DERIC: you have been worried and glued to your laptop lately. Hope all is well?

CHARLOTTE: all is well, Thanks!

DERIC: anyway, I’m out to see my mum. The doctor wants to see me at 8.

CHARLOTTE: say hi to her. I might see her over the weekend.

DERIC: it’s up to you!

(A few minutes after Deric left, Charlotte quickly got dressed and went to Nina’s house. They had already planned to go and confront Mr Adrian in his house.)

CHARLOTTE: 

NINA: (opens the door) come in?

CHARLOTTE: you look dead already! Calm down babe! It’s not the end of the world and by the way, he might be lying! Let’s get the test done first!

NINA: nobody jokes with a thing like that. God where are You!

CHARLOTTE: please leave God out of this. We can’t be doing everything God asks us not to do and not expect consequences. But honestly, Adrian is wicked! How could he do such a thing!

NINA: if I’m honest, he did suggest we use protection but I refused because I wanted to get pregnant for him since he said he was single. So he’s not that wicked.

CHARLOTTE: same here! He asked to use condom but girl! I wanted the real thing since Deric hadn’t touched me in a donkeys years!
Please get dressed let’s go

(Charlotte and Nina got to Mr Adrian’s residence but the entire place was locked so they decided to go to the office to speak with him. When they got to his office, they saw Jaykob instead!)

NINA: what are you doing here!

JAYKOB: you two were meant to be on annual leave by my records. So what are you doing here?

CHARLOTTE: where is Mr Adrian?

JAYKOB: seriously???? How long have you been off that you do not know that Mr Adrian has gone back to France!

NINA: you are kidding right???

JAYKOB: nah. That’s why I was sent back here

CHARLOTTE: ???

JAYKOB: is everything alright?

NINA: ermm, he owes us.

JAYKOB: put it in writing and say what the debt is about and the company will pay.

CHARLOTTE: Okay, Thanks. Nina let’s leave please.?‍️?‍️?‍️

JAYKOB: bye ladies

CHARLOTTE: Nina let’s go straight to the hospital

NINA: I’m petrified! I don’t want to know. I’m going home??? Charlotte i am doomed!

CHARLOTTE: HIV is just like asthma. As long as you take your meds, you will be alright! Let’s take things easy and confirm first. We can always support each other! We got ourselves into this mess.
I wish I had remained faithful to Deric!

NINA: so he has the virus too if you have it

CHARLOTTE: for where! He hasn’t even as much as kissed me since I came back. Some nights I wake up and find him on the floor snoring away. He acts as if I disgust him .

NINA: well, now is the time to infect him! Someone gave it to us so we will pass it around! I swear to God! Any man that comes my way now will get it including that stupid Jaykob!

XANDRA: you look like you didn’t sleep all night. What’s the matter?

DERIC: how can I sleep knowing that my mum is constantly in pain!

XANDRA: did you have breakfast before coming?

DERIC: no. I had to leave early to beat the traffic

XANDRA: have you seen your mum?

DERIC: yes. I saw her first. Albeit briefly

XANDRA: do you mind coming to the coffee shop down the road with me?

DERIC: Not at all.

XANDRA: can you drive?

DERIC: hehehe! Good question. I probably have been driving before you were born

XANDRA: excuse You! Do you know how old I am??

DERIC: above 25 and below 28.

XANDRA: don’t be fooled by my stature, I am a little over 30

DERIC: you must be a vampire then!

XANDRA: how old are you?

DERIC: that age where you are considered a fool forever if you are a fool at that stage of your life

XANDRA: still a boy!

DERIC: hey! Watch it! You should be calling me uncle, you know.

XANDRA: hahahaha! Uncle Deric, you are a careful driver. Well done

DERIC: Thanks, smallie?

(XANDRA ordered a breakfast of omelette, bacon and cheese and a cup of hot chocolate for himself and same for Deric. So they spoke as they ate)

DERIC: you didn’t tell me you were taking me out on a date.

XANDRA: hehehe. Well, you need the break. I know how hard it must be for you watching your mum suffer.

DERIC: I feel less of a man. I feel like committing suicide

XANDRA: what about your kids? Who will look after them if you die?

DERIC: I have no children!

XANDRA: a wife?

DERIC;? I’d rather not talk about it.

XANDRA: that’s absolutely fine. Anyways, I contacted a UK doctor friend of over the cost of mum’s treatment and he told me it will cost approximately 7.5 million . I have made a deposit towards that and would pay the rest after the treatment.
You need to run around for a visa. I’ll give you a supporting letter so they give you an emergency medical visa

DERIC: you are joking , ain’t You?

XANDRA: not something I do so often. We might as well buy your mum some breakfast.

DERIC: I am dumbfounded. I don’t know what to say to you right now????

XANDRA: awwwwa! Look at You! Come get a hug!

DERICSad hugs her)

To be continued

THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 26

CHARLOTTE: good morning, Deric. Can I talk to You?

DERIC: I’m listening.

CHARLOTTE: would I be asking for too much if I ask you to make eye contact?

DERIC: hmmm! Alright! I’m looking at you!

CHARLOTTE: Deric, I know I haven’t been the best wife to you. I haven’t supported you as much as you supported me when I had nothing. I have failed in my duty as a wife and friend to You, but I want to make amends.
Deric, I wish to work with you to restore our marriage and rekindle our love

DERIC: Charlotte, I would never believe in a million years that you would do this to me. You used to be my best friend, the sister I never had and my wife.
Things went downhill and you changed so much. I can’t see the woman I fell in love with
My mum has been in the hospital for one month now and you haven’t seen her for once!

CHARLOTTE: I’m so sorry?? I don’t know what came over me. Please I want you back. I want us back. I’m willing to do anything. Just anything!

DERIC: Charlotte, have you ever cheated on me?

CHARLOTTE: the truth and the whole truth is that I never did. At a point, I wanted to because I was sex starved, but the moment I got into the hotel premesis, I lost every interest and came back here. I would swear if you want me to

DERIC: you don’t need to. I had thought you cheated when you went to China with your manager that’s why I have been the way I am with you. And couldn’t get myself to make love to you

CHARLOTTE: please can we go somewhere nice and renew our vows. All expenses on me

DERIC: girl! My mum is poorly in the hospital. I can’t leave her and go on holiday!

CHARLOTTE: just for 2 days. As soon as I come back, I’ll become her primary carer so that you can have a breather.

DERIC: nah! We can go after we come back from London.

CHARLOTTE: do you still love me?

DERIC: as much as I do the first time I set my eyes on You, baby!

CHARLOTTE: have you forgiven me?

DERIC: sure. We Good!

CHARLOTTE: why not show me instead of telling me.??

DERIC: ???(phone rings???) hang on, babe!
Hello…. Hello??

XANDRA: Hello, this is doctor Xandra here.

DERIC: Hello, doctor. Is everything Alright?

XANDRA: ermm, could you come to the hospital, Please?

CHARLOTTE: what happened to my mum!???

XANDRA: ermm, just come down. She is fine. Just come down as soon as you can

DERIC: right away! (Drops the phone) babe! I need to go to the hospital. I don’t think everything is okay

CHARLOTTE: oh no! Do you want me to come with You?

DERIC: nah! See you soon(grabs the car keys and zooms off????

(Deric got to the hospital and went straight to Xandra’s office panting rather heavily)

DERIC: where is my mum!

XANDRA: she is fine. Sit down, please

DERIC: I can’t sit down without seeing my mum!

XANDRA: right then! Let’s go see her

(Deric and Xandra went to see Nnenna and indeed she was okay and actually slept well. Deric was then settled and ready to speak with Xandra)

DERIC: I’m ready to speak to you now, doctor

XANDRA: now you believe me! Mummy’s boy!

DERIC: hehehehe! Actually, I am mummy’s baby boy

(They went back to Xandra’s office and Deric sat down ready to listen to her)

DERIC: so what’s happening to mum?

XANDRA: would you like a cup of coffee of anything ?

DERIC: I don’t want none of that. Why was I called?

XANDRA: truth is that, I don’t even know?

DERIC: get serious, will You!

XANDRA: I am. I…i ..I don’t know! I just felt the need to call you. That’s all.

DERIC: wait let me get this right! My mother is ill under your care, all of a sudden you decided to call me in emergency only for me to leave my wife, got here and it was all some jokes???

XANDRA: I’m sorry if I scared you. I didn’t mean to. It was a stupid thing to do and I sincerely apologise. Probably because I won’t see you for a week as I will be working in our Wuse branch for the rest of the week.

DERIC: Xandra, regardless of what you feel for me, you must be sensible. Do not let go of your professionalism. What you did is totally unprofessional and if reported, could earn you a formal warning or dismissal .
I was with my wife when you called, you know!
What do you expect me to tell her? That some excited doctor wanted to see me for the sake of it??
Come on! You are better than this. Or should be better than this!
Don’t let this happen again! I’m outta here!

XANDRA: I apologise.

DERIC: keep that apology!?‍️?‍️?‍️(starts calling Charlotte????)

CHARLOTTE:????Hello, babe! Is everything okay?

DERIC: yea. They just wanted me to sign for mum to be placed on morphine for her pains

CHARLOTTE: oh thank God! Well, I am out of the house to see Nina. She is poorly but I left your breakfast in the fridge. See you tonight. Love you!

DERIC: love you too, wifey!

(Charlotte got to Nina’s house and she was already waiting for her. They had done HIV test 2 days ago and was asked to come for the results today)

NINA: where is your car?

CHARLOTTE: Deric has it.

NINA: so how are we supposed to get to Wuse?

CHARLOTTE: your car is still not fixed?

NINA: nah

CHARLOTTE: let’s get a cab then.

(They got to the hospital, sat in the waiting room waiting to be called. After a while, the doctor came out…)

DOCTOR: Mrs Deric come in, please

CHARLOTTE & NINA:?‍️?‍️

DOCTOR: sorry, ladies but I can only see one person at a time. Unless you don’t mind

NINA: we don’t. We are friends

DOCTOR: just to let you know that the information I have for you is personal and confidential. Do you still not mind?

CHARLOTTE &NINA: we don’t!

Doctor: alright ladies. Have a seat. My name is doctor Xandra and I’ve got the result of your HIV tests…
Erm, it’s not a great news but it’s not so bad either. The tests show that both of you have got the HIV virus

NINA: Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!?‍️

CHARLOTTE: hieeeeee?‍️

DOCTOR XANDRA: erm ladies, you need to calm down. Since it is not a full blown AIDS yet, you can enjoy a good life as long as you take your tablets religiously. It doesn’t stop you from doing anything at all. It is just like living with any other illness. So no need to panic

CHARLOTTE: chineke mooooo hieeee!

NINA:???? Charlotte, let’s get out of here….

To be continued

THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 27

DERIC: I had thought we would spend the day together since we were too drunk to do anything last night. Where are you getting dressed to go to?

CHARLOTTE: awww! I understand but Nina is so ill the doctors want her to come get some medications today and she can’t go alone

DERIC: is Nina more important than our goal of saving our marriage? I’m sure she can get herself there by cab

CHARLOTTE: you want me to stay with you?

DERIC: please….It’s actually been so long and that shit is not easy.

CHARLOTTE: okay. Let me text her (Picks up her phone)

??
Hey, babe. Sorry can’t make it
Deric is ‘excited’ please get me
Some of the tablets and I’ll take
Them when I come to work tomorrow

*deletes text from sent item**

CHARLOTTE: I’ve texted her, let me undress and come to you, okay?

DERIC: please. Can’t wait any longer (phone rings)
Ha! This little witch again!
(Picks up the phone) hello! …..hello, doctor Xandra can you hear me

XANDRA: ??hello, good morning. Immigration has just gotten back to us. They seem to have no problem with our application but you’ve actually failed to include your mum’s passport in the documents you were asked to submit. They want that immediately so they can grant her application.
I am not supposed to be here this morning. Like I told you I am in Wuse all week so if you can pop in as soon as possible, that will be great.

DERIC: oh blimey! How did I even forget it. I got it all when I went to her house in Lagos and I have it here! I’ll make my way immediately please. Thanks, doctor

XANDRA: one more thing! Could you also bring some food for her as she complained of being very hungry and didn’t eat last night. Thanks

DERIC: oh My! I believed she had some food left

XANDRA: well, she said otherwise. Please be fast I need to leave here as soon as possible. Thanks.
Bye ???????

CHARLOTTE: ?who was that?

DERIC: I made a very silly mistake in the application! I failed to include her passport! I need to take it to them right away.

CHARLOTTE: don’t be hard on yourself. You have been all over the place so it’s not uncommon to get things wrong.
Quickly drop it off and come back to your girl. That will even afford me the time to make us some breakfast with lots of strawberries and creamy chocolate….you know what I mean…*winks*

DERIC: that’s a familiar language, babe! I need some candy part of the M&N chocolate in my life *winks

CHARLOTTE: hehehe things are getting too raunchy here. Start going before circumstances beyond our control stop you.

DERIC: you are right! I must go now! (Jumps out of bed, gets dressed and drives off)

DERIC: I am so so sorry, mama! Never knew you had no dinner when I left. Dont know how I made such mistake!

MADAM NNENA: don’t kill yourself. I knew you must have been busy to remember so I didn’t bother to call you.
If my doctor friend was on duty last night, she would have bought me some food, but some other doctor worked last night, so i drank enough water and slept

DERIC: I’m sorry nnem. I and Charlotte went shopping for your travelling. You know it’s cold in London so you need some thick jackets, gloves and hats

MADAM NNENA: I can’t believe Charlotte hasn’t come to see me or even called. Thinking of it breaks my heart. It just shows where placed me in her life. This is a girl I love so much and treats like my own daughter?

DERIC: mama, we are going to stop the tears now and focus on you getting well. Charlotte has been busy with work and putting money together for your medical bills

MADAM NNENA: don’t lie to me, Deric! Xandra is picking up the bills!

DERIC : ermm, yes she is….but we need other things. But not to worry, she’ll come see you tomorrow. I got you some peppersoup and white rice. Get up and eat before it gets cold while I go see the doctor.
(Goes to Xandra’s office and found her waiting)

So so sorry to keep you!

XANDRA: no problems. Got it?

DERIC: yes. Here.

XANDRA: thanks (puts it in her bag and tries to walk out)

DERIC: (gently pulls her back)

XANDRA: what are you doing! Get your hands off me!!!?

DERIC: why are you being dismissive? Okay! I apologise for the way I spoke to you the other day. Come on! We can’t be enemies!
I had a bad day that day. I didn’t mean to hurt you, okay?….I said I am sorry!!!

XANDRA: ?just let me go, please

DERIC: not with those teary eyes. I said I am sorry, please. I was wrong. I was harsh and I regret it all!

XANDRA: apologies accepted. Let me go now. I’m running late for work. I need to be in Wuse within an hour.

DERIC: I’ll drop you

XANDRA: no. I’ll get an uber

DERIC: I insist.

XANDRA: okay!

(Deric and Xandra got into the car and drove off. as they approached a quiet path, Deric slowed down….)

XANDRA: I have 20 minutes to get to work! Can you please drive this car. Thanks!

DERIC: I’m actually looking for a good spot to park

XANDRA: what for?

DERIC: I need us to talk

XANDRA: you don’t get it. Do you! I am running late for work and you are looking for a good spot to park so we can talk! What is wrong with you!

DERIC: curiosity. (parks the car and turns off the ignition) tell me, who are you?

XANDRA: doctor Xandra Ekeh!

DERIC: where do you get your super powers from?

XANDRA: what do you mean?

DERIC: are you jealous of my wife at all? Why do you always call when I am about to make love to her?

XANDRA: what a load of rubbish! Mtcheew! Why would I be jealous of a woman I don’t even know! A woman you are not even proud to talk about.
Probably an ugly woman. Mtcheew!

DERIC: hehehehe! My wife is actually very beautiful. She looks mixed because her mum is from the fulani tribe and her dad is Igbo. Nobody believes she is purely Nigerian.
She has curly long hair and just the figure every woman dreams of.
Actually, let me show you a picture! (brings up a picture of Charlotte on his screen and shows to Xandra )
Here is my babe?

XANDRA: *shocked* huh????? Oh my God! No way!!! Lord Jesus! Deric you must drop me to work right now, please!

DERIC: hahaha! You ain’t seen nothing yet. She’s actually prettier in person. Cameras don’t do her justice

XANDRA: when was the last time you slept with her?

DERIC: about 4 months ago. That’s only because we went through some crises but we are trying to put everything behind us now and move on. Yeah! I admit I am sex starved but I would rather starve than get it somewhere else and that’s the reason it appears I am blind to your advances..

XANDRA: I didn’t want to tell you this but i won’t forgive myself if I don’t. You must be by your mother’s side constantly until she travels. I checked her vitals this morning and I am very concerned.
I don’t want you to miss an important moment in your life. Take me outta here!

DERIC: Jesus Christ! Xandra! What’s happening to my mum???

XANDRA: well, you need to be a man now and do as you have been told! Enough of the cry baby rubbish!

(Deric dropped Xandra off and drove back to the hospital to stay with her mum as advised by Xandra. He also called Charlotte to inform her that he will not be coming home any time soon.

Xandra got to work and decided to speak to her manager about Charlotte and Deric’s case)

DOCTOR KEN: I’m surprised you are even asking this question. Come on Xandra, you are smarter than this!
Patient’s confidentiality is paramount! You cannot disclose or discuss a patient’s health history with any other person, regardless of his or her relationship with the patient, without the patient’s consent!

XANDRA: but he is my friend!

MR KEN: when you signed up for this job, I’m sure you were told we leave our emotions at home when we come to work, and throw them in the bin when we have to make decisions!. Go back to duty, please.
Your licence to practice is at stake..
Have a nice day!

JUDITH:????hello… hello… who’s calling???

CALLER: hello! My name is doctor Richards Peters. I am calling from the accident and emergency unit of st Geralds private hospital. Do you have a minute?

JUDITH: yes, I do. How can I help?

CALLER: do you know one Ms Chioma?

JUDITH: oh my Jesus! Is she okay? Yes, I Do!!

CALLER: erm, you need to stay calm, please. She was brought in by a good Samaritan. From what we were told, she was knocked down by a car whilst trying to cross the road. And she sustained very serious injuries to her head and possibly to other parts of her body
When she was brought to us, she was still conscious and gave us your number.
After a while she became unconscious and we had to induce coma. She is currently on induced coma but we are concerned about the baby as it is becoming weak.
We must induce labour as quickly as possible to save the baby.
We need someone to sign for it before we proceed. Since she mentioned you earlier, we thought it wise to contact you.

JUDITH: Jesus Christ the righteous!!!! Chioma, please don’t do this to me!!! Hieeee!!! What are they talking about!!

CALLER: hello…..hello…

JUDITH: I am on my way o!! Jesus o!

THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 29

Ambrose went back to Lagos and informed Madam Nkechi what had happened to Chioma. She insisted on going with him to Abuja to stay with her.
All his efforts to stop her was abortive, so they both came back to the hospital.
When Madam Nkechi saw her daughter, she cried her heart out but the doctors told her she would be sent out of the ward if she continued to cry.
She stopped the noise, but couldn’t stop the tears….

MR AMBROSE: mama what are you trying to do?

MADAM NKECHI: I want to give her a strip wash?

MR AMBROSE: don’t worry mama, I’ll do that but only after the doctors have have done their morning routine with her.

MADAM NKECHI: hmmmm! My strong girl is now being washed like a kid???
God!!!! The God of widows please come to my aid. Restore my daughter. I don’t want any other result??

MR AMBROSE: it’s okay mama, she’ll be fine.

JUDITH: Good morning, mama

MADAM NKECHI: good morning o! I can’t thank you enough for all you did and still doing for my dauhter. May God bless you ??

JUDITH: the only blessing I need from God is to see my friend back on her feet. I don’t want anything else?

MADAM NKECHI: he has no option o! Hmmmm. Chioma you looked forward to this child, now he is here and you can’t even hold him!???

JUDITH: mama, I’ve come to pick you up let’s go to my house so you freshen up, eat and get some sleep then we come back

MADAM NKECHI: hehehe! Me eat??? Joke! I have no appetite my dear. With my little girl like this? No, nne. Thank you. I will be here looking into her face until God does something.?

MR AMBROSE: Mama, please go with her. The doctors will be here soon and they will send all of us out anyways, So they can do whatever they need to do with her and it takes about thirty minutes daily.

DOCTOR: (walks in) good morning, everyone.

MR AMBROSE: good morning, doctor

DOCTOR: ummm! Lots of sad and teary faces here! Not sure I’ve met you ?(referring to Madam Nkechi)

MR AMBROSE: she is my mother in law. She came with me on Saturday

MADAM NKECHI: (kneels in front of the doctor and held his legs) please my son, save my daughter. Her father died when she was only five and since then, she has been my only friend, daughter and the essence of my existence.
We went through a lot together.
She hawked with Me, cried with me when her uncles persecuted us so much. She lived on the streets of Lagos with me for six months before we could pay for a place.
I managed to send her abroad to study because her father always said he would send her abroad because she was very brilliant. She came back with a first class and has since then brought me nothing but Joy and fulfilment.
She gave me two beautiful grand daughters and now a grand son.
Tell me what life would be without her???
Please my son, don’t let it happen???
Don’t let my world crumble?

DOCTOR: phewwwwww! This is the part of this job I hate! Mama, I wish I can make you any promises than to assure you that I and my colleagues will do everything we can to help her. But the decision on what the outcome would be, lies in the hands of fate.

Erm, Mr Ambrose, the nurses will come around soon and get her ready for the surgery. Unfortunately, the fluids have not drained from the report I read from the doctors who worked last night. A brain surgery has become mandatory.
Just to remind you that this is a six hour surgery. So you may want to go home and get some rest and come back.
There’s no need hanging around. The baby has been washed and fed. But we will bring him to his mum and place him on her chest for at least 10 minutes before we take her to the operating theatre. This we do daily so they can be bonding. Very essential.
Yeah! So, the nurses will be here soon!

MR AMBROSE: doctor, when are you going to give me the letter she wrote then?

DOCTOR: ermmm, the thing is This, she left an instruction on what must happen before we give you the letter. She also left one for her mum and Judith.
There are two conditions to that. She said if any of those conditions are met, then we can hand you the letters. So far, none of those has happened. Sorry I didn’t read that before now. A colleague of mine who locked it away that day we couldn’t find It, told me of the conditions.

MR AMBROSE: what are the conditions?

DOCTOR: I’m afraid, I can’t tell you that. I need to go now. Please do whatever you have to do quickly. The nurses will be here Soon ?‍️

MR AMBROSE: mama, we need to leave now. Both of you can go, I’ll hang around.

JUDITH: let’s say a quick prayer?

You are the Lord, the God
Of all flesh and there is
Nothing too hard for you
I know you are able to
Do exceeding, abundantly
Above all we can think
Or imagine
Lord I present my friend
Before you. I ask for nothing
But your grace to pull through
You have answered me in the
Past. Come and do your
Miracle once again
Use the doctors, Lord!
Hold their hands as they
Operate on her
Chioma, I immerse
You in the precious blood
Of Jesus! I declare you
Shall not die but live
To declare the goodness
Of God. We shall see you
Again soon. We shall speak
With you.
We nullify every plans of the
Enemy we bring into subjection
Anything that raises its head above
The knowledge of God!
Jesus! Be glorified in her life
Jesus! Take over from this moment!
In Jesus name I pray!

MR AMBROSE/MADAM NKECHI: Amen!

MADAM NKECHI: Amen!!!!???
(Touching her face) my beautiful, you must come out alive for mama, alright? You remember all out plans, right? We will go on our holiday in December. Don’t make mummy Sad, o nwam? Remember, mummy will be left alone in this whole wide world if anything happens to you.
Kick death on the butt and come back to mama. Same way you used to beat up other kids when you were a kid. Remember your kids eh? Tatiana will ask questions and I can’t answer them. You must….

NURSES: hello! Sorry we need to get her ready for surgery

MR AMBROSE: (bends over her and kissed her) I love you, baby. You got This, yeah. I’ll be outside the theatre waiting to have you back. I love you.?

JUDITH: (kisses her forehead) Chy, don’t keep me waiting for too long. Love you.?

MADAM NKECHI: (Hugs her) ????? take me in there with her!!!????

NURSES: sorry, ma’am but you all have to leave now.

(Ambrose held her by her arm and they all Walked to the car park)

MR AMBROSE: drive carefully, Judith and do get some rest yourself

JUDITH: please come with us. You can come back after you’ve had coffee

MR AMBROSE: nah! I’ll be alright?

JUDITH: and you need to be strong. The more mama sees you like This, the more she cries!

MR AMBROSE: I’m strong..??
Bye!?‍️

To be continued

THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 28

JUDITH: Hello, my name is Judy, can I speak with Mr Ambrose, please?

Mr AMBROSE: Yes, how can I help?

JUDITH: well, your wife has just put to bed. Does that mean anything to you at all?

MR AMBROSE: Oh my God! Chioma? Where…Where is she??? When? Who are you and where do you stay?

JUDITH: she’s been living with me

MR AMBROSE: but I have been calling the number they gave me in London when I went looking for her there!

JUDITH: Oh! I lost my phone last week so I changed my number.

MR AMBROSE: I’m getting ready. Can I speak with her???

JUDITH: ermm, no. Actually, Chioma had an accident and labour was induced. She was also induced into coma…So…yeah …(starts crying)

MR AMBROSE: excuse me! Why are you crying? Is my wife alive? Hian! Which hospital is she in?

JUDITH: when you get to Abuja, give me a call

(Judith went back to where Chioma was lying and started talking to her even when she was not responding)

JUDITH: Chy, please keep fighting. You have a gorgeous little boy to nurse. Please don’t give up. Remember your daughters. I know they mean so much to you.
Refuse to die, my love please. I know you can hear me but can’t respond
Fight this, darling please. Your son needs a mother. I can’t do it, babe please. Hold on tight ???

(Mr Ambrose arrived at the hospital a few hours after speaking with Judith. Judith introduced him to the doctors and they allowed him to go see her)

MR AMBROSE: don’t tell me this is my wife! Now this is beginning to feel like a nightmare. Can I be woken up from this, now!!!!!

DOCTOR: I’m sorry sir, but you must keep your voice down. For her sake and the sake of other patients. Thanks.

MR AMBROSE: what happened to her?

DOCTOR: she was hit by a car

MR AMBROSE: and then!

DOCTOR: unfortunately, her spinal cord is broken and she also sustained brain injuries. As we speak, there is a lot of fluid in her brains and we are hoping they drain without us opening the skull. That is usually our last resort as it is not always a great idea.
We induced coma so she can be relaxed and see if the fluid drains. If by Sunday, nothing positive happens, we are going to have to carry out brain surgeries , I’m afraid.
I’m sure you know she was pregnant when the accident happened. Fortunately, we were able to save the baby. He is in the neonatal unit. Doing rather fantastic and eating a lot hehe

MR AMBROSE: (hits his head) uhhuuu! My head is spinning! I can’t make sense of anything! Is she going to be fine??

DOCTOR: ermmm, I wish I can answer that but we will do our very best. Unfortunately though, she may never walk unaided because of her spine

MR AMBROSE: I don’t care whether she walks with the aid of 10 men or becomes a vegetable all I want is the life of my wife! Give me a letter, I am flying her abroad, please!

DOCTOR: sure! If you think that is a good idea. I am a UK trained doctor myself and as you know, we are the best in the country. Ninety percent of our doctors studied abroad and we give the same quality of care they render abroad. But it’s up to you anyway

MR AMBROSE: (kneels by Chioma’s bed) baby please? life without you has been miserable. Nothing is the same anymore.
This was my fault.?????I did this to you, Chy????
I’m asking just one thing from you, stay???? stay, please baby. Stay for Shasha. Stay for Tatiana. Stay for our home. Stay for me.
I promise to treat the child like mine

Please, my girl, stay????( prostrates on the floor and began to wail)

JUDITH: that’s enough, sir please. You need to pull yourself together. Instead of crying, talk to God about your wife.

MR AMBROSE: I can’t ????? I want her to say a word to me..or just some facial expression. I want a reaction. Look how swollen she is. My wife is in so much pain!

DOCTOR: ermm, sir, after seeing the baby, I’ll like to have a word with you privately, please.

JUDITH: stand up sir, let’s go see the baby

(Judith held Mr Ambrose and took him to where the baby was. Because he was very unstable on his feet.)

JUDITH: that’s him

MR AMBROSE: ?????

JUDITH: are you okay, sir?

MR AMBROSE: the Mark! The…mark? that Mark (starts taking off his shirt)

JUDITH: excuse me sir! You are undressing! Jesus what is happening!

MR AMBROSE: (pointing to his birth Mark which looks exactly like the one on the baby and is situated right on the same spot above his belly button)

JUDITH: what!!!! I knew she didn’t lie to me!!!???? Chioma, God has vindicated you! That was your prayer day and night while you were in my house!! Wake up and see the salvation of the Lord!! Chioma wake up!!!!!!!!!?????
The defender of the defenceless has defended you!
The righteous judge has acquitted you! You are guiltless! All charges dropped!
Who can condemn whom he acquits!!!
Chioma, it’s time to arise and shine for the glory of the Lord is risen upon you!
It is not time to lay motionless on that bed???
My friend is innocent.

MR AMBROSE: (with shakey hands, lifted the baby) Im sorry, son?? I’ll spend the rest of my life apologising to you. You are so perfect, my son. Oh your big sisters will love you! ??
You are mine. I am your daddy???? forgive me, son.
I shouldn’t have believed a lie???. Thank you for choosing me. I’ll do everything humanly possible to save mummy. May your God, the God of the innocent save mummy for your sake??

JUDITH: sir, stop bathing him with tears, please. They pick up emotions quite quick. And the doctor is waiting to see you.

MR AMBROSE: I’ll take him to the doctor’s office with me.

(Judith went back to where Chioma was and Mr Ambrose took the baby with him Into the doctors office)

DOCTOR: awwww! Isn’t he such a bundle of joy and he is the spitting image of you!

MR AMBROSE: (opens his shirt to reveal his birth Mark) Look, he got that from me.

DOCTOR: what a wonder! Nature carried out a DNA test and handed you the result. This is the most authentic DNA result. Ours is 99.9% accurate, this one is 100% accurate.

Erm, sir you need to put yourself together. I understand how difficult it is for you especially because of the things that happened before this. Please stay strong for your kids

MR AMBROSE: she is my strength, I can’t be strong when she is weak.

DOCTOR: phewww! Tough! Ermmm, when she was brought here, she was conscious for up to an hour or so. Having perfect conversation whilst we cleaned her up until she started vomiting and became unconscious.
She did ask for a pen and paper and she wrote you and the baby a letter..

MR AMBROSE: ????

DERIC: good morning Xandra

XANDRA: morning. How did mama sleep last night?

DERIC: not very well. Are you working here today?

XANDRA: yes. Why didn’t she sleep well last night?

DERIC: she was running temperature all night

XANDRA: I’ll bring her some tablets in a minute

DERIC: please do. Also, immigration got back to me and they have granted her visa. But my wife wants to come with us and you only wrote my name as the person she is travelling with. Is it possible to get a letter from you, naming my wife as someone mama will be travelling with too, please?

XANDRA: I will write no such letter!

DERIC: why are you full of hatred towards a woman who did nothing to you! I married her because I met her long before you!
What exactly is your problem!

XANDRA: Deric, I’m done with this conversation. I have ward round and I am going now. See you later!?‍

airtime on his phone to make the call, so he decided to walk down the road to get some

On return, he saw one of the six doctors that went into the theatre for the operation by the gate smoking.
He didnt make much of it since it was just one person out of six. He thought maybe he needed a break.
Also, it wasn’t the doctor they had been dealing with so he didn’t bother asking him the situation of things.
But as he walked towards the hallway to the theatre, he saw the doctor they had been dealing with. He had no gloves on and was not wearing his coat….

MR AMBROSE: doctor! How is she? Are you done? How was it? Successful, right?

DOCTOR: ermmm, please come with me to my office

MR AMBROSE: I’ll come of course but tell me the situation of things? Why are you all out? It’s not six hours yet? I only went down the road to get some credit to check up on my kids in Abuja. How is my wife?

DOCTOR: ermmm, she is resting. Please come to my office.

MR AMBROSE: she is resting….oh! That sounds great! Meaning the surgery was successful and she is resting. Phewww! Now I can have a glass of water. I knew she would pull through! Never seen a woman so strong yet so soft! Can I see her?

DOCTOR: you will, in a moment but please can I have a word with you in my office, first?

MR AMBROSE: sure! (Follows him to his office)

DOCTOR: please take a seat.

MR AMBROSE: (sits down) thank You, doctor! I must say you guys are the next most powerful set after God!…

DOCTOR: you see Mr Ambrose, since the day your wife was brought in, I noticed what a wonderful family you have, and when you told me your story, I felt quite bad because I know the trauma and guilt you must be passing through

MR AMBROSE: doctor, I’m happy it’s all coming to an end now. As soon as she wakes up, I’ll ask for her forgiveness and when she is discharged, we will go somewhere nice to renew our wedding vows?

DOCTOR: phewww! This is gonna be hard!

MR AMBROSE: what’s gonna be hard?

DOCTOR: ermm, Mr Ambrose, I’ve been in this profession for 39 years now and believe me, I’ve seen so much deaths and given so much death news, but right now, it feels like the very first time I am doing it

MR AMBROSE: sorry? I…I didn’t understand the last thing you said. Death? News? How?

DOCTOR: phewww! Mr Ambrose, your wife gave up in the middle of the operation. Her heart just stopped. We did CPR for over 30 minutes to no avail. She slept peacefully

MR AMBROSE: heheheh. She slept peacefully? She….she….her heart….she slept peacefully?…..she is resting…none of these make any sense to Ambrose. Now, let’s get serious, shall we! Where is my wife!!!???

DOCTOR: I’m afraid she didn’t make it. Calm down please

MR AMBROSE: Chioma!!! Didn’t make what? I’m not even gonna believe this nonsense you are talking about!
Do you know that she has two other little girls at home aged five and one???
Do you know that she has an aged mother?
Do you know that she has a baby boy who is barely two weeks??
And a husband who did not believe her when she said she was innocent?
Do you know that she tried severely to make peace with me before she came here???
Do you know that I arrested her when our kid went missing?
Do you know that…..
where is my wife?????? Chioma!!! Chioma!! Chioma!!!!!!!! Chioma!!!!!!
No!!!!!! Doctor, No!!!!!!! Jesus No!!!!!!!! Somebody help me!!!! No!!!!!!!!
Tatiana, No!!!!!!!! Shasha!!!!!!????????(lies flat on the floor being rather inconsolable)

DOCTOR: oh dear! You need to take this easy, sir. She tried. Please get up

MR AMBROSE: bring her back!!!!!!?????doctor, bring her back, Please!!! We can’t cope without her. We have kids together!!!! Chioma, Please!!!!!

DOCTOR: sir, you must put yourself together. Very soon your aged mother in law will be here. I’m not even sure I can give her the news seeing how she already was before the surgery. Please you don’t want her to have a heart attack, please sir.

MR AMBROSE: what did you say happened to Chioma? The wife of my youth! My friend, the sister I never had, the mother of my kids! How do I explain this to my children??? Nah! Doctor, I want to speak with her!

DOCTOR : You mean you want to speak to the body?

MR AMBROSE: she is not a body! She is my wife! Don’t you dare! Stop it!

MR AMBROSE: phewww! Okay, I’ll take you there

(They both went into the theatre where Chioma’s body was lying covered in a white sheet. Mr Ambrose quickly removed the sheet over her face)

MR AMBROSE: doctor?

DOCTOR: yes…I’m sorry but we tried

MR AMBROSE: please, leave us now.

DOCTOR: you..you mean you want to spend some time with her?

MR AMBROSE: get out and shut the door behind You!!!

DOCTOR: alright. But please don’t hurt yourself. I’ll be right at the door. (Leaves and shuts the door, but stood right by the door.)
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 28

JUDITH: Hello, my name is Judy, can I speak with Mr Ambrose, please?

Mr AMBROSE: Yes, how can I help?

JUDITH: well, your wife has just put to bed. Does that mean anything to you at all?

MR AMBROSE: Oh my God! Chioma? Where…Where is she??? When? Who are you and where do you stay?

JUDITH: she’s been living with me

MR AMBROSE: but I have been calling the number they gave me in London when I went looking for her there!

JUDITH: Oh! I lost my phone last week so I changed my number.

MR AMBROSE: I’m getting ready. Can I speak with her???

JUDITH: ermm, no. Actually, Chioma had an accident and labour was induced. She was also induced into coma…So…yeah …(starts crying)

MR AMBROSE: excuse me! Why are you crying? Is my wife alive? Hian! Which hospital is she in?

JUDITH: when you get to Abuja, give me a call

(Judith went back to where Chioma was lying and started talking to her even when she was not responding)

JUDITH: Chy, please keep fighting. You have a gorgeous little boy to nurse. Please don’t give up. Remember your daughters. I know they mean so much to you.
Refuse to die, my love please. I know you can hear me but can’t respond
Fight this, darling please. Your son needs a mother. I can’t do it, babe please. Hold on tight ???

(Mr Ambrose arrived at the hospital a few hours after speaking with Judith. Judith introduced him to the doctors and they allowed him to go see her)

MR AMBROSE: don’t tell me this is my wife! Now this is beginning to feel like a nightmare. Can I be woken up from this, now!!!!!

DOCTOR: I’m sorry sir, but you must keep your voice down. For her sake and the sake of other patients. Thanks.

MR AMBROSE: what happened to her?

DOCTOR: she was hit by a car

MR AMBROSE: and then!

DOCTOR: unfortunately, her spinal cord is broken and she also sustained brain injuries. As we speak, there is a lot of fluid in her brains and we are hoping they drain without us opening the skull. That is usually our last resort as it is not always a great idea.
We induced coma so she can be relaxed and see if the fluid drains. If by Sunday, nothing positive happens, we are going to have to carry out brain surgeries , I’m afraid.
I’m sure you know she was pregnant when the accident happened. Fortunately, we were able to save the baby. He is in the neonatal unit. Doing rather fantastic and eating a lot hehe

MR AMBROSE: (hits his head) uhhuuu! My head is spinning! I can’t make sense of anything! Is she going to be fine??

DOCTOR: ermmm, I wish I can answer that but we will do our very best. Unfortunately though, she may never walk unaided because of her spine

MR AMBROSE: I don’t care whether she walks with the aid of 10 men or becomes a vegetable all I want is the life of my wife! Give me a letter, I am flying her abroad, please!

DOCTOR: sure! If you think that is a good idea. I am a UK trained doctor myself and as you know, we are the best in the country. Ninety percent of our doctors studied abroad and we give the same quality of care they render abroad. But it’s up to you anyway

MR AMBROSE: (kneels by Chioma’s bed) baby please? life without you has been miserable. Nothing is the same anymore.
This was my fault.?????I did this to you, Chy????
I’m asking just one thing from you, stay???? stay, please baby. Stay for Shasha. Stay for Tatiana. Stay for our home. Stay for me.
I promise to treat the child like mine

Please, my girl, stay????( prostrates on the floor and began to wail)

JUDITH: that’s enough, sir please. You need to pull yourself together. Instead of crying, talk to God about your wife.

MR AMBROSE: I can’t ????? I want her to say a word to me..or just some facial expression. I want a reaction. Look how swollen she is. My wife is in so much pain!

DOCTOR: ermm, sir, after seeing the baby, I’ll like to have a word with you privately, please.

JUDITH: stand up sir, let’s go see the baby

(Judith held Mr Ambrose and took him to where the baby was. Because he was very unstable on his feet.)

JUDITH: that’s him

MR AMBROSE: ?????

JUDITH: are you okay, sir?

MR AMBROSE: the Mark! The…mark? that Mark (starts taking off his shirt)

JUDITH: excuse me sir! You are undressing! Jesus what is happening!

MR AMBROSE: (pointing to his birth Mark which looks exactly like the one on the baby and is situated right on the same spot above his belly button)

JUDITH: what!!!! I knew she didn’t lie to me!!!???? Chioma, God has vindicated you! That was your prayer day and night while you were in my house!! Wake up and see the salvation of the Lord!! Chioma wake up!!!!!!!!!?????
The defender of the defenceless has defended you!
The righteous judge has acquitted you! You are guiltless! All charges dropped!
Who can condemn whom he acquits!!!
Chioma, it’s time to arise and shine for the glory of the Lord is risen upon you!
It is not time to lay motionless on that bed???
My friend is innocent.

MR AMBROSE: (with shakey hands, lifted the baby) Im sorry, son?? I’ll spend the rest of my life apologising to you. You are so perfect, my son. Oh your big sisters will love you! ??
You are mine. I am your daddy???? forgive me, son.
I shouldn’t have believed a lie???. Thank you for choosing me. I’ll do everything humanly possible to save mummy. May your God, the God of the innocent save mummy for your sake??

JUDITH: sir, stop bathing him with tears, please. They pick up emotions quite quick. And the doctor is waiting to see you.

MR AMBROSE: I’ll take him to the doctor’s office with me.

(Judith went back to where Chioma was and Mr Ambrose took the baby with him Into the doctors office)

DOCTOR: awwww! Isn’t he such a bundle of joy and he is the spitting image of you!

MR AMBROSE: (opens his shirt to reveal his birth Mark) Look, he got that from me.

DOCTOR: what a wonder! Nature carried out a DNA test and handed you the result. This is the most authentic DNA result. Ours is 99.9% accurate, this one is 100% accurate.

Erm, sir you need to put yourself together. I understand how difficult it is for you especially because of the things that happened before this. Please stay strong for your kids

MR AMBROSE: she is my strength, I can’t be strong when she is weak.

DOCTOR: phewww! Tough! Ermmm, when she was brought here, she was conscious for up to an hour or so. Having perfect conversation whilst we cleaned her up until she started vomiting and became unconscious.
She did ask for a pen and paper and she wrote you and the baby a letter..

MR AMBROSE: ????

DERIC: good morning Xandra

XANDRA: morning. How did mama sleep last night?

DERIC: not very well. Are you working here today?

XANDRA: yes. Why didn’t she sleep well last night?

DERIC: she was running temperature all night

XANDRA: I’ll bring her some tablets in a minute

DERIC: please do. Also, immigration got back to me and they have granted her visa. But my wife wants to come with us and you only wrote my name as the person she is travelling with. Is it possible to get a letter from you, naming my wife as someone mama will be travelling with too, please?

XANDRA: I will write no such letter!

DERIC: why are you full of hatred towards a woman who did nothing to you! I married her because I met her long before you!
What exactly is your problem!

XANDRA: Deric, I’m done with this conversation. I have ward round and I am going now. See you later!?‍

THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 29

Ambrose went back to Lagos and informed Madam Nkechi what had happened to Chioma. She insisted on going with him to Abuja to stay with her.
All his efforts to stop her was abortive, so they both came back to the hospital.
When Madam Nkechi saw her daughter, she cried her heart out but the doctors told her she would be sent out of the ward if she continued to cry.
She stopped the noise, but couldn’t stop the tears….

MR AMBROSE: mama what are you trying to do?

MADAM NKECHI: I want to give her a strip wash?

MR AMBROSE: don’t worry mama, I’ll do that but only after the doctors have have done their morning routine with her.

MADAM NKECHI: hmmmm! My strong girl is now being washed like a kid???
God!!!! The God of widows please come to my aid. Restore my daughter. I don’t want any other result??

MR AMBROSE: it’s okay mama, she’ll be fine.

JUDITH: Good morning, mama

MADAM NKECHI: good morning o! I can’t thank you enough for all you did and still doing for my dauhter. May God bless you ??

JUDITH: the only blessing I need from God is to see my friend back on her feet. I don’t want anything else?

MADAM NKECHI: he has no option o! Hmmmm. Chioma you looked forward to this child, now he is here and you can’t even hold him!???

JUDITH: mama, I’ve come to pick you up let’s go to my house so you freshen up, eat and get some sleep then we come back

MADAM NKECHI: hehehe! Me eat??? Joke! I have no appetite my dear. With my little girl like this? No, nne. Thank you. I will be here looking into her face until God does something.?

MR AMBROSE: Mama, please go with her. The doctors will be here soon and they will send all of us out anyways, So they can do whatever they need to do with her and it takes about thirty minutes daily.

DOCTOR: (walks in) good morning, everyone.

MR AMBROSE: good morning, doctor

DOCTOR: ummm! Lots of sad and teary faces here! Not sure I’ve met you ?(referring to Madam Nkechi)

MR AMBROSE: she is my mother in law. She came with me on Saturday

MADAM NKECHI: (kneels in front of the doctor and held his legs) please my son, save my daughter. Her father died when she was only five and since then, she has been my only friend, daughter and the essence of my existence.
We went through a lot together.
She hawked with Me, cried with me when her uncles persecuted us so much. She lived on the streets of Lagos with me for six months before we could pay for a place.
I managed to send her abroad to study because her father always said he would send her abroad because she was very brilliant. She came back with a first class and has since then brought me nothing but Joy and fulfilment.
She gave me two beautiful grand daughters and now a grand son.
Tell me what life would be without her???
Please my son, don’t let it happen???
Don’t let my world crumble?

DOCTOR: phewwwwww! This is the part of this job I hate! Mama, I wish I can make you any promises than to assure you that I and my colleagues will do everything we can to help her. But the decision on what the outcome would be, lies in the hands of fate.

Erm, Mr Ambrose, the nurses will come around soon and get her ready for the surgery. Unfortunately, the fluids have not drained from the report I read from the doctors who worked last night. A brain surgery has become mandatory.
Just to remind you that this is a six hour surgery. So you may want to go home and get some rest and come back.
There’s no need hanging around. The baby has been washed and fed. But we will bring him to his mum and place him on her chest for at least 10 minutes before we take her to the operating theatre. This we do daily so they can be bonding. Very essential.
Yeah! So, the nurses will be here soon!

MR AMBROSE: doctor, when are you going to give me the letter she wrote then?

DOCTOR: ermmm, the thing is This, she left an instruction on what must happen before we give you the letter. She also left one for her mum and Judith.
There are two conditions to that. She said if any of those conditions are met, then we can hand you the letters. So far, none of those has happened. Sorry I didn’t read that before now. A colleague of mine who locked it away that day we couldn’t find It, told me of the conditions.

MR AMBROSE: what are the conditions?

DOCTOR: I’m afraid, I can’t tell you that. I need to go now. Please do whatever you have to do quickly. The nurses will be here Soon ?‍️

MR AMBROSE: mama, we need to leave now. Both of you can go, I’ll hang around.

JUDITH: let’s say a quick prayer?

You are the Lord, the God
Of all flesh and there is
Nothing too hard for you
I know you are able to
Do exceeding, abundantly
Above all we can think
Or imagine
Lord I present my friend
Before you. I ask for nothing
But your grace to pull through
You have answered me in the
Past. Come and do your
Miracle once again
Use the doctors, Lord!
Hold their hands as they
Operate on her
Chioma, I immerse
You in the precious blood
Of Jesus! I declare you
Shall not die but live
To declare the goodness
Of God. We shall see you
Again soon. We shall speak
With you.
We nullify every plans of the
Enemy we bring into subjection
Anything that raises its head above
The knowledge of God!
Jesus! Be glorified in her life
Jesus! Take over from this moment!
In Jesus name I pray!

MR AMBROSE/MADAM NKECHI: Amen!

MADAM NKECHI: Amen!!!!???
(Touching her face) my beautiful, you must come out alive for mama, alright? You remember all out plans, right? We will go on our holiday in December. Don’t make mummy Sad, o nwam? Remember, mummy will be left alone in this whole wide world if anything happens to you.
Kick death on the butt and come back to mama. Same way you used to beat up other kids when you were a kid. Remember your kids eh? Tatiana will ask questions and I can’t answer them. You must….

NURSES: hello! Sorry we need to get her ready for surgery

MR AMBROSE: (bends over her and kissed her) I love you, baby. You got This, yeah. I’ll be outside the theatre waiting to have you back. I love you.?

JUDITH: (kisses her forehead) Chy, don’t keep me waiting for too long. Love you.?

MADAM NKECHI: (Hugs her) ????? take me in there with her!!!????

NURSES: sorry, ma’am but you all have to leave now.

(Ambrose held her by her arm and they all Walked to the car park)

MR AMBROSE: drive carefully, Judith and do get some rest yourself

JUDITH: please come with us. You can come back after you’ve had coffee

MR AMBROSE: nah! I’ll be alright?

JUDITH: and you need to be strong. The more mama sees you like This, the more she cries!

MR AMBROSE: I’m strong..??
Bye!?‍️

To be continued

THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 30

When Judith and Madam Nkechi left, Mr Ambrose sat by the door of the theatre. After a while, he decided to ring Kate to find out how the kids were doing but he didn’t have enough airtime on his phone to make the call, so he decided to walk down the road to get some

On return, he saw one of the six doctors that went into the theatre for the operation by the gate smoking.
He didnt make much of it since it was just one person out of six. He thought maybe he needed a break.
Also, it wasn’t the doctor they had been dealing with so he didn’t bother asking him the situation of things.
But as he walked towards the hallway to the theatre, he saw the doctor they had been dealing with. He had no gloves on and was not wearing his coat….

MR AMBROSE: doctor! How is she? Are you done? How was it? Successful, right?

DOCTOR: ermmm, please come with me to my office

MR AMBROSE: I’ll come of course but tell me the situation of things? Why are you all out? It’s not six hours yet? I only went down the road to get some credit to check up on my kids in Abuja. How is my wife?

DOCTOR: ermmm, she is resting. Please come to my office.

MR AMBROSE: she is resting….oh! That sounds great! Meaning the surgery was successful and she is resting. Phewww! Now I can have a glass of water. I knew she would pull through! Never seen a woman so strong yet so soft! Can I see her?

DOCTOR: you will, in a moment but please can I have a word with you in my office, first?

MR AMBROSE: sure! (Follows him to his office)

DOCTOR: please take a seat.

MR AMBROSE: (sits down) thank You, doctor! I must say you guys are the next most powerful set after God!…

DOCTOR: you see Mr Ambrose, since the day your wife was brought in, I noticed what a wonderful family you have, and when you told me your story, I felt quite bad because I know the trauma and guilt you must be passing through

MR AMBROSE: doctor, I’m happy it’s all coming to an end now. As soon as she wakes up, I’ll ask for her forgiveness and when she is discharged, we will go somewhere nice to renew our wedding vows?

DOCTOR: phewww! This is gonna be hard!

MR AMBROSE: what’s gonna be hard?

DOCTOR: ermm, Mr Ambrose, I’ve been in this profession for 39 years now and believe me, I’ve seen so much deaths and given so much death news, but right now, it feels like the very first time I am doing it

MR AMBROSE: sorry? I…I didn’t understand the last thing you said. Death? News? How?

DOCTOR: phewww! Mr Ambrose, your wife gave up in the middle of the operation. Her heart just stopped. We did CPR for over 30 minutes to no avail. She slept peacefully

MR AMBROSE: heheheh. She slept peacefully? She….she….her heart….she slept peacefully?…..she is resting…none of these make any sense to Ambrose. Now, let’s get serious, shall we! Where is my wife!!!???

DOCTOR: I’m afraid she didn’t make it. Calm down please

MR AMBROSE: Chioma!!! Didn’t make what? I’m not even gonna believe this nonsense you are talking about!
Do you know that she has two other little girls at home aged five and one???
Do you know that she has an aged mother?
Do you know that she has a baby boy who is barely two weeks??
And a husband who did not believe her when she said she was innocent?
Do you know that she tried severely to make peace with me before she came here???
Do you know that I arrested her when our kid went missing?
Do you know that…..
where is my wife?????? Chioma!!! Chioma!! Chioma!!!!!!!! Chioma!!!!!!
No!!!!!! Doctor, No!!!!!!! Jesus No!!!!!!!! Somebody help me!!!! No!!!!!!!!
Tatiana, No!!!!!!!! Shasha!!!!!!????????(lies flat on the floor being rather inconsolable)

DOCTOR: oh dear! You need to take this easy, sir. She tried. Please get up

MR AMBROSE: bring her back!!!!!!?????doctor, bring her back, Please!!! We can’t cope without her. We have kids together!!!! Chioma, Please!!!!!

DOCTOR: sir, you must put yourself together. Very soon your aged mother in law will be here. I’m not even sure I can give her the news seeing how she already was before the surgery. Please you don’t want her to have a heart attack, please sir.

MR AMBROSE: what did you say happened to Chioma? The wife of my youth! My friend, the sister I never had, the mother of my kids! How do I explain this to my children??? Nah! Doctor, I want to speak with her!

DOCTOR : You mean you want to speak to the body?

MR AMBROSE: she is not a body! She is my wife! Don’t you dare! Stop it!

MR AMBROSE: phewww! Okay, I’ll take you there

(They both went into the theatre where Chioma’s body was lying covered in a white sheet. Mr Ambrose quickly removed the sheet over her face)

MR AMBROSE: doctor?

DOCTOR: yes…I’m sorry but we tried

MR AMBROSE: please, leave us now.

DOCTOR: you..you mean you want to spend some time with her?

MR AMBROSE: get out and shut the door behind You!!!

DOCTOR: alright. But please don’t hurt yourself. I’ll be right at the door. (Leaves and shuts the door, but stood right by the door.)

(The doctor could hear Ambrose apologising to Chioma’s body and pleading with her to come back. As he stood there waiting, he saw Judith and Madam Nkechi coming towards the theatre so he quickly walked to them to prevent them from hearing Mr Ambrose’s voice as he was crying quite loudly)

MR AMBROSE: hello, ladies

MADAM NKECHI: ah! Already??? Jesus thank sir! Where is she?

JUDITH: doctor is everything Okay? How was the surgery?

DOCTOR: she is resting. Please come with me to my office.

MADAM NKECHI: thank You, Jesus. My son, well done! Please we brought her food. Can she eat now?

DOCTOR: ermm, No mama.

JUDITH: where is Mr Ambrose?

DOCTOR: he must be somewhere around the compound, but I’ve spoken to him

JUDITH: oh great! Because he has been very worried. Oh! Thank you Jesus!

(They followed the doctor into his office and he asked them to give him a moment to get something. Having no intentions of being the one to break the news to them, he went to another of his colleague who was part of the team to ask if he could do it)

DOCTOR: Peter! I need You, man! Stop smoking too much cigarette!

DR PETER: what do you need me for?

DOCTOR: her mother is here and honestly, I cannot deal with that woman. Could you please come and break the news to them?

DR PETER: So na me you want make the woman die for him hand abi? She was your patient. Do your job. Come on! Since when did you become a weakling? You’ve seen thousands of deaths! Stop acting like one of those annoying student doctors we get

DOCTOR: this is different. I don’t know how I got myself emotionally attached to them. I can’t remember the last time I cried but I have been unable to stop the tears since it happened. They are seated in my office already thanking God! Phewww! Please help me out!

DR PETER: Okay. I’ll come with you(follows him into his office)

MADAM NKECHI: ewo! This doctor is also one of you, right? Very handsome and intelligent young men!
Thank you my sons for saving my daughter o! I will come back and cook for all of You!we thank God!?‍️

DR PETER: ermm, it’s probably not the news you were expecting, but she actually passed away in the process of the surgery. I’m so sorry

JUDITH: excuse You???????

MADAM NKECHI: **slumps!**

To be continued
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MY WIFE: Episode 21-28 Edoman 4 7,617 03-22-2019, 05:59 PM
Last Post: lilymoon
  MY WIFE: Episode 11-20 Edoman 4 6,897 03-22-2019, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Gimbiya
  FRIENDLY ENEMIES* *Episode 19-24 Edoman 2 3,520 01-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Edoman