The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE BrideGLOOM Episode 11-20
THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 11-20

Mr Ambrose: so what would you like us to do? Stay home and cook or eat out?

Chioma: let’s go to Food and Fun. I haven’t been there in a long while.

Mr Ambrose: anything else you’ll like to do? Like seeing a movie afterwards?

Chioma: ermmm, we can go swimming.

(The couple got to Food and Fun and were given a table for two beside another couple, who happened to be Nina.
She was on a first date with someone she met over the internet. Mr Ambrose did not recognise her as he barely saw her face the day they visited his office.

The couple ordered their preferred meals and as they spoke and ate, Nina listened and recorded their conversations!)

Mr Ambrose: so tell me, how do you think we are doing in terms of our family life?

Chioma: I think we are doing great!

Mr Ambrose: do you think we need to increase the budget since we are going to have Kate as a live-in Nanny, from next month?

Chioma: not really. Kate is not so much of a food person. Let’s leave it the way it is at the moment but if after next month, I think it wasn’t sufficient , then I’ll let you know.

Mr Ambrose: what about security? You know it broke my heart when Tatiana spoke about Mr thief the other day.
She still has memories of that robbery. My poor daughter! I want to make sure she never witnesses such horror again including Shasha. No child deserves to witness that.

Chioma: that’s what happens when you have a very intelligent child. But I think Patrick is doing a good job, we don’t need more security. And dont forget, except the Lord keeps a city, the watchmen watch in vain! God watches over us.

Mr Ambrose: Amen!! do you have any other concerns at all?

Chioma: concerns? No. But I have something to tell you. I’m not sure if it’s the best news since Shasha is only 10 months…

Mr Ambrose: are you pregnant??

Chioma: Yes, I am. I found out two days ago.

Mr Ambrose: (gives her a hug) of course it is a great news!!! That’s another blessing on the way for us! Congratulations to us!!!
Shasha will be absolutely fine. Kate being with us will make it even easier!!
I need to call my parents and tell them and then go to the village and tell your parents!

Chioma: look at you! Hahahaha! It’s not like it’s my first pregnancy! This is my third missionary journey, babe!

Mr Ambrose: the excitement is no different! I’m going to be a dad!!!

Chioma: what! You became a dad some four and a half odd years ago!

Mr Ambrose: every time seems like the first time!
Yipeeee!

Chioma: you are creating a scene. Look how everyone is looking and smiling at us.

Mr Ambrose: like I care! Oh what an evening!

Chioma: I need to gradually start weaning Shasha.

Mr Ambrose: you know it’s okay to breastfeed until you have your next one. Forget all those rubbish we were fed years ago. So don’t let that bother you.

Chioma: sweetie, remember you promised to help my old course mate by giving him a job. He has been calling and asking when he can come see you.

Mr Ambrose: Ermm, I am still reviewing a few things in that department. I’ll get back to you on that.

Chioma: thank you. He really needs the help.

Mr Ambrose: shall we just talk about us today? We can always talk about other people some other day.

Chioma: I’m sorry

Mr Ambrose: ?

Nina: (????) hello, Charlotte can you hear me!!

CharlotteSad????) hi babe! How was the date?

Nina: mtcheew! Man’s not hot! Anyway that’s not why I’m calling. Is Deric around?

Charlotte: no. Actually he’s been in the village. His mum is diabetic and her condition has deteriorated badly. He went to be with her just in case.

Nina: my own mother is dead anyway. But I wish him the best oh!
Hey listen up! Mr Ambrose and his wife were seated right behind us at Food and Fun! They were there playing happy family and I was literally burning inside!
But the good news is that she announced to him that she is pregnant! And I think Deric might be responsible. What do you think?

Charlotte: really? He probably is! Randy He-goat!

Nina: let’s tell her husband!

Charlotte: how?

Nina: I found the wife on Facebook. Her Facebook name is Chiomabeautz. Her profile picture is her wedding picture with her husband. This is what we are going to do.
I will create a fake account with her name and profile picture and you will create a fake account with Deric’s name and profile picture. Then, I’ll use that fake account to send you a message that the numerous sex we had resulted in pregnancy and you will reply me asking me to hang it on my husband.
We will now print the messages and send it to his office with the picture of them hugging!

Charlotte: how do we send it?

Nina: by post! Don’t be a dummy! Obviously we can’t go back there.

Charlotte: girl you bad! But this is a good idea! Since she wants to wreck my home, she will be paid in her own coin!

To be continued

EPISPDE 12

Caller: (????) Hello, am I on to Charlotte?

Charlotte: Yes, who’s calling?

Caller: Hello, I am Jez from Night Buzz night club.

Charlotte: oh hi!

Caller: are you free to talk?

Charlotte: Yes, I am.

Caller: well, congratulation on your new position as a pole dancer with Night Buzz!

Charlotte: did I get the job!!!!

Caller: oh Yes, you did!!!

Charlotte: yesssssss!?

Caller: are you ready for an immediate start?

Charlotte: Sure!

Caller: great! We’ve seen videos of you dancing and we think you are absolutely amazing!
we’ve got these guys coming over from France tomorrow and they have requested for an hour performance. Are you up for it?

Charlotte: what time?

Caller: the dancing kicks off at 12 midnight but you should be there at 10 to practice with our instructor and to choose a comfortable outfit for yourself. We will pay you in dollars. Sounds good?

Charlotte: how much?

Caller: 500 USD!

Charlotte: That’s too small for an hour

Caller: 5500?

Charlotte: okay, I’ll do the job.

Caller: excellent! Once again, congratulations!

Charlotte: thank you.

Caller: see you tomorrow.

Charlotte: ?????????????

Receptionist: good morning, sir.

Mr Ambrose: morning.

Receptionist: you’ve got a letter, sir.

Mr Ambrose: who from?

Receptionist: not sure. It just says private and confidential on the envelope.

Mr Ambrose: leave it on the table. Thanks.

(Mr Ambrose put aside what he was doing, opened the envelope and began to read the letter….)

“Hello, Mr trust!
It will be unfair not to congratulate you
on the news of the baby on the way
I’m sure you must be over the moon!

But, it is unfortunate that the child
Is not yours. The child is Deric’s .
While you were out of the country,
Deric was performing your conjugal
Duties for you. What a helpful guy!

Well, that’s what you get when you
Marry a young and beautiful woman
Please find attached some Facebook
Conversations between your wife and Deric

You may also want to have a look at your
Wife’s bank transactions. Find out the
Receipent of three hundred thousand naira
Last month.
I’m sorry to have ruined your day.
Please do not send her home o!
Who knows, she might repent and become faithful.

Yours faithfully
Mrs busybody
Hahahaha”

(Mr Ambrose couldn’t believe his eyes. He read the printed messages over and over again to ensure he was awake and not dreaming. He pinched himself a couple of times as well. Then he logged into his Wife’s online banking and confirmed that his wife did in fact, send the money. Totally devastated, he picked up his mobile phone and car keys and went to his receptionist)

Mr Ambrose: Emily, if anyone comes looking for me, tell them I am not in for the rest of the week. Mr Ronald can take messages for me.

Receptionist: sir, is everything okay?

Mr Ambrose: no. Can you make anything okay?????

Receptionist: sorry, sir

Mr Ambrose: idiot!

(Mr Ambrose jumped into his car and zoomed off. He got home and rang the doorbell and Chioma opened the door for him..)

Chioma: sweetheart! What’s the matter? Why are you home this early?

Mr Ambrose: everything is fine. Out of my way!

Tatiana: daddy!!!!!!??

Mr Ambrose: Kate!

Kate: yes, sir.

Mr Ambrose: take the kids to Lots Of Ice Cream, now! I transferred ten thousand naira into your account for that.

Kate: but sir, I took them to Lots Of Ice Cream yesterday and they are only allowed to have ice cream only once a week.

Mr Ambrose: I’m sure you are aware that these kids are mine and not yours!

Kate: sorry, sir. Tatiana come on! Let’s go out. Shasha, let get you into your buggy, let’s go out.

Chioma: excuse me!!! I am not letting my children go out in shorts. They’ll be bitten by mosquitoes! Whatever you’ve got to say or do can wait for them to get properly dressed! My children come first! What madness!

Tatiana: daddy, grandma says we should not let mosquitoes eat us.

Mr Ambrose: Kate, be fast about that and take them Out!

Kate: yes sir! (Hurridly dressed the girls and left with them)

Mr Ambrose: (bangs the door behind them)

Chioma: what is the matter??? What’s wrong with you? Did you get robbed? You couldn’t even talk to your girls! I hope you will have answers for Tatiana when she starts asking.

Mr Ambrose: (audibly gnashing his teeth, biting his lips and shedding endless tears)

Chioma: hmmmm! Is mama alright?

Mr Ambrose: Chioma, I vowed to love you, to protect and to provide for you to the best of my ability. What part of the vow have I broken?

Chioma: none! None at all. If anything, you’ve done more than you promised and I am so greatful to God for giving me such a wonderful husband.

Mr Ambrose: why didn’t you tell me I wasn’t satisfying you sexually? I would have done something about it!

Chioma: what is the meaning of that? What are you talking about???

Mr Ambrose: then why did you do it???

Chioma: why did I do What??? I’m getting really impatient with this whole drama!

Mr Ambrose: Chioma, you cheated on me, got pregnant by another man and told me we are having a baby????

Chioma: is this supposed to be an expensive stupid joke????

Mr Ambrose: don’t you dare pretend one more second to me! Go in there, pack your things and leave my house before I do something silly.

Chioma: please do something silly but first explain to me what you mean! I slept with another man? When? Where?. Which man?

Mr Ambrose: you threw dust into my eyes. I believed he was nothing more than an old school mate. I believed you, Chioma because I trusted you. If I didn’t see the messages between you, I wouldn’t have believed it. You even gave him my hard earned money! Before I shut my eyes and open them, be gone with that bastard you are carrying.

Chioma: sweetheart, I can explain the money but I.. I.. i never slept with him nor any other man! I swear to God!????

Mr Ambrose: Chioma I have pictures! Leave my house now!! If you spend one more minute here, I’ll shoot you and shoot myself! Leave now!!!

Chioma: oh! Okay, I’ll…I’ll lea—ve. Please don’t shoot yourself. You can shoot me so that the kids will have someone to look after them. Please I’m leaving but promise me you won’t hurt yourself please. For the sake of our kids. Promise me, please

Mr Ambrose: ?????????

Chioma: (gives him a hug) please, promise me you’ll be fine, please?????

Mr AmbroseSadwith his eyes tightly shut) I’ll be fine and I’ll look after my children. Just go away from me. Go away from us!

…to be continued

THE brideGLOOM. Episode 13

Mr Adrian: good morning, Charlotte. You didn’t tell me you do pole dancing.

Charlotte:? how did you know!

Mr Adrian: my friends came into Nigeria last night and asked me to come hang out with them, but because I had a lot doing, I couldn’t make it. But they did send me some clips of your performance. I must say you are very Good!

Charlotte: those are your friends? Oh my God!
I’m so embarrassed.

Mr Adrian: come on! That’s like a second job. So long as it doesn’t affect your role here, it is perfectly okay.
I’ll give you ten out of ten. Amazing flexibility, I must say!

Charlotte: Thank you.

Mr Adrian: you know watching pole dancing is my favourite thing in the world, right?

Charlotte: really? Was that why you paid for one the day we went out?

Mr Adrian: I do that all the time. Whenever I travel to any city I spend a lot of money on that. That is the only way I unwind.
I’ll be going to Barbados next week, would you like to come with me then? I’ll pay for everything. The flight ticket, hotel, food and also pay you three hundred pound per hour of performance.

Charlotte: but I have used up all my holiday.

Mr Adrian: don’t worry, I’ll give you some hours off and you still get paid for it.

Charlotte: awwww! Thank you!

Mr Adrian: sorry, Charlotte, but I don’t like when women tell me awwww. I feel patronised. If you can, try not to use it on me. Thanks.

Charlotte: oh okay! I’m sorry

Mr Adrian: thanks. Get started with the documents, please. Thank you.

Charlotte: right away.?

(Deric is still in his village tending to his poor mother whose health has continued to deteriorate and Charlotte rarely calls to check up on him.
She had wanted to travel without telling Deric but she changed her mind and decided to tell him, so she got home, sorted out her passport and started ringing him…)

CharlotteSad?????)

Deric: hello, Charlotte

Charlotte: hello, how is mama today?

Deric: so this is the first time you are calling me in two weeks, right?

Charlotte: I keep trying to call but obviously the network in your village is unstable!

Deric: well, mama is not getting any better.

Charlotte: she will be fine. I’m calling to tell you you that I will be going to China next week.

Deric: you are going to China to do What?

Charlotte: my company is sending me there.

Deric: you are going to China Charlotte? Your mother in law has been critically ill for two months now, you have never bothered to come down and see her for once. You barely ask after her but you are going to China. You are not even sure that you would meet her when you come back.
This is a woman who stood by your side when you were in debt in London. She cleared your debt, came to London to see you and brought you food items that lasted you a whole year. A woman who treats you like her own…

Charlotte: oh please save me the blackmail! Do you know why I’m going to China?? I have been asked to do a training that would raise my monthly salary by eighty percent!
I only agreed to do that because of mama’s health. What she needs right now is not that pity party you and your elder brother are organising everywhere on social media!
She need good medical care abroad!
As soon as I come back from China, I’ll take mama to London to get her treated! So save me the whole bull crap! I’ve heard enough of it from you!

Deric: hmmm. But you never told me you had such plans. Anyways, thank you. I will do anything to save my mother and if I had money, we wouldn’t be having this discussion right now because she would have been in a London hospital recovering. Thanks again, Charlotte.

Charlotte: I’ve paid in some money into your account, buy her whatever she needs until I come back. Tell her I said she will be fine.
Bye(???)

Madam Nkechi: are you telling me the whole truth, Chioma??

Chioma: mummy, I swear by daddy’s grave. Since I married Ambrose, I’ve never had anything to do with any other man?
Why would I? I love my husband to bits, I love my children and I value my home???
I have never given it a thought.
Ambrose gives i and the kids everything we need. Everything, mama!

Madam Nkechi: so where did he get the pictures you spoke about, then?

Chioma: mama, I wish I know. I am just so confused and heartbroken. I’ve only just started to wean Shasha and she cries a lot at night. God, please vindicate me!???????

Madam Nkechi: it’s alright. Stop crying. Their nanny will take care of them. Do you have any friends in Abuja?

Chioma: no, mummy. Ambrose is the only friend I have. Whenever I tell you that I am out, it’s with him. I don’t even know anyone in our estate. The only person I speak to sometimes is Kate, my children’s nanny and she is such a wonderful young woman.

Madam Nkechi: something is not right somewhere. I and your uncle Emeka will go see Ambrose tomorrow. Stop crying let’s go into the kitchen and make something.

Tatiana: daddy, we had too much ice cream and there is a girl that was crying and crying and crying o! I didn’t cry because I am a big girl! Shasha cry small

Mr Ambrose: Shasha cried because she is still a baby. You are a big girl and daddy is proud of you.

Tatiana: Shasha also wee wee on her pant!?

Mr Ambrose: it’s okay, when you were her age, you did same.

Tatiana: yes because I was short then

Mr Ambrose: because you were a baby

Tatiana: where is mummy. Mummy! Mummy!

Mr Ambrose: Tatiana, mummy has gone to see grandma Nkechi.

Tatiana: okay!! When is mummy going to bring a baby from the hospital? She said she will bring another baby very soon

Mr Ambrose: phewww! Mummy, you go and have your shower first, and we can talk about that later, okay?

Tatiana: But when she brings another baby, will she give Shasha back to the hospital? Otherwise there’s gonna be toooooo much babies in this house.

Mr Ambrose: Kate!

Kate: yes, sir. I’ve got Shasha in the shower! I can’t come down!

Mr Ambrose: Jesus Christ save me!

Tatiana: Jesus Christ save me!

Mr Ambrose: Mummy, go and get your story book let me read you a story

Tatiana: okay daddy!!!!!?

Mr Ambrose: no running!

To be continued

THE brideGLOOM. Episode 14

ELDER EMEKA: we have spoken to our daughter and she is still maintaining that she hasn’t slept with any other man.
As much as I understand where you are coming from, because of the pictures, the money and the messages from whatever you young people call it, I am choosing to believe our daughter.
It’s okay if you don’t want her back, we will arrange to return the bride prize. But we would like you to allow her access to her children. She is very distressed that she hasn’t seen them.

MR AMBROSE: Chioma can always come and see the kids. They are not only mine. She can take them out whenever she wants and I don’t want the bride price back.
I wish a day like this never came. We miss her, I miss her. She is my only friend?….. af–ter each tiring day, I….I come home to her. ?
But I can’t bear the sight of her carrying another man’s child’s in my own house. The thought of her in bed with another man is driving me insane????

MADAM NKECHI: it will never be well with whoever is behind this! May nemesis catch up with him or her in the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening and at night!???
Two love birds torn apart just like that!
Ambrose, you are like a son to me, you have treated me like a mother and it is sad that I am being forced to choose between you and my daughter who to believe! This is a hard decision but I believe my daughter and I will look after her until she has her baby!
Greet my grand children when they come back! (Starts crying loudly???)

MR AMBROSE: (Amidst tears) mama, if you need anything, please let me know.

MADAM NKECHI: I don’t need anything from You!

MR ADRIAN: that was a long flight!

CHARLOTTE: it was, indeed! Why is there only a single bed here? Where am I going to sleep?

MR ADRIAN: Oh! I booked you a different room. Your room is the one next door. Room number 104.

CHARLOTTE: interesting! Have you got the keys?

MR ADRIAN: sure! (Hands her the keys)

CHARLOTTE: so when would you want me to perform for You??

MR ADRIAN: Charlotte, we’ve only just arrived! Why don’t you have a shower, change and we can go have something to eat and maybe a couple of drinks.
As much as I like watching pole dancing, that’s not the main reason why I brought you here.
I noticed you are going through a lot and I wanted you to have a breather. That’s the main reason why I brought you here.

CHARLOTTE: why do you think I am going through a lot?

MR ADRIAN: it’s written all over You, Charlotte! You are clearly stressed. Try to get as much rest as possible within this one week that we are here.

CHARLOTTE: you are right! I am sex starved! My husband hasn’t touched me in the last 4 months! The last time we made love, I literally begged for it???
I don’t wanna keep being like This! I am a woman and I have needs!

MR ADRIAN: (bringing out his clothes from the box and hanging them in the wardrobe) Charlotte, you see, there is more to life than regular sex.
I agree you have such needs, but it only becomes an issues when you focus so much on it. I mean, I have been divorced for 7 years, but I’m still here.
Take your mind off sex and focus on what actually matters.

CHARLOTTE: you mean you have been celibate for 7 years?

MR ADRIAN: ermm, more or less. I’ve had a fling a couple of times but it’s one of those things you do after you’ve had so much to drink and I regretted it.
I don’t need sex. I need love and money. I’ve got them and I am dying a damn happy man!

CHARLOTTE: you’ve got love? What is love without sex?

MR ADRIAN: love is when my 18 year old daughter calls me every morning and tells me she loves me. Love is when she tells me that she is going to become a doctor so that she’ll ensure I get the best medical care when I need one.
Love is having my cigar inbetween my fingers and watching pole dancing.
Love is looking into my bank account and seeing enough dole in there
Love is a glass of red wine at the end of every day. Love is knowing I owe no man. Love is knowing that if i die today, my daughter will be wealthy even if she decides not to work in her entire!

CHARLOTTE: are you a man?

MR ADRIAN: I am a man.

CHARLOTTE: okay! Let me rephrase. Are you medically okay?

MR ADRIAN: my doctor says I am.

CHARLOTTE: okay! I don’t mean medically!

MR ADRIAN: well, you asked if I was medically okay.

CHARLOTTE: do you find me sexually attractive?

MR ADRIAN: yes. But that doesn’t mean I must have sex with you. Imagine if we had sex with every single person we find sexually attractive. It will be a crazy world. Wouldn’t it?

CHARLOTTE: But it is a crazy world already.

MR ADRIAN: maybe. Maybe not.

CHARLOTTE: do you know why I agreed to travel with a man who isn’t my husband?

MR ADRIAN: because you thought I would ask you for sex.

CHARLOTTE: yes? and I also thought I could get some money in exchange for that.

MR ADRIAN: What do you need the money for?

CHARLOTTE: ????

MR ADRIAN: it is fruitless to try to move me with tears. Tears don’t move me. Tell me what you need the money for.

CHARLOTTE: my mother in law is dying of diabetes and we need at least five million naira to take her to the UK for treatment. MY husband is unemployed and I can’t afford it.

MR ADRIAN: I’ll give it to you.

CHARLOTTE: What did you just say??

MR ADRIAN: if that makes you sleep well at night

CHARLOTTE: (kneels down?)

MR ADRIAN: go have a shower let’s go have something to eat. MY stomach is rumbling.

CHARLOTTE: God bless you.

MR ADRIAN: he can give that blessing to your husband. I am a blessed man. Thank you.
Tomorrow, I’ll like to have you perform for me for about an hour.
And don’t worry, you’ll still get your three hundred pounds an hour. Not sure how much that is in Nigerian naira.

CHARLOTTE: What time would you like me to perform Tomorrow?

MR ADRIAN: eleven thirty pm, if that’s okay by you.

CHARLOTTE: sure. Where would you like it. In their club hall?

MR ADRIAN: NO of course that would be me giving them a free service. I paid for it privately. I would like it here in my room

CHARLOTTE: no problems at all. I’ll go to my room now.

MR ADRIAN: I’ll be waiting. Remember, I am hungry.

CHARLOTTE: I know.

To be continued…

THE BrideGLOOM. Episode 15

MADAM NKECHI: where are you getting ready to go?

CHIOMA: I want to go see my children, mama.

MADAM NKECHI: why are you squeezing your face like That? Are you in pains?

CHIOMA: just a little headache.

MADAM NKECHI: I didn’t know you were going to see them today. I had planned to take you to our local health centre to register you for ante-natal.

CHIOMA: tomorrow we can go. I couldn’t sleep last night?. I miss my children.

MADAM NKECHI: I understand, my daughter. Let me get you some paracetamol.

CHIOMA: thanks, mama. Where do I get okada that would take me to town and how much do they charge? I can’t remember the last time I used that mode of transportation. I’m so scared?

MADAM NKECHI: I will call the boy that takes me to the market . He is a very careful okada rider and he will drop you exactly where you will get a bus that stops in front of your husband’s house. It will cost you one thousand five hundred thro and fro.

CHIOMA: oh really? And I only have five hundred naira.

MADAM NKECHI: not to worry. I’ll give you some money so that you can also buy the kids some biscuits. No good going to see them empty handed.

CHIOMA: thank You, mama.

MADAM NKECHI: does Ambrose know that you are coming today?

CHIOMA: Yes, mama. I sent him a text and he said it’s okay.

MADAM NKECHI: of course it’s Okay! Here is three thousand naira, manage it and please make sure those children don’t see you crying. Just be their usual mummy and don’t tell them anything bad about their dad

CHIOMA: I’ll do no such thing. I can’t even get myself to speak ill of Ambrose. He is a good man and I won’t deny it. The way he spoke to me this morning as if everything is fine between us?
I’m just tired of it all. I am!?

MADAM NKECHI: if you continue to cry, that headache is only going to get worse. You must help yourself. I know it’s hard but learn how to cope. I’ll be here for you all the way! I am your mother and my duty of care and love towards you, is a continuing one!

(Prior to the issues between Chioma and Ambrose, Chioma had seen some traditional men’s outfit in a catalogue and asked Patrick if his brother who is a designer could make it for Ambrose as a surprise present.
Patrick told her his brother could make it and Chioma gave her the sum of thirty thousand to buy the fabric and promised to give him the rest on completion.
The outfit has now been completed and Patrick has been asking Ambrose of Chioma. Each time he asks, Ambrose would tell him that Chioma had gone to spend some time with her mother…)

CHIOMA: (knocks on the gate)

PATRICK: who be That!

CHIOMA: it’s me, Patrick

PATRICK: Madam? Madam!!! Madam don come back! Oga! Madam don come back! (Runs to the gate and jumped on her)?‍️?‍️?‍️?‍️?‍️

CHIOMA: hahaha! Don’t pull me down, You! I’ve only been away for 3 weeks! You are acting as if I’ve been away for years. How are you, Patrick.!

PATRICK: Madam, welcome o! I happy say you don come back. I don miss you well Well! Na only you dey come out come talk to me every day. That nanny na to dey watch TV she sabi. She no dey talk to anybody and she no dey give me food as you dey do.
I know say I suppose dey buy my own food but you be good woman!

CHIOMA: no worry, I go scold am! She suppose dey give you food.

PATRICK: Chai! Madam I don miss you well Well! Where your bag? And how your mama dey? Oga tell me say she nor well na him make you go dey look after her.

CHIOMA: Yes, she don dey get better but I’m not back yet. I’m just here to see the kids briefly and go back. But I’ll be back soon.

PATRICK: Chai! Madam why not bring your mama here dey look after am the way you been dey do before? I nor like say you no dey for this house! This house nor dey sweet without you. And that thing don ready o!

CHIOMA: awwww! I understand. I’ll be back soon. Tell your brother say make him give me some time and I’ll give you the balance Okay?

PATRICK: Madam, I fit pay and when you come back you pay me back.

CHIOMA: keep your money, dear Patrick

(Chioma got to the door and knocked and Kate opened the door and jumped on her)

KATE: Tatiana! Mummy is here! Good to see you again madam!

CHIOMA: thanks darling. May I come in?

KATE: haba, Madam!!! How can you ask if you could come into your own house!

CHIOMA: thank you, darling.

(Chioma went inside and Mr Ambrose was seated in the sitting room in his pyjamas)

MR AMBROSE: good morning, Chy. How are you?

CHIOMA: I’m fine thanks. You?

MR AMBROSE: yea, I’m good.

CHIOMA: Is it okay to go upstairs and help Kate get the kids ready? I’m taking them out.

MR AMBROSE: of course it is. Why don’t you eat some breakfast first?

CHIOMA: no, I’m good thanks.

(The kids were really excited to see their mum and as usual, Tatiana asked her a million questions in a second, including why she wasn’t wearing any makeup and why she hasn’t brought the baby she promised to bring soon.
After the exhausting session, they all came downstairs and ready to leave, including Kate)

MR AMBROSE: the driver is waiting outside

CHIOMA: oh! You shouldn’t have bothered. We would have gone by public transport

MR AMBROSE: you already know my policy on that. My kids don’t go on public transport. Kate please take the kids to the car. Chioma, can I have a minute with you.

TATIANA: daddy, why do you always like to talk to mummy in private. Every time, Tatiana I need to talk to mummy in private!

MR AMBROSE: because she is my wife.

TATIANA: Okay, daddy.

(Kate went to the car with the kids, leaving just Ambrose and Chioma in the living room)

MR AMBROSE: sit down, please

CHIOMA: (sits down without saying a word)

MR AMBROSE: it’s never be the same without you here. I want you to know that I miss you, the children miss you. I don’t sleep at night, I barely eat. I live my life daily answering Tatiana’s endless questions.
Please give me some time to reconcile with the demons in my head. Will You?

CHIOMA: (amidst tears) can I go now?

MR AMBROSE: one more thing. I’ve replaced the three hundred thousand in your account. Altogether, there is 1.5 million naira in it right now. Here is the card, please take it so you could be taking care of yourself while we work on resolving this.

CHIOMA: thanks, but I don’t need it. My mum is looking after me.?

MR AMBROSE: come on, Chy!!!

CHIOMA: sorry but I have to leave now (Walks out)

(Chioma took the kids to Lots Of Ice Cream. After they’ve had some ice cream, they paid for rides for the kids. As they enjoyed their rides and screamed on top of their voice, Kate noticed how hard Chioma was trying to fight her tears and decided to ask questions)

KATE: Madam, I’m really sorry to ask this question but I can’t help it. Is everything alright between you and oga?

CHIOMA: Kate, everything is not alright at the moment but It will be????

KATE: stop crying, Madam please.

CHIOMA: that’s true. The kids must not see me crying . Does Shasha cry at night?

KATE: a lot. They both sleep with their dad now

CHIOMA: my poor kids. Oh do they?

KATE: Yes. The first night, Shasha Cried from 11pm until morning and oga tied her on his back walking up and down the stairs singing to her. The next morning he took them both to his office and Tatiana saw a bundle of money, seven hundred thousand naira and before her dad could notice what she was doing, she had shredded up to five hundred thousand of it.
He came back looking so depressed.
It hasn’t been easy on him. The other day I met him in the kitchen crying like a baby.

CHIOMA: Kate, my husband is accusing me of sleeping with another man and getting pregnant by him.

KATE: no way!!! What??? But oga trusts you so much! Satan is truly at work but he will never succeed! I will be praying for You, Madam (Starts crying)

CHIOMA: stop crying, Kate. The kids must not know about it. Under any circumstances!

(The kids enjoyed themselves and it was time to go home, Chioma put them in the car and as she was about to get into the car herself, Kate called her apart)

KATE: madam, please take this twenty thousand naira

CHIOMA: oh come on, Kate! Keep your money. And please whenever you cook, take some to Patrick Okay?

KATE: if you don’t take this money from me, as soon as I get to that house, I will pack my things and leave?. I’ll be giving Patrick lunch henceforth.

CHIOMA: (sighs and takes the money) Thanks, darling. Please look after them and never ever leave them. You are their second mum

KATE: I promise.

(Chioma managed to convince the kids that she needs to go look after poorly grandma Nkechi. After yet another questioning session from Tatiana, she agreed to let her go without them.
She got off the car half way and caught a bus back to her mother’s house)

To be continued.
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
EPISODE 16

CHIOMA: (????) Hello, Deric can you hear me? Hello, Hello!

DERIC(???) hi Chioma it’s kinda hard to hear you as I am in the village. But I can hear you now. How are you? Been really long!

CHIOMA: how am I? Deric you ask how I am? What was my offence? That I helped you when you needed It? Deric how could you be so wicked???

DERIC: I.. I don’t understand. What are you talking about!

CHIOMA: when on earth did I sleep with You, Deric!

DERIC: What nonsense are you talking about? I never slept with you and I never said I did!

CHIOMA: Deric, you made things up so you could ruin my home for your selfish desires, right?

DERIC: now I am totally lost! Chioma, I have no idea what you are going on about. I have been in the village for the past two months now tending to my dying mother!
I seriously have no time for any cheap games definitely not the one you are talking about!

CHIOMA: you mean you didn’t send a picture of the day I gave you that money and some fabricated Facebook messenger messages to my husband???

DERIC: never ever did! Never! Ever! Why would I! We are not even friends on Facebook. I did send you a request but you are yet to accept it. So what’s going on!

CHIOMA: Deric, my marriage is at a breaking point. I’ve been in my father’s house for over four weeks now.

DERIC: doing what!

CHIOMA: my husband asked me to leave the house after he saw those including the details of the transaction I made to you. He denies being responsible for the child I am carrying.?
I have been living at the mercy of my poor mum and it breaks my heart seeing her wake up early in the morning to go to the market. I feel rotten, Deric!

DERIC: my goodness! This is not happening to You, Chioma! Why do bad things happen to good people!
Your enviable home now about to break? No way!
Please give me your village address and I’ll come see you. Stop crying, please. I know how you feel.

CHIOMA: I’ll send it to you after we are done talking. I’m sorry about your mum’s health. I pray she gets better soon.

DERIC: Amen. Thank you and I am sincerely sorry for what you are going through. You will be vindicated. Have you tried suggesting a DNA test to your husband to prove that the pregnancy is his?

CHIOMA: that hasn’t even crossed my mind. I’ll probably do so today.

DERIC: that’s definitely what you should do. What would you like me to get you while coming?

CHIOMA: don’t bother yourself, Deric.

DERIC: no way! Nobody goes to see a pregnant woman empty handed.

CHIOMA: some apples and oranges will do.

DERIC: alright, I’ll give my mother a bath and her medication and start making my way.

CHIOMA: why are you the one doing That? What about your sisters and your wife!

DERIC: I have no sister and about my wife? I’ll rather not go into that.

CHIOMA: awwww! Anyway, see you soon

DERIC: see you soon(???)

MR AMBROSE: mummy, it’s enough!! You’ve been crying for over two hours now! You are waking the neighbours and it’s only 6 am in the morning!
Look at Shasha, she isn’t crying!
Are you not a big girl anymore??

TATIANA: (rolling her self on the floor and crying on the top of her voice) no daddy!!!! I want mummy!!! I want to go to grandma Nkechi!!!!????
I want my mummy!!!! (Picks up Shasha ‘s milk bottle and throws it on the floor, breaking it)

MR AMBROSE: Jesus Christ!! What has come over You!!!! Do you realise what you’ve just done??? What has Shasha done to You? Why did you break her milk bottle!
Alright, come let me read you a story

TATIANA: (takes the story book from her dad and throws it away) no!!!!!! I want to see my mummy!!!!????????

(Kate decided to come and intervene once again as her previous efforts had been futile. So she came upstairs to Mr Ambrose’s bedroom)

KATE: Tatiana! Come here!

TATIANA: no!!!!! Go away!!!! Go away!!! I want my mummy!!????

KATE: (starts crying)??

MR AMBROSE: and what is the meaning of That, Kate??

KATE: nothing!

MR AMBROSE: will you get out of my room now! Why is everybody going mad! You were supposed to help calm her down and you are here shedding unnecessary tears! Disappear now!

KATE: (continues crying while walking back to her room)?????

MR AMBROSE: mummy, I’ll take you to mummy today, alright? Just be patient and get some sleep. I promise to take you to mummy today. Is that alright?

TATIANA: I want to go now!!!?

MR AMBROSE: but you cannot go now for crying out loud!! It’s too early! Jesus Christ!!!!!!

TATIANA: (starts screaming even louder and running out of breath?????)

MR AMBROSE: (grabs her and placed her on his chest) it’s enough, mummy. I didn’t mean to shout at you. You know daddy loves you and will do anything in the world for You, right?

TATIANA (rests on his shoulder and sniffing)

MR AMBROSE: it’s alright, mama. I’ll take you to mummy at 10 o’clock alright?

TATIANA: ?okay, daddy

MR AMBROSE: shall we watch some cartoon?

TATIANA: Yes.

MR AMBROSE: that’s my girl! Kate!! Kate!!!

KATE: Oga!

MR AMBROSE: tell Patrick to wash the BMW and warm it before 10 o clock. I’ll be taking the kids to their mum with it this morning

KATE: alright, sir.

(At 9.am, Kate fed the kids and got them ready. Mr Ambrose helped ensure that Shasha’s buggy was properly secured in the car and that Tatiana’s seat belt was fastened. As he got into the car to drive off, Patrick kept waving at him to stop..)

Mr Ambrose (winds down his glass) what’s the matter, Patrick!

PATRICK: sorry oga, I hear say una dey go see madam. Abeg help me give am this small thing (handing him an item wrapped in a plastic bag)

MR AMBROSE: and what are those?

PATRICK: na some fresh cashew fruits I just buy now. Madam dey like am well Well. Na him I say make I buy am for her. Tell am say I dey pray for am and I miss am well well!.

MR AMBROSE: (automatically winds down the back glass) drop it on the back seat. Thanks, Patrick and ensure the gate is locked alright?

PATRICK: yes, oga! Bye bye o! Greet madam. Good woman! God bless Madam!?‍️?‍️?‍️

(Mr Ambrose and the kids got to Chioma’s family home and saw her sitting under the mango tree with Deric. She was eating some of the fruits he bought her. Mr Ambrose took off his sunglasses to confirm what he had just seen)

MR AMBROSE: so this is it? He even comes here to see you and your lying mother and uncle claimed they have never seen him!

DERIC: what! Come on man! You need to grow a pair! What’s wrong with you!
Your wife is innocent! Don’t ruin your home with your own hands I swear you will live with the regret all the days of your life. I have been there, bro. Calm down!

MR AMBROSE: I swear to God, One more word from you and I will gun you down right here. You had the temerity to sleep with my wife, got her pregnant and you are asking me to grow a pair!!!
We shall see!
(Gets into the car and zooms off)

CHIOMA: ???

TATIANA: daddy, why are we going back home?

MR AMBROSE: shut up!!!

To be continued

THE brideGLOOM. Episode 17

MR ADRAIN: guess what, Charlotte?

CHARLOTTE: what?

MR ADRIAN: our flight has been cancelled. Sugar!

CHARLOTTE: oh No! And I told my husband that I am coming back today! Oh No!

MR ADRIAN: just ring him and tell him what’s on ground. It’s not your fault

CHARLOTTE: but we’ve already checked out of the hotel. What do we do now!

MR ADRIAN: I’m sure there’ll be some hotels around. I’ll look around on the internet and get us a room.

CHARLOTTE: so you enjoy being with me and you were pretending initially.

MR ADRIAN: see, I don’t beg women for sex. Well, I did that when I was a lot younger. I’m too old to beg for sex. If it happens, it happens!

CHARLOTTE: why is that?

MR ADRIAN: because then, there wouldn’t be any of those he used me bullshit women spread around.

CHARLOTTE: I see!

MR ADRIAN: that said, you are really great in bed. If I had wanted to get married again, your bedroom skills would have got me popping the question. But I’m done with marriage.

CHARLOTTE: but you are still enjoying the dividends of marriage.

MR ADRIAN: because I’ve got the money.

CHARLOTTE: excuse You! Your money? Did you pay anyone here for sex?

MR ADRIAN: I may not have specifically called it money for sex. But bringing you here, and every other expenses I’ve made on You, may well be the cost of getting inbetween your legs

CHARLOTTE : you are so disrespectful!

MR ADRIAN: you are right. I have no respect for women. I do not owe them any. I only owe women money!

CHARLOTTE: do you think you are being really rude now?

MR ADRIAN: would you rather I lie to You? After my ex wife was caught having sex with a minor, I lost every ounce of respect I have for women. Anyways, I found another hotel nearby. One more night of adult fun with You, Gorgeous!

CHARLOTTE: don’t be silly!

MR ADRIAN: you know you like it! Let’s face it, you first asked for it. This is something you have been desiring for so long. So don’t pretend!

CHIOMA: mama! You’ve been very gloomy since you came back from the market. I asked you earlier but you said you were just tired. And here you are crying!
If my being here upsets you that much, then I will look for somewhere else to go!

MADAM NKECHI: ? it’s not You, my daughter. The rent for my shop is long overdue. The landlord gave me just two days to pay up or vacate the shop.
The only money I have on me is the one i have kept for your ante-natal and the one i wanted to buy you some maternity gowns with. I hate that you still wear these clothes and struggle to get them out.

CHIOMA: don’t let that bother you, mama. I am going to my husband’s house to get my clothes . For my ante-natal, I’ll ask Kate to lend me some money. I’m sure she will. So pay your shop rent.

(Chioma got to her husband’s house, knocked on the gate and Patrick opened the gate. Once he saw her, he quickly stepped outside the compound and shut the gate behind him…)

PATRICK: madam o! Hie! Madam. See as you don slim finish eh! I no like am o!

CHIOMA: please open the gate for me, I’m really tired.

PATRICK: hieeee madam! Oga hold my ear pull am very well, tell me say make i no allow you enter him compound again. Say him go kill me if you enter here. Wetin I go do naw o!???

CHIOMA: it’s okay, Patrick. I’ll wait here while you go inside and tell him that I am here to see him

PATRICK: madam you sure say you no go enter abi?

CHIOMA: Patrick, I won’t lie to you.

(Patrick went inside and called Mr Ambrose. After a short while he came out, opened the gate but stood right in the middle in a manner that suggests that he does not want to allow Chioma access to the compound)

MR AMBROSE: why are you here?

CHIOMA: good morning, Ambrose

MR AMBROSE: good morning. I am doing well and so are the kids. What else brought you here? To show me your stupid bump?

CHIOMA: Ambrose, I am 7 months gone and I can no longer fit into my clothes

MR AMBROSE: that has nothing to do with me and everything to do with the father of the thing you are carrying!

CHIOMA: Ambrose, stop speaking of my child in that manner!.

MR AMBROSE: yes, madam. State your mission, I need to cook for my kids!

CHIOMA: I’m here to ask if you could let me take my clothes and fabrics so I can make new clothes

MR AMBROSE: you have no shame at all!

CHIOMA: yes, I have none! My mother cannot afford to buy me clothes! She is already taking care of the hospital bills!???
I have no shame, Ambrose! Just let me have my clothes that’s all I’m asking for!

MR AMBROSE: you are not stepping your shameless feet Into my compound!

CHIOMA: that’s fine. Go get them for me then. I’ll wait outside?

MR AMBROSE: maybe it’s time to go to the man who got you pregnant, and ask him to step up!
Get out of my house! (Bangs the gate against her)

(Mr Ambrose went back to his room and Chioma stood there for a while and then started walking down to the junction. Patrick waited for Mr Ambrose to go inside his room, then he quickly ran after Chioma)

PATRICK: madam! Madam wait!

CHIOMA: ?is everything okay, Patrick?

PATRICK: madam, abeg take this ten thousand naira take buy big clothes you hear! I give you my number too so that any time you want money make you call me. Make I run back before oga go catch me!?‍️?‍️?‍️?‍️

To be continued

EPISODE 18

(Yesterday evening, Kate got a friend to call her and tell her that her step mother was very Ill. This she did, so that she could be allowed a day off today to go and see Chioma.
Mr Ambrose obliged her and took a day off work to be with the children.

When she was about to leave, Mr Ambrose gave her fifty thousand naira to take her ‘step mother’ to the hospital.

Before then, she had bought lots of maternity clothes, undies, baby clothings and toiletries for Chioma and had left them at her friend’s house.
On her way, she picked the items up from her friend’s house and also used part of the fifty thousand naira to buy a bag of rice and a few other food items for Chioma and her mother, then made her way, using the direction Chioma sent to her via SMS.

as has been the case since Chioma left the house, the previous night was no where near peaceful, as Shasha Cried almost all night.

At 9.30, Patrick who normally turns up to work two hours early was no where to be found; so Mr Ambrose decided to give him a quick call to find out what was wrong. Patrick told him that he is no longer happy to work for him anymore, as he misses Chioma and would only come back to work if she comes back to the house.

frustrated, angry and knackered, he decided to read the kids some stories)

MR AMBROSE: so what story should we read today?

TATIANA: the homeless piglet!

MR AMBROSE: but we read that last night. Shall we read The Singing Bird?

TATIANA: daddy, what is this thing on your tummy?

MR AMBROSE: (struggling to keep his eyes open) it is called Birth Mark.?

TATIANA : who gave it to you?

MR AMBROSE: God?

TATIANA: how come mummy don’t have it? How come nanny Kay don’t have it? How come Shasha don’t have it? How come I don’t have it!!!!
Daddy!!! (Shakes him as she calls out)

MR AMBROSE: Yes, darling.

TATIANA: stop sleeping! Shasha says when can we see mummy?

MR AMBROSE: Shasha never said that. She can’t talk yet. You kn-ow it’s wr–on-g to…to tell lies, right?

TATIANA: but you lied to us that mummy was coming back and she never did! Daddy? Daddy! Daddy!

MR AMBROSE: (mumbles) Yes, my angel

TATIANA: are you a liar?

MR AMBROSE: Yes (falls asleep)

(When the girls noticed that the story may never happen, they decided to do their own things. About 40 minutes later, Mr Ambrose was woken by the sound of the electric kettle which Shasha had pulled down. Luckily, there was no water in it.
When he got closer to the kitchen, he noticed that Shasha had emptied the bag of rice on the floor and was having some good time distributing it all over the floor.

He quickly grabbed her and checked she was not injured and thankfully, she wasn’t!)

MR AMBROSE: Jesus Christ!!! Tatiana!! Tatiana!!!! Mummy!!! Mummy where are you?
Shasha, where is Tatiana?

Shasha: Tatin door? (pointing to the direction of the door)

MR AMBROSE: Lord, please don’t punish me more than you have done already! Tatiana!!! Tatiana!!

(Mr Ambrose looked everywhere on the street but there was no trace of her. He entered every property in their estate but no one had seen her. At this point he went back to the house to pick up his car to go to the police station.
On getting home, Kate was already in the house, so he quickly told her what had happened and left Shasha with her and made his way to the police station.

After giving his initial statement, the police asked if he had a reason to believe that anyone could kidnap his child, he told them that his wife could have done that to frustrate him for refusing to give her maintenance money.
So the police followed him to Chioma’s house. When they got there, they met her eating some of the fruits Kate had bought her earlier)

POLICE OFFICER: Good day, madam.(holding up his ID) My name is Officer Ayodele. Could I ask that you come with us to the station for a brief interview over the disappearance of one Tatiana Chisom Ambrose, Please?

CHIOMA: eh??? Did I hear you right? Who’s missing! Ambrose?? Who’s missing. My own Tatiana or some other Tatiana??? Ambrose! Ambrose!!!! What have you done with my child? (Tries to attack him but was stopped by the police officer)

?????mama!! Mama!!! Ambrose has killed my daughter!!!

MADAM NKECHI: what is going on here. Ambrose, o gini??? Killed which daughter?

MR AMBROSE: Tatiana is missing?

MADAM NKECHI: (Picks up an empty can of Coke lying around and throws it really hard on his head) who is missing eh!???? the child that was left under your care is missing and you are here doing what??? Hieeee!!! Chineke biakwa o!!! (Runs into her kitchen and comes back with a bucket full of dirty water and baptised Ambrose with it???????????)

POLICE OFFICER: stop it madam!!!!! or I’ll arrest you for assault!

MADAM NKECHI: shut up! Mechie onu gi!!! Come and arrest me!!

POLICE OFFICER: a child is missing and this is only going to cause delay in finding her if we would. Every second counts! Why don’t you all cooperate and find this child then you can continue with your rage!
Madam get into the car please. I understand that you are heavily pregnant but I promise to make the interview as friendly as possible and you can always take a break when you need to. There is no need to worry at all.
My wife is pregnant as well, so i sort of understand how all these can affect you. But I’ll make sure you are alright. Please get into the car.

MADAM NKECHI: I am going in too!

POLICE OFFICER: phewww! Madam, you are very troublesome!

MADAM NKECHI : you are yet to see trouble. This is only the tip of the iceberg. You are about to shake hands with a troubled widow! Ambrose okwa gi! I will deal with you!

Chioma, her mother and Ambrose got into the police car and made their way to the police station.

To be continued

THE brideGLOOM. Episode 19

CHARLOTTE: shall we go for lunch, it’s almost break time.

NINA: sure. We haven’t been out together in a long while

CHARLOTTE: Yes and we have a lot of catching up to do!

(The girls got to the restaurant, ordered some food and drinks, and as they ate, Charlotte began to tell Nina her worries..)

CHARLOTTE: I am not happy with my life, at all

NINA: how can you be, when you are married to a dead bit.

CHARLOTTE: it’s not about Deric this time. It’s about me. I am not happy with my lifestyle.
I have the money, and freedom yet deep down, I am not happy. And I don’t think what we told that man about his wife is right.
Deric is really mad at me because their marriage packed up as a result of it.

NINA: So? This is why I don’t like doing stuff with you. You didn’t break their home, did you?
Deric is stupid! He is more concerned about her than he has ever been about you!

CHARLOTTE: Deric is actually a good man. He is just frustrated that he has no job at the moment.

NINA: since when? Chai!! Hahahahaha! So you went on holiday with another man and maybe he wasn’t as great as you expected in bed, and all of a sudden, the Deric you told me was your worst nightmare suddenly became the best man in the world??? Girl!???

CHARLOTTE: Nina!! What are you insinuating? I never slept with Adrian!

NINA: you did, babe. I saw the videos from his phone. Come on! Don’t lie to me! You even initiated it. The video was steaming hot though. The lap dance, how you seduced him until he became helpless..

CHARLOTTE: stop!!!!

NINA: hahahahaha! You see why you should never lie to me?

CHARLOTTE: yeah, it happened and I regret it. How did you manage to find it?

NINA: I spent the night with him

CHARLOTTE: hmmm! Did he invite you?

NINA: not really…

(The ladies went back to the office and Charlotte decided to confront Mr Adrian about the the video clips)

CHARLOTTE: you are sleeping with Nina now, right?

MR ADRIAN: that is supposed to be personal. Get out of my office.

CHARLOTTE: I will . Can I ask that you delete every personal image or video of me in your possession. Thanks

MR ADRIAN: Yes, mother !
KATE: Oga, there is a knock on the gate

MR AMBROSE: is there? I’ll go see who it is.

(He opened the gate and there stood a couple and Tatiana. Immediately she saw her dad, she jumped on him and held him tightly around the neck)

MR AMBROSE: Jesus! Mummy!!! Thank you Jesus. Mummy are you okay?( looking all around her body)

MR IKE: morning, sir. My name is Mr Ike and and here is my wife. We own a restaurant at the end of this street. Don’t know if you are aware, but there is a narrow path at the back of that big uncompleted building . It leads to our house and we go home through it at the end of every day.

At quarter past 12 yesterday night, we found her on that path crying and calling daddy. We were shocked and my wife carried her, she was quite scared and when we asked her where she was going, she said she was going to grandma Nkechi’ s house to see mummy.
We tried to get more information off her but she was too upset to talk so we took her home and this morning, we decided to take her to the police station; but while we were driving past here, she said it was her daddy’s house

MR AMBROSE: oh thank you, Jesus! Since yesterday, I have been a walking corpse. I was getting ready to go to the radio station to put it on air that she was missing.
You guys are life savers!
She is a beloved child and I would have killed myself if anything had happened to her!
Thank you so much!!!! Please give me a minute ?‍️?‍️.

(Mr Ambrose went inside and brought the couple a cheque of one hundred thousand naira. They were very thankful and left. He showered her and took her to the police station where Chioma has now been detained for 24 hours.
She explained to the police what had happened and asked them to release Chioma. They cautioned him informally and brought Chioma out)

CHIOMA: (tightly hugging Tatiana and crying) oh! My little girl! Thank you for coming back . Thank you Jesus!

TATIANA: mummy, I was looking for you because I miss you

CHIOMA: I miss you too, darling but you must not leave the house without telling daddy or nanny Kay. Alright?

TATIANA: Alright, mummy. Mummy your tummy is very fat

CHIOMA: Yes, because I will be having a baby next month.

TATIANA: is it going to be a tiny baby?

CHIOMA: Yes, it will but then it will grow into a big baby

MR AMBROSE: Chioma, I am really sorry for what I put you through. I sincerely apologise

CHIOMA: please get Patrick to always keep the gate shut!

MR AMBROSE: Patrick left.

CHIOMA: why?

MR AMBROSE: because you are no longer at home. He said he will only come back if you do.

CHIOMA: just look after them, Please! Get someone else or take the responsibility. It doesn’t take a lot to lock a gate!

MR AMBROSE: ermm, do you want to have lunch with her somewhere?

CHIOMA: Yes.

(Ambrose took them to a nearby restaurant, they had lunch and he dropped Chioma to her house and went back home with his daughter )

To be continued

THE brideGLOOM. Episode 20

Mr Ambrose has not been to work for almost two weeks and although Kate has been doing a fantastic job with the kids, Ambrose has become paranoid that something might happen to the kids if he leaves.
So he decided to go and speak with his mum to see If she could come over and look after them for a few days.
He took the kids with him and as they drove into the compound, Tatiana saw grandma watering her flowers and started jumping up and down in the car in excitement and trying to undo her seat belt….

TATIANA: grandma!! Grandma!!!???

GRANDMA : Yes, grand daughter! Awwww look at my gorgeous girls!!! Hang on! Hang on. Let dad undo the seat belt. Shasha sweetie! Look at You!?‍️?‍️

MR AMBROSE: (gets out of the car and helps the kids out) good morning, mother

Grandma: morning, son. How are You?

MR AMBROSE: so so.. have you heard from Dad?

GRANDMA: we just finished speaking on Skype. He’s doing well. Going for his hospital appointment at 3pm their time

MR AMBROSE: both of you use the internet more than I can ever do in my life

TATIANA: grandma, where is grandpa?

GRANDMA: grandpa went to America to see his doctors

TATIANA: Why?

GRANDMA: because he was feeling a bit unwell (carries Shasha and holds Tatiana as they walk into the house)
Ambrose, what did they have for breakfast?

MR AMBROSE: I bought them biscuits, mother

GRANDMA: you did What??? Ambrose you fed your kids biscuit for breakfast????

MR AMBROSE: well, that’s what they asked for?

GRANDMA: Oh don’t sound daft! You don’t give kids everything they ask For! You are there to help them be kind to themselves. They are not!
Tatiana, would you like some cornflakes, sweetheart?

TATIANA: Yes!!! Grandma!??

GRANDMA: Shasha, would you like some cornflakes, sweetie?

SHASHA: yesh, Kanma?

GRANDMA: Ambrose, help yourself in the kitchen

MR AMBROSE: mummy, my business is suffering

GRANDMA: fantastic.

MR AMBROSE: mummy! Did you actually hear me or you just answered?

GRANDMA: you said your business is suffering.

MR AMBROSE: so what is fantastic about it????

GRANDMA: everything! This is only the beginning

MR AMBROSE: mummy!!

GRANDMA: son.

MR AMBROSE: I just wanted to come and ask you if you could come over and look after them a little since daddy is not home.
Ķ

GRANDMA: I love these kids to bits. Because Bartholomew passed away. God rest his soul, they are the only grand kids I will be having. So they are precious to me, but I will not look after them.
Since you have decided to be stupid, you must take on the responsibility that comes with being stupid. Even if it means your business going into liquidation, so be it!

MR AMBROSE: but she cheated on me!!!

GRANDMA: unfounded!!!! Unfounded, son!!! You make me question the essence of your education, son!
The money I spent sending you to the university in America is beginning to look like a waste!

MR AMBROSE: mummy, I am a billionaire!!!

GRANDMA: with a midget brain! A bankrupt brain! Come on now, son! Your wife was accused of infidelity which she denies and I believe her, by the way.

A sensible man will discreetly do a DNA test to ascertain the paternity of the child before making a public mockery of his wife!

You have done none of that because your tiny lazy brains won’t go that far and you expect me to come and play mother to your children so you can continue to enjoy your business life as if nothing happened!

MR AMBROSE: mum, stop!!!?

GRANDMA: shut your tramp! How dare you raise your voice on me? Are you crazy? Have you lost your mind?? How dare You!
Don’t think you have grown wings, I will break them into tiny pieces, son! Mummy will do!

MR AMBROSE: I’m sorry, mum

GRANDMA: not yet, you will be sorry by the time Shasha starts school next week. And you must send her to school o! No excuses otherwise I’ll take you to court for neglect!
Little kid in diapers!
Look at how much suffering you’ve put that girl through!?
I went to see her on Monday and she barely attends her antenatal because she cannot afford transport fare!
That is a woman who held your home together while you climbed the ladder of success! Ungrateful pathetic fool!??

MR AMBROSE: but she is carrying another man’s child!

GRANDMA: oh! You are doing my head in, now! Says which doctor?????
By the way, didn’t you get a Romanian lady pregnant whilst in the university and convinced her to abort the child? Who is playing holier than thou here??? Don’t play that game with me, I know you, son!

MR AMBROSE: at least i wasn’t married then!

GRANDMA: what difference does it make?

MR AMBROSE: mummy, so you won’t have them for just one week so I could go to France and come back?

GRANDMA: I won’t have them for one minute! As soon as they are done having their breakfast, you are taking them home. Mr self-sufficient!

MADAM NKECHI: Why are you up early, Chy?

CHIOMA: mama, I’m going to the market with you. I’m bored of staying here all by myself and crying?

MADAM NKECHI: so that is what you do when I leave, right?

CHIOMA: I’ll come with You, mama.

(Chioma followed her mum to the market and was helping her attend to customers when she heard someone scream her name..)

JUDITH: Chioma!!

CHIOMA: no way! Who am I seeing?????? Judy!!!! Oh my God!?? (hugs her)

JUDITH: how’s family and the kids??? Wow! Look at You! Another one baking!

CHIOMA: They are doing very well, thanks. How’s work?

JUDITH: not bad at all. Can’t complain! What are you doing here?

CHIOMA: helping my mum today.

JUDITH: I bet your husband isn’t anywhere near. He wouldn’t let you do this at all. I remember how he wouldn’t let go of you at Lola’s wedding. He didn’t even allow you help her get dressed. ??? such a loving husband God blessed you with

CHIOMA: so how is your brother. Is he walking now?

JUDITH: thankfully, yes. He was in the wheelchair for five months

CHIOMA: Wow! God is great!

JUDITH: babe, do you mind coming with me to the car. I need to talk to You?

CHIOMA: sure!

(They walked to where Judith parked her car, she opened and held the door for Chioma, stood by until she was comfortably seated, then she got into the driver’s seat herself and shut the door)

CHIOMA: nice car, you’ve got!

JUDITH: thanks. Babes, is everything okay with You?

CHIOMA: yes, everything is fine?m

JUDITH: you can’t be saying that with tears in your eyes and expect me to believe You, can You!
I appreciate that pregnancy can affect people in different ways, but Chioma, you look far from being okay!
When I saw you at Lola’s wedding, i didn’t need a prophet to tell me that you were happily married, right now, I also do not need a prophet to tell me that something ain’t right.

CHIOMA: I and Ambrose are separated and the kids are living with him. He accused me of cheating and getting pregnant by another man. Judy, I feel so worthless and heartbroken.??

JUDITH: but you are not worthless. You are a daughter of a king. You are a royal diadem in the house of God. He sees you as a royal priesthood, His own special Child.
He can heal your broken heart if you give him all the fragment of it. He loves you with an everlasting love.
It doesn’t even matter what you have done. He said, though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed from you

CHIOMA: I have tried everything I know, Judy???

JUDITH: then it’s time to try God. You know that He is the originator of marriage right? God is interested in marriages. He is able to rebuild these broken walls. He is able to restore all the years that the cankerworm has stolen. He is able to bestow on you a crown of beauty instead of ashes
The oil of joy instead of mourning and a garment of praise instead of this spirit of heaviness. From this mess, he is able to make a beautiful message to the world.

CHIOMA:?????

JUDITH: I’ll take you to Lagos with me. By the grace of God I am comfortable. Stay with me until you put to bed and wait for God to perfect his work in your marriage.

CHIOMA: I don’t want to stay far away from my kids

JUDITH: from Lagos to Abuja is only about an hour flight. Whenever you wish to see them, I’ll make sure you do. Please, come with me. Okay, beautiful?

CHIOMA: ??? okay. Let me go and tell my mum

To be continued
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MY WIFE: Episode 21-28 Edoman 4 7,617 03-22-2019, 05:59 PM
Last Post: lilymoon
  MY WIFE: Episode 11-20 Edoman 4 6,897 03-22-2019, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Gimbiya
  FRIENDLY ENEMIES* *Episode 19-24 Edoman 2 3,520 01-08-2019, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Edoman
  *FRIENDLY ENEMIES* *Episode 15 -18 Edoman 2 2,915 01-08-2019, 01:30 PM