The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $postsdone - Line: 867 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 867 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 867 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15602 - Line: 867 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15603 - Line: 867 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15604 - Line: 867 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15721 - Line: 867 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15780 - Line: 867 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 16113 - Line: 867 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15602 - Line: 1576 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1576 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1578 buildtree
/showthread.php 879 buildtree
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15603 - Line: 1576 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15604 - Line: 1576 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 15780 - Line: 1576 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 16113 - Line: 1576 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 880 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $multipage - Line: 33 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $multipage - Line: 65 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 65 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season (2) Shades of Lust Episode 25-55
Episode 43

Jude’s side of the story continues

‘’in case you need my help in anything, all you have to do is simply ask’’ Tracy breathed with a smile as she pulled away from me. I swallowed hard as I returned her gaze. I couldn’t help but wonder how I could turn things back to old times.

‘’can you go with me to the hospital to check on Emmanuella?, I will appreciate your company’’ I asked. She smiled and shrugged.

‘’I was on my way to get something before we ran into each other, so give me few minutes, I will be set to go with you’’ she replied softly.

——————————————-

few minutes later

As we headed to the hospital in my car, my mind somehow brought up Pamela’s image. I couldn’t help but wonder how she was faring with the pregnancy. I felt like calling her later in the day when I was done with Kelvin’s assignment but another part of me kicked against it.. Of course I did a very good job of shutting her out of my life after retuning back to the country. I avoided chatting or speaking with her on phone, I closed every contact with her with the hope that such attitude would make her give up on me.

I was still busy with my thoughts when Tracy’s phone rang, gaining my attention. I listened softly as she answered the call which made me more bitter or should I say jealous.. The manner and tone she used in answering the call, clearly showed that she was speaking with her new guy, something she had never done in my presence.

‘’it’s him huh?’’ I asked calmly after she was done with the call.

‘’yes and he is so much in love with me. All he wants is a little more encouragement and he will quickly rush and pay my bride price. But I’m not in a hurry’’ she breathed with a smile while I threw her a quick look. Of course she answered innocently but her answer really hurt me badly. I would have preferred she lied a little about it.

‘’so tell me more about him?’’ I asked softly.

‘’what do you want to know?. He’s is a civil servant just like my parents. He is around thirty or so. He is very caring and not a cheat. He has all it takes to make a woman happy’’ she answered with a smile while I bit my lips, unable to say anything else. Of course I realized that moment that the more I asked questions the more I was hurting myself. It appeared she cared less about what her answers were doing to me but of course I was the one asking in the first place.

‘’so what’s up with you and Beauty?’’ She surprisingly asked after few minutes of silence. I threw her another quick look, wondering the reason she asked the question.

‘’there is nothing going on between us, it’s just that she sometimes keeps me company and helps me with her food’’ I answered carefully.

‘’hmmm that’s’ how it starts’’ she breathed softly.
We said nothing more until we got to the hospital minutes later.

——————————————

After asking around at the hospital, we discovered that Emmanuella was still at the intensive care unit. She was still very much alive but then no one could actually say if she was going to make it or not. We equally saw her family members lurking around; however we tried our best not to get noticed and left afterwards.
Of course watching over Emmanuella really looked a bit impossible to me. It was all in God’s hand.

——————————————–

Cynthia’s side of the story continues

As I walked out of the police building, I went over all Kelvin needed me to do for him. He badly needed food and money. He equally had begged me to get some of his clothes from his house and keep in my care. He also asked me to see his parents, something I agreed doing the next day. But that was not all; the most important thing he needed was for me to help prove his innocence and get Jessica arrested, something that seemed very impossible without Emmanuella’s support. Making sure that Emmanuella’s life wasn’t in any more danger then became another big priority.

Instead of heading back to my house, I headed to Joe’s gym to seek for his help. Dealing with Jessica wasn’t something any sane person would do alone and even though I hated admitting it, I knew very much that she was a tough lady to handle.

———————————————-

Joe was really very surprised to see me at his gym by that hour and yes the last time we saw was the day he tried settling issues between Kelvin and I. He was a good friend but just like Kelvin, he equally wasn’t a clean guy.
In no time I told him the reason for my visit and Kelvin’s current condition. He couldn’t believe his ears.

‘’I hate to tell you this but Kelvin really dug his own grave. No wonder he has been avoiding me lately. I haven’t seen nor heard from him in a while but that won’t stop me from watching out for him. I hate doing anything with the police, so I won’t be able to visit him at the police station but I can help in other things. We can go get his clothes together. I know Jessica will be there and you can’t go alone’’ he offered while I shrugged in resignation.

————————-

an hour later, Kelvin’s house

Joe softly knocked at the front door while I nervously waited for Jessica to show up. Of course I was very nervous. The few times I confronted Jessica in the past never ended in my favor and I was clueless on how things would go that very evening.

The front door soon opened, revealing Jessica who froze for some seconds on seeing Joe and i. it was just as if she couldn’t believe her eyes.

‘’what are you guys here for huh?. Even you Joe?, I thought you have been wise to stay away from your friend’s issue all these while?. Why are you here now? Or did she force you to come here against your wish?. All I need to do is simply make a distress call and you will find yourself back in prison or you think I don’t know?’’ she threatened Joe who instantly drew back with a look of surprise. She smiled with satisfaction and faced me.

‘’the last time you faced me you ended up in a refuse dump. Are you here for a rematch?. I hope you know this place is my property and I can do anything I like to you?’’ she threatened me coldly. I forced out a smile even though deep down I was a little shaken.

I had to be brave and face her, after all she was nothing but a lady just like me.

Episode 44

‘’we are here to get some of Kelvin’s things and I advise you let us into the house. Thank God you very much know my record. I’m not soft like Kelvin and I won’t mind strangling you here right now, so better let us have our way’’ Joe chipped in seriously, gaining back Jessica’s attention with his words. For the first time, I noticed a little show of fear in her. It was very obvious she bought Joe’s threat.

‘’what do you want to take from the house?’’ she asked, trying hard to regain her defiant composure.

‘’it’s none of your business my dear, I will stay here with you while Cynthia goes in to get the stuffs’’ he replied with a cold smile.

‘’no I can’t accept that’’ she breathed.

‘’really?, so you want me to use force on you then?. The last thing I want is to spend another day in prison because that place is very horrible and to avoid that from happening, I will do everything not to get back there, including killing you just to get the things we came here for. You know we are very much alike and you also know how it feels when someone stands in your way. So I beg you for the last time, let Cynthia into the house’’ Joe breathed seriously while Jessica shrugged.

‘’okay you have five minutes’’ she said to me. I smiled, nodded at Joe and quickly went into the living room, from there I headed straight to Kelvin’s room.

I had no difficulty in getting Kelvin’s clothes, bag and other personal stuff he asked me to get and you can’t imagine the look on Jessica’s face when I walked out of the apartment with the load. I couldn’t help but notice how she strained her eyes to see what I got from the house. I simply smiled at her and walked away with Joe.
Of course I was happy I came with Joe. He was so very helpful

‘’so where next?’’ he softly asked as we headed out.

‘’first we will head to my house to drop off Kelvin’s things, then we head to the hospital to check on Emmanuella’’ I breathed.

‘’you are such a wondrous lady you know. I can’t imagine you are making these sacrifices for my friend, even after knowing that he not only cheated on you with Jessica but with Emmanuella as well. You are really a rare gem’’ he praised while I smiled. Oh yes I knew I left everything in the hands of God but then I equally was surprised at myself, very surprised with the way I was carrying out the assignment as if my life depended on it.

On getting to the hospital we had a little difficulty locating Emmanuella, however a nurse helped us out after we tipped her handsomely.
‘’you know some guys can be so ruthless, imagine shooting his girlfriend for no just reason. Probably they quarreled or something but that didn’t justify him shooting her and endangering the poor girl’s life. The bullet was successfully removed hours ago but she’s still very unstable. Her family members just left minutes ago, leaving behind this young girl to watch over her’’ the nurse said as she pointed to a young girl when we got to the unit Emmanuella was kept.

‘’I have to go now. I guess you will be alright from here?. You know I can’t do much to help out. I have been avoiding anything that will make me interact with the police’’ Joe said softly.

‘’yea I do understand. Thanks for everything’’ I replied with a smile. He breathed deeply, took a quick look at the girl before walking away.

I stared at the beautiful young lady who silently watched over her sister with tears in her eyes. She was in a crowded hospital but yet looked very lonely. She looked nothing more than twenty three years old. The exact age of my sister who watched over me when I was bedridden months back. I couldn’t believe Jessica was still free out there after creating so much havoc and misery. I softly walked up to the girl with a forced smile and gently touched her right shoulder. She stared at me curiously.

‘’hey my name is Cynthia. I’m Emmanuella’s friend’’ I lied softly as more tears dropped from the poor girl’s eyes.

‘’thanks for coming, none of her friends has even called nor asked of her. You are so kind to stop by’’ she breathed, touching me with those simple words. I gently squatted by her side.

‘’we will watch over her together. I’m here to stay. If you need anything, just tell me. How long have you been here?’’ I asked curiously.

‘’I arrived here with some members of our family by 10am, others have left and it’s my duty to watch over her till she either dies or recovers. Have you heard anything about the guy that shot her?. I hope he will pay for this madness?’’ she asked with great hope while I swallowed hard unable to say anything.
Of course I couldn’t tell her that I wasn’t really her sister’s friend. I couldn’t tell her that the guy they all presumed to be guilty actually sent me to take care of things. But then we all had a common interest. We all needed Emmanuella to survive.

It was such a touching moment.

Episode 45

Early the next day, as I headed out of my house on my way to the police station, a car quickly pulled up in front of me, blocking my part. My heart jumped in fear as I wondered what was going on.
Luckily I didn’t have to wait long to see Jessica jump out of the passenger’s corner with a very mean look. At first I thought she wanted to attack or harm me but all she did was to grab my hair while I faintly struggled to free myself from her strong grip.
Of course I was a bit terrified because I knew what she was capable of.

‘’listen I don’t know why you are snooping around over something that doesn’t concern you. Kelvin already dumped you and I see no reason why you should get involved in his affair again. Stay out of my business or you will end up dead. I’m not joking and I won’t warn you again’’ she threatened, pushed me backwards and headed back to her car which quickly sped away.

It really took me a while to recover myself. I never expected such action from Jessica and I needed no one to tell me that she could have killed me with that opportunity supposing she wanted. I just couldn’t believe it all happened and with that nervous state, I quickly reached for my phone and called Lydia, (my god mother’s cousin, who equally was a high ranking officer with the state police command. She was the officer who backed me up when I stopped Kelvin’s wedding with Jessica.)

‘’I’m not at work today; you can come over to my house. I hope you are fine?, you sound disturbed’’ she said to me with great concern,.

‘’very well, I will be at your house in few minutes’’ I muttered and hung up.

————————————–

9:21am, Lydia’s house 
(Cynthia and Lydia are seen discussing seriously)

‘’so that’s the new development my dear. I never imagined myself being in this situation’’ I breathed softly after narrating everything concerning Kelvin’s current situation to her. She listened very calmly, heaving a big sigh when I was done.

‘’I guess on Monday I will have to talk with the officers in charge of Kelvin’s case. It’s obvious they didn’t pay much attention to the details of the case or covering up their incompetence. According to you, the crime weapon wasn’t found on Kelvin, in his car or at Emmanuella’s house and there wasn’t a way he would have shot the girl, left her to dispose the weapon and returned on time for a neighbor to catch him standing over the girl. It’s quite obvious someone else shot the girl but proving it is going to be difficult. I believe the officers in charge of the case equally knew that and had to peg the crime on Kelvin instead of appearing clueless. Well I pray the girl survives and talk’’ she muttered intelligently.

‘’that’s the problem, Emmanuella is very vulnerable at the hospital. She is being watched over by a young confused girl. Anyone could easily take her out at the hospital. We need someone to watch over her’’ I pushed on breathlessly.

‘’that’s going to be hard’’ Lydia muttered, looking down.

‘’all I need is just a police woman to watch over her. The officer doesn’t need to be in uniform. I can pay for her time’’ I added pleadingly, leaving Lydia greatly surprised with my energy.

‘’come on, are you still in love with Kelvin?, don’t tell me you are?’’ she asked curiously but before I could answer, my phone rang, interrupting us.
I fetched my phone from my handbag and was surprised to see that it was Emmanuella’s sister calling. My heart froze as I nervously answered the call, thinking something bad had happened.

‘’my sister just woke up, I can’t believe it. You can come and see things for yourself’’ she announced happily, leaving me stunned momentarily.

‘’I will be right there in a jiffy’’ I breathed with great relief, hung up and stared back at Lydia whose eyes were on me.

‘’Emanuella just woke up, let’s go see her. Perhaps she can tell us everything’’ I said with great excitement.

‘’fine, let me dress up’’ Lydia replied quickly.

———————————–

Federal medical center Owerri

With great excitement Lydia and I walked up to Emmanuelle’s bed. Yes we had a great difficulty convincing the nurses on duty to allow us see the poor lady which they reluctantly did. But unfortunately when we got to the bed, Emmanuella was very much asleep.

‘’I couldn’t believe it when she opened her eyes. I immediately called the nurses before calling you’’ Emmanuella’s sister softly informed me while I nodded in appreciation.

‘’was she able to say something to you?’’ I asked the poor girl who shook her head.

‘’she was too weak to talk’’ she answered as we all stared at the sleeping lady.

After watching over her for about twenty minutes, she lazily opened her eyes again, drawing us up with great excitement.

‘’she’s up again’’ the young girl muttered happily while I drew closer and stared at Emmanuella who surprisingly left her eyes on me and tried saying something which was very incoherent. Her voice was too low to be heard.

The little sister instantly placed her left ear on her mouth and listened with great interest, frowning swiftly.

‘’did you get what she’s saying?’’ I asked quickly.

‘’she is saying,
‘She shot me, my friend shot me’, get her’.

‘’ I can’t get the other words. Is she referring to you?, are you the friend?’’ the little girl asked suspiciously.

Episode 46

‘’are you the friend she’s talking about?’’ Emmanuella’s sister asked again, leaving her eyes on me. I Just couldn’t say anything. The surprise and shock the question came with was just too much.

‘’please you guys should let her be for now. She needs time to recover. Just have patience, she will soon be strong to talk, for now you have to leave’’ one of the nurses annoyingly chipped in, interrupting us. I just felt a bit relived and annoyed at the same time.

‘’ can’t you give us little more time to understand what she’s trying to tell us?’’ Lydia quickly pleaded, but the nurse wasn’t ready to compromise her stand anymore.

‘’do you want her to choke?, please we can’t allow that. We already have done our best. Moreover she’s recovering, so just give her few days to be strong. We can’t allow you guys to continue questioning her for now’’ the nurse insisted, leaving us with no choice than to reluctantly leave the unit.

‘’I will try to get an officer to watch over her throughout this weekend. Hopefully by Monday she will be strong enough to talk’’ Lydia said with a smile while I shrugged in resignation.

‘’I really pray so. My heart won’t be at peace until she makes a clear statement seriously’’ I breathed. Lydia scoffed and held my hand.

‘’tell me, why are you making these sacrifices for that good for nothing guy?. I really don’t understand you’’ she asked curiously. I shrugged.

‘’honestly I don’t understand myself either but my conscience just can’t allow me to sit and watch him pay for something he didn’t do. Yes he wronged me in the past but I just don’t know’’ I poured out solemnly.

‘’I don’t know why bad guys keep having good women falling for them while good guys end up with the worst kind of women. Anyway I respect your decision and I will help you to the best of my ability. On Monday morning, I will be here with the officers in charge of the case and see if we could get Emmanuella to talk. She alone can save Kelvin for now’’ she added with a smile.

‘’I’m just scared of what Jessica could be planning. I know she won’t just relax and wait for Emmanuella to talk. Can’t you guys detain her or keep surveillance on her?’’ I asked desperately.

‘’that’s not in my position to do. Just go home and relax, Jessica won’t be stupid to try something funny in this hospital. She must have left town by now. That’s the only option I feel she could take’’ Lydia muttered intelligently.

‘’okay, I have to go check on Kelvin then’’ I breathed weakly.

———————————————————–
3pm, state police headquarters Owerri
(Cynthia and Kelvin are seen seriously discussing)

‘’so that’s the situation of things for now, Emmanuella is fast recovering and I believe she’s will soon get strong enough to say the truth but unfortunately you will be staying here till Monday, at least till Emmanuella talks’’ I softly informed Kelvin who listened very attentively. He looked so weak, so humble and scared. Of course he was a shadow of himself and I couldn’t help but imagine what was going through his mind. There wasn’t any doubt that his misfortunes had turned him into a different young man.

‘’you mean I will be staying here till Monday?. Gawd’’ he breathed sorrowfully.

‘’yes that’s if Emmanuella talks on Monday. Just be strong. It will soon be over’’ I assured him seriously.

‘’have you seen my parents?’’ he asked weakly.

‘’no, I haven’t gotten the chance to leave the city. I just told you how things have been for me since morning. Your issue really took all my time yesterday and now today’’ I answered and yawned.

‘’I just pray things works out in my favor. Thank you for everything Cynthia. I hope you will take me back when I’m out?, remember you promised’’ he suddenly asked, shocking me with the question. I forced out a smile.

‘’no Kelvin, all you have to do when you are freed is to start a new life. I won’t accept you back because I don’t think I will be able to live with you after all you have done’’ I muttered a bit coldly, avoiding his gaze. He swallowed hard, saying nothing.
I couldn’t help but notice how despaired he instantly looked.

Yes I still loved him but I wasn’t helping him for another relationship with him..

—————————————-

Monday morning, 

I walked into beauty’s room with a happy smile on my face. I was well dressed up; ready to head to the hospital to witness all Emmanuella had to say. Of course everyone, including Emmauella’s family, the police and Cynthia were all going to be there. It was like a judgment day for Kelvin and I couldn’t imagine missing out the show.

The smile on my face however quickly disappeared the moment I stared at Beauty’s face. She looked very dull, like someone angry over something. I dutifully sat on her bed and studied her curiously.

‘’what’s up?, you don’t look bright?, are you sick or what?, I thought you planned going to the market early this morning before going for lectures?’’ I asked quietly but she said nothing to me. It was my first time of seeing her so depressed.

‘’what’s wrong dear?, is anything the matter?’’ I asked once again.

‘’nothing, I just want to be on my own’’ she breathed coldly, surprising me with her cold reply.

‘’can’t you tell me the reason you are like this?, what are friends for?’’ I asked desperately, taking a quick glance at my watch at the same time.

‘’listen Jude, I don’t want to be your friend anymore, its better we remain hostel mates and nothing more. So please I just want to be alone’’ she muttered , leaving me totally stunned as I wondered what could have caused her to say those words to me.
Of course we had been very close to each other ever since I returned to the lodge after breaking up with Tracy and she had been extremely helpful. But I also noticed that she became a bit withdrawn and a bit distant ever since Tracy and I started getting along again, but I never took it as something serious since she had once tried to help me get back with Tracy or was I missing something?.

‘’we have done many things together since we became close friends and I cherished every moment, so why now are you pushing me away?’’ I asked breathlessly.

‘’you are a playboy Jude. You can’t play with my feelings anymore. Just go back to your Tracy and continue from where you guys stopped. From now onwards just forget about my company, my food and every other thing we used to share. I took this decision last night to protect myself and that’s it.’’ She muttered seriously, leaving me as stunned as ever as I stared at her with disbelief.

What could be wrong with her?

Episode 47

‘’Beauty I still don’t get you. I’m so confused’’ I breathed softly, standing up at the same time as I took another glance at my watch. I was supposed to be on my way to the hospital with Tracy that very moment and I just couldn’t get myself to walk out on her even though I strongly had the urge to do so.

‘’Later in the evening we will talk. I don’t feel like talking anymore’’ she added coldly, giving me the opportunity I needed to leave the room. I gave her one last look, shrugged and headed to Tracy’s room to meet her already dressed up and waiting for me.

‘’I’m sorry, Beauty kind of delayed me. She is behaving very weird. I don’t know what’s wrong with her’’ I apologized to Tracy who shrugged and scoffed.

‘’what?’’ I asked curiously.

‘’nothing, what do you want me to say huh?’’ she fired back with a slightly raised voice.

‘’the girl is acting strange. She said she doesn’t want us to be friends anymore and that I’m a play boy. I don’t know her reason for using such words on me. I have never made any funny moves on her, though i noticed she became very withdrawn ever since we starting getting along again’’’ I explained, expecting a positive reply from Tracy but instead she said nothing, leaving me a bit annoyed with her silence.

‘’you can’t even say anything?’’ I complained.

‘’what’s there to say huh?. Maybe I should go tell her that I haven’t accepted you back, that she should keep her hopes up’’ she muttered and scoffed again.

‘’keep her up hopes up?, what do you mean by that?’’ I asked while she sighed and frowned.

‘’you ask too many questions Jude. Are we still going to the hospital or not?’’ she asked, leaving me with no choice than to abandon the conversation and head out of the hostel with her.
In no time we got to the hospital, to meet Cynthia and a female officer patiently waiting for the officers handling Kelvin’s case to show up.

————————————

Cynthia’s side of the story continues{/b]
10am, federal medical center Owerri

I stared at my watch for the umpteenth time, wondering what could be delaying the officers who were to formally question Emmanuella. Lydia had insisted on waiting for them before we speak to the sick girl again, saying that it was in Kelvin’s interest. But then the more I waited, the more impatient I grew.
I threw a quick look at Emmanuella’s sister who was busy at the other side of the hall talking with some of her family members who showed up moments ago. She pointed at me as she talked to them and I pretended not to notice.

‘’so what’s going on?, we have been here for almost an hour yet I can’t understand what’s going on or what we are waiting for?’’ Jude suddenly asked, breaking into my thoughts and gaining my attention.

‘’here are the officers. I told you guys to be patient. It’s better they question Emmanuella on their own and draw their conclusions without any pressure’’ Lydia quickly chipped in while we all followed the direction of her gaze to see about five policemen coming towards us.
Lydia went forward to greet them while I stood and watched as they talked before coming towards me.

‘’we can now go and listen to what Emmanuella has to say’’ Lydia said to me with a smile. I smiled back at her, nodded at Jude and together we all went inside the unit where Emmanuella’s family members equally joined us to witness everything.

Emmanuella was sitting up on the bed when we all walked in to see her. The room just went dead quiet as the ASP in charge of the case drew closer to her and smiled. I swallowed hard as i watched the whole drama. Yes Emmanuella looked weak but stronger than the last time we saw her. Her health was of course no longer in danger.

‘’madam we are here for a very serious issue and we are also in a whole lot of pressure to get things right. That’s why we are here to question you instead of waiting for you to fully recover. We need your full cooperation and your statement will help us nail the person who shot you and probably help us in another murder case that just came to our table. Are you strong enough to talk?’’ the officer asked Emmanuella who nodded softly.

‘’are we free to record your statement?’’ he pushed on and Emmaunella nodded again. The officer instantly reached for a small recorder which her switched on.

‘’please tell us who shot you and how it happened?’’ he asked with an encouraging smile.

‘’my friend Jessica shot me because she found out that I was seeing her fiancée Kelvin and feared that I leaked the secret of how she murdered his uncle to him. She ran into us on Thursday evening and shot me without any fear. Jessica shot me, not Kelvin’’ she breathed softly while I heaved a sigh of relief. Her voice wasn’t very loud but audible enough for everyone to hear.

‘’and you are sure you told us nothing but the truth?’’ the officer asked. She nodded.

‘’good we will go get Miss Jessica right away. Thanks for helping out’’ the officer muttered professionally, nodded at his men and headed out while Lydia and I followed them.

‘’so what’s the plan now?’’ Lydia asked with a smile.

‘’we are going over to Kelvin’s house to arrest his fiancée’’ the officer replied. Lydia shrugged and shook her head.

‘’I doubt if you guys will be able to get her. She’s probably out of the city by now but well at least Kelvin has been vindicated’’ she muttered while I held my breath.

Episode 48

‘’how about we follow them to Kelvin’s house?. We can go with your car’’ I asked Lydia who shrugged in resignation.

‘’okay if you say so’’ she breathed.

——————————–

Twenty minutes later we arrived at Kelvin’s house with our hopes up. I couldn’t wait for Jessica to be arrested and put behind bars, I just felt like growing wings and flying to wherever she was to grab her. But then as we watched the policemen move into the building, I couldn’t help but believe in Lydia’s prediction. Jessica wasn’t a stupid woman and the last thing she would do was to sit back and wait for the police to arrest her. She had enough time to escape and I knew if it was the case that we all could still be in danger.

The ASP and his men soon emerged from the building, sweating profusely. The look on their faces clearly showed how disappointed they were. Of course Jessica wasn’t with them and I couldn’t help but imagine the next step they were going to take in finding her.

‘’I said it. Jessica must have left town during the weekend. I knew coming here was going to be fruitless’’ Lydia muttered with a smile before alighting to join her colleagues. I dutifully followed her out of curiosity.

‘’no one is in the house apart from the gate man. He said the last time he saw Jessica was on Saturday evening’’ the ASP said to us, wiping sweat from his forehead.

‘’so what next?’’ I asked.

‘’we will have to map out plans to capture her but first you will have to follow us to my office and bail Mr. Kelvin since you are now the person representing him’’ the officer said with a shrug.

‘’well let’s go get Kelvin first. We can worry about Jessica later’’ Lydia breathed with a smile.

———————————

Kelvin’s side of the story continues 
1pm, state police headquarters Owerri
I nervously sat in the cell as I counted the hours, praying and begging God to help me out. I couldn’t imagine spending another day in the horrible place. I couldn’t imagine what was going to be my fate supposing the police fail to get the truth out of Emmanuella. I was so hopeful and scared at the same time.
My heart kept pounding furiously as I nervously waited to be called out.

After what seemed like an eternity, a police corporal came to fetch me and I couldn’t help but pray for it to be my last moment in that terrible place.
The smile on Cynthia’s face as I was led into the ASP’s office was enough to assure me that all was well. I heaved a sigh of relief as tears of joy filled my eyes.

‘’Mr. Kelvin you are a very lucky man and your God really performed a very big miracle for you. Try staying out of trouble from now onwards and always make yourself available to us. We have gotten all we needed to free you and Miss Cynthia bailed you out. So you are free to leave’’ the ASP said softly while I swallowed hard as I stared at Cynthia with gratefulness.. Who would have thought that a lady I watched as she almost died the previous year was going to help me out in such a way. Who would have thought that Cynthia of all people was going to sacrifice her time and life to make sure that I wasn’t thrown in prison? Of course it was her opportunity to get back at me, to see me pay for all I did to her, but what did she do instead?, she kept aside the past and still fought for my freedom.

I just didn’t know what to say to her, how to appreciate her. I just didn’t. All I did was just to stare at her without saying anything.

————————————–

An hour later, @kelvin’s house

‘’I have done my part and escorted you back to your house, our business is over. Just patch up what’s left of your life. I’m leaving’’ Cynthia suddenly said as we walked into my sitting room. I silently stared at her for few minutes before bravely drawing close to her.

‘’thank you for everything Cynthia, I do owe you a lot. How about you stay with me here?. Please’’ I begged softly. She instantly frowned.

‘’and what’s the meaning of that?. Please I only helped you to secure your freedom and that’s it. You don’t have any right to demand anything else from me’’ she fired coldly.

‘’but I don’t want you to leave. I’m ready to patch up my life and start all over again but I can’t do it alone. I need you’’ I begged desperately.

‘’I don’t love you anymore Kelvin. All I feel now for you is nothing but pity and I can’t go into a relationship out of pity. I can’t’’ she muttered, leaving me so pained with her words.
Yes I wasn’t expecting a quick acceptance from her but then I was very hopeful. I was very desperate to have her back.

‘’please I beg of you. This is coming from my heart. I have nothing but my heart which I’m offering once again to you’’ I begged while she sighed.

‘’the last time you offered your heart to me, I took it like mine and nursed it with all my strength but what did you do in the end?. You took it away from me and gave it to another woman to damage. Just patch up what’s left of it. I’m leaving’’ she shouted and headed to the door.

‘’please don’t walk away Cynthia. I’m kneeling for you’’ I begged, throwing away the remaining pride in me as I knelt down for her. She turned and froze for a while as her eyes ran all through me. I instantly had great hope that she finally was convinced but to my dismay she shook her head and left the room, leaving me kneeling.

‘’I don’t love you anymore Kelvin. All I feel now for you is nothing but pity and I can’t go into a relationship out of pity’’her words rang in my head again and again.

To be continued.
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}

Messages In This Thread
RE: Season 2 Shades of Lust Episode 25-55 - by Edoman - 12-21-2018, 07:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chidinma – New Season Alhani 0 597 07-22-2021, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Alhani
  Famine looms as farmers fear bandits, herdsmen, others ahead of rainy season Edoman 0 515 02-26-2021, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  Insecurity: We wish to see farmers return to farm before rainy season – Lawan Edoman 0 477 02-23-2021, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Edoman
  season, in favor of Lucas and Ware Womens Dusti elaine95 0 846 01-22-2020, 09:25 AM
Last Post: elaine95
  season. But Steelers RB James Con elaine95 0 803 01-10-2020, 08:20 AM
  they would have paid him to not play for the last month of the 2018 season. By signin elaine95 0 891 12-20-2019, 08:32 AM
  season games, which the Giants split.This elaine95 0 870 12-20-2019, 04:20 AM
  ground. Hill’s single-season receiving yard elaine95 0 865 12-09-2019, 08:33 AM