The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 86 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 86 errorHandler->error

Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
Some point about your community
Much More.. or Create an Account

{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 killed, 100 kidnapped as gunmen attack Emir of Potiskum
30 killed, 100 kidnapped as gunmen attack Emir of Potiskum

January 15, 2020Samuel Ogundipe
[Image: Kaduna_State_map.png?fit=777%2C599&ssl=1]Kaduna State map used to illustrate the story.
Related News

Six killed, many kidnapped as armed men in military uniform attack emir's convoy
17 killed, seven kidnapped in violent attacks in Nigeria last week
Police rescue three kidnapped ABU students
Insecurity: 21 killed, 12 missing in various attacks across Nigeria last week
36 killed, 27 kidnapped in various attacks across Nigeria last week

At least 30 people were killed while 100 were feared kidnapped after gunmen opened fire on commuters along Kaduna-Zaria Highway on Tuesday, according to security report and police statement.

The Emir of Potiskum Umar Bubaram was amongst those who sustained severe injuries and still receiving treatment at the hospital as of Wednesday night, police said.

Gunmen opened fire on Mr Bubaram’s convoy around Maraban Jos interchange of the busy highway at about 11:00 p.m., according to security sources.
The emir reportedly lost four of his drivers in the attack, PREMIUM TIMES learnt.

A police statement on Wednesday night said the men were dressed in military fatigues when they struck on the axis, which has been amongst the most notorious haven for kidnap-for-ransom criminals in recent years.
Kaduna police spokesperson Sabo Abubakar said only six people were killed in the attack while five sustained injuries. He admitted many people were kidnapped but did not give a figure. But top security sources briefed on the incident told PREMIUM TIMES the feared death toll was at least 30 as of Wednesday morning.

The attack marks the latest in a string of violent attacks on civilian population across Kaduna and nearby states in Nigeria’s northwest.

Senate President Ahmed Lawan, who comes from Yobe where Potiskum is one of the largest settlements, reacted swiftly to the attack on Mr Bubaram’s convoy Wednesday night, condemning it in strong terms while condoling with victims.
The police said a manhunt for the suspects and an investigation into the attack began on Wednesday.

Premium Times
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
Gunmen Attack Emir of Potiskum's Convoy, Kill 3, Emir Rushed To Hospital in Zaria [Photos]

Jan 16, 2020 | Sadiq Abubakar, The Nigerian Voice
[Image: XGltYWdlc1xjb250ZW50XDExNjIwMjAzMDYwNF9p...AwfDIwMHw=]

Unknown gunmen have attacked the First Class Emir of Potiskum, Alhaji Umaru Bubaram, killing three of his aides along Kaduna- Zaria highway.

According to reports, the Emir was on a tour of traditional institutions across the Northern part of the country as part of preparations for the official commissioning of Potiskum Central Mosque scheduled for January 18, 2020.

It was reported that, he was on his way to Zaria when his.comvoy was ambushed and attacked by the unidentified gunmen few meters to Fandatio village, about 2 kilometers to Maraban Jos around at about 2:00 am on Wednesday.

At the time of filing this report, it was not confrmed whether the attackers target was the Emir. Other motorists were reportedly affected by the attack.

The news was formally disclosed to the media by a traditional title holder on the Emir of Potiskum’s entourage, Sarkin Yamma Potiskum, Alhaji Gidado Ibrahim at Barau Dikko Hospital in Zaria where the emir was rushed to for medical check up.

Meanwhile, the Kaduna State Police Command PPRO, Yakubu Sabo, has confirmed the attack along the highway but said a statement will be issued after investigation on the attack has been concluded.

Below are photos of burial of Emir's aides that were killed
[Image: XGltYWdlc1xjb250ZW50XDExNjIwMjAzMTQzNl9p...YvMjAyMA==]
[Image: XGltYWdlc1xjb250ZW50XDExNjIwMjAzMTQzNl9p...YvMjAyMA==]
[Image: XGltYWdlc1xjb250ZW50XDExNjIwMjAzMTQzN19p...YvMjAyMA==]
[Image: XGltYWdlc1xjb250ZW50XDExNjIwMjAzMTQzN19p...YvMjAyMA==]
[Image: XGltYWdlc1xjb250ZW50XDExNjIwMjAzMTQzOV9p...YvMjAyMA==]
[Image: XGltYWdlc1xjb250ZW50XDExNjIwMjAzMTQzOV9p...YvMjAyMA==]
Mammoth crowd attend funeral of Emir of Potiskum's aides killed by gunmen along Kaduna-Zaria Highway

[Image: 5e208afbc013d.jpg]

Mammoth crowd witnessed the funeral of four aides of Emir of Potiskum, Alhaji Umaru Bubaram, killed by gunmen on the Kaduna-Zaria Highway on Wednesday.

The burial was held around 10am on Thursday, at the Emirate Council Palace, Potiskum, Yobe State.

[Image: 5e208a11b4832.jpg]

Six people were killed in the attack including two commuters. Several other people were also said to have been abducted.

Spokesman of the Kaduna state police command’s spokesman, Yakubu Sabo, who confirmed the incident, said that the monarch was at the Barau Dikko Hospital in Kaduna and was “doing very well.”

The emir and one of the traditional title holders in his entourage, Sarkin Yamma Potiskum- Alhaji Gidado Ibrahim, said that the attack occurred at Fandatio village, near Maraban Jos.

The command’s spokesman said investigation into the incident had commenced.

[Image: 5e20899f4c402.jpg]
[Image: 5e2089afd8c23.jpg]
[Image: 5e2089fa9ba6c.jpg]

trekked in the bush for hours - Emir of Potiskum recounts encounter with bandits that killed 6 people in attack against his convoy

[Image: 5e237251e11cc.jpg]

The Emir of Potiskum in Yobe State, Umaru Bubaram has narrated his encounter with bandits who killed 6 people during an attack against his convoy at Kaduna-Zaria highway.

Recall LIB reported that 4 aides of the Emir and 2 passengers of a bus were killed by the bandits during the attack which also left many injured. 

Recounting his ordeal with newsmen, Bubaram said he trekked in the bush for hours till the shootings was a bit far off from him. He also disclosed that he slept overnight in the bush after the attack. 

Emir of Potiskum said; 

Quote:“We were just about thirty seconds from our discussion then the sound of gunshots erupted. The gunshots were unbelievable. It was just like a war field. 
“Instantly, I saw my pilot driver swerved and then hit a standing vehicle. I suspected the shooting affected him and the police people around him.
“As the shooting was going on, we decided to abandon our vehicles and take to safety. God in His infinite mercy led me to escape the danger zone. The gunshots continued for almost two hours. I continued trekking into the bush until when the sound of the guns was a bit far off from me. That is how I found myself, it’s God mercy that helped me to escape danger zone.
“I was in the bush all the time the shooting was going on. The shooting started at around 11.00pm and did not stop until around 1.00am, the following day. I decided to remain in the bush till morning. The security people started to come for me and other groups at around 2.00am but I refused to come out at the time because, I didn’t not know the objective of the attack.
“I stayed in the bush because I may fall a prey of the attack. I stayed in the bush until morning when the security came back and I came and they picked me up. They took me to the hospital for medical checkup.
“I was well comforted so I didn’t develop any trauma. I didn’t even know about the death of my people until yesterday morning when the news was brought to me that I lost four of my people in that skirmishes. Some of my policemen also sustained gunshots but were treated at the hospital.”

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kidnapped wife and 8-month-old son of former Zamfara councillor regain freedom (photo Edoman 0 834 08-13-2021, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Edoman
  Six killed as Nigeria customs officials chase suspected rice smugglers in Katsina Edoman 0 814 08-09-2021, 09:02 PM
  Two kidnappers killed by vigilantes while collecting ransom in Taraba Edoman 0 713 08-04-2021, 04:17 AM
  Armed hoodlums attack Governor Ayade's former aide who refused to defect to APC Edoman 0 795 07-29-2021, 07:20 PM
  FG Deploys 9,100 Corpers In North-West, Gunmen Kill 344, Abduct 430 Persons July Edoman 0 739 07-28-2021, 10:51 AM
  Attack insecurity, not Igboho, Kanu – Anglican Bishop blasts FG Edoman 0 715 07-26-2021, 06:15 AM
  Two dead as suspected pirates attack military checkpoint in Delta community (graphic Edoman 0 807 07-21-2021, 10:17 AM
  Policeman and two others killed as robbers attack bank in Ondo state Edoman 1 870 07-16-2021, 04:45 PM