The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
Daily Devotional for Tuesday 22nd September - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://contripeople.com)
+-- Forum: Retired Forums (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Forum: Retired Forums. Please Make Your Post Within The 3 Forums In General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Forum: Daily Devotions (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: Daily Devotional for Tuesday 22nd September (/showthread.php?tid=38938)

Daily Devotional for Tuesday 22nd September - Edoman - 09-22-2020

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

TUESDAY 22ND SEPTEMBER.

ALERT AND SENSITIVE IN THE SPIRIT ALWAYS

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8).

On a certain day, as Jesus taught in one of the synagogues, He noticed a woman who was bent double; she couldn’t straighten herself. She had been in that condition for eighteen years. 

Then, Jesus said to her, “...Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God” (Luke 13:12-13).

Although the religious leaders present were indignant that Jesus healed the woman on a Sabbath day, the Master’s response revealed something striking. He said, “…ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?” (Luke 13:16).

The Master stated clearly that it was Satan who kept the woman in that condition through “a spirit of infirmity.” And as soon as He dealt with the spirit, the woman straightened up; she was made whole by the power of God.

Jesus understood the spirit world. He knew life was spiritual, and demon spirits are real and responsible for a lot of the infirmities that people suffer from. And through the Scriptures and insight He grants us by the Holy Spirit, we understand how to identify Satan and his works.

If you don’t know the Scriptures, you could be a victim of Satan’s devices. Study and meditate on the Word often; speak in tongues every day; be filled with the Spirit, and your spiritual alertness and sensitivity will always be at its peak. There’re spiritual dimensions to life. You need to know what God initiates, and what the devil instigates. The Bible says “...we are not ignorant of his (Satan’s) devices” (2 Corinthians 2:11).

CONFESSION

By the authority given me in Christ, I keep Satan and his cohorts under my feet! I live in God’s glory, walking in divine health, peace, safety, abundance and joy. I walk in the fullness of the blessings of the Gospel today. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY

James 4:7; 1 Peter 5:8-9; 1 John 4:4

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Galatians 6:1-18 & Isaiah 9-10

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Timothy 5:19-25 & Jeremiah 40

#TALKINGSESSION 

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD.

Dear Lord Jesus, I acknowledge You as the Lord of my life; You’re the Lord over my choices, desires, plans, and purposes. Always and at all times.

I thank You for granting me the Spirit of wisdom, understanding, and knowledge. Now, I am filled with the knowledge of Your will, in all wisdom, and spiritual understanding, to deal excellently in life.

I function daily from a place of inward sufficiency and operate from a vantage position of rest and satisfaction, irrespective of circumstances. Hallelujah! 

With my faith, I consistently frame my life in the path of glory and excellence, living the life of victory, success, joy, health, and prosperity which God has ordained for me.

I refuse to be disadvantaged or helpless in this life; my faith in the Word is effective and prevailing.

Thank You, for I am the first and the best of Your creations; I am indestructible and impregnable to the corrupting influences of this world because greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. 

I’m a new creature; I am supernatural! My life is a manifestation of the glory and beauty of divinity. I am alive to God, spirit, soul, and body, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you[Image: 20200903_0439042.png]

RE: Daily Devotional for Tuesday 22nd September - Edoman - 09-22-2020

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: TUESDAY 22ND SEPTEMBER 2020.

THEME: DEFEAT YOUR FEARS.

MEMORISE:

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.  2 Timothy 1:7

READ: Genesis 15:1-6

1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

2 And Abram said, LORD God, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?

3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.

4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.

5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” 2 Corinthians 10:5

Fear is a product of thoughts and imaginations the devil whispers to us. To defeat fear, you must cast down all such imaginations.

Anything that does not align with God’s word should not be allowed into your heart. For example, when the devil whispers “You will soon die”, cast down that thought by saying “I shall not die but live to declare the glory of the Lord” (Psalm 118:17). If he says you will fail, cast it down by saying “The Lord shall make me the head and not the tail. I shall be above only and not beneath….” (Deuteronomy 28:13). Don’t let the devil tell you what God has not said about you; always use the Scriptures as a weapon. That is what Jesus did. (Matthew 4:1-11).

Ephesians 6 says the enemy will throw fiery darts (arrows of fire) at us, but the shield of faith will protect us and ensure they don’t touch us.

“Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.” Ephesians 6:16

The devil sends fiery arrows in the form of fear to pierce and weaken us. Once fear is allowed into the believer’s life, he/she becomes weak and unable to fight. This is why every believer needs the shield of faith to ward off the enemies and their attacks. Remember, faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17).

Usually, when people in distress go to God, the first thing He says is “fear not”. This is because He knows that once fear is gone, the battle is as good as won.

I say to you today: it does not matter what the devil has told you; fear not, you will win this battle in the mighty name of Jesus.

KEY POINT:

As Jesus did in Matthew 4:1-11, always reply the devil with the word of God.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Esther 1-5.

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE 

HYMN 10: I AM A VICTOR.

1• Yes, I know I am a victor
For the Bible tells me so
God made me more than a conqueror
Much stronger than all my foes

CHORUS
Jesus loves me and I love Him
Together we rule the world
Christ with me I will overcome
By His Blood, His Name, His Word

2• Yes, I know I am a victor
Stronger than demons I am
To Satan I am a terror
I am free, o yes, I am

3• Yes, I know I am a victor
Stronger than lack, poverty
All my needs Jesus provides for
I have life abundantly

4• Yes, I know I am a victor
Barrenness no more indeed
Fruitful is the God I live for
All my dreams shall be fulfilled

5• Yes, I know I am a victor
By His strength I shall succeed
No more loss and no more failure
Glory to glory proceed

6• Yes, I know I am a victor
No more sorrow, no despair
Jesus Christ is my own Succour
Tomorrow is joy and cheer

7• Yes, I know I am a victor
Very soon I’ll reign with Him
His promise is my sure anchor
He’s coming to take me home

8• Jesus loves me and I love Him
We rule this world together
As He is so right now I am
Hear me shout Halleluyah

9• Jesus loves me Halleluyah
Hear me shout Halleluyah
Halleluyah, Halleluyah
Glory be to God on high

*MORNING TEA☕* 

*TUESDAY 22 SEPTEMBER 2020?* 

*REDEEM THE TIME⚓️*

*TODAY’S SCRIPTURE?* 
Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise. 
_*(Ephesians 5:15, NIV)*_

_*Ephesians 5:15 KJV*_
See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise.

*TODAY’S WORD?*
Time is one of the most valuable assets that GOD has given us. There are only 24 hours in a day, and once they are gone, they are gone forever. You can never live this day over again. The apostle Paul tells us to redeem our time, to use it wisely. That means, don’t waste it. Don’t live this day unfocused, undisciplined and unmotivated. 

I want to challenge you to take inventory of your life. Are you living it to the full? With purpose and passion? Pursuing your dreams? Or, are you distracted? Indifferent? Just doing whatever comes along? Are you in a job you don’t like? Hanging out with people who are pulling you down? That’s not redeeming the time; that’s wasting the time. 

GOD has given you a present. It’s called “today.” What are you going to do with it? If you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to be an “on purpose” person. You know where you’re going. You’re not vague, distracted, waiting to see what happens. This is a call to action. Get focused. Get organized. Set your goals. Make your plans. GOD could have chosen anyone to be here, but He chose you.

*A PRAYER FOR TODAY??*
Father, thank You for the gift of today. I dedicate this day to You. I dedicate my mind, will and emotions to You. Use me this day for Your purposes and keep me on the path You have for me in *JESUS*’ name. Amen.

*RESTORATION TODAY* 

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2020

*TOPIC: GOOD SUCCESS*

“And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him. And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.” Acts 21:8-9

*MESSAGE*
 Philip's ministry was exemplary! There were manifestations of good successes both at home and on the field and we have evidence of this in the scriptures. Perhaps, Philip was the most prominent among the seven deacons appointed in Acts 6. We have a lot to learn from his ministry.

God will never commission any minister at the detriment of the person’s immediate family. The secret of Evangelist Philip's success was his approach to ministerial duties. He took responsibility for his family; his ministerial assignment was not an excuse for him to be negligent at home. Philip's four daughters prophesied under the unction of the Holy Spirit. No wonder Apostle Paul and his co-travellers comfortably stayed in his home for some days. 

We must take our ministry's progress seriously both at home and on the field. We must also dedicate time to both, while trusting God for divine empowerment. Like Philip, we can succeed both at home and on the field. May our families bring forth good fruits even as our efforts on the fields are crowned with good success in Jesus Christ name.  Amen. 

*ACTION POINT*
 ?️  Devote attention and genuinely invest in your family’s spiritual and physical progress.

*SCRIPTURES*
1 Timothy 4:16; Acts 20:28

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, thank You for the grace to be able to serve You.

2. Father, empower me afresh so that I will not be guilty over my family in Jesus’ name.

3. God, give me the wisdom to serve You and carry my family along in the name of Jesus

*THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR* 
1 Kings 13:33-14:1-31, Jer. 25, Col. 2:1-8-3:1-4