The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error

Forums
Student who created Goodluck Jonathan’s parody account, freed after 82 days - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://contripeople.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: Student who created Goodluck Jonathan’s parody account, freed after 82 days (/showthread.php?tid=37792)

Student who created Goodluck Jonathan’s parody account, freed after 82 days - Edoman - 08-12-2020

Student who created Goodluck Jonathan’s parody account, freed after 82 days in detention

[Image: 5f33cd0fc852f.jpeg]

Olusola Babatunde, the final year student of Ladoke Akintola University and social media influencer who was arrested for creating a parody Twitter account of former President, Goodluck Jonathan has been released after spending 82 days in detention.

Media personality and Convener of #RevolutionNow protest, Omoyele Sowore announced his release via Twitter. He tweeted; 

Quote:#FreeShola has just been released from @PoliceNG detention in Abuja after more than 2 months for creating a parody account in the name of ex-President @GEJonathan, the former Pres. has also agreed to discontinue the bogus criminal trial. G-thanks to all! #RevolutionNow

[Image: 5f33cc636718d.png]

Recounting his experience while in detention, Olusola said; 

Quote: “There was no social distancing in detention. I guess the people in the cells are exceptional. It is like COVID-19 doesn’t infect them and this is despite the fact that new suspects are brought in every day without testing.
“However, we had an incident just once. There was a Chinese man who was a gold miner who fell ill. He was taken to a hospital and tested positive for COVID-19, so he was hurriedly released.
“He was in the Force Intelligence Bureau department so only the suspects in that cell were tested. We were all at risk of getting infected with COVID-19.
“It wasn’t easy. I spent 82 days in detention, and I was transferred to three different cells. I wore the same clothes for 82 days.”

The student who expressed disappointment that he was arrested despite being one of Goodluck Jonathan's biggest supporters, added; 

Quote:“The funny thing is that I even tweeted good things about Goodluck Jonathan a few weeks before my arrest. I said Jonathan’s administration was better than that of the current president. So, I was shocked but this is Nigeria.”

When asked if he was still a fan of Jonathan, Olusola jokingly said “May God help us.”