The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
Daily Devotional for Wednesday 1st January - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://contripeople.com)
+-- Forum: Retired Forums (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Forum: Retired Forums. Please Make Your Post Within The 3 Forums In General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Forum: Daily Devotions (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: Daily Devotional for Wednesday 1st January (/showthread.php?tid=27438)

Daily Devotional for Wednesday 1st January - Edoman - 01-01-2020

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

WEDNESDAY 1ST JANUARY.

YOU HAVE ALL IT TAKES

But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD (Genesis 6:8).

This is a new year, and it presents enormous opportunities for increased greatness and progress. Make up your mind that your past won’t be your master; it won’t be your limitation no matter how successful or how disappointing it might have been.

One of the things you must do is to start early; be determined to be ahead in your goals. Don’t delay or procrastinate on any project or assignment. Don’t find yourself doing in March, what you should have done in January. Be an early riser; I’m not just talking about waking up by 4 am, but having an early start in the things you want to achieve.

The Word of His grace is your advantage; that’s what you need to be ahead, and successful in all that you do. That Word came to us last night with so much power at the New Year’s Eve Service; run with it! If for any reason you missed or couldn’t participate in the service, watch out for the rebroadcast in any of our LoveWorld Networks today and the rest of the week.

Make up your mind you won’t struggle in accomplishing your goals. Everywhere you go, be conscious of God’s grace, His mighty hand of blessings upon your life. He has opened new doors for you, with opportunities that can’t be humanly explained. Therefore, go forth and win, for He’s all you need, and He’s in you strong; alive and at work. Glory to His Name forever! Amen.

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for your glory that’s evident in my life. Your favour surrounds me like a shield, and I walk in your blessings and supernatural provisions this year, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Isaiah 43:19; Proverbs 12:24 AMPC; 2 Timothy 2:1
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Matthew 1 & Genesis 1-2

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Acts 5: 33-42 & Nehemiah 3

RE: Daily Devotional for Wednesday 1st January, 2020 - Edoman - 01-01-2020

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: WEDNESDAY 1ST JANUARY 2020

THEME: START EARLY.

MEMORISE:

So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12

READ: Ephesians 5:15-17

15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,

16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

It is a New Year and many will have resolutions, goals and plans. I pray that all your good desires in this New Year will come to pass in the mighty name of Jesus. Now, let me ask: How have your goals for the previous year worked out? If you are not satisfied with your sincere answer to this question, then it means you need to change your strategy this year. It would be foolish to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.

Years ago, God asked me to sit and focus on a wall clock. While I was doing that, He suddenly spoke and said: Fools live by the year- they count the years, while wise people live by the day. Our memory verse says:

“So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.”

God went on to say that those who excel liv by the minute. Make every minute count this year. Those who will excel this year will be those who are constantly looking at their watches- those who will not wait until the sun rises before they rise, nor until the cock crows before they start working on their dreams. If you are wise, you will live by the minute. Who says that you cannot go beyond your own expectations for yourself this year? For you to achieve this however, you must live by the minute. You must also start early.

This year, you must serve God by the minute. One single minute away from God’s presence can be very dangerous and may bring consequences that would last a lifetime. Serve God with all your heart and meditate on His word day and night. This is not a year when you take your attendance in Christian fellowship for granted, but rather one in which iron sharpens iron; when you have to be on fire for God every single minute. I pray that you will have your best year yet this 2020, in the mighty name of Jesus. All your heart’s desires will be met by the Most High. You will serve Him with all your heart, and if Christ returns before the end of the year, you will make it to heaven in the mighty name of Jesus.

KEY POINT:

Start early and make every minute count.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 1-3

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 1: ALL HAIL THE POWER.

1. All hail the pow’r of Jesus’ Name!
Let angels prostrate fall;
Bring forth the royal diadem,
And crown Him Lord of all!

2. Ye chosen seed of Israel’s race,
Ye ransomed from the fall,
Hail Him Who saves you by His grace,

3. Let every kindred, every tribe,
On this terrestrial ball,
To Him all majesty ascribe,

4. Oh, that with yonder sacred throng
We at His feet may fall!
We’ll join the everlasting song,

RE: Daily Devotional for Wednesday 1st January - Edoman - 01-01-2020

SEEDS OF DESTINY DAILY DEVOTIONAL 

BY DR. PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

WEDNESDAY, 1ST JANUARY 2020

TOPIC: LOCATING YOUR BEARING IN LIFE

SCRIPTURE: Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli. Luke 3:21-23

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Your becoming in life is connected to your bearing on earth; life without purpose is pointless.

Happy New Year!

Beloved, I welcome and congratulate you for making it to the New Year, 2020. What a faithful God we serve!

This year 2020 is unique in every way. It is the year where there will be speedy manifestation of God’s promises in your life, family and in our nation. Your long awaited miracle will happen this year. By all means, your level is changing in this year 2020, in Jesus’ Name.

From our anchor Scripture, we see that at the age of twenty-nine (29), Jesus had still not commenced his bearing in ministry; it was after His baptism at the age of thirty (30) that He commenced His bearing, and ‘He began to be’ (Luke 3:21-23).

Beloved, your becoming in life is connected to your bearing on earth. Purpose determines pursuit, and pursuit fuels progress. Any life without a definite bearing becomes a burden; life without purpose is pointless. If this year 2020 must not end in regrets, then you must locate your bearing in God and align with the same.

What is your purpose or vision in life? In the year 2020, what do you want to achieve for God? Where do you what to find yourself in December 2020 if Christ tarries to come? What impact would you want to make in people’s lives in 2020? It determines whether you will end the year in regrets or in celebration.

In this year 2020, you shall succeed, in Jesus’ Name.

REMEMBER THIS: Your becoming in life is connected to your bearing on earth; life without purpose is pointless.

ASSIGNMENT (S)

1. Go to God in prayer to locate your bearing in life in case you are yet to know your God-given purpose in life.
2. Write down your visions or the things you trust God to achieve in this year 2020.
3. Review them from time to time in the course of the year and do those things that would make you realize those visions.

PRAYER: Lord, I thank You for the privilege of a new year, 2020. Reveal to me Your purpose for my life. I receive the grace to align myself to Your Will for my life. I shall succeed in 2020, Lord in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, get the Message: What is Most Important in Life?

QUOTE: Purpose determines pursuit; Vision guarantees direction. Culled from ‘365 Wisdom Capsules’ of Dr Paul Enenche

DAILY READING: Genesis. 1: 1-2:25, Matthew. 1:1-2:12, Psalm 1:1-6, Proverbs 1:1-6
AMAZING FACT: Aside bone marrow, hair is the fastest growing tissue in the body.

PROPHETIC WORD/DECLARATION: You shall begin early to fulfil God’s purpose for your life. Grace to escape the tragedy of a wasted life is released on you in Jesus’ Name.

*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY _DEVOTIONAL_ BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: WEDNESDAY 1ST JANUARY, 2020*

*TOPIC: PREPARE TO WIN!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: LUKE 4:1-15*

*Welcome to this wonderful year of ELEVATION! It’s a victory principle to begin the year with SEEKING THE LORD just as the LORD began His earthly public ministry by BEING LED OF THE SPIRIT to FAST, PRAY and be tempted! 

Temptation was added to the prayer and fasting in order to COMPLETELY PREPARE HIM for His role as THE LAMB THAT WAS SLAIN! Beginning the year with great expectations of winning over life’s challenges this year is great,* but it’s not the will to win that matters-everyone has that! It’s the will to prepare to win that matters! YOU MUST PREPARE TO WIN!

You do this by secluding yourself at the beginning of the year like this just as the LORD did! You prepare by fasting and prayers! You prepare by denying yourself a full social life! SCALE DOWN! 

*Truly, pain is sometimes agonizing! But it is temporary! It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If you quit however, it lasts forever! In life, if you fail to prepare, you’re prepared to fail.* Michael Jordan noted this: “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”

God is determined to move you from EXPECTATION to ELEVATION this year! That was what He told me! You may have had a bad last-year or maybe, your last year was your best in history! But hear this again: THE BEST IS YET TO COME! Vin Scully said: *“Good is not good when better is expected.”* Did you get that? THERE ARE BETTER AND GREATER things ahead! There are more testimonies ahead!

There are more new songs of celebration you will sing! There are more battles AND MORE ELEVATION STORIES ahead! *The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination!* Wear DETERMINATION as A ROBE in all you do this early year! Determine to fast again! Determine to get the “WAR AGAINST HAMAN – 15” booklet which contains the 21-day fasting prophetic prayers! 

Determine to sow again! Determine to still be at the WORLD ANOINTING ELEVATION NIGHT again! Determine to still give out more copies of this devotional this month and beyond. In life, persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement! The principle is competing against yourself. It’s about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before! NEVER GIVE UP now!

Continuous effort, REFUSING TO STOP TRYING, is the key to unlocking your potential! Champions are champions because they keep playing until they get it right! *Start praying “PRAYERS JUST BEFORE ANY FASTING PROGRAMME” ON PAGE 108 OF “WAR AGAINST HAMAN- 15” from today! No more stories without results! This is your year of DIVINE ELEVATION! It will happen!*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take Song 1: When the morning comes…

1. In your own words, pray about today’s word as led now.
2. Thank God for the GIFT OF LIFE! Millions did not see this year!
3. Lord, thank you for this New Year! I move from the GOOD of the past to the BEST of tomorrow.
4. I receive GRACE to get the “WAR AGAINST HAMAN – 15” booklet which contains the 21-day FASTING PRAYER POINTS.
5. I receive GRACE to give out ODM copies to help others participate in this fasting programme in Jesus name.

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: GENESIS 1-2*
*BY: BISHOP DR. CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/WRITER_

*Song 1: When The Morning Comes*

1. Trials dark on ev’ry hand,
and we cannot understand
All the ways that God would lead us
To that blessed Promised Land;
But He’ll guide us with His eye,
and we’ll follow till we die;
We will understand it better by and by.
*Refrain:*

By and by when the morning comes,
When the saints of God are gathered home,
We will tell the story how we’ve overcome;

2. Oft our cherished plans have failed,
disappointments have prevailed,
and we’ve wandered in the darkness,
Heavyhearted and alone;
But we’re trusting in the Lord,
and according to His Word,

3. Temptations, hidden snares
often take us unawares.
And our hearts are made to bleed
for some thoughtless word or deed
And we wonder why the test
when we try to do our best,

CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH

THE LIVING WATER {Jan-June, 2020}

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

- New Year's Day

TOPIC: EVERY REASON TO PRAISE
READ: Psalms 22:1-11; 19-28

MEMORISE: Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the one Israel praises. (Psalms 22:3)

EXPOSITION

Praise is another way to heighten our awareness of God's presence in our lives. Hence the, we need to take the time to cultivate the heart of praise for God in our Lord Jesus Christ. Psalms 22 reminds us that the Almighty delights to dwell in the midst of His people's praise. On this basis, it means that the more we cultivate the heart of praises, the more deeply we feel the Lord's presence in our lives. 

This has been true for so many Christians who can boldly testify if this.
Some might object to the phrase ‘cultivate the heart of praise’ on the grounds that they believe praise should be spontaneous and reactive, and not something that is summoned from within the soul. Therefore, it might be helpful to differentiate between the terms praise and thanksgiving. 

Although, thanksgiving is closely related to praise, the two are quite distinct. We thanks God for what He has done. We praise Him for who He is. Isn't that quite different? We praise God for His GREATNESS (Who He is). We thank Him for His GOODNESS (What He does).

There is always a reason to be thankful, because we have been redeemed through the innocent suffering/humiliation and death of Jesus, out Lord and Saviour. And there is always a reason to give praise, because God never changes.

Let us think and give thanks, ponder and give praise.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. O my God, give me the heart of praise to genuinely worship You, indeed.
2. Lord of heaven, continue to do wonders in my life, so that I will continue to give testimonies of Your Providence in my life, everyday of my life, in Jesus name.
3. Father, restore the spirit of praise and worship amidst out singers, worship leaders and instrumentalists that would regularly invoke Your presence and power in our services, more than ever before in Jesus name.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Genesis 1-2; Matthew 1
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!