The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
Daily Devotional for Wednesday 11th December - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://contripeople.com)
+-- Forum: Retired Forums (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Forum: Retired Forums. Please Make Your Post Within The 3 Forums In General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Forum: Daily Devotions (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: Daily Devotional for Wednesday 11th December (/showthread.php?tid=26588)

Daily Devotional for Wednesday 11th December - Edoman - 12-11-2019

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

WEDNESDAY, 11TH DECEMBER.

UNDERSTANDING THE WORD

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God (John 1:1).

As a Christian, it’s so important that you have an understanding of the Word. That understanding will help you have a concept of the Scriptures in a way that’s far beyond the generic; your approach to the Word will be different.

This is important, because except and unless you understand the Word, you won’t know how to apply it to your life and situations.

The Word is Himself, God. That’s what we read in our opening text. When He speaks to you, He becomes to you and in you what He says. Every time you study it, you feed your spirit and you’re able to live the life of the Word. Then you discover that your Christian life every day is full of joy and excitement.

As you prepare your goals for the coming year, make studying the Word, devoting quality time to search and meditate on the Scriptures a top priority. This will cause you to be enlightened, informed, refreshed, strengthened and graced for greater effectiveness in your work and ministry, and all that the Lord would have you do in the coming year and beyond. You’d find yourself walking in the path that He’s chosen for you before the foundation of the world.

Remember that your life has a purpose, and the purpose of God for you is revealed and becomes clearer as you fellowship with the Word and the Spirit. He’ll grant you insight through the Scriptures. He’ll bring your thoughts to something that He wants you to know now, that you can apply to your life.

Then, His wisdom will leap out of the message and inundate your heart, and you find that you’re walking the path of wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the understanding of your Word. As I give myself to the study of the Word, I’m enlightened, refreshed, informed and strengthened. My mind is receptive to the corrections, instructions and direction therein, as I walk in the paths you preordained for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Acts 20:32; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 4:12
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Revelation 3:7-22 ; Hosea 7-10

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 19:23-37 ; 2 Chronicles 23-24

There's lifting for you! In your finances, family, ministry, career, academics; there's a lifting up for you! You are not of this world, thus, that same situation that's causing other businesses to close down, that same situation will lift you high.

Jesus is the Lord of your life, and you'll never be defeated! The word of God will produce in you what it talks about.

Though a thousand may fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand, it will not come near you. Refuse to push the panic button because the destruction in the world is not for you. Hallelujah

God bless you

RE: Daily Devotional for Wednesday 11th December - Edoman - 12-11-2019

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: WEDNESDAY 11TH DECEMBER 2019

THEME: THE COST OF DISCIPLESHIP.

MEMORISE:

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. Luke 9:23.

READ: Luke 9:23-26.

23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Many children of God in this generation don’t know that discipleship comes at a cost. They don’t even know that our Master, Jesus Christ, has a yoke that they must share with Him. He Himself said to us in Matthew 11:29:
“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.”

Our willingness to share His yoke with Him is what qualifies us as His disciples. Today, the landscape of the Christian faith is dominated by what I term “the social gospel”. This gospel teaches that the end justifies the means. Things that Jesus Christ abhorred are what some so-called believers are courting today. Knowing that this would happen, the Holy Spirit revealed the mind of God on this to us in 2 Corinthians 6:15-16, saying:
“15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.”

This is the price of discipleship. There are many “disciples” today who are far from being the Lord’s true disciples. Many of such people cannot deny their ungodly friends, not to talk of denying themselves. They hold tenaciously to the world, contrary to the Holy Spirit’s instructions in 1 John 2:15-17. 

Beloved, are you a true disciple of Jesus or just pretending to be one? Ponder on this and let us stop deceiving ourselves. Remember the words of 2 Timothy 2:12, which says:
“If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:”

Further speaking on discipleship, the Lord Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:24:
“The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.”
The Lord’s principle on discipleship is firmly built on followership, service, humility, obedience and loyalty. If you want to follow Jesus acceptably, you must align your views with His ideals.

PRAYER POINT:

Father, please give me the grace to be a disciple that is true to the demands of the Master’s expectation, in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 107-110
Zephaniah 3

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 10: I HAVE DECIDE TO FOLLOW JESUS.

1. I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

2. The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;

3. Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;
Though none go with me, still I will follow;

4. My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I’ll carry, till I see Jesus;

5. Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?
Will you decide now to follow Jesus?

*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

11th December 2019

Devotional By Dr. Paul Enenche.

TOPIC: *Lasting By Fasting*

SCRIPTURE : "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint". Isaiah 40:31

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY : Your longevity is connected to your spirituality; to fast is to last
Fasting is abstinence from food or a thing; it is a highly spiritual activity that produces lasting impact. *You cannot be spiritual without a vibrant lifestyle of fasting.* Your spiritual life cannot survive without fasting (Mark 9:29). This implies that your natural life would be helpless without fasting too. 

The meaning is, if you must last on earth, you should have a fasting schedule. *Your longevity is connected to spirituality; to fast is to last.*

When Esther, Mordecai and the entire Jewish people were faced with the threat of extermination in the Persian Empire, it was through fasting that God intervened and saved them (Esther 4:16).

Please understand : Your preservation is linked with your dedication in fasting. To have a lasting result, you must have a fasting schedule; anyone who cannot fast, cannot last. The lack of fasting is a reason for the abortion of great destinies. There are things you can never access or achieve without fasting (Mark 9:29).

The truth is those who feast while others fast may fall while others fly. And those who are feasting and playing while others are fasting and praying cannot have their impacts stand the test of time.
Beloved, *whatever fights your ability to fast, fights your life and destiny. So, fight it brutally if you must make a lasting impact on earth.*

REMEMBER THIS : "Your longevity is connected to your spirituality; to fast is to last."
*ASSIGNMENT (S):*

*1. Consciously resist every resistance to your fasting life.*
*2. Determine to engage yourself in a periodic fast- it could be once a week or twice a week depending on your ability.*
PRAYER : Lord, I take authority over any unbridled desire and craving for food. I make demands on the power to subdue my appetite. I receive the grace to last in result, impact and on the earth Lord, in Jesus’ Name.

FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE : "Maintaining Spiritual Intensity".
DAILY READING : Amos 4:1 to 6:14, Revelation 2:18 to 3:6, Psalm 130:1 to 8, Proverbs 29:21 to 22

QUOTE: "You do not maximize your life until you understand the season." Culled from ‘Making Full Proof of Ministry’ by Dr. Paul Enenche
AMAZING FACT : During intense exercise in the heat, athletes can sweat off 2 to 6 percent of their body weight.
PROPHETIC WORD/DECLARATION : You shall last on the earth in Jesus’ Name; and the grace and discipline to do the right thing is released on you now, in Jesus’ Name

OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL 

BOOKLET FOR CHAMPION

DATE: WEDNESDAY 11TH DECEMBER, 2019

TOPIC: YOUR FAITH IS WHAT HE ATTACKS!
BASIC SCRIPTURES: (LUKE 13:11-17; 2 
CORINTHIANS 5: 7)

In so many of our meetings, the world anointing nights, Sunday Services, special prophetic, deliverance and impartation services, etc, we have always being humbled by the manifestations of the power of God resulting into diverse testimonies and breakthroughs.

During the last 14-day fasting anointing service, we saw the diverse manifestations of healings across the globe!

I will not forget the healing of kidney cases and the strong move of the LORD in calling out serious cases of FALSELY ACCUSED souls battling globally to redeem their names! To God alone be all the glory! I am particularly very excited when I see the Lord deliver men/women from the oppression of the devil in most of those meetings. Yes!

I jump for joy to see the head of the devil brutalized by the power of God. A lady once sent me a message of how God destroyed the hold of delay and stagnancy in her career; “My promotion was delayed for 6 years, but I never doubted who God was in my life and what He could do, irrespective of the year. My heart was fixed unto God. Our Daily Manna 11 December 2019 – YOUR FAITH IS WHAT HE ATTACKS!

Every year I participated in the 21-day prayer and fasting program, I sowed into the ODM vision no matter how little and gave my firstfruit offerings. I told God that I wanted my testimony to be published in ODM for the world to read and glorify my God. To the glory of God, my promotion letter came on the 31st of January this year – from Sister J.O”. That was the devil of stagnation sent back to hell.

I pray for you that whatsoever has held your health, career, business, academics, marriage or destiny captive is loosing its hold right now in Jesus name. We recognize from Scriptures that every affliction is one kind of captivity or the other. Disease, infirmity, poverty, sin, etc., fall into this category.

It is the devil holding such victims hostage. See Luke 13:16: “And ought not this woman…whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond?” That same question is asked BY THE TRINITY concerning you daily! My “3 FRIENDS” told me to inform you that the answer is YES!

Beloved, as 2019 ends, you will breakthe head of the devil and enjoy your freedom! Refuse to quit as you TRUST THE LORD! Satan knows that you are what your faith is!.

The quality of your life is a product of your faith! You will never get any victory that is bigger than your faith in God! This is why the enemy wants you to be discouraged and depressed! He knows that your faith is the fortress that keeps him off your territory (Ephesians 6:16).

That is why he targets and attacks your faith and trust in God. Choose FAITH and determine to always LOOK UP to the hills from whence cometh your help!

Walk by faith and not by sight (2nd scripture) and you will still sing a new song this year in Jesus name! This Saturday & Sunday are the Lagos, Ogudu 2-day Anointing Services. Theme: “OH YOU SATANIC MAGICIANS VOMIT MY GLORY! 
DELAYED BUT NOT DENIED.” Time 8.00am. Come with end-of-year prayer points. Be ready to pray!

PRAYER POINTS: Take any song of adoration to God.
1. Thank God for today’s word and pray as you are led.
2. Satan, you have been exposed! You cannot prevail in attacking my faith again in Jesus name. Give out the 2020 ODM!
3. I destroy the hold of the devil in this particular area (mention the area) of my life/ministry in Jesus name. Loose an end-of-year new song!
THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: (2 TIMOTHY 1-4)

CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH

THE LIVING WATER {July ~ Dec., 2019}

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Wednesday, December 11, 2019
- International Mountain Day

TOPIC: POWER TO POSSESS
Read Joshua 14:6-14

6. Then the children of Judah came unto Joshua in Gilgal: and Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite said unto him, Thou knowest the thing that the Lord said unto Moses the man of God concerning me and thee in Kadeshbarnea.

7. Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the Lord sent me from Kadeshbarnea to espy out the land; and I brought him word again as it was in mine heart.
8. Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the people melt: but I wholly followed the Lord my God.
9. And Moses sware on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon thy feet have trodden shall be thine inheritance, and thy children's for ever, because thou hast wholly followed the Lord my God.
10. And now, behold, the Lord hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the Lord spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old.
11. As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in.
12. Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the Lord spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the Lord will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the Lord said.
13. And Joshua blessed him, and gave unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh Hebron for an inheritance.
14. Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite unto this day, because that he wholly followed the Lord God of Israel.

MEMORISE: Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite to this day, because he wholly followed the Lord God of Israel (Joshua 14:14)

EXPOSITION

Today's Living Water dose is sequel to yesterday's, which talks about the need to claim your inheritance, and how Caleb sought to possess and eventually possessed his God-given inheritance, including mountain areas. This is relevant on the occasion of this year's International Mountain Day.

Powerlessness is a curse, and sometimes self-imposed, because of the right steps one refuses to take, or is ignorant of taking. It is not that easy to grab good things in life. Progress, fulfilment, success, achievement, advancement, and all positive things one can wish, or desire in life is seldom achieved, so easily. This is why 'pursuit' is very much relevant in making success.

The lesson today is that no one who successfully and wholly follows God can lose out. Caleb succeeded in taking Hebron as his inheritance because he followed God, wholly. He was one of the twelve who spied Canaan, and one of the two who believed that God had given the land to Israel, and as such, they could possess it.

Caleb is an example of how God is faithful and good to those who are faithful to Him in all circumstances. For staying true and faithful to God, here are some of the good things that happened to Caleb:

1. He survived the wilderness, while others perished;
2. He entered the promised land. Today, many people don't get the fulfilment of such promises in their lives, because of not being faithful to God;
3. God gave him health and strength; and
4. Joshua permitted him to claim what belonged to him.
You cannot follow God wholly and be barren. Impossible!

PRAYER POINTS

1. Make it possible for me to seek and follow You with wholehearted devotion, O Lord, in Jesus' name.
2. I trust You Lord, to accord me the reward of staying true and committed to You.
3. Lord, help the church to continually demonstrate Your power to the world around.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Daniel 3:15 - 5:10; 3 John 1:2 - 1:14; Jude 1:1 - 1:8
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!