The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
Daily Devotional for Sunday 8th December - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://contripeople.com)
+-- Forum: Retired Forums (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Forum: Retired Forums. Please Make Your Post Within The 3 Forums In General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Forum: Daily Devotions (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: Daily Devotional for Sunday 8th December (/showthread.php?tid=26465)

Daily Devotional for Sunday 8th December - Edoman - 12-08-2019

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

SUNDAY, 8TH DECEMBER.

DON’T PLAY GAMES WITH YOUR CHRISTIANITY

But that which ye have already hold fast till I come (Revelation 2:25).

One of the things you must make up your mind to do is to be very serious with your Christianity. Don’t profane spiritual things or play games with the Spirit. Some people become so carnal and casual with spiritual things and don’t realise when they’ve walked away from God and His plan for their lives.
It’s like what happened to Saul, the King of Israel.

He had gone too far in the wrong direction that even when Samuel the prophet was interceding for him, God said, “No need; I’ve found someone else to replace him” (read 1 Samuel 16:1). God’s plan was for Saul to have an eternal dynasty in Israel, but he lost it, and David got it.

Esau’s story is another painful one. The Bible says, “Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright” (Hebrews 12:16). How sad! Afterwards, when he attempted to get the same blessing he had profaned, the Bible says in Hebrews 12:17, “…he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.” His tears didn’t make any difference; it was too late. This happens to many.

Imagine that a brother was made a cell leader or Bible study class teacher, but because someone “offended” him in the church, he was upset enough to walk away from his responsibility towards his cell members. He even decided he’d no longer be a member of the church. That’s so wrong.

Hebrews 12:15 says, “Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled.” Don’t allow bitterness or anger prevent you from fulfilling your destiny in Christ. Make up your mind to live in the Word, and by the Spirit of God. Follow spiritual instructions and be excited about your service in the house of God.

PRAYER

Dear Father, thank you for your grace at work in me to do your will, and fulfil my destiny. I’m running my race to the finish line, focusing all my energies on being all that Christ Jesus saved me for, and destined me to be, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

2 John 1:8 NLT; 1 Corinthians 15:58; 2 Peter 1:10
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Revelation 1 ; Daniel 11-12

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 18:28-40 ; 2 Chronicles 17-18

Affirmation

8th December

I affirm that God has lavished His grace on me, with all Sophia and Phronesis. I am an answer from God! My experience in life is different because I am full of the wisdom of God.

My faculties are all submitted to the wisdom of God. Wisdom is using my mind; wisdom is using my brain; wisdom is using me, walking and functioning through me.

The Wisdom of God has made His home in me; I’ve got wisdom for every situation. God has made me wise and I am a wonder to my world. Everywhere I go, the lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places, for I have a goodly heritage. I know what to do at all times because the wisdom of God is functioning through me. Hallelujah!

I am a problem solver; a solution bringer. I am an answer from God! I am relevant and needed everywhere. I see and hear by the spirit; I know and understand by the Spirit. I am a spirit-led man (woman, boy or girl) and I am full of the Holy Ghost. I’ve got the life of God in me; thus, I’ll never be sick.

There’s only one way in my life; it is the way of prosperity, it is the way of victory, it is the way of success. I do not fail because victory is already mine! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. Greater is He that is in me than the darkness in the world. Greater is He that is in me than the wickedness and evil in the world. Greater is He that is in me than the violence in the world.

I am moving forward by the speed of the Holy Spirit and my light is shining brighter and brighter unto the perfect day. Glory to God. Hallelujah!

God bless you

RE: Daily Devotional for Sunday 8th December - Edoman - 12-08-2019

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SUNDAY 8TH DECEMBER 2019

THEME: THE FRUITFUL BRANCH.

MEMORISE:

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. John 15:5

READ: John 15:1-7

1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

A common practice in the Body of Christ today is the preference to fellowship in big congregations. This idea is favored by many because it affords them the opportunity of attending church without participating in any form of service, thereby evading responsibility and commitment. People who indulge in this are the category of people Jesus refers to as unfruitful branches in today’s Bible reading. Although they are born-again members of the Church and branches in the Vine, they are unwilling to make serious commitments to the Lord’s service or be tied to any responsibility in His Church. Such people are ignorantly denying themselves great blessings from God. Incidentally, without active participation in church activities, spiritual growth and fruitfulness will be stunted. Children of God should know that fruitfulness is mandatory and highly rewarding. It is mandatory because God commanded it in Genesis 1:28. Which says:

“And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it…..”

The blessing that God bestowed on humanity here is the source from which all other blessings flow to mankind. This scripture also defines a very important principle of life: fruitfulness comes before multiplication. A person that is fruitful will automatically multiply, and anyone who refuses to be fruitful may never multiply.

God has provided everything that is required for our growth in the Vine. Therefore, barrenness or unfruitfulness in any branch of the Vine may be due to sickness, detachment from the vine or a lack of willingness to bear fruit. The Holy Spirit makes it clear that a branch in the Vine can be sick or attacked by pests, saying in Psalm 107:17:

“Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted.”

It is also possible for a branch to be detached from the Vine, making it possible for the fluid of life flowing in the Vine to reach it. Such a detached branch will not only find it impossible to bear fruit, it also stands the risk of dying off. It is possible to find a branch in the Vine that is unwilling to be fruitful, as exemplified by the man given one talent in Matthew 25:24-25. Fruitfulness is a covenant benefit of God’s children that can affect every area of their lives. You can be fruitful spiritually, materially, academically, socially, physically and financially. Deuteronomy 7:12-14 reveals that God expects you to be fruitful in your body, in your business and in your livestock. This implies that everything associated with you is to carry the mark of God’s blessing. Praise God!

PRAYER POINT:

Father, please make me a fruitful branch in all ramification of life in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 92-99
Habakkuk 3

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 4: TAKE MY LIFE.
1. Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
*Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2. Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3. Take my voice and let me sing,
Always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold,
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use
Every pow’r as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

*MORNING TEA☕*

*SUNDAY 8 DECEMBER 2019?*

*HE GIVES US VICTORY⚓*

*TODAY’S SCRIPTURE?*
But thanks be to GOD, Who gives us the victory [making us conquerors] through our *LORD JESUS CHRIST*.
_*(1 Corinthians 15:57, AMPC)*_

_*1 Corinthians 15:57 KJV*_
But thanks be to GOD, which giveth us the victory through our *LORD JESUS CHRIST*.

*TODAY’S WORD?*
GOD wants to pour out His favor on you so that you can live in victory in every area of your life. The Scripture says He always causes us to triumph through *CHRIST JESUS*. That means no matter what you may be facing today, GOD wants to make you more than a conqueror.

Are you battling sickness? GOD wants to give you healing. Are you struggling with a broken relationship? GOD wants to give you restoration and peace. Are you facing a need - physically, spiritually or emotionally? GOD’s favor will bring you provision and supply all your needs according to His riches in glory. Many times in the Bible when GOD’s people were going into battle, the worshipers were sent out in front of the warriors. When you choose to worship, when you are thankful and bless the *LORD* in the midst of your battle, you are opening the door to His favor in your life. It's important to magnify your GOD; don't magnify your problems! When you give GOD praise, He gives you the victory!

*A PRAYER FOR TODAY?*
"Father, today I give You thanks for Your mercy and faithfulness in my life. Thank You for leading me into victory! I magnify You and bless Your holy name today in *JESUS*' name. Amen."

SEEDS OF DESTINY

DAILY DEVOTIONAL BY DR PASTOR PAUL ENENCHE

SUNDAY, 08/12/2019

TOPIC: THE PRESERVATION POWER OF PURPOSE
SCRIPTURE: The LORD said, Surely I will deliver you for a good purpose;surely I will make your enemies plead with you in times of disaster and times of distress. Jeremiah 15:11 (NIV).

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Your longevity in life is determined by the matter in your heart; preservation is possible where there is vision.

Sometime ago, I heard the story of a child who was born and hated by his father for no just cause. The father of the child told his wife that he did not want to see the child in his house. Due to the incessant pressure from the man, the child’s mother went and dumped the child in a dustbin. But that child could not die because he was carrying a purpose inside of him that must be delivered to his generation. That dustbin child grew and became the renowned Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa (of blessed memory). Incredible!

The question is: what if he died in that dustbin? Can you imagine the state of the body of Christ in Nigeria and in the world without the impact of the Arch Bishop Benson Idahosa (of blessed memory)?.
Beloved, purpose is a protector of life; preservation is possible where there is vision. If there is a burden in your heart for your generation, relax, you are not an easily waste-able material.

To matter in life, there must be heavy matters in your heart; wind cannot carry stone because the stone matters. Your longevity in life is determined by the matters in your heart.

Today, I prophesy to you, no situation of life shall take your life before your time, in Jesus’ Name.

REMEMBER THIS: Your longevity in life is determined by the matters in your heart; preservation is possible where there is vision.

ASSIGNMENT (S):

1. Go to God to unveil to you the real purpose for your existence.
2. Aggressively fulfill that purpose for the advancement of the Kingdom and the benefit of your generation; start from where you are now.
For Further Understanding, Get This Message: Too Needed to be Wasted.

PRAYER: Lord, I ask that you will unveil Your purpose for my life to me. I connect Your preservation power that is encapsulated in that purpose. Help me to fulfill my days on earth Lord, Jesus’ Name.

DAILY READING: Hosea 10:1 to 14:9, Jude 1 to 25, Psalm 127:1 to 5, Proverb 29:15 to 17
QUOTE: You do not know you until God reveals you to you; purpose gives confidence to life. Culled from Go in this thy might by Dr. Paul Enenche.

AMAZING FACT:Nails grow faster in summer than in winter – because in summer nails get close to sun more than winter which increases Vitamin E to help grow nails faster than winter.

PROPHETIC WORD/DECLARATION: I decree that God’s purpose for your life will cause you to escape every trap of the enemy in this season, in Jesus’ Name.

*CAC LIVING WATER*

*DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE*

*Sunday, December 8, 2019*

*TOPIC:**GOD'S SPIRIT UPON BALAAM?*
*Read Numbers 24:1-4*

1. And when Balaam saw that it pleased the Lord to bless Israel, he went not, as at other times, to seek for enchantments, but he set his face toward the wilderness.
2. And Balaam lifted up his eyes, and he saw Israel abiding in his tents according to their tribes; and the spirit of God came upon him.
3. And he took up his parable, and said, Balaam the son of Beor hath said, and the man whose eyes are open hath said:
4. He hath said, which heard the words of God, which saw the vision of the Almighty, falling into a trance, but having his eyes open:

*MEMORISE:*

*And Balaam raised his eyes, and saw Israel encamped according to their tribes; and the Spirit of God came upon him (Numbers 24:2)*

*EXPOSITION*

Balaam was obviously a sorcerer, diviner, and pagan priest (v. 1). How come 'the Spirit of God came upon him' (v. 2b)? God can use anything for His purpose, e.g. Balaam's donkey (22:12ff).

When the usable isn't available, the available becomes the usable for the moment, but that doesn't make the available relevantly usable at all times. Balak had contracted Balaam to curse God's people (22:1ff). God decided to turn the table around against Balak, using his own instrument. And that is clearly displayed in how Balaam arrayed his prophecies (22:41; 24:25).

He became a ready tool in God's hand for that moment.
Also, that the Spirit of God comes upon a man doesn't mean the man has this Spirit inside of him. Only when the Spirit indwells man that he is first God's, and can function well for God without failing (Rom. 8:14ff).

It was later discovered that Balaam was the instigator of the sexual misbehavior and idolatry of Israel with Moab in Numbers 25:1ff (31:16,17). If Balaam was of God, how could he have helped God's enemies to defeat His people? The Holy Spirit can never contradict, or work against God (1 Jn. 4:1-6). Obviously, Balaam was not of God. That God's Spirit used him didn't change his disposition against God and His people. What is the disposition of your heart towards God? (2 Cor. 13:5ff). Check and make amends where necessary.

*PRAYER POINTS*

1. Lord, help me align with Your Holy Spirit, so that I don't just serve the purpose of just being used as an instrument and later be discarded.
2. Holy Spirit, convict me of every rebellious tendencies in me, and help me to change, positively.
3. Lord, punitively expose the Balaams in our churches and nation.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Ezekiel 45:3 - 47:16; 1 John 3:18 - 4:14*
*HAVE A REFRESHING TIME IN HIS PRESENCE...........SHALOM*