The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 16 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Forums
Daily Devotional for Tuesday 22nd October - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://contripeople.com)
+-- Forum: Retired Forums (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Forum: Retired Forums. Please Make Your Post Within The 3 Forums In General Discussion (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Forum: Daily Devotions (http://contripeople.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=65)
+---- Thread: Daily Devotional for Tuesday 22nd October (/showthread.php?tid=24016)

Daily Devotional for Tuesday 22nd October - Edoman - 10-22-2019

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES

TUESDAY, 22TH OCTOBER.

REMAIN FOCUSED AND AFIRE FOR THE LORD

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24).

Our opening verse above is as inspiring as it is instructive. It reveals the kind of mindset you must have in the face of adversities. 2 Timothy 3:12 says, “Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.”

When you’re effective in the things of God, there’re those who’ll surely criticize you and say demeaning things about you. However, you must remain undaunted. Refuse to allow their criticisms or malicious acts quench your zeal for the Lord and His work. Remain focused and afire for the Lord and keep doing what He’s called you to do.

You’re a city set on a hill that can’t be hidden (Matthew 5:14); that means you’re supposed to attract attention. While there’re those who’ll be inspired by your passion and commitment to the Lord, some may despise you for it; but it makes no difference. Just keep serving the Lord, and faint not.

The opinions of others about you don’t count; you should only be concerned about the Lord and His Word concerning you. He doesn’t want you bothered about the challenges that come your way. Rather, He says, “Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort or fall into various temptations” (James 1:2 AMPC).

Like the Apostles in the early Church, relish every opportunity to be criticized or persecuted for your commitment to Jesus Christ. It’s an indication that you’re effective and making remarkable progress in the direction of His calling for your life. The Bible tells us that after the apostles were beaten and threatened, they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for Jesus’ sake (Acts 5:40-41).

Even the Lord Jesus was criticized by the Scribes, Pharisees and Sadducees, but He was unmoved. As you diligently serve the Lord, Satan will stir up trouble against you, but like the Apostle Paul, declare, “None of these things move me,” and keep pressing on from glory to glory. Amen.

PRAYER

Blessed Father, you’re everything to me; knowing you more and serving you with my life is all that my heart beats for. Thus, it makes no difference what adversities may come my way, I’m unruffled, knowing that in you I have victory. I’m more than a conqueror, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Isaiah 50:7 TLB; Acts 20:18-24
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Timothy 4:1-16 & Jeremiah 11-12

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 7:1-10 & 2 Kings 9

#TALKINGSESSION

22ND OCTOBER.

KINDLY SAY THESE WORDS OUT LOUD

Dear Father, thank You for the revelation of Your Word that confirms indeed that the glory of the latter is greater than that of the former, as evidenced by the miracles that are wrought today by Your Spirit, through faith in the Name of Jesus.

I am properly positioned to experience the greater and, mighty move of the Spirit in my day and will do wonders in my world.

I rule, reign and dominate my world today by the faith of God in my spirit! My faith is alive and producing results today because the Word of God is in my heart and in my mouth, and as I speak it forth, circumstances align with the Father's perfect will for my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

God bless you

RE: Daily Devotional for Tuesday 22nd October - Edoman - 10-22-2019

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: TUESDAY 22ND OCTOBER 2019

THEME: DIVINE ENCOUNTER

MEMORISE:
For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. Mark 5:28

READ: Matthew 8:5-13

8:5 And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, 8:6 And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. 8:7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. 8:8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. 8:9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. 8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. 8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 8:13 And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour..

I am pleased to announce to you today that just one encounter with the Almighty, with whom there is no impossibility, is all that you need to make all your problems a thing of the past. Not only will your problems be dealt with through an encounter with Him, you will also receive the mother of all blessings, which is eternal life. The story of the centurion who encountered Jesus Christ is a good example of the possibilities that a divine encounter brings. Incidentally, this centurion was not a Jew. Nobody can tell how he got to know about Jesus, but suffice it to say that he was singled out for this encounter by divine arrangement. Typical of a soldier, he went straight to the point in his communication with Jesus, and the Lord offered to come to his house to grant his request. Amazingly, even though he was not a Jew, this centurion demonstrated great faith in the Messiah of the Jews. He declined Jesus' offer to come to his house, saying that the Master just needed to speak a word and his servant would be healed. He believed that whatever Jesus said would definitely come to pass. The Lord was touched by this demonstration of faith, commending it as the sort He had not seen in Israel.

Beloved, let us learn from the centurion. He was out to get healing for his servant and this led him to Jesus. This encounter produced results because he had great expectations. Whenever you come before the Lord's presence, you will be wise to come before Him with a pure heart that expects significant things from Him. Go before the Lord believing like the centurion did. You will notice that the centurion applied what he knew about authority as a soldier to connect with a profound spiritual principle. It is unfortunate that instead of allowing God to use their professional background to help them understand divine principles, some people rather allow the devil to convince them that there is no God. The reality of human efforts being futile without God is what convinced Peter, an experienced fisherman, that his catch of fish at the Lord's direction was not ordinary (Psalm 127:1, Luke 5:8). He therefore bowed to the divine supremacy of the preacher who knew more about fish than any experienced fisherman. This encounter changed Peter's life permanently, making him famous in almost all the nations of the world. The woman with the issue of blood, who declared the words of today's memory verse, also had a divine encounter with Jesus, which put an end to pain, shame and waste in her life. In order not to miss your day of visitation by the Lord, never get too familiar with His works. Always appreciate His miracles and let your heart be full of expectation of a divine encounter at all times. I pray that you will not miss your day of visitation, like the children of Israel did, in Jesus' Name (Luke 13:34-35).

PRAYER POINT:
Father, cause me to encounter You in a special way today.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 24-25, Revelation 17:1-14

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 8: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE

1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Saviour divine!
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!

2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!

3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.

4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!

*SEEDS OF DESTINY*

*STOP LIVING A LIE*

22 October, 2019

There is no destiny for the insincere; there is no future in falsehood and there can be no prospect for the perverted.

SCRIPTURE: The lip of truth shall be established for ever: but a lying tongue is but for a moment. Proverbs 12:19

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: There is no destiny for the insincere; there is no future in falsehood and there can be no prospect for the perverted.

Lying is not only when you make a statement that is false, it is also living a life that is not true. It is living a fake life.

The tragedy is, there is so much fakeness and lie in our generation today. There is the fakeness or the lie of extra body parts, either behind at the lower region or in front at the upper region? I heard the story of a lady who did breast implant; a constructive plastic breast surgery to make her breasts bigger. One day while she was in an air-plane flying, right in the aircraft, the fake enhanced breast exploded like a bomb because of the cabin pressure. What a life of lie!

There are people today who gained admission into higher institutions with other people�s certificates? What of the person who reduced his/her age in order to get a job? What about those who have transformed their faces with all manner of colours in the name of makeup? They almost turned themselves into village masquerades, looking the opposite of how God created them. 

What of the man who married a lady and refused to tell her before entering the marriage that he was impotent or that he had had a child with another woman before? What about the lady who lost her fallopian tubes as a result of ectopic pregnancies of sinful origin and refused to disclose it to her spouse before their wedding? Yet for ten years now they have been holding hands together to pray to God for divine intervention. They have even continued to fast together, trusting God for the fruit of the womb, yet she hid the truth from the husband. What a demonic lie!

Beloved, there is no destiny for the insincere; there is no future in falsehood and there can be no prospect for the perverted.
My counsel is, avoid the lifestyle of lies as you would cancer.

REMEMBER THIS: There is no destiny for the insincere; there is no future in falsehood and there can be no prospect for the perverted

ASSIGNMENT(S)

1. Confess and repent of any lifestyle of lie you have exhibited in time past or are currently living.
2. Be contented; do not struggle to be who you are not.
3. You must realize that whatever God has not given you, you don�t need.
PRAYER: Lord, I ask for Your mercy for living an untrue life in one way or the other. Deliver me from a fake and unrealistic lifestyle. Lord, help me to be contented and live right, Lord, in Jesus� Name.

QUOTE: For some people, the only thing that is true about them is that there is no truth about them. Even their age is a lie. And for some, the name they bear is also a lie. Culled from Who Are You by Dr Paul Enenche

AMAZING FACT: The Eagle builds the largest tree nest of all birds, measuring about 9.5 ft. (2.9 m) across. The largest nest ever found was nearly 10 ft. wide and weighed close to 3 tons

DAILY READING: Jer 39:1 to 41:18, 2 Tim 1:1 to 18, Ps 90:1-91:16, Prov 26:1 to 2

DON'T FORGET TO ATTEND: The Power Communion Service tomorrow with friends and loved ones for the preservation of your lives and destinies by 5:30pm at the Glory Dome. God bless you as you come.

PROPHETIC DECLARATION/WORD: The grace to live in truth and sincerity is released upon you in Jesus� Name.

*OUR DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL*

_A DAILY DEVOTIONAL BOOKLET FOR CHAMPIONS_

*DATE: TUESDAY 22ND OCTOBER, 2019*

*TOPIC: I AM DETERMINED! THE PERFECTER IS AT WORK!*

*BASIC SCRIPTURE: HEBREWS 12:1-15*

It was Dan Gable who penned: “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” 

He was talking about the DETERMINATION to finish WHATEVER you start until you get you PRIZE! As 2019 ends and no matter how your year has been, resolve that you will be a GOOD FINISHER! Resolve that you will not finish this year in depression, complaining, bitterness, secret anger against God, wishing for the unknown, jealousy, envying others, comparing yourself to others. Not forgiving yourself for your mistakes, etc. be like your Father God! He has never started a project and abandoned it halfway.

God is not a God that will get Himself involved in something and then run out of energy somewhere along the way and finish in defeat. He is a finisher! He is not just a finisher, He does a perfect job. 

Today’s Word (Vs. 2; KJV) says, He is the AUTHOR and FINISHER of your faith! In the NIV, “FINISHER” is translated as “PERFECTER.” That means He PERFECTS all that concerns you! Everything may not be what you want it to be now, but your God is PERFECTING your destiny! That is why YOU MUST NEVER QUIT NOW! The PERFECTER is at work! See your greater tomorrow! I was told 2020 will be a year of great ELEVATION for the ODM prophetic family and God’s people! Get ready to end 2019 well, in DETERMINATION to PRESS ON into 2020 – the year of ELEVATION.

Then get ready to do the 21-day fasting programme of January again. Get ready too to be at the end-of-fast WORLD ANOINTING ELEVATION NIGHT at the TBS Lagos, Nigeria – January 31st, 7pm. WHEN YOU BECOME DETERMINED IN FAITH, YOU BECOME UNSTOPPABLE! Close with Samuel Johnson: *“Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance.”* The woman in Luke 8:43, was determined and she became a great testimony of the LORD as a FINISHER/PERFECTER after years of shame – disgraceful blood flow! 

Praise God, she was not disappointed and you too will not be disappointed. Look up! Be determined! The PERFECTER is still on duty for you!

*WOMEN DELIVERANCE/ANOINTING! Tomorrow is WOMEN INTERDENOMINATIONAL POWER CONFERENCE. Theme: “DANCING IN THE RAIN.” Venue: Ogudu Mountain, Lagos. Your Lazarus will rise again! I see marital restoration and divine connections as I also lay hands on all women this SUNDAY, 8am.*

*PRAYER POINTS:* Take Song 2: It Is Well With My Soul…
1. In your own words, pray seriously on today’s word.
2. *See Psalm 138:8!* I can never be an abandoned project! I determine to hold on as I look to my PERFECTER in Jesus name.
3. Oh PERFECTER of destinies; perfect all that concerns the following areas of my life, family and ministry *(Mention them now).* Pray about today seriously! Cancel the loss of a child!

*THE BIBLE-IN-ONE-YEAR: MARK 1-3*
*BY BISHOP (DR) CHRIS E. KWAKPOVWE (CEK)*
_PUBLISHER/WRITER OF ODM_

*Song 2: It Is Well With My Soul.*

1. When peace like a river
Attendeth my way;
When sorrow like the sea bellows roll,
Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

*Refrain:*

It is well (it is well)
With my soul (with my soul)
It is well, it is well with my soul.

2. Though Satan should buffet,
Though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control;
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

3. My sin, oh this bliss of this glorious thought,
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul.

4. For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live;
If dark hours about me shall roll;
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life,
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.

CHRIST APOSTOLIC CHURCH

THE LIVING WATER {July ~ Dec., 2019}

DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

TOPIC: THE DANGER OF LEAVING GOD'S PRESENCE
Read Jonah 1:2-4

2. Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me.
3. But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the Lord, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the Lord.
4. But the Lord sent out a great wind into the sea, and there was a mighty tempest in the sea, so that the ship was like to be broken.

MEMORISE: Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? (Psalms 139:7)

EXPOSITION

The unquestionable God calls those who He wills into His work and it is better to appreciate His gracious gift and power in us than think we are somebody before Him. We are here to fulfil His mandate, giving Him the glory with all we are made of.

A servant of God definitely should run errands for God. This was not the case with Jonah, the son of Amittai, who abandoned God's project and became a wandering adventurist. Spending unplanned money, time, etc., He left the place of assignment to a place of destruction, but for God's love upon him.

Our Sender (God) should be held in high esteem, because He will demand account from us, and reward us accordingly. Jonah was thus overwhelmed by challenges. If you cannot do God's work, at least, you can manage what God has for you. Great wind was caused by God to trouble the ship that took him to escape from the presence of God. 

Three days was Jonah in the belly of the fish. Definitely, not a good experience.
Who is a servant of God? If all have sinned and Jesus came for all, it is expected that all should serve Him and His purposes, alone. To be in church and keep running away from working for God is an error individuals must necessarily correct, except our hope is limited to this earth.

Not all problems are caused by enemies. We might need to examine ourselves: 'Where do wars and fights come from among you?' (Jas. 4:1) Most times, it is from within, and sometimes due to our unreadiness to respond positively to God's will. Jonah lost his belongings. He also became a problem to other people. Learn from Korah and Achan (Num. 16:27-33; Jos. 7:24,25). Hope you are not another Jonah? You can only run; you cannot hide (Psa. 139:7).

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord, have mercy on me and forgive me of every neglect of Your work.
2. Lord, deliver me from every challenge occasioned by not heeding Your commands.
3. Father, save our nation from the sin of choking the gospel, while also helping Your servants to be up and doing.

EXTRA READING FOR TODAY: Isaiah 50:10 - 54:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:7 - 5:9
Author: C.A.C WORLDWIDE
Remain blessed!